Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The future of our club 23:58 - Feb 1 with 2130 viewstylagarwjack

The last day or two has made me believe even more that the Americans want to asset strip our club in order to recover as much as their “investment” as possible and will stop at nothing in order
to do so.

There is no proof of course but the rumours that HJ turned his phone off last
night and that is the only reason why Dan James isn’t a Leeds player now can’t be ignored as it is yet another example of how the Americans operate. Clearly HJ is still trying to operate in the best interests of the club even if (through his own doing) he is now fighting a losing battle.

Retaining Dan James’s services would make little difference to the club’s financial sustainability in the way that Bony staying would have, yet the Americans clearly wanted to sell or else the deal wouldn’t have got as close as it was to completion, ditto Fer, who had a medical at Villa.

As much as Schnoz and the other W**kers who sold out should be despised, at least they are fans even though they put their personal wealth ahead of their love for the club.

Let’s be in no doubt, these American w**kers will let the club die in order to get their money back.

I don’t know what course of action is, but what I am sure of is that we need to do something, if, we, as a fan base, want to retain our championship status, because I reckon the Americans will kill us as a club in pursuit of their money back if we let them.

Sorry to post this but this is serious s**t and i am deeply worried about the future of our club.

Thoughts?
The future of our club on 00:02 - Feb 2 with 2088 viewsomarjack

All been said before, we're heading towards ruin. And very soon.

Nothing we can do, the trust shares matter for sh!t, they won't do anything, As for this "Huw is the good guy bollocks"..I don't buy it.

He sold the club to the scum, he made p!ss poor decisions that got us where we are, he can't get out of blame because he allegedly wanted to keep James for another 6 months.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

The future of our club on 00:56 - Feb 2 with 2016 views_

Thoughts?? Haha... Retaining Dan wouldn't make little difference to the clubs financial sustainability??

Upwards of £8m would've come in for him had Leeds gone up.

You can't just turn your nose up at that when you know the club needs every penny it can make.

There's post after post on this site where there's no intelligent thought process gone into most of them.

Everyone wants a successful football club, everyone wants new players everyone wants success and let's face it, hardly any of you know the true cost of any of it.

I would've been as gutted as anyone to lose Dan James yesterday but do try to get it into your heads, we need money.

We need to make tough decisions or we won't have a football club.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The future of our club on 01:05 - Feb 2 with 2015 viewsswan65split

The future of our club on 00:56 - Feb 2 by _

Thoughts?? Haha... Retaining Dan wouldn't make little difference to the clubs financial sustainability??

You can't just turn your nose up at that when you know the club needs every penny it can make.

There's post after post on this site where there's no intelligent thought process gone into most of them.

Everyone wants a successful football club, everyone wants new players everyone wants success and let's face it, hardly any of you know the true cost of any of it.

I would've been as gutted as anyone to lose Dan James yesterday but do try to get it into your heads, we need money.

8 mill is feck all to what we seem to be at a loss.

we were a succesfull club intil big heads lost the plot and took their eye of the ball.

as it is there will be no Club, total incompetence that you keep defending.

its a Fecking Hedge Fund,,,no money input,,,,GET IT?
The future of our club on 07:13 - Feb 2 with 1895 viewsSgorioFruit

The future of our club on 01:05 - Feb 2 by swan65split

8 mill is feck all to what we seem to be at a loss.

we were a succesfull club intil big heads lost the plot and took their eye of the ball.

as it is there will be no Club, total incompetence that you keep defending.

its a Fecking Hedge Fund,,,no money input,,,,GET IT?

Exactly that. Need money? Years of hard work, 7 seasons in the top tier, and now we are suddenly skint?
And the people that made us skint are still ruining the club?
What a shambles we are off the field, and this week has just cemented that statement.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The future of our club on 07:21 - Feb 2 with 1886 viewsexhmrc1

I really dont see the sense of the James deal. If it was a sale for 8 million or more it would be understandable but it wasn't. It was a loan of approx. 1 million with an option to buy in the summer. He was on low wages and reports are he is the lowest paid member of the squad so there wouldnt be vast savings on wages. If Leeds dont go up that is all the club would receive. On top of that it wasn't going to be paid until the summer. Bonkers deal.

As far as the financial situation is concerned this has been created by the Yanks and Jenkins. Wasted transfer fees on the Ayews, Bony, Clucas and Bastion amount to 60 million with little recovered on sales. That is where the problem lies and why the financial position is so difficult. When these guys came in they were supposed to have the funding to take the club to the next level but the funding hasnt materialised. They are looking to recover the monies for the mess they have made instead.

