Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Accounts 14:57 - Apr 3 with 10714 viewsandypitt56

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swans-confirm-latest-accounts-1

finally been published
Swans Accounts on 21:21 - Apr 3 with 3028 viewsDarran

Pearlman comes in on £15k a week,takes on loads of extra staff and spends a fortune on a pointless shop in town.
If we’d left Dineen in charge we might be in profit.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans Accounts on 21:30 - Apr 3 with 2994 viewsQJumpingJack

I wonder how much it costs the club in expenses for the Americans every time they visit the UK - flights (business?), hotels etc. It must add up over time.
Swans Accounts on 21:40 - Apr 3 with 2967 viewsjasper_T

Swans Accounts on 21:30 - Apr 3 by QJumpingJack

I wonder how much it costs the club in expenses for the Americans every time they visit the UK - flights (business?), hotels etc. It must add up over time.

I thought they never came over.
Swans Accounts on 21:46 - Apr 3 with 2944 viewsLeonWasGod

Swans Accounts on 18:34 - Apr 3 by Badlands

Pay reportedly

Narsingh, £30,000
Borja, £45,000
Fer,£45,000
Olsson, £33,000
Routledge, £36,000
VDH £15,000
Montero, £30,000
Carroll £35,000
Naughton £32,000
Bony £90,000
Jordan £50,000
Andre £40,000 (ambiguous or £80,000.
Dyer £32,000

Hard to know how much some of the players are really with to he club - are we paying any part of loanee wages, how much will we save by offering deals to he likes of Routledge on significantly lower wages compared with cost of replacing them.
It was obvious to even the most jaded that last night players who showed a different class included Hoorn, Dyer, Rutledge and Naughton.

I’d imagine anyone who is on a contract signed in the PL is going to be too expensive to keep unless they take a significant wage cut. Probably VDH aside if those figures are correct. Probably get away with it this year, bur we can’t pay £30k/w+ to multiple players once the parachute paymentsvdrop off.
Swans Accounts on 22:04 - Apr 3 with 2893 viewsmajorraglan

Pay reportedly

Narsingh, £30,000
Borja, £45,000
Fer,£45,000
Olsson, £33,000
Routledge, £36,000
VDH £15,000
Montero, £30,000
Carroll £35,000
Naughton £32,000
Bony £90,000
Jordan £50,000
Dyer £32,000

Hard to know how much some of the players are really with to he club - are we paying any part of loanee wages, how much will we save by offering deals to he likes of Routledge on significantly lower wages compared with cost of replacing them.
It was obvious to even the most jaded that last night players who showed a different class included Hoorn, Dyer, Rutledge and Naughton.

Based on the figures above, that would mean an annual wage bill of between £26m and £30m depending on Andrew Ayew’s actual salary over the course of 12 months. That’s a great deal of money the club can no longer afford.

The income from the sale of players and reduction in wages will hopefully have secured the long term future of the club, but there is more work to be done. The losses on player transfer is a big impact factor.
Swans Accounts on 22:19 - Apr 3 with 2862 viewsploppy

Pay reportedly

Narsingh, £30,000
Borja, £45,000
Fer,£45,000
Olsson, £33,000
Routledge, £36,000
VDH £15,000
Montero, £30,000
Carroll £35,000
Naughton £32,000
Bony £90,000
Jordan £50,000
Dyer £32,000

If those figures are correct, I'd be well pissed if I was VdH.
Swans Accounts on 23:05 - Apr 3 with 2789 viewsLord_Bony

Let's not forget the team of accountants is paid to reduce the profits on paper as much as they can by claiming maximum outgoings and things we cannot even think of in order to reduce tax liabilities, all perfectly legal.

It may not be as bad as it looks.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swans Accounts on 23:54 - Apr 3 with 2740 viewsdobjack2

Swans Accounts on 21:21 - Apr 3 by Darran

Pearlman comes in on £15k a week,takes on loads of extra staff and spends a fortune on a pointless shop in town.

