Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
December election 20:31 - Oct 29 with 1604 viewsLala

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/oct/29/brexi

Christmas election it is then.

Interesting times.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

December election on 08:15 - Nov 7 with 355 viewsspell_chekker

The Conservatives are way out in front according to the opinion polls.

They can't be said to have done a good job since they got elected about 10 years ago so is this a reflection on the opposition parties, the British public, or something else?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49798197
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 8:15]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

December election on 10:16 - Nov 7 with 346 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 08:15 - Nov 7 by spell_chekker

The Conservatives are way out in front according to the opinion polls.

They can't be said to have done a good job since they got elected about 10 years ago so is this a reflection on the opposition parties, the British public, or something else?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49798197
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 8:15]

+/- 4% accuracy on that poll of polls, which is a wide margin of error. I'd guess at 10% Tory lead at the moment, maybe. But the polls have a shocking record over the past decade.

Opposition parties votes are split just as the Tories seem to be recovering support that drained away to the Brexit Party. That could change really quickly if Farage lands a blow, or if Johnson puts both feet in it again.

Labour's main problem is JC is really a protest single issue type of leader (not a leader of an opposition party imo) added to the fact that the press (Telegraph, Mail and Express mainly) hate his guts.

Lib Dems problems are first past the post system, a poor leader in Swinson, and the fact they are still saddled with being in coalition with the Tories from 2010-15.

Think also the fact we've only had majority one party Government for about 2 years in the last 10 also helps the Tories. Somehow we seem to have turned into Italy.

Going to be a long 5 weeks that'll get very dirty. Still can't believe the Stalin comment in the Telegraph, only day 1 of the campaign ffs.

Still say if people forgot parties and just voted for the local candidate that best represented you, we could have avoided all this chaos, even though most of it has been fun for me.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

December election on 13:18 - Nov 7 with 332 viewsROTTWEILERS

December election on 10:16 - Nov 7 by BringBackTheRedRoom

+/- 4% accuracy on that poll of polls, which is a wide margin of error. I'd guess at 10% Tory lead at the moment, maybe. But the polls have a shocking record over the past decade.

Opposition parties votes are split just as the Tories seem to be recovering support that drained away to the Brexit Party. That could change really quickly if Farage lands a blow, or if Johnson puts both feet in it again.

Labour's main problem is JC is really a protest single issue type of leader (not a leader of an opposition party imo) added to the fact that the press (Telegraph, Mail and Express mainly) hate his guts.

Lib Dems problems are first past the post system, a poor leader in Swinson, and the fact they are still saddled with being in coalition with the Tories from 2010-15.

Think also the fact we've only had majority one party Government for about 2 years in the last 10 also helps the Tories. Somehow we seem to have turned into Italy.

Going to be a long 5 weeks that'll get very dirty. Still can't believe the Stalin comment in the Telegraph, only day 1 of the campaign ffs.

Still say if people forgot parties and just voted for the local candidate that best represented you, we could have avoided all this chaos, even though most of it has been fun for me.

When is wealth redistribution not wealth redistribution?

When it is one area of the country growing at a faster rate than everywhere else. Or Boris "levelling up" the north (file alongside the Northern Powerhouse).

How JC struggles to make political capital in the current climate, is a mystery. He is rubbish.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

December election on 20:30 - Nov 7 with 324 viewsImperial

December election on 13:18 - Nov 7 by ROTTWEILERS

When is wealth redistribution not wealth redistribution?

When it is one area of the country growing at a faster rate than everywhere else. Or Boris "levelling up" the north (file alongside the Northern Powerhouse).

How JC struggles to make political capital in the current climate, is a mystery. He is rubbish.

Do the Monster Raving Looney Party still exist?

They may be the only sane choice in this election.
December election on 20:50 - Nov 7 with 319 viewsspudgun

December election on 20:30 - Nov 7 by Imperial

Do the Monster Raving Looney Party still exist?

They may be the only sane choice in this election.

Didn’t they rebrand as the Brexit party, Imp?
December election on 11:40 - Nov 8 with 302 viewsImperial

December election on 20:50 - Nov 7 by spudgun

Didn’t they rebrand as the Brexit party, Imp?

That's them out then. It will have to be the Yorkshire Party.
December election on 13:23 - Nov 11 with 280 viewsROTTWEILERS

December election on 11:40 - Nov 8 by Imperial

That's them out then. It will have to be the Yorkshire Party.