The problem for the yanks is they bought a 68% share of what they valued the club at 100 million. The value has dropped to probably 30 million due to relegation. If they sold the club they would receive about 20 million so would make a loss of near 50 million.
The future of our club on 08:00 - Feb 2 with 1838 viewsjackal

Where do you see all this ending?

We had a discussion early on in the season. We agreed on one point. That the January window would show what the owners' intentions were . Well their plan was 5 out and none in. Bony had to go. Ok, but the others?

Are we going to save and scrimp all the way to Non- league?

Do you see the Fer and James deals failure as a bad thing?

What's going to be left when the Yanks finally fvck off?

Or do you actually believe that they're here for the long haul?
The future of our club on 08:08 - Feb 2 with 1813 viewsmonmouth

The future of our club on 07:21 - Feb 2 by exhmrc1

I really dont see the sense of the James deal. If it was a sale for 8 million or more it would be understandable but it wasn't. It was a loan of approx. 1 million with an option to buy in the summer. He was on low wages and reports are he is the lowest paid member of the squad so there wouldnt be vast savings on wages. If Leeds dont go up that is all the club would receive. On top of that it wasn't going to be paid until the summer. Bonkers deal.

As far as the financial situation is concerned this has been created by the Yanks and Jenkins. Wasted transfer fees on the Ayews, Bony, Clucas and Bastion amount to 60 million with little recovered on sales. That is where the problem lies and why the financial position is so difficult. When these guys came in they were supposed to have the funding to take the club to the next level but the funding hasnt materialised. They are looking to recover the monies for the mess they have made instead.

The problem for the yanks is they bought a 68% share of what they valued the club at 100 million. The value has dropped to probably 30 million due to relegation. If they sold the club they would receive about 20 million so would make a loss of near 50 million.

It was an obligation to buy not an option. That’s why that particular deal made some financial sense, depending on your view of Leeds prospects and James’ future potential value.

If the payment schedule had been 1m paid now and 8m paid in full on promotion (or 1st PL payment day), Dan James would be a Leeds player.

This suggests to me that the problem is cash flow not black holes (it might be black holes as well of course!).

All of this is speculative, based on reports. Like everyone else outside the actual discussions, I know nothing.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 8:35]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The future of our club on 08:12 - Feb 2 with 1802 viewstrinityann

Surely our finances can't be that bad, we have nearly sold the entire first team plus parachute payments. I understand we bought bad, but we also sold well with Bony/Ayew first time round, last summer we sold Glyfi/Llorente and Cork.

Surely the Yanks are cooking the books if the rumoured Trust can't view the accounts. If the club had proof of big debts surely your more likely to be open and transparent.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 8:32]
Login to get fewer ads

The future of our club on 08:54 - Feb 2 with 1702 viewsexhmrc1

The problem is the deal was dependent on Leeds getting promotion which is a maybe so effectively he was going on loan for 1 million and where the was little saving on wages. If reports are true this 1 million was to be paid at the end of the season so wouldnt help cash flow now. It may be when they were able to get Montero off the books it offered a better option in terms of savings.
The future of our club on 09:10 - Feb 2 with 1647 viewsLeonWasGod

"Had Leeds gone up". And that's the issue. They'd be taking one of our rising stars at no risk (apparently they didn't even want to pay the loan fee until the summer). Why should we loan our players at our expense to help others on the nod of a possible payment down the line? It was an awful deal for us. I suspect if it'd been a sizeable permanent move he'd have gone.
The future of our club on 09:30 - Feb 2 with 1573 viewsOldjack

You show everyone the books ,then if your right which I very much doubt people might start to take notice of you

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The future of our club on 10:27 - Feb 2 with 1445 viewsdobjack2

It was an absolutely awful deal for us with little risk for them.

Upwards of £8m based on certain things happening so I doubt that figure would be near the actual fee that would be received.

I don’t know that the club needs every penny it can make. I don’t see the books or have anyone feeding me information (or disinformation) to try and tone down supporter anger at the way the club has or is being run.
The future of our club on 10:50 - Feb 2 with 1393 viewsjacksfullaces

if we are in dire economic straits is due to financial mismanagement over the last few years (i,e not having a plan that accounted for relegation which I thought we were told we had in the dim and distant past, we have of course been told many things by clown jenkins at different points, but people seem to only ever live in the here and now - that perhaps is an indicator of intelligence levels)

if we aren't really in dire financial straits but just looking to sell, sell, sell that is surely to the benefit of quick wins for the shareholders (an intelligent and thought through position, with reasonable questions about the current profit and loss ledgers)

either way, it ain't something to belittle people's intelligence over. this effort at intellectual snobbery is laughable and shows a poor choice of language and judgement, which in itself is a reflection on poster intelligence.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024