Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Open Letter to Joy Hart 12:23 - Aug 22 with 5726 viewsEGP

Dear Joy,

I watched your impromptu interview on the telly and before it started, I was full of admiration for what I would call a plucky old girl standing up for what she believes in.

With a fair mind, I listened intently to your thoughts and became astonished at your views, assertations and untruths that you spilled out with monotony.

Unfortunately, the immediate audience to which you speak, will choose not to take issue with you, but when it goes out live on the telly, you open up a much wider can of worms, perhaps unwittingly, but open nonetheless.

It goes without saying, that if you speak to a few hundred bury fans the IQ pool is going to be significantly below any normal average.

However, on a National level, you are being listened to by people of far greater intellect and common sense than you would typically expect to meet at Gigg Lane.

Bearing this in mind, I will take issue with a number of things you said or suggested in your two-minute spell in the limelight.

1. bury FC is not a big club. It is certainly not in the same bracket as the Manchester or Liverpool clubs as you suggested. If you graded the 92 clubs from top to bottom, bury would be in the bottom 20, whilst the Manchester and Liverpool clubs would be in the top 10. You shouldn’t come out with nonsense like this because some bury fans are so thick they will believe you, and therefore will adopt an even bigger swagger. You are misleading your public.

2. The town of bury will not die if bury FC goes bust. On the contrary, it will most likely do better as a local economy. Whilst the football club currently owes £115,195 to Bury MBC (and £148,533 to Trafford MBC), the local council has less money to invest in local services and local employment. This is bad for the town.

You claim that if the club dies, local businesses will be out of pocket as a consequence. Notwithstanding the scores of local businesses who are already out of pocket due to the club not paying its bills, the amount of money that actually goes into the wider town on matchdays is negligible.

Most, if not all monies spent will be taxed, with that money going to central government (eg alcohol duty). The knock-on benefits to the town from 500 visiting fans is tangible as 95% of their total spend will be in transport costs and costs at the stadium, none of which currently filter their way through in wages to staff or taxes to Bury MBC.

If you are going to fight bury’s plight on economic grounds, you need a brain, a business sense, and an emotional blackout on your football club.

Even if you had all three, you’d still lose the argument. Indeed, turning your argument around, if bury FC didn’t exist, just think how much more money bury fans would have to spend locally in businesses which do pay their way.

3. The plea to other clubs, who in your words are the same size as bury, to bail you out is laughable. Why should they? And why should bury be the sole recipient of charity in League One? If City give your club £1m then surely, to be fair, they should give the other 23 clubs £1m also?

4. Your protest was sadly marred by a Neanderthal attacking a door. Clearly this individual should have been left in the kiln 30 minutes longer before birth, perhaps even as long as an hour.

Whilst unconnected to you, it seemed his gripe was with your current owner not paying club staff and also with club staff who still choose to work for the club.

Given his difficulty in stringing a few words together, I might be wrong on that, but if I’m right, can you answer me this? What is the difference between bury FC not paying players for services rendered and not paying small businesses for services rendered?

Had the Neanderthal been from the Bolton and Bury Lads and Girls Club demanding his £2,100 they are owed, would you have been on his side? Most right-minded people would have been if you’re not sure.

5. Why do you and several other bury fans think that the world revolves around your club? It doesn’t. You are not a victim. You and the aggrieved fans are a consequence of doing fook all when it was blindingly obvious six years ago that bury FC was on its way to the wall on your watch.

There’s a very long thread on this messageboard which acts as a running commentary to the slippery slide into oblivion that your club has been journeying towards for many years. Given the evidence presented to bury fans over the last six years here and elsewhere, I have one really simple question for you.

WHERE WERE YOU AND YOUR HANDCUFFS FIVE YEARS AGO?

And whilst we’re at it, where was Neanderthal man? Where were the protesters? Where was Kenny? Where were all the stomach-churning sob stories who suddenly pop up like rats in a shit tip pleading innocence and mercy?

We’ve tried to help. We’ve tried to instil humility and responsibility into you and your club. We’ve played Devil’s Advocate, and yes, we’ve taken the piss at times and had a good laugh at your expense. As you have with us.

But, take off the bitter myopic glasses, look around and what do you see?

(I hope to God the answer isn’t a car-park).

They write themselves!

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:29 - Aug 22 with 4165 viewsdingdangblue

At least she got free pizza and a can of John Smith's.

Fookin result!

[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 12:32]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Open Letter to Joy Hart on 12:30 - Aug 22 with 4160 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Great post EGP. Suggest you send a copy to Henry Winter (journalist) who is apparently outside Giggle at the mo.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 12:38]
Open Letter to Joy Hart on 12:34 - Aug 22 with 4116 viewselectricblue

Brilliantly written..

Hope you dont mind if i copied and tasted the letter to a Bury mate..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Open Letter to Joy Hart on 12:37 - Aug 22 with 4081 viewsfinberty

Great post EGP.

I'm not an expert, but it might be quite tricky eating a boxed pizza with one hand manacled.

Has she had much practice?
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:41 - Aug 22 with 4055 viewsDaleiLama

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:29 - Aug 22 by dingdangblue

Fookin result!