Farage is now standing down 300+ candidates. In theory, that should mean a clear Tory victory. I don't expect JC to be capable of successfully highlighting the blatant collusion at play or have the nous to spin this out in Labour's favour.

December election on 13:45 - Nov 11 with 278 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

December election on 13:23 - Nov 11 by ROTTWEILERS

Farage is now standing down 300+ candidates. In theory, that should mean a clear Tory victory. I don't expect JC to be capable of successfully highlighting the blatant collusion at play or have the nous to spin this out in Labour's favour.

Rott

I think it is less about collusion and more about Brexit being very short of money and people who they dare put in the public eye.

He has had his bluff called from last weak, and folded pretty quickly, in my view. albeit in a more clever way than I might have given him credit for.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Login to get fewer ads

December election on 14:15 - Nov 11 with 273 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 13:45 - Nov 11 by basilrobbiereborn

Rott

I think it is less about collusion and more about Brexit being very short of money and people who they dare put in the public eye.

He has had his bluff called from last weak, and folded pretty quickly, in my view. albeit in a more clever way than I might have given him credit for.

Think you'll find down the line some sort of informal deal has been done. Been enough Ministers in the past week refusing to rule out or dodging the question about a no deal at the end of 2020.

Notice Trump is over here a week or so before the GE. No chance of that Russia report being published then.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

December election on 19:34 - Nov 11 with 251 viewsspudgun

December election on 14:15 - Nov 11 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Think you'll find down the line some sort of informal deal has been done. Been enough Ministers in the past week refusing to rule out or dodging the question about a no deal at the end of 2020.

Notice Trump is over here a week or so before the GE. No chance of that Russia report being published then.

Last week Farage said he would stand in 600 seats, yet this week he is only standing in 300 or so. But he isn`t refunding the £100 to the candidates who have been misled by him.

And the ladder he climbed down is that Johnson promised yesterday that Britain would definitely leave the EU in 2020. So he trusts him again (having not trusted him last week).

So now he is encouraging people to vote Conservative (in the areas he is not fielding candidates) for a Brexit that he did not believe in last week, but does this week.

Have I got that right?

Eddie Mair nailed him good on LBC tonight...
[Post edited 11 Nov 2019 19:43]
December election on 19:41 - Nov 11 with 248 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 19:34 - Nov 11 by spudgun

Last week Farage said he would stand in 600 seats, yet this week he is only standing in 300 or so. But he isn`t refunding the £100 to the candidates who have been misled by him.

And the ladder he climbed down is that Johnson promised yesterday that Britain would definitely leave the EU in 2020. So he trusts him again (having not trusted him last week).

So now he is encouraging people to vote Conservative (in the areas he is not fielding candidates) for a Brexit that he did not believe in last week, but does this week.

Have I got that right?

Eddie Mair nailed him good on LBC tonight...
[Post edited 11 Nov 2019 19:43]

Expect knighthood and/or title of Trade Ambassador when he goes off to the USA. (Think Prince Andrew had a similar role given him iirc).

He'll make Fox News even more watchable.....

[Post edited 11 Nov 2019 19:42]

December election on 20:49 - Nov 11 with 232 viewsLala

December election on 19:41 - Nov 11 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Expect knighthood and/or title of Trade Ambassador when he goes off to the USA. (Think Prince Andrew had a similar role given him iirc).

He'll make Fox News even more watchable.....

[Post edited 11 Nov 2019 19:42]

Constantly changing goal posts.

I do think it makes a Tory win more likely. I just can’t see JC getting sufficient support to get in on the act as Rotty says.

Alan Sugar certainly not a fan.

December election on 21:19 - Nov 11 with 230 viewsjanegallagher

December election on 20:49 - Nov 11 by Lala

Constantly changing goal posts.

I do think it makes a Tory win more likely. I just can’t see JC getting sufficient support to get in on the act as Rotty says.

Alan Sugar certainly not a fan.

It all makes my head hurt. Worrying times

We’ve got Simon Sadler

December election on 21:22 - Nov 11 with 229 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 21:19 - Nov 11 by janegallagher

It all makes my head hurt. Worrying times

"Looks smug"

A a Brexit Party spokesperson has confirmed that the European Research Group - made up of Conservative Brexiteers - have been in talks with their party over recent days, according to BBC Newsnight.

