Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze..is he actually any good? 09:16 - Feb 20 with 12291 viewsRblockPrior

I was so frustrated with him last night just jogging around the pitch never getting into a sprint, playing the easy pass while always looking for the foul. Worse for me was the fact he didnt go up for 1 header, I honestly could not believe it. Against Millwall he was brilliant but he has been a passenger for far to many game this season and I for one would take any reasonable offer for him in the summer

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Eze..is he actually any good? on 16:10 - Feb 21 with 2105 viewsParkRoyalR

Eze..is he actually any good? on 14:23 - Feb 21 by JJB

Well you are clearly overrating him if you think he made all the difference against WBA. By end of the game and with Freeman off we were literally playing with 9 men with him on the pitch. He hasn't been dropped for no reason recently has he?

To be fair he could turn into a very good player and its not his fault either that dopey fans like you try to make out he is actually better then what he actually is.

Also don't get " Mad" either, its only football mate.

Eze was n't dropped, was only out due to injury picked up at Portsmouth away, thigh was completely bandaged at Wigan when he came on late in game and still had tape on same thigh on Tuesday night.
Eze..is he actually any good? on 16:20 - Feb 21 with 2078 viewsRblockPrior

I think initially he wasn't dropped however he has been fit for the last few games now and hasn't started, I do expect to see him start instead of Freeman on Saturday though

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Eze..is he actually any good? on 17:27 - Feb 21 with 2008 viewssimmo

Eze..is he actually any good? on 16:20 - Feb 21 by RblockPrior

I think initially he wasn't dropped however he has been fit for the last few games now and hasn't started, I do expect to see him start instead of Freeman on Saturday though

I think that's as much to do with the emergence of Matt Smith being unplayable for a few games rather than a conscious decision to 'drop' Eze. He doesn't fit so well in the 3-5-2 to accommodate the big man.

Still possibly the right decision either way, he's played a ridiculous amount of minutes for someone playing their first full season as a starter.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Eze..is he actually any good? on 18:39 - Feb 21 with 1960 viewsqprd

Eze..is he actually any good? on 17:27 - Feb 21 by simmo

I think that's as much to do with the emergence of Matt Smith being unplayable for a few games rather than a conscious decision to 'drop' Eze. He doesn't fit so well in the 3-5-2 to accommodate the big man.

Still possibly the right decision either way, he's played a ridiculous amount of minutes for someone playing their first full season as a starter.

Has Matt Smith really been unplayable? He was really really good against Birmingham City- heroic effort.

But he didnt play well against Watford or WBA and arguably made us worse

And it also begs the question. If the system we're playing plays to the strengths of, and requires the heavy contributions of, Matt Smith and Jordan Cousins, is it really a system we should be playing?
Eze..is he actually any good? on 19:04 - Feb 21 with 1953 viewsBurnleyhoop

Haven’t seen a young player with his ability and composure on the ball for a long long time. Who gives a Donald if he doesn’t go in for headers? Smith does it and that’s his game.

I could watch him all day long. This boy is on a steep learning curve, but has the potential to be world class. Show some support for Christ sake.
Eze..is he actually any good? on 09:20 - Feb 22 with 1833 viewsWestbourneR

Eze..is he actually any good? on 19:04 - Feb 21 by Burnleyhoop

Haven’t seen a young player with his ability and composure on the ball for a long long time. Who gives a Donald if he doesn’t go in for headers? Smith does it and that’s his game.

I could watch him all day long. This boy is on a steep learning curve, but has the potential to be world class. Show some support for Christ sake.

Well said mate.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Eze..is he actually any good? on 10:16 - Feb 22 with 1816 viewsgazza1

He has talent, no doubt, but how far will he take that talent because it needs a lot more than talent to make you a good player and team asset. The jury is out.
Eze..is he actually any good? on 10:27 - Feb 22 with 1793 viewstraininvain

Eze..is he actually any good? on 10:16 - Feb 22 by gazza1

He has talent, no doubt, but how far will he take that talent because it needs a lot more than talent to make you a good player and team asset. The jury is out.

Of course the jury is out- he's 20 years old in his first full season playing regularly at the club.

The problem here is the level of expectation which is simply unrealistic. Let's see how he progresses over the next couple of years. But try to do so without breaking him.
Login to get fewer ads

Eze..is he actually any good? on 10:45 - Feb 22 with 1774 viewsrsonist

Please retitle thread to "Eze.. am I actually blind and/or racist". Of course he's bloody good.
Eze..is he actually any good? on 10:46 - Feb 22 with 1770 viewssimmo

Eze..is he actually any good? on 18:39 - Feb 21 by qprd

Has Matt Smith really been unplayable? He was really really good against Birmingham City- heroic effort.

But he didnt play well against Watford or WBA and arguably made us worse

And it also begs the question. If the system we're playing plays to the strengths of, and requires the heavy contributions of, Matt Smith and Jordan Cousins, is it really a system we should be playing?

Well maybe not unplayable, but as far as McClaren is concerned he was undroppable after Birmingham and we've kept with this 352 on the back of that 2nd half and so we could include him in the starting 11.

I also don't think we should be playing 352 as although it allows Smith to play with Wells, it also plays at least 2 others out of position and as I mentioned originally, stops you from playing Freeman and Eze together.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Eze..is he actually any good? on 10:50 - Feb 22 with 1759 viewsgazza1

The reason I say 'the jury is out' is not because of his age but how he plays the game....as I said he has talent. He has a long way to go yet for him to be classed as a good player. He has played well on occasions this season. He isn't currently in the first 11 for a reason.
Eze..is he actually any good? on 10:59 - Feb 22 with 1752 viewsRblockPrior

Eze..is he actually any good? on 10:45 - Feb 22 by rsonist

Please retitle thread to "Eze.. am I actually blind and/or racist". Of course he's bloody good.

Wow, no need for that. Simply a question don't get rude simply because you may disagree with me raising that.

If you had read posts after you would see that I I confessed I may be being a little harsh on him and that I shouldn't expect so much from someone so young, many have commented fairly that what was I raised was simply not his strengths and so I shouldn't solely judge him on his heading ability or tracking etc It was not fair on me to put additional pressure and judgement on him just because he is seen as many as a real talent and possibly our biggest for some time.

The question was one for debate not for people to slate each other on their views.

You are clearly yet another who brings out the race card very easily without knowing someone, a trait which can be very damaging.

Eze..is he actually any good? on 22:42 - Feb 26 with 1574 viewsRblockPrior

For the record I thought he was fantastic tonight. Clever, strong and worked very hard

Eze..is he actually any good? on 23:11 - Feb 26 with 1464 viewsAgedR

Eze..is he actually any good? on 22:42 - Feb 26 by RblockPrior

For the record I thought he was fantastic tonight. Clever, strong and worked very hard

20 minutes in, a genuius behind me wanted Smith on for him.

Some people don’t deserve to watch football.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Eze..is he actually any good? on 13:42 - Feb 27 with 1176 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eze..is he actually any good? on 22:42 - Feb 26 by RblockPrior

Me, too. A delight to watch, and really coming back to top form. Couple of touches went astray but an excellent performance overall.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024