Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum 27th March 20:56 - Mar 15 with 12771 viewsTwelveAngryMen

The Interim Board have tasked me with organising a fans forum to assist them with understanding our requirements as fans as we look forward and start planning for next season.

Ben Hatton, Michael Bolingbroke and myself are all confirmed to attend. If Ian Currie is available he will attend as well.

Topics under discussion will include season ticket pricing, travel, requirements of exiles, stand allocation, communication, community engagement, the appointment of an SLO and what can be done to deliver the best matchday experience.

The forum will be held at Rowley’s on Wednesday 27th March commencing at 7pm and will strictly be by invitation only. Non-alcoholic refreshments will be provided.

In order to make the discussion as productive as possible the number of attendees will be limited to 50 to include committee members from BST, BSA, The Muckers and representatives from BASIL, Yorkshire Seasiders, Leyland and Chorley and the TKs.

Having received feedback from those groups I have allocated the places available as follows —

BST/BSA/THE MUCKERS — 4 committee places each

BASIL / YORKSHIRE / LEYLAND AND CHORLEY AND TK’s - 2 committee places each.

In addition BST/BSA/THE MUCKERS will be able to nominate up to 4 additional members each.

I require names / addresses / ages for all attendees and also an indication as to whether (boycott period aside) they have been ST holders and if so for how long.

This information is only being sought for demographic purposes.

Assuming the committee members and general members allocation is fully subscribed that brings us to 32.

I am also going to allocate one place to a disability representative (I have asked Chris Beveridge to attend or nominate).

The remaining 17 places ( and any additional places that come available if any of the groups don’t use their full allocation ) will be made available to the general fan base whether affiliated to a particular group or not.

Assuming there is sufficient interest I will look to allocate fair share to U18’s and Seniors.

Anyone other than serving committee members of the above can email me on timfielding82@icloud.com providing the same information I seek of the fans groups nominations to register their interest in attending . If I am over-subscribed I will draw lots.

The deadline for nominations for the open places is Thursday next 7pm.

Hopefully I will see some of you at Burton tomorrow.

UTMP
[Post edited 15 Mar 2019 20:58]

#footballfirst

Fans Forum 27th March on 21:06 - Mar 15 with 3497 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Keep the good work up!

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Fans Forum 27th March on 21:14 - Mar 15 with 3486 viewsLala

Good stuff. Thanks 👍

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Fans Forum 27th March on 00:12 - Mar 16 with 3464 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Any chance of this being live streamed? Maybe the club could do it, or even The Gazette?
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 0:29]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Fans Forum 27th March on 09:02 - Mar 16 with 3435 viewsspell_chekker

Fans Forum 27th March on 00:12 - Mar 16 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Any chance of this being live streamed? Maybe the club could do it, or even The Gazette?
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 0:29]

How much of an influence are the Muckers going to have on the future.

Not keen.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Fans Forum 27th March on 10:12 - Mar 16 with 3430 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Fans Forum 27th March on 09:02 - Mar 16 by spell_chekker

How much of an influence are the Muckers going to have on the future.

Not keen.

Spell

I nominate you to represent our overseas dominions.

In fairness it's just a fans forum.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 10:38]

Fans Forum 27th March on 10:43 - Mar 16 with 3417 viewsROTTWEILERS

Fans Forum 27th March on 10:12 - Mar 16 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Spell

I nominate you to represent our overseas dominions.

In fairness it's just a fans forum.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 10:38]

The sooner everyone gets back to being fans, the better.

Leave the politics to BST. Elect a committee, stand for election if that's your thing. If not, pipe down and let others get on with it.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Fans Forum 27th March on 17:55 - Mar 16 with 3400 viewstodayistheday

Only citicism I have is why the MSG involved,from reading on avftt a few who will be their reps are just racist hooligans,they should be kept well clear of any input into giving ideas direct to the temp board. Think it would be better,as you are the 'fans rep'for you to meet these groups and then put forward feedback to the board.
Hope its not an all expenses paid jolly when you and BST coulld sort.
Fans Forum 27th March on 09:25 - Mar 17 with 3381 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Fans Forum 27th March on 17:55 - Mar 16 by todayistheday

Only citicism I have is why the MSG involved,from reading on avftt a few who will be their reps are just racist hooligans,they should be kept well clear of any input into giving ideas direct to the temp board. Think it would be better,as you are the 'fans rep'for you to meet these groups and then put forward feedback to the board.
Hope its not an all expenses paid jolly when you and BST coulld sort.