December election on 21:24 - Nov 11 with 226 viewsLala

December election on 21:22 - Nov 11 by BringBackTheRedRoom

"Looks smug"

A a Brexit Party spokesperson has confirmed that the European Research Group - made up of Conservative Brexiteers - have been in talks with their party over recent days, according to BBC Newsnight.

That doesn’t surprise me. I think some kind of negotiations, plus the Brexit Party’s lack of funding are definitely key issues leading to today’s change.

December election on 08:27 - Nov 12 with 217 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 21:24 - Nov 11 by Lala

That doesn’t surprise me. I think some kind of negotiations, plus the Brexit Party’s lack of funding are definitely key issues leading to today’s change.

A bit more from Nigel Farage, who denies his decision-making has been influenced by the US President.

The Brexit Party leader says his reaction to the claim that Donald Trump is "pulling the strings" - a favourite attack line from Labour, the SNP and others - is to "laugh".

It's a "wild conspiracy theory", he adds.

But he says he has been offered a peerage or a safe Conservative seat by "someone close to Downing Street" several times since 2005. The Conservatives have denied this claim.

He says he is not in politics for "rank, title or position", but the Conservative refusal to support the Brexit Party in Labour areas shows they "care more about themselves that they do about Brexit or the country".

Then you have "Crooked Hillary"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50382668

You just know The Donald is going to tweet something later today as well

December election on 19:03 - Nov 12 with 208 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 08:27 - Nov 12 by BringBackTheRedRoom

A bit more from Nigel Farage, who denies his decision-making has been influenced by the US President.

The Brexit Party leader says his reaction to the claim that Donald Trump is "pulling the strings" - a favourite attack line from Labour, the SNP and others - is to "laugh".

It's a "wild conspiracy theory", he adds.

But he says he has been offered a peerage or a safe Conservative seat by "someone close to Downing Street" several times since 2005. The Conservatives have denied this claim.

He says he is not in politics for "rank, title or position", but the Conservative refusal to support the Brexit Party in Labour areas shows they "care more about themselves that they do about Brexit or the country".

Then you have "Crooked Hillary"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50382668

You just know The Donald is going to tweet something later today as well

The Labour party and its leader Jeremy Corbyn visited Blackpool yesterday to launch the party’s education pledges in the resort.

Joined by shadow education secretary Angela Rayner, Mr Corbyn spoke at Blackpool FC’s Bloomfield Road stadium addressing a packed audience with national media in attendance.

Focusing on education, ahead of the general election next month, Mrs Rayner said Labour will “throw open the door” for adults to study, “whether they want to change career, are made redundant or didn’t get the qualifications they needed when they were younger.”

Labour’s commitment to lifelong learning is part of its plans for a National Education Service, which will provide ‘cradle-to-grave’ learning that is free at the point of use.

She said: “For many, adult education is too expensive, too time-consuming or too difficult to get into.

“People have been held back for too long. We will make free education a right to ensure we have the skills we need to allow our economy to rise to the opportunities of the future."

In response to The Gazette’s Power Up The North campaign which launched last week, Mr Corbyn said: “I recognise the North-South divide is wide and getting wider. The levels of infrastructure, transport and investment in London and the South East are massive compared to the North East and the North West.

“And so we will do a number of things, one of them will be to develop a national investment bank which will invest in major infrastructure project across the whole country.”

Both Mr Corbyn and Mrs Rayner have backed the town’s two Labour candidates, Gordon Marsden for Blackpool South and Chris Webb for Blackpool North and Cleveleys.

Mr Corbyn said: “You’ve got Gordon and Chris here. They’re standing on a manifesto which will bring good jobs, which will bring investment to Blackpool and which will improve the living standards of people in Blackpool by ending Universal Credit, by rent regulation and above all conditioned regulation on the private rented sector which is such a huge problem all across Blackpool.”

Shortly after speaking at Bloomfield Road, Mr Corbyn and Mrs Rayner made their way to St John’s Square on the Labour campaign bus.

Mr Corbyn said: “In winning the election we’re going to do it for the people of the country to bring about a fairer more just socirty and bring investment to places that have seen almost nothing since the 1980s where so much of our industry was destroyed and I’m so proud of our candidates here in Blackpool, Chris and Gordon for the work they do and Gordon for the fantastic way he has represented this town.”

