Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Come on en...how much do you all drink? 17:42 - Feb 28 with 9527 viewsBrad_Bobbly

So had a few glasses of vino last night and the missus thinks I’ve got a problem

I drink a few glasses of red every night and a good 4-8 beers at weekend.

Maybe I’m in denial but I’ve not got a problem? I don’t pour jack Daniels on me Frosties.

You men enjoy a beer?
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 09:37 - Mar 2 with 1677 viewsossie_jacks

used to drink 6 litres of white storm every day ie-up at half 7 in the morning and straight on it pissed by lunchtime bed for a few hours up at 5 and back on it again.doing this everyday something had to give and it certainly did ended up in ward 10 at singleton hospital seeing people turning green and yellow wasn't funny.my liver has recovered now though still get a lot of pain in that area at times

as for drinking I very rarely do now maybe 3 or 4 cans when unwinding listening to music.
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 09:51 - Mar 2 with 1661 viewsdickythorpe

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 09:37 - Mar 2 by ossie_jacks

used to drink 6 litres of white storm every day ie-up at half 7 in the morning and straight on it pissed by lunchtime bed for a few hours up at 5 and back on it again.doing this everyday something had to give and it certainly did ended up in ward 10 at singleton hospital seeing people turning green and yellow wasn't funny.my liver has recovered now though still get a lot of pain in that area at times

as for drinking I very rarely do now maybe 3 or 4 cans when unwinding listening to music.

Hope all is well now. Glad you found music to help. Nothing wrong with the odd can if it compliments whatever you are doing.
Moderation and all that.
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 10:01 - Mar 2 with 1643 viewsossie_jacks

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 09:51 - Mar 2 by dickythorpe

Hope all is well now. Glad you found music to help. Nothing wrong with the odd can if it compliments whatever you are doing.
Moderation and all that.

yes all good now dicky thanks mate I was in a bad place at the time had hit rock bottom 5 years later life is good.
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 17:36 - Mar 2 with 1544 viewsJacktheCork

My drinking escalated over the years and I lost my off switch at some point. I don’t know when. I had to drink until I was out of it virtually every time, so I quit about 4 years ago.

My life improved greatly.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2019 17:42]
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 19:09 - Mar 2 with 1499 viewsLeonWasGod

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 20:11 - Mar 1 by dickythorpe

You'll think I am joking but try chilled sparkling water. It helps especially with lemon barley

Best thing I've bought in recent years was our soda stream (oh yes, we lead really exiting lives in our house 😂). Fresh lime & soda hits the spot.

Get busy with the fizzy!!
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 20:00 - Mar 2 with 1475 viewsleighton1318

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 19:09 - Mar 2 by LeonWasGod

Best thing I've bought in recent years was our soda stream (oh yes, we lead really exiting lives in our house 😂). Fresh lime & soda hits the spot.

Get busy with the fizzy!!

I agree, I think there’s a serious point around: you come in and you really want a drink. For about five minutes. If ,in that time slot, you can take (say) a soda lime and enjoy it, then any other drink craving goes away. Whereas if you knock the top off a bottle, in those five minutes, then you get a taste for it and before you know it you’ve had another big night.

I do think managing drinking is about temptation, which is always there, and managing how you react to it. Just don’t buy it, or don’t put it in the fridge so it’s not chilled. As others here might say, keep as far away from temptation as possible.
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 08:18 - Mar 3 with 1358 viewsPegojack

Booze is dirt cheap out here, so me and Mrs Pegojack are trying to be sensible. We split a bottle of wine into four large glasses and have a glass each for dinner, so a bottle usually lasts two nights.
On top of that, we usually drink at any social events, of which there are three or four a week, but we don't overdo it, for example a pint and a half in the bar after our language class, a can of Amstel in the sports centre bar after the weekly walking football session. I guess when we get invited to other people's gaffes is when we drink the most, and even then, we take it easy.
A red wine hangover is the worst feeling in the world - to be avoided.
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 10:08 - Mar 4 with 1223 viewsBrad_Bobbly

Some good posts in here.

I’ve decided to give sobriety a try.

I drank 4 beers Friday, 5 on Saturday plus wine.

I don’t drink in moderation, I binge. Always feel tired all weekend.

I tell myself I don’t have a problem because I never drink before 7pm.

But it’s BS - I do have a problem, I’m a binge drinker and it’s making me fat!!
Login to get fewer ads

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 10:17 - Mar 4 with 1213 viewslifelong

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 10:08 - Mar 4 by Brad_Bobbly

Some good posts in here.

I’ve decided to give sobriety a try.

I drank 4 beers Friday, 5 on Saturday plus wine.

I don’t drink in moderation, I binge. Always feel tired all weekend.

I tell myself I don’t have a problem because I never drink before 7pm.

But it’s BS - I do have a problem, I’m a binge drinker and it’s making me fat!!

Try and give it up for a couple of weeks and start walking, you’ll feel much better for it.
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 11:29 - Mar 4 with 1183 viewsBrad_Bobbly

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 10:17 - Mar 4 by lifelong

Try and give it up for a couple of weeks and start walking, you’ll feel much better for it.

This is exactly my plan.

I stopped drinking for 3 months last year and walked every day, I felt great.

But I’ve slipped back into binge drinking every weekend.
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 11:30 - Mar 4 with 1183 viewsLord_Bony

Been teetotal more or less for about 20 months now due to medical reasons.

Can honestly say I don't miss it that much. Can still go to a pub and have a chat and sip soda water or tomato juice etc. ( but not all night,that would be too much 😚).

Would love to go on a binge but you'd be surprised how quickly you can adapt without it if need be.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 13:43 - Mar 4 with 1147 viewsBrad_Bobbly

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 11:30 - Mar 4 by Lord_Bony

Been teetotal more or less for about 20 months now due to medical reasons.

Can honestly say I don't miss it that much. Can still go to a pub and have a chat and sip soda water or tomato juice etc. ( but not all night,that would be too much 😚).

Would love to go on a binge but you'd be surprised how quickly you can adapt without it if need be.

Thanks for the replies it’s helpful seeing other people’s stories

I would to never think about beer and get into my hobbies again
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 13:54 - Mar 4 with 1140 viewsrockinjk

Probably around 2/3 times a week

Sometimes a lot but most weeks pretty much within limits or just over.

I can go a few weeks quite easily without the stuff.

Drinking everyday, I don't get it personally. It loses the joy for me, aside from the health aspects
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 14:02 - Mar 4 with 1137 viewsPhil_S

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 21:26 - Feb 28 by Sirjohnalot

Combination of laziness and my running, can easily goes months without a drink. Think I last had a drink around September when I was in Scotland. Going back in April so may have some of the Real Ale then.

Really wouldn’t bother me never to drink again.

Much the same as this - probably had maybe 5/6 pints in the last two months

Never think to drink in the house, will have a few when I am out if the mood takes me but similarly am happy enough to drive and not drink

Genuinely feel better for it as well
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024