Appreciate the observations TITD however the other board members wanted to meet a cross-section of the fan base to put various ideas to them and it was that I have been asked to arrange
The Muckers represent an element of that fan base who's input is sought
As for ' all expenses paid jolly ' I might get ' a latte in Rowleys ' out of it

#footballfirst

Login to get fewer ads

Fans Forum 27th March on 09:49 - Mar 17 with 3374 viewsspell_chekker

Fans Forum 27th March on 09:25 - Mar 17 by TwelveAngryMen

Appreciate the observations TITD however the other board members wanted to meet a cross-section of the fan base to put various ideas to them and it was that I have been asked to arrange

I'd even go as far to say the same about theTKs.

They may have been at the forenfront of the fight to get rid of the Os but they're just a group of maates. An exclusive closed shop.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Fans Forum 27th March on 12:39 - Mar 17 with 3361 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I'm going to keep banging on about live streaming this. The official BFC YouTube channel has 7.4k subscribers, can't think of a better way of getting the message across.

Spell

Think the TKs have already made it known they intend to disband once new owners are in place. As for The Muckers, think they have over 500 "members", no idea what they see happening in the future.

Also with BSA, I'd really like to see their constitution change.

However, back to the topic, really glad to see this being arranged, well done to everyone involved. After years of Oyston propaganda a much welcome change.

Fans Forum 27th March on 14:03 - Mar 17 with 3348 viewstodayistheday

Fans Forum 27th March on 09:25 - Mar 17 by TwelveAngryMen

So the largest supporters group hasnt the desired cross section. Keep up the great work you are doing,
Fans Forum 27th March on 14:38 - Mar 17 with 3342 viewsstu

Fans Forum 27th March on 14:03 - Mar 17 by todayistheday

So the largest supporters group hasnt the desired cross section. Keep up the great work you are doing,

Just what I was thinking titd. TK and muckers not for me

Tangerine is the new black

Fans Forum 27th March on 14:49 - Mar 17 with 3328 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Fans Forum 27th March on 14:03 - Mar 17 by todayistheday

"Keep up the great work you are doing"

I'm sure he will. I'm equally sure you will keep sniping anonymously from the sidelines too.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Fans Forum 27th March on 14:51 - Mar 17 with 3332 viewsstu

Fans Forum 27th March on 14:49 - Mar 17 by basilrobbiereborn

I'm sure he will. I'm equally sure you will keep sniping anonymously from the sidelines too.

Woah everyone is allowed an opinion

Tangerine is the new black

Fans Forum 27th March on 15:15 - Mar 17 with 3316 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Fans Forum 27th March on 14:51 - Mar 17 by stu

Woah everyone is allowed an opinion

stu

you're giving this particular poster benefit of the doubt that he doesn't deserve. You're obviously a more forgiving man than me.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Fans Forum 27th March on 15:45 - Mar 17 with 3316 viewsjanegallagher

Fans Forum 27th March on 15:15 - Mar 17 by basilrobbiereborn

stu

you're giving this particular poster benefit of the doubt that he doesn't deserve. You're obviously a more forgiving man than me.

I agree with you spell, TK and muckers just does not sit well with me either

We must be missing something

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Fans Forum 27th March on 15:49 - Mar 17 with 3309 viewstodayistheday

Fans Forum 27th March on 14:49 - Mar 17 by basilrobbiereborn

Become a mod on here and ban me for life you fcuking tit.
Fans Forum 27th March on 15:54 - Mar 17 with 3305 viewsspell_chekker

Fans Forum 27th March on 15:49 - Mar 17 by todayistheday

Become a mod on here and ban me for life you fcuking tit.

Hey there Stu.

Fans Forum 27th March on 17:34 - Mar 17 with 3280 viewsjanegallagher

Fans Forum 27th March on 15:54 - Mar 17 by spell_chekker

Hey there Stu.

Not used to that on here 😱

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Fans Forum 27th March on 19:10 - Mar 17 with 3273 viewsspell_chekker

Fans Forum 27th March on 17:34 - Mar 17 by janegallagher

Not used to that on here 😱

Controversial and I might regret it but here goes.

I'm starting to dislike more and more this fan representation thing.

