Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club statement 22:34 - Feb 2 with 18924 viewsSwansea93

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/club-statement-chairmans-resignation

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Club statement on 09:24 - Feb 3 with 2135 viewsJinxy

Club statement on 09:09 - Feb 3 by monmouth

The voting rights were sold. There are none to ‘donate’. This should be clearly understood. It was the final act of treachery to make sure the SUPPORTERS (whatever you think about the efficacy of the Trust) would be a minority in perpetuity and could never have a true voice as envisaged by the original fragmented ownership model.

They are devious, duplicicitous, spiteful c*nts who treat the supporters of this club with contempt. And that’s the sellouts, who “love” the club. That’s “the club” spelt M. O. N. E. Y.

The Yanks are worse, but at least with Investment Managers you expect nothing more.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 9:10]

My belief was that if the Trust's share was 25% or greater, then it would have voting rights? Apologies if I am incorrect. The parting does seem to be a bitter one, and it would not surprise me to see HJ and co being revengeful and at the same time saving face with the fans, but you're probably right in that given their awful actions that will be the last thing on his/their tiny minds.

All in all this adds spice to the details and likelihood etc. of the potential litigation I imagine. If that (hopefully) goes ahead, the yanks will drag Jenkins' remains from under the bus and throw them under the next available express train.
Club statement on 09:26 - Feb 3 with 2119 viewsN_T_J

Club statement on 23:20 - Feb 2 by _

The thicko Swans fans often talked of a basket case football club.

Believe me, up until now we were more than holding it together but now we can all watch us unravel at the seems.... Because by Fack, that's what you've all pushed for

Your butty Jenkins started the downfall by selling to the yanks. He brought it on himself.
Club statement on 09:27 - Feb 3 with 2114 viewsjacabertawe

Club statement on 09:11 - Feb 3 by 34dfgdf54

They have said they will now work alongside the trust to appoint Huw’s successor. Let’s see if they are true to their word.

As a member of the trust I would appreciate constant updates now. I don’t want another month to go by and then an email comes out saying we were out of the loop. Tell us what is happening.

The Americans have no commitment to the Club, supporters or City beyond a financial one which will make them a profit. However, they may well be sensitive - albeit at a late stage - to their public image. But I still wouldn't trust them as far as (fill in here...).

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Club statement on 09:43 - Feb 3 with 2031 viewswaynekerr55

The voting rights were sold. There are none to ‘donate’. This should be clearly understood. It was the final act of treachery to make sure the SUPPORTERS (whatever you think about the efficacy of the Trust) would be a minority in perpetuity and could never have a true voice as envisaged by the original fragmented ownership model.

They are devious, duplicicitous, spiteful c*nts who treat the supporters of this club with contempt. And that’s the sellouts, who “love” the club. That’s “the club” spelt M. O. N. E. Y.

The Yanks are worse, but at least with Investment Managers you expect nothing more.

This, with bells and whistles.

No sympathy whatsoever. Has the 'vice chairman's fallen on his sword yet?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Club statement on 09:53 - Feb 3 with 1977 viewschad

Sorry to shout but

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE ABOVE POST

In the hugely unlikely event of Jinx donating his shares as an act of contrition it would be of no use as in a total act of betrayal and greed he

SOLD OUT THE VOTING RIGHTS OF HIS REMAINING SHARES

to give the Venture Capitalists total control over our club and render the Supporters share effectively worthless.

That is his legacy and that is what we are dealing with
Club statement on 09:58 - Feb 3 with 1939 views34dfgdf54

Club statement on 09:27 - Feb 3 by jacabertawe

The Americans have no commitment to the Club, supporters or City beyond a financial one which will make them a profit. However, they may well be sensitive - albeit at a late stage - to their public image. But I still wouldn't trust them as far as (fill in here...).

Surely they do? They have invested millions on behalf of others and need the club to be relatively successful to make any sort of money back.

Completely agree that they can’t be trusted, but I want to know if they are true to their word regarding starting dialogue with the Trust about a successor to Huw. Is this going to happen, we need constant updates from the Trust and not an email every few months.
Club statement on 10:18 - Feb 3 with 1866 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Anybody else pick up on the suggestion that Jenkins had to go because the Trust said changes in recruiting were needed.
Look don't blame us we were just listening to the fans via the Trust.
This lot are as crafty as a barrel load of monkeys, but then we already knew that from the Fans of DC United.
Club statement on 10:20 - Feb 3 with 1856 viewsShaky

Interesting timing just a few weeks before the release of the audited accounts.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Login to get fewer ads

Club statement on 10:28 - Feb 3 with 1829 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Jenkins donating his remaining 5% to the Trust wouldn’t make any difference to the running of the club but it would make a difference to the balance sheet of the Trust whilst they retain any value.

They would also be of value in the very unlikely event that dividends become payable at any time in the future.

I think it’s incredibly unlikely that he will donate them in light of the fact that the Trust are very likely to be taking him to court soon.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Club statement on 10:29 - Feb 3 with 1821 viewsmagicdaps10

Club statement on 10:28 - Feb 3 by Joe_bradshaw

Jenkins donating his remaining 5% to the Trust wouldn’t make any difference to the running of the club but it would make a difference to the balance sheet of the Trust whilst they retain any value.

