Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hard to digest 15:46 - Dec 21 with 7558 viewsRAFC1907

Watching Rochdale at the minute and the feeling around the whole place is possibly darker than when we had Barrow/Eyre/Coleman in charge.

Why's the top goal scorer not playing upfront?

How come when Cannon comes on he's not in centre mid where he dominated so many times last season?

Why did we sign a 38 year old and give a striker a deal who averages 5 goals per season?

Is Magahey sold in January?

What does the future hold for the club with so many staff in and out of jobs lately?

How long are people going to accept the excuses and continue to waste their weekends watching what's been served up before they start the 'HILL OUT' chants?

Poll: Bottomley...

Hard to digest on 22:18 - Dec 21 with 1694 viewsrochdaleriddler

Hard to digest on 21:45 - Dec 21 by SuddenLad

Why would a recently recruited fan give a toss what was being served up 2/3 seasons ago ?

Dunno, not what I said

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Hard to digest on 22:20 - Dec 21 with 1685 viewsRAFC1907

Hard to digest on 16:11 - Dec 21 by MancDale

If you genuinely think this season is worse than under the managers you mention you must have a very short memory. Every single week Barrow was manager we were in the bottom half of league Two. Coleman took us down and turned us into a team of lazy bastards and cheats. Eyre was barely even here.

I think your missing the points.

But anyway thanks for your input 😂

Hard to digest on 22:21 - Dec 21 with 1677 viewsRAFC1907

Hard to digest on 16:26 - Dec 21 by SuddenLad

In terms of me being a Dale fan, these are the Golden Days, without a shadow of a doubt. The only time I EVER stopped watching Dale, in over 50 years, was because of the crap on offer, when Graham Barrow was manager. Unbelievable dross - and believe me there were some seriously bad days before that. He takes the award for wearing the supporters down to levels previously unknown.

We might not be pulling up trees of late, but no-one should be thinking that this is by any means comparable to years gone by. There is zero possibility of me withdrawing my support for either the current team or manager.

We have much to be positive about.

So your happy with the football we have been served with lately and the clubs top scorer in midfield?

Hard to digest on 22:25 - Dec 21 with 1669 viewsRAFC1907

Hard to digest on 17:40 - Dec 21 by JimmyRustler

I don't know a single fan who expects us to be tearing teams apart or even to be doing much better than we are now to be honest. The frustration is borne out of the same mistakes made week in week out for the best part of 18 months and no evidence of anything being done to rectify the situation
[Post edited 21 Dec 2018 17:42]

Spot on, I was wondering when I would find the first post in relation to the original.

To all other fans -Those that dont move on get left behind, live in the present.

Hard to digest on 23:05 - Dec 21 with 1616 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hard to digest on 21:39 - Dec 21 by DaleiLama

It has to be said, yet another square pass and waiting for the mistake to happen can get a little trying on the patience. It's not like this squad don't know how to play attacking football. They seem to have been ordered to play safe and that style doesn't suit us and isn't safe. Oh well …….. up the Dale.

Indeed ....there's playing safe and playing silly. If you piss about long enough at the back a pass will eventually go astray and let in the opposition or like last week we just do it for them.
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:07 - Dec 21 with 1616 viewsDerekHall5

Hard to digest on 23:23 - Dec 21 with 1595 viewsD_Alien

Hard to digest on 22:25 - Dec 21 by RAFC1907

Spot on, I was wondering when I would find the first post in relation to the original.

To all other fans -Those that dont move on get left behind, live in the present.

