Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) 13:03 - Jun 7 with 72513 viewsgandhiaber

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 23:27 - Jun 12 with 3461 viewsKilkennyjack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 23:02 - Jun 12 by jasper_T

You think Toshack and Richards haven't been doing opposition research in years of PL2 and international cup competition?

Richards has zero contacts.

Beware of the Risen People

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 00:07 - Jun 13 with 3363 viewstheloneranger

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 23:27 - Jun 12 by Kilkennyjack

Richards has zero contacts.

He knows lots of peoples addresses. 😎

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 00:11 - Jun 13 with 3350 viewsTNT

He can put his own stamp on things.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 00:38 - Jun 13 with 3297 viewshuwrichards57

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:18 - Jun 12 by Jack11

Interesting about where this leaves Toshack now. It must be a bit of a kick in the teeth for him so he probably wants out. Yes Cooper has enjoyed greater success but in a lower age group, so they have similar credentials overall. If we wanted an academy manager to coach the first team, why didn’t we just promote the one we have? The one who knows the club, players and set up.

Cooper most likely had a much more convincing, organised plan and vision. There are numerous, clear things that could differentiate the two despite the fact they've both worked with the younger ones.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 05:34 - Jun 13 with 3189 viewsSwanseaman

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 23:02 - Jun 12 by jasper_T

You think Toshack and Richards haven't been doing opposition research in years of PL2 and international cup competition?

There would be a lot more chance of Cooper attracting loan signings of talented youngsters he has worked with and knows well that toshack could attract. Clubs want to further their players progress and sending them to swansea will become a great option with Cooper here.

I would be very surprised if we appoint Cooper and we don't end up bringing in our own youngster purchases and some talented loan signings.

I don't think the yanks have any an agenda to ruin us, they have brought in birch to sort out the mess Jenkins left - the better we are being run, the more we are worth to the yanks.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 05:39 - Jun 13 with 3186 viewsSwanseaman

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:12 - Jun 12 by jack2jack

Any idea what the hold up is?
Contracts, holidays!

Could be contract details, confirmation of Marsh and the other backroom staff he will be bringing with him, just sorting out the contract details.

Worst case is that Cooper wants to have a definite amount of moneys available for new player purchases, and the yanks are messing him about.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 06:29 - Jun 13 with 3138 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 05:39 - Jun 13 by Swanseaman

Could be contract details, confirmation of Marsh and the other backroom staff he will be bringing with him, just sorting out the contract details.

Worst case is that Cooper wants to have a definite amount of moneys available for new player purchases, and the yanks are messing him about.

If there’s any real hold up it will be concerning money available. If this breaks down for those reasons not many will fancy the job.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 08:56 - Jun 13 with 2923 viewsymaohyd

Would have thought there will be an announcement today or tomorrow......if things are in place.

The news yesterday would have been centered around Dan James, so understand that they may have wanted to have waited etc to focus on the appointment.

A massive however, however, inexcusable if he isn't announced before the week is out.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 09:05 - Jun 13 with 2905 viewsWarwickHunt

Probably waiting for the jelly and blancmange to arrive for the celebration party.

Dineen’s been booked as the clown.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 09:15 - Jun 13 with 2870 viewssainthelens

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 06:29 - Jun 13 by Brynmill_Jack

If there’s any real hold up it will be concerning money available. If this breaks down for those reasons not many will fancy the job.

His old man is objecting to the inevitable photo of his son holding up a Swans scarf.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 09:35 - Jun 13 with 2803 viewsbermudajack

Surely hiring This guy and then hoping he brings in young talent from elsewhere is totally missing the point in why we are hiring him in the first place?
I can see he may pinpoint some young available talent for our u23’s
His track record indicates he develops young talent from within, from the youth up with a fixed playing style and football philosophy, if we wanted a coach with links to other clubs and potential loans then we are hiring the wrong guy. (And after last years disastrous loans)
Personally from what I’ve read of Birches comments, he’s going to be a Head coach, with a team around him responsible for player recruitment etc.
His biggest and most important partner in this set up will be with Cameron Toshack or whoever is in charge of the U23’s 🤔

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 09:39 - Jun 13 with 2785 views34dfgdf54

Rumours going around on twitter that Monk has been sacked/left Birmingham....