Sad but possibly true
Login to get fewer ads

Swans Accounts on 12:38 - Apr 4 with 2573 viewsBadlands

Swans Accounts on 21:21 - Apr 3 by Darran

Increased commercial revenue by £2.6 million (31%) at a time we were not the mis marketable team in he league.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swans Accounts on 12:47 - Apr 4 with 2554 viewsLeonWasGod

Swans Accounts on 23:05 - Apr 3 by Lord_Bony

Let's not forget the team of accountants is paid to reduce the profits on paper as much as they can by claiming maximum outgoings and things we cannot even think of in order to reduce tax liabilities, all perfectly legal.

It may not be as bad as it looks.

And it doesn't look too bad. Certainly nowhere near the scare stories you read on here. It's business as usual - running the club within its means. A challenge to carry on doing that, but we've shifted loads of wages off the books this season (by far the biggest expense). Where we'll struggle this year is in not selling players for good fees.
Swans Accounts on 13:21 - Apr 4 with 2489 viewsvalleyboy

Swans Accounts on 12:47 - Apr 4 by LeonWasGod

And it doesn't look too bad. Certainly nowhere near the scare stories you read on here. It's business as usual - running the club within its means. A challenge to carry on doing that, but we've shifted loads of wages off the books this season (by far the biggest expense). Where we'll struggle this year is in not selling players for good fees.

I suggest you wait until the year end results are up in Company House before saying it’s not too bad
Swans Accounts on 13:54 - Apr 4 with 2424 viewsLeonWasGod

Swans Accounts on 13:21 - Apr 4 by valleyboy

I suggest you wait until the year end results are up in Company House before saying it’s not too bad

I can't see them submitting a set of accounts that's much different to the headlines they've reported on the website.
Swans Accounts on 13:59 - Apr 4 with 2413 viewsJJJack

Swans Accounts on 15:39 - Apr 3 by LeonWasGod

Don’t you just hate it when reality kills a good conspiracy?

WTF?
These figures are up til July 2018. The losses/debt would have accrued since then (in the main) as a result of relegation/massive drop in TV money.
Swans Accounts on 14:05 - Apr 4 with 2400 viewsfelixstowe_jack

There also the transfer fees for players sold most of which were in August after the accounts were finalised, should be about £20 million.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swans Accounts on 14:15 - Apr 4 with 2386 viewsTom1912

Swans Accounts on 12:47 - Apr 4 by LeonWasGod

Way too early to be concluding that.

We need to see what the debt levels look like. The loss is irrelevant, especially as these are for the 17-18 season. The 18-19 season is where we need to really understand the impact of the loss.
Swans Accounts on 14:28 - Apr 4 with 2361 viewshobo

Swans Accounts on 14:15 - Apr 4 by Tom1912

Way too early to be concluding that.

We need to see what the debt levels look like. The loss is irrelevant, especially as these are for the 17-18 season. The 18-19 season is where we need to really understand the impact of the loss.

Near £40m transfer profit. Wages dropped massively. £40m parachute money. The accounts should be pretty healthy.
Swans Accounts on 14:32 - Apr 4 with 2357 viewsTom1912

Swans Accounts on 14:28 - Apr 4 by hobo

Near £40m transfer profit. Wages dropped massively. £40m parachute money. The accounts should be pretty healthy.

I'm not convinced wages have dropped by nearly enough to match the drop in revenue.

I don't believe there is £40m transfer profit either once historic debts have been settled.

But we'll see.
Swans Accounts on 16:56 - Apr 4 with 2238 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The accusation that the ownews are taking money out of the club to line their and the hedge fund members, pockets seems to proven wrong. No dividends paid out. If they had taken large amounts out of the club would expect a far bigger loss.

Seems all those who boycotted the FA cup games and hospitality bars have only led to more people than necessary getting redundancy.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swans Accounts on 09:26 - Apr 5 with 1888 viewsdobjack2

Swans Accounts on 16:56 - Apr 4 by felixstowe_jack

The accusation that the ownews are taking money out of the club to line their and the hedge fund members, pockets seems to proven wrong. No dividends paid out. If they had taken large amounts out of the club would expect a far bigger loss.

Seems all those who boycotted the FA cup games and hospitality bars have only led to more people than necessary getting redundancy.