They would also be of value in the very unlikely event that dividends become payable at any time in the future.

I think it’s incredibly unlikely that he will donate them in light of the fact that the Trust are very likely to be taking him to court soon.

Regardless of if it will help or not, Jenkins should donate his shares to the trust.

It is a must if we want our club back.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Club statement on 10:34 - Feb 3 with 1796 viewsShaky

Club statement on 10:28 - Feb 3 by Joe_bradshaw

Will have to see what the accounts say, but my gut tells me the shares are currently worthless.

In contrast to the Trust's shares only, which through legal means have the potential to be cashed in at their 2016 value.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Club statement on 11:00 - Feb 3 with 1746 viewswobbly

Can we just put this as a sticky at the top of the forum. Forever.
Club statement on 11:05 - Feb 3 with 1731 viewsSTID2017

Club statement on 09:26 - Feb 3 by N_T_J

Your butty Jenkins started the downfall by selling to the yanks. He brought it on himself.

T2C will never see it anyway but his way.
Sad but true

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Club statement on 13:20 - Feb 3 with 1621 viewsvalleyboy

Club statement on 01:25 - Feb 3 by AndyNak

So what could I/we have done to change the yanks mind? I don’t think anything would change their mind, the supporters are a complete irrelevance to them. The gate receipts are small change compared to Prem money or £10M deals for our youngsters. They don’t attend games. The only thing I can see that will hurt them or make them take notice is the potential legal action by the trust... and I’m a member and I’ll be voting. The one thing we could have done differently was push for earlier legal action but I’m not sure the Trust board at the time had the right people in place for that. Hopefully they do now.

Was it only a couple of months ago that Liverpool supporters did what Swansea supporters should have done 18 months ago and took on their American owners and made them climb down. When the owners wanted to increase the cost of buying a ticket to watch football at Anfield

Attendance money will be more important than money coming from Sky after the next season, as there won’t be any Sky money coming in any more
Club statement on 13:28 - Feb 3 with 1592 viewsvalleyboy

Club statement on 13:20 - Feb 3 by valleyboy

Was it only a couple of months ago that Liverpool supporters did what Swansea supporters should have done 18 months ago and took on their American owners and made them climb down. When the owners wanted to increase the cost of buying a ticket to watch football at Anfield

Attendance money will be more important than money coming from Sky after the next season, as there won’t be any Sky money coming in any more

If you think the Trust has a good legal case. Then why have they waited so long for it to happen

Is it now the second or even the third time they have asked for legal advice and still nothing has happened

It’s obvious that they haven’t had a clear case to take the Yanks on
Club statement on 13:38 - Feb 3 with 1563 viewsexiledclaseboy

Club statement on 13:28 - Feb 3 by valleyboy

If you think the Trust has a good legal case. Then why have they waited so long for it to happen

Is it now the second or even the third time they have asked for legal advice and still nothing has happened

It’s obvious that they haven’t had a clear case to take the Yanks on

The wheels of the legal process turn ridiculously slowly. The lack of progress is not a reflection of the strength or otherwise of the case itself.

Poll: Tory leader

Club statement on 13:45 - Feb 3 with 1519 viewswaynekerr55

Club statement on 13:38 - Feb 3 by exiledclaseboy

The wheels of the legal process turn ridiculously slowly. The lack of progress is not a reflection of the strength or otherwise of the case itself.

This.

It took nigh on 3 years to settle a freehold issue that was worth 20k. That's my own experience of litigation

These things take time

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Club statement on 13:52 - Feb 3 with 1495 viewsSwanseaman

Some crimes can take years for the perpetrators to eventually be charged and taken to court.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Club statement on 14:00 - Feb 3 with 1471 viewschad

However the considered advice of top Counsel that we have a strong case is.
Club statement on 14:01 - Feb 3 with 1471 viewslonglostjack

I really see no alternative to litigation as the Yanks can dilute the Trust’s holding by issuing new shares anyway.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Club statement on 14:07 - Feb 3 with 1455 viewsAl_Bundy

"Next chapter in the clubs development"

Fcek me I must have been asleep the past few seasons. The only development Mr Owners is the downward spiral of the club. Is this the further development you speak.
Club statement on 15:16 - Feb 3 with 1337 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Indeed.

My take from the club statement regarding working with the Trust to find Jenkins' replacement is that they're going to throw him under a bus in court.
Make no mistake, they sacked him.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Club statement on 17:19 - Feb 3 with 1241 viewsDJack

Club statement on 09:43 - Feb 3 by waynekerr55

This, with bells and whistles.

No sympathy whatsoever. Has the 'vice chairman's fallen on his sword yet?

No, but I hear that he fell upon the the dessert trolley...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Club statement on 17:26 - Feb 3 with 1225 viewsQJumpingJack

Quote:
"
However, it has reached a stage where the way Swansea City has been run on a day-to-day basis has to change".

This line doesn't make sense. Jenkins has not been running the club on a day to day basis. That has been Pearlman's role over the last two years.
Club statement on 17:28 - Feb 3 with 1220 viewsWarwickHunt

Club statement on 17:19 - Feb 3 by DJack

No, but I hear that he fell upon the the dessert trolley...

Face first into the Turkish delight cheesecake. Horrific scenes.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024