Spanner in the works?
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:03 - Jun 13 with 2705 viewsWarwickHunt

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 09:39 - Jun 13 by 34dfgdf54

Spanner in the works?

He’s certainly a fûcking spanner.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:03 - Jun 13 with 2704 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Spanner in the works?

oh god, please no!!!

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:04 - Jun 13 with 2698 viewsSwanseaman

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 08:56 - Jun 13 by ymaohyd

Would have thought there will be an announcement today or tomorrow......if things are in place.

The news yesterday would have been centered around Dan James, so understand that they may have wanted to have waited etc to focus on the appointment.

A massive however, however, inexcusable if he isn't announced before the week is out.

That makes sense.

The 24hr news coincided with the Welsh game, yesterday with Dan James, so it may be today.

If it drags on, could be due to problems agreeing terms?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:08 - Jun 13 with 2677 viewssainthelens

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:03 - Jun 13 by AustinIsOurHero

oh god, please no!!!

Flynn, Monk..Cooper.
Snog, marry..avoid ??
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:12 - Jun 13 with 2661 viewsjack247

Spanner in the works?

Can’t see it. No connection to the current owners and if the mandate involves playing style, as Birch repeatedly claims, there’s no way Leon or Curtis will recommend him. Friend or not.

Pretty confident Cooper will happen.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:18 - Jun 13 with 2630 viewsBadlands

Spanner in the works?

I'd see Cooper to Birmingham as a possible or at least mulling over the idea if they were making enquiries.
I just hope Britton and Curtis don't sell the idea to Birch that Monk would be welcome back.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Could today be the day? on 10:29 - Jun 13 with 2579 viewsSwanseaman

from walesonline:

Could today be the day?

We're expecting Swansea City to announce the appointment of Steve Cooper as their new manager before the week is out, and there could well be some movement today.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-manager-

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:53 - Jun 13 with 2492 viewsSwanseaman

someone on twitter reckons they've been told it's today

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 12:12 - Jun 13 with 2340 viewsBadlands

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:53 - Jun 13 by Swanseaman

someone on twitter reckons they've been told it's today

Sceptics will cite lack of experience - but clearly adept at working with youngsters

Include me in that group.

Bringing on youngsters is only part of the job, what about the experienced players and transfer targets?
2008/9 Southampton had a few has-beens but largely relied on their youth system. Jan Poortvliet had been moderately successful with limited budgets and young squads but was, in January 2009, replaced by youth coach Mark Wotte who relied even more heavily on youth.
They were relegated.
They played lovely football and turned out some great players but they lacked leadership.

If Cooper was taking over the academy it would be a step up.

I want to be proven wrong.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 12:15 - Jun 13 with 2333 viewsGaryjack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 23:11 - Jun 12 by ItchySphincter

Oh dear, looks like you really want to do this .....

Not really, you were just a bit of light entertainment for me before bed.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 12:48 - Jun 13 with 2266 viewsItchySphincter

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 12:15 - Jun 13 by Garyjack

Not really, you were just a bit of light entertainment for me before bed.

Lol.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:02 - Jun 13 with 2212 viewsjack247

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 12:12 - Jun 13 by Badlands

Sceptics will cite lack of experience - but clearly adept at working with youngsters

Bringing on youngsters is only part of the job, what about the experienced players and transfer targets?
2008/9 Southampton had a few has-beens but largely relied on their youth system. Jan Poortvliet had been moderately successful with limited budgets and young squads but was, in January 2009, replaced by youth coach Mark Wotte who relied even more heavily on youth.
They were relegated.
They played lovely football and turned out some great players but they lacked leadership.

Well we haven’t got many experienced players and I can’t see us recruiting many either.

He’s going to be working with a reasonably young squad.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:22 - Jun 13 with 2109 viewsDevz00

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 12:12 - Jun 13 by Badlands

They were relegated.

To be fair, Potter has already done this last season. We were far worse off last summer than we are this summer. The main bulk of last seasons squad is still here and they all bought in to Potter's playing style.

I guess the idea is that we bring in someone with a similar style of play in the hope that the style that has already put in place is continued. There are bound to be slight tweaks but hopefully we continue where we left off last season and we shouldn't go too far wrong.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024