The poster TAM was supposed to have an observational role on the board. This clearly isn't the case.

He was obviously the best man for the job but he has one weakness - his acquaintances who will take advantage of him and jam their legs in the door.

Perhaps it was for the benefit of the club and a coincidence but one of his friends was helping out with corporate matchday bookings.

On the Seasiders' Podcast he talked about another of his friends dropping by or popping in to Bloomfield Road and giving data off his mobile to a club employee. Perhaps the unnamed friend's help was for the benefit of the club but the scenario's a joke isn't it?

Rowley is back. Well known that the gang struck up a relationship with him.

Nobody dares to say NO to the Muckers or Tangerine Nights. They're top notch for a jolly boy's laugh and drink.

It hasn't gone too far yet but if it continues there will be criticism of plas getting preferential treatment and BFC being a jolly boys' playground.

Fans Forum 27th March on 19:39 - Mar 17 with 3267 viewsjanegallagher

Fans Forum 27th March on 19:10 - Mar 17 by spell_chekker

The poster TAM was supposed to have an observational role on the board. This clearly isn't the case.

He was obviously the best man for the job but he has one weakness - his acquaintances who will take advantage of him and jam their legs in the door.

Perhaps it was for the benefit of the club and a coincidence but one of his friends was helping out with corporate matchday bookings.

On the Seasiders' Podcast he talked about another of his friends dropping by or popping in to Bloomfield Road and giving data off his mobile to a club employee. Perhaps the unnamed friend's help was for the benefit of the club but the scenario's a joke isn't it?

Nobody dares to say NO to the Muckers or Tangerine Nights. They're top notch for a jolly boy's laugh and drink.

It hasn't gone too far yet but if it continues there will be criticism of plas getting preferential treatment and BFC being a jolly boys' playground.

why was the TK set up? It wasn’t a fans group.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Fans Forum 27th March on 19:40 - Mar 17 with 3266 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Fans Forum 27th March on 19:10 - Mar 17 by spell_chekker

Spell

The guy who helped out with corporate on matchday is known as The Stockport One on AVFTT. As there was only about 6 back office staff on the payroll (3 of them cleaners I've been told), it was any help you could get.

I believe they are interviewing for semi/permanent staff this week. The back office side of the club had been run into the ground.

I really think people are presuming TAM has more influence then he has. (Remember it's a non voting role iirc).

In the end it will be up to the new owners who they will employ.

Fans Forum 27th March on 19:45 - Mar 17 with 3262 viewsjanegallagher

Fans Forum 27th March on 19:40 - Mar 17 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Spell

The guy who helped out with corporate on matchday is known as The Stockport One on AVFTT. As there was only about 6 back office staff on the payroll (3 of them cleaners I've been told), it was any help you could get.

I believe they are interviewing for semi/permanent staff this week. The back office side of the club had been run into the ground.

I really think people are presuming TAM has more influence then he has. (Remember it's a non voting role iirc).

Probably somewhere in between. He’ll have insider knowledge when these jobs are coming up and point his friends in the right direction, but that’s what happens in life.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Fans Forum 27th March on 19:52 - Mar 17 with 3260 viewsspell_chekker

Fans Forum 27th March on 19:40 - Mar 17 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Spell

I understand that Red and no doubt Hatton, Bolingbroke, and Currie initiated these things and, as is their job, and TAM observed (as is his).

We'll have to disagree perhaps - I think TAM is impeccable and the right man for the job except for pulled down by his pals.

No fan involvement for me in the future unless it's purely OBSERVATIONAL.

Fans Forum 27th March on 20:17 - Mar 17 with 3254 viewsspell_chekker

Fans Forum 27th March on 19:52 - Mar 17 by spell_chekker

I understand that Red and no doubt Hatton, Bolingbroke, and Currie initiated these things and, as is their job, and TAM observed (as is his).

We'll have to disagree perhaps - I think TAM is impeccable and the right man for the job except for pulled down by his pals.

No fan involvement for me in the future unless it's purely OBSERVATIONAL.

In the Seasiders' Podcast, TAM said he was at BFC all day, every day during the week and he had to make up the time at his own job at the weekend.

That's not observational, it's hands on.

That's great, BFC needs it, but shouldn't Hatton, Bolingbroke, and Currie do that?

If they can't, they need either help or replacing.

Observational means that you go to board meetings, listen, and report back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024