Supping John Smiths from the can too, with the biggest tray of condiments you ever saw and a box of chocolate muffins. I'm going to chain myself to Spotland if I get that sort of service. £3.50 for a pie? Pfffft.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Open Letter to Joy Hart on 12:54 - Aug 22 with 3977 viewsParkinsGimp

Brilliant and hope that the mong Henry Winter wises up to this pathetic club and its lies.
A whole club built on lies and carparks.
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:59 - Aug 22 with 3940 viewsSuddenLad

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:41 - Aug 22 by DaleiLama

Supping John Smiths from the can too, with the biggest tray of condiments you ever saw and a box of chocolate muffins. I'm going to chain myself to Spotland if I get that sort of service. £3.50 for a pie? Pfffft.

Don't forget your flask......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:03 - Aug 22 with 3906 viewsDaleiLama

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:59 - Aug 22 by SuddenLad

I'll upgrade to a hip flask if it's going to be an overnight jobby!

Login to get fewer ads

Open Letter to Joy Hart on 13:03 - Aug 22 with 3905 viewsMolly

Open Letter to Joy Hart on 12:34 - Aug 22 by electricblue

Brilliantly written..

Hope you dont mind if i copied and tasted the letter to a Bury mate..

What did the letter taste of?
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:04 - Aug 22 with 3877 viewsrkershaw

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:59 - Aug 22 by SuddenLad

I'm gonna have you done for plagiarism!!👍🏻🤪
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 13:10]
Open Letter to Joy Hart on 13:05 - Aug 22 with 3889 viewsDaleiLama

Open Letter to Joy Hart on 13:03 - Aug 22 by Molly

It as a funny taste.

Open Letter to Joy Hart on 13:08 - Aug 22 with 3863 viewsKenBoon

Open Letter to Joy Hart on 12:54 - Aug 22 by ParkinsGimp

Brilliant and hope that the mong Henry Winter wises up to this pathetic club and its lies.
A whole club built on lies and carparks.

There is content to be written, clicks to be had, and sometimes the unfortunate facts are harder to type/sell than the story the people want to hear, especially when they are on their death bed. The fact some articles even mention their overspending suggests the victim narrative won't age well.
Open Letter to Joy Hart on 13:13 - Aug 22 with 3823 viewskel

Open Letter to Joy Hart on 13:03 - Aug 22 by Molly

Aribos
Open Letter to Joy Hart on 13:15 - Aug 22 with 3795 viewsDaleiLama

Open Letter to Joy Hart on 13:13 - Aug 22 by kel

Aribos

Aero?

Open Letter to Joy Hart (n/t) on 14:13 - Aug 22 with 3595 viewsD_Alien

Open Letter to Joy Hart on 13:15 - Aug 22 by DaleiLama

Aero?

Hips obviously!

Soz, was thinking of your flask...
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 15:18]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Open Letter to Joy Hart on 15:16 - Aug 22 with 3447 viewsDaleiLama

Open Letter to Joy Hart (n/t) on 14:13 - Aug 22 by D_Alien

Hips obviously!

Soz, was thinking of your flask...
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 15:18]

Ip!

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:28 - Aug 22 with 3152 viewscw1

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:29 - Aug 22 by dingdangblue

Fookin result!

Bury thread.
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:31 - Aug 22 with 3131 viewsD_Alien

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:28 - Aug 22 by cw1

Bury thread.

You're hanging yourself by every thread

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Open Letter to Joy Hart on 21:39 - Aug 22 with 3095 viewsjudd

Fookin hell EGP, have a hart!

Poll: What is it to be then?

Open Letter to Joy Hart on 21:59 - Aug 22 with 3039 viewscw1

Open Letter to Joy Hart on 21:39 - Aug 22 by judd

Fookin hell EGP, have a hart!

Insulting a female. Been brought up to respect them. All you lot wont have any kind of standards. PATHETIC.
Open Letter to Joy Hart on 22:05 - Aug 22 with 3015 viewsJumeirahDale

Open Letter to Joy Hart on 21:59 - Aug 22 by cw1

Insulting a female. Been brought up to respect them. All you lot wont have any kind of standards. PATHETIC.

And your way of respecting them was presumably never going near one?
Open Letter to Joy Hart on 22:05 - Aug 22 with 3014 viewsFondles

Open Letter to Joy Hart on 21:59 - Aug 22 by cw1

Is that what it is?
Open Letter to Joy Hart on 22:08 - Aug 22 with 2999 viewsDaleiLama

Open Letter to Joy Hart on 22:05 - Aug 22 by JumeirahDale

And your way of respecting them was presumably never going near one?

He's a right tit, so technically he's part of one?

Open Letter to Joy Hart on 01:01 - Aug 27 with 2551 viewsShakerbhoy

Fcuk me what a boring life you lead,far too much time on your hands,you must be a real joy for your spouse...or cousin.
Open Letter to Joy Hart on 02:33 - Aug 27 with 2503 viewsdownunder

Since reading this, I cannot stop Beethoven's 9th Symphony being "on a loop" in my head.
Must be the O/P that has triggered it.
Anything happening today in the UK?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024