Mr Corbyn also warned a cyber attack on Labour’s digital platforms could be a “sign of things to come” in the General Election.

The Labour leader said the timing of the attack - which slowed some of the party’s campaign activities - was “suspicious” and had made him “nervous” about what might happen in the rest of the campaign.

The so-called “distributed denial-of-service” (DDoS) attack, which took place on Monday, was described by the party as “sophisticated and large-scale”.

However, a source at the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC), which is investigating the incident, said it was relatively “low level” with no evidence of “state-sponsored activity”.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/politics/jeremy-corbyn-s-blackpool-visit

Cause a few people on social media to go into full scale meltdown.

December election on 17:00 - Nov 13 with 189 viewsImperial

December election on 19:03 - Nov 12 by BringBackTheRedRoom

The Labour party and its leader Jeremy Corbyn visited Blackpool yesterday to launch the party’s education pledges in the resort.

Joined by shadow education secretary Angela Rayner, Mr Corbyn spoke at Blackpool FC’s Bloomfield Road stadium addressing a packed audience with national media in attendance.

Focusing on education, ahead of the general election next month, Mrs Rayner said Labour will “throw open the door” for adults to study, “whether they want to change career, are made redundant or didn’t get the qualifications they needed when they were younger.”

Labour’s commitment to lifelong learning is part of its plans for a National Education Service, which will provide ‘cradle-to-grave’ learning that is free at the point of use.

She said: “For many, adult education is too expensive, too time-consuming or too difficult to get into.

“People have been held back for too long. We will make free education a right to ensure we have the skills we need to allow our economy to rise to the opportunities of the future."

In response to The Gazette’s Power Up The North campaign which launched last week, Mr Corbyn said: “I recognise the North-South divide is wide and getting wider. The levels of infrastructure, transport and investment in London and the South East are massive compared to the North East and the North West.

“And so we will do a number of things, one of them will be to develop a national investment bank which will invest in major infrastructure project across the whole country.”

Both Mr Corbyn and Mrs Rayner have backed the town’s two Labour candidates, Gordon Marsden for Blackpool South and Chris Webb for Blackpool North and Cleveleys.

Mr Corbyn said: “You’ve got Gordon and Chris here. They’re standing on a manifesto which will bring good jobs, which will bring investment to Blackpool and which will improve the living standards of people in Blackpool by ending Universal Credit, by rent regulation and above all conditioned regulation on the private rented sector which is such a huge problem all across Blackpool.”

Shortly after speaking at Bloomfield Road, Mr Corbyn and Mrs Rayner made their way to St John’s Square on the Labour campaign bus.

Mr Corbyn said: “In winning the election we’re going to do it for the people of the country to bring about a fairer more just socirty and bring investment to places that have seen almost nothing since the 1980s where so much of our industry was destroyed and I’m so proud of our candidates here in Blackpool, Chris and Gordon for the work they do and Gordon for the fantastic way he has represented this town.”

Mr Corbyn also warned a cyber attack on Labour’s digital platforms could be a “sign of things to come” in the General Election.

The Labour leader said the timing of the attack - which slowed some of the party’s campaign activities - was “suspicious” and had made him “nervous” about what might happen in the rest of the campaign.

The so-called “distributed denial-of-service” (DDoS) attack, which took place on Monday, was described by the party as “sophisticated and large-scale”.

However, a source at the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC), which is investigating the incident, said it was relatively “low level” with no evidence of “state-sponsored activity”.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/politics/jeremy-corbyn-s-blackpool-visit

Cause a few people on social media to go into full scale meltdown.

I'm a voter GET ME OUT OF HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!
December election on 18:18 - Nov 13 with 180 viewsLala

December election on 17:00 - Nov 13 by Imperial

I'm a voter GET ME OUT OF HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!

December election on 18:09 - Nov 14 with 161 viewsROTTWEILERS

December election on 19:15 - Nov 14 with 156 viewsspudgun

December election on 18:09 - Nov 14 by ROTTWEILERS

The f***wit has just been on LBC for the last hour making a tit of himself...
December election on 22:10 - Nov 14 with 147 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 19:15 - Nov 14 by spudgun

The f***wit has just been on LBC for the last hour making a tit of himself...

Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage has claimed the Conservatives offered his candidates jobs and peerages to try to get them to stand down.

Mr Farage also said his candidates received "thousands of phone calls and emails" trying to get them to withdraw ahead of next month's election.

He made the claims shortly after candidate nominations closed before the 12 December poll.

The Tories denied offering Brexit Party candidates jobs or peerages.

Mr Farage has confirmed his candidates will not contest seats won by the Tories at the 2017 general election, but will stand candidates against the party elsewhere.

Conservative figures have urged his party not to run in Labour-held marginal constituencies, fearing his candidates could divide the Brexit-backing vote.

In a video posted on Twitter, Mr Farage said that he, along with eight "senior figures" in his party, had been offered peerages to stand down.

He said the offer had been made by people "deep inside Number 10 Downing Street" - although he did not think Prime Minister Boris Johnson was involved.

"As you can imagine, I said I do not want, and I will never have, anything to do with this kind of behaviour," he said.

He also later said his candidates had been "subjected to thousands of phone calls, and emails and threats all over the country" to get them to stand aside.

He said candidates had been offered jobs "in the negotiating team, jobs in government departments and hints at peerages too".

A spokesperson for the Conservative Party said: "We don't do electoral pacts - our pact is with the British people."

"The only way to get Brexit done and unleash Britain's potential is to vote for your local Conservative candidate".

Labour party chairman Ian Lavery said: "It looks like Boris Johnson is trying to stitch-up this election by offering jobs to Brexit party candidates to get them to stand down.

"This gives a whiff of the corrupt way the establishment works. We can't allow the Tories to run the country a minute longer. It's time for real change."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50426535

December election on 11:51 - Nov 15 with 141 viewsImperial

December election on 22:10 - Nov 14 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage has claimed the Conservatives offered his candidates jobs and peerages to try to get them to stand down.

Mr Farage also said his candidates received "thousands of phone calls and emails" trying to get them to withdraw ahead of next month's election.

He made the claims shortly after candidate nominations closed before the 12 December poll.

The Tories denied offering Brexit Party candidates jobs or peerages.

Mr Farage has confirmed his candidates will not contest seats won by the Tories at the 2017 general election, but will stand candidates against the party elsewhere.

Conservative figures have urged his party not to run in Labour-held marginal constituencies, fearing his candidates could divide the Brexit-backing vote.

In a video posted on Twitter, Mr Farage said that he, along with eight "senior figures" in his party, had been offered peerages to stand down.

He said the offer had been made by people "deep inside Number 10 Downing Street" - although he did not think Prime Minister Boris Johnson was involved.

"As you can imagine, I said I do not want, and I will never have, anything to do with this kind of behaviour," he said.

He also later said his candidates had been "subjected to thousands of phone calls, and emails and threats all over the country" to get them to stand aside.

He said candidates had been offered jobs "in the negotiating team, jobs in government departments and hints at peerages too".

A spokesperson for the Conservative Party said: "We don't do electoral pacts - our pact is with the British people."

"The only way to get Brexit done and unleash Britain's potential is to vote for your local Conservative candidate".

Labour party chairman Ian Lavery said: "It looks like Boris Johnson is trying to stitch-up this election by offering jobs to Brexit party candidates to get them to stand down.

"This gives a whiff of the corrupt way the establishment works. We can't allow the Tories to run the country a minute longer. It's time for real change."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50426535

The election promises from all parties are coming in thick and fast the lies even faster.

Both the Conservatives and Labour are past masters at trashing the other.

It is a waste of time really, the voting public don't believe a word either say and have as much respect for them as they have for each other..
December election on 12:49 - Nov 15 with 136 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 11:51 - Nov 15 by Imperial

The election promises from all parties are coming in thick and fast the lies even faster.

Both the Conservatives and Labour are past masters at trashing the other.

It is a waste of time really, the voting public don't believe a word either say and have as much respect for them as they have for each other..

Brexit Party MEP Ann Widdecombe, who is standing as a candidate in the general election, says “somebody at No 10” offered her “a role in the negotiations” [with the EU].

When asked about who had made the offer, she would only say it was not the prime minister or his senior advisers, Sir Edward Lister and Dominic Cummings. She did say that the two conversations she had were with the same person.

She said the “behaviour” of the Conservative