As to the first part, agree there has been no evidence provided to support the theory that the owners are taking money out of the club and into their pockets.

As to the second part, the reason we are in a mess with potential redundancies is not because a few people have stayed away from a game or have not spent money on hospitality but because of poor financial management and player acquisition. Having owners who didn’t understand what was going on or seem interested enough in the club to care contributed.

We were paying way over the top in transfer fees and giving contracts out that were clearly unsustainable. There also seemed little logic in some of our signings especially for the fees we paid. As a result there is a financial hole on relegation, Job losses follow because of that, a few fans staying away from a FA Cup game will not affect what is coming. Your attempt to blame fans for additional job losses is frankly appalling.

The person who presided over this mess has left. He has been well rewarded but His legacy is still with us.
Swans Accounts on 21:15 - Apr 5 with 1742 viewsBadlands

Swans Accounts on 14:32 - Apr 4 by Tom1912

I'm not convinced wages have dropped by nearly enough to match the drop in revenue.

I don't believe there is £40m transfer profit either once historic debts have been settled.

But we'll see.

Even bald figures don't show £40 million profit on sales, nearer £32 million - still healthy but as you point out historic debts on players who brought in no where near what we paid for them, the impending loss of players at end of contract (no income), part payment of wages on loans out and picking up expensive player wages between the end of their loan spells and leaving (in whatever circumstances0 will whittle that figure down significantly.

Swans Accounts on 21:24 - Apr 5 with 1722 viewsvalleyboy

Swans Accounts on 21:15 - Apr 5 by Badlands

Even bald figures don't show £40 million profit on sales, nearer £32 million - still healthy but as you point out historic debts on players who brought in no where near what we paid for them, the impending loss of players at end of contract (no income), part payment of wages on loans out and picking up expensive player wages between the end of their loan spells and leaving (in whatever circumstances0 will whittle that figure down significantly.

If the accounts are not so bad as some posters think that they are

Then there’s two questions

Why isn’t the accounts up in Company House so everyone could see the final detail

And the second

Why was a person like Birch and with all his baggage brought in as Chairman
Swans Accounts on 21:29 - Apr 5 with 1717 viewsBadlands

Swans Accounts on 21:24 - Apr 5 by valleyboy

If the accounts are not so bad as some posters think that they are

Then there’s two questions

Why isn’t the accounts up in Company House so everyone could see the final detail

And the second

Why was a person like Birch and with all his baggage brought in as Chairman

I don't know.
or do you or the 'some posters '.
The accounts to 2018 won't include any of the fall out from relegation.
As I see it Birch is coming in before the fan is switched on to reduce he risk of a sh**storm'.

Swans Accounts on 21:39 - Apr 5 with 1703 viewsvalleyboy

Swans Accounts on 21:29 - Apr 5 by Badlands

I don't know.
or do you or the 'some posters '.
The accounts to 2018 won't include any of the fall out from relegation.
As I see it Birch is coming in before the fan is switched on to reduce he risk of a sh**storm'.

Yes exactly

And if you believe what icwales said today, that income fell by £70 million and not what Pearlman said that it fell by £60 million after relegation from the Premier League

It’s inevitable that a massive shake up will happen. As no business can survive that amount of loss in revenue without drastic cutbacks
Swans Accounts on 23:02 - Apr 5 with 1632 viewsGaryjack

Swans Accounts on 22:19 - Apr 3 by ploppy

If those figures are correct, I'd be well pissed if I was VdH.

They are not correct. Those figures were from 12 months ago when we were in the Premier league. Virtually all of them apart from Bony and Andre Ayew had relegation clauses in their contracts.
Swans Accounts on 23:40 - Apr 5 with 1594 viewsvalleyboy

Swans Accounts on 23:02 - Apr 5 by Garyjack

They are not correct. Those figures were from 12 months ago when we were in the Premier league. Virtually all of them apart from Bony and Andre Ayew had relegation clauses in their contracts.

If you think that only Bony and A Ayew had relegation clauses in their contracts,
. Then you are another that lives in cloud cuckoo land
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024