This is typical of the triteness on here, in making wildly inaccurate assumptions that those of us capable of making comparisons with the past are somehow "living in the past"

The two things are very different, and those you are referring to have debated the current situation very explicitly elsewhere. Please apply a degree of thought before posting, it really would help
[Post edited 21 Dec 2018 23:27]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hard to digest on 00:01 - Dec 22 with 1547 viewscadmonkey

I'm a newbie and exile, only been following the Dale for 3 years, season ticket the last 2. So I can't comment on what has happened before.
I would just like to see the same attacking football I saw 3 years ago, with the best players picked in their best positions, and Hill not slating fans because a handful of people may have a go at him.
Probably too much to ask though.
Login to get fewer ads

Hard to digest on 00:06 - Dec 22 with 1539 viewsdalenumber2

I keep saying it, but I'd be ok with us being in the league position that we are in if I thought that Hill was using the squad of players he has as his disposal to its best effect.
And now fans are now claiming to be apathetic - that is certainly a worrying sign.
(No subject) (n/t) on 05:53 - Dec 22 with 1463 viewsDerekHall5

Hard to digest on 10:15 - Dec 22 with 1335 viewsmidlandsdale

Hard to digest on 22:08 - Dec 21 by nordenblue

He's a control freak and let's his own ego rule any managerial skills he has shown previously to possess, the freezing out of in form players like Cannon and not playing a £3m striker because he "doesn't defend", similar could be aimed at the laughable scenario around his choice of keeper,when he doesn't base any of his starting criteria on who can actually keep the ball out of our own sodding net,but rather who can hit an inch perfect pass to a forward on the off chance we dare move into the oppositions half, whilst at the same time playing our best(only) goal scoring forward in midfield/full back.

His man management skills have gone out of the window too and for me you previously saw players who would run through a brick wall for him,no longer feel anywhere near the same kind of allegiance to his ridiculous ways.

Similarities to the recent goings on at Old Trafford are alarming, will the end result be the same.....

Perfectly put and spot on. Just because he has been great in the past doesn't guarantee anything in the future. If this was as many have said around the forum one of his spells where he tries a few things then gets back to reality, then all well and good.

Sadly the spell has become reality and I think Hill has by his inflated self pomp and attitude shot himself terminally in the foot. We all want a return to his early approach but it seems but a fantasy. The respect he once earned through his style and approach has long disappeared with the players, is like a leaking egg timer with the fans, and may even have precipitated the early exit stage left of one Mr Dunphy.
Hard to digest on 12:22 - Dec 22 with 1220 viewsD_Alien

Hard to digest on 10:15 - Dec 22 by midlandsdale

Perfectly put and spot on. Just because he has been great in the past doesn't guarantee anything in the future. If this was as many have said around the forum one of his spells where he tries a few things then gets back to reality, then all well and good.

Sadly the spell has become reality and I think Hill has by his inflated self pomp and attitude shot himself terminally in the foot. We all want a return to his early approach but it seems but a fantasy. The respect he once earned through his style and approach has long disappeared with the players, is like a leaking egg timer with the fans, and may even have precipitated the early exit stage left of one Mr Dunphy.

That last point - i could be mistaken, but i think it's the first time it's been mooted on here, quite as plainly at least

May have been in the back of many people's minds, and it's a fair point to make

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hard to digest on 12:44 - Dec 22 with 1183 viewsjonahwhereru

Only seen two games this season but one of those was a couple of weeks ago.

I haven’t seen any indication the players are not trying, for Hill or the club.

They finished the game at Wimbledon strongly. That in conditions for man’s football, where one could hide. Basically their heart is still in it. So at the moment I could not criticise Hill’s management. To be fair given his unorthodox approach to team selection the togetherness is laudable. Perhaps the amazing finish to last season is still bringing benefits in the dressing room.

If the dressing room does fragment we are in big trouble and it would be time to play the kids.

Hoping we don’t end up going there.
Hard to digest on 13:54 - Dec 22 with 1124 viewsregjenkins

Hard to digest on 21:39 - Dec 21 by DaleiLama

It has to be said, yet another square pass and waiting for the mistake to happen can get a little trying on the patience. It's not like this squad don't know how to play attacking football. They seem to have been ordered to play safe and that style doesn't suit us and isn't safe. Oh well …….. up the Dale.

In a nut shell... no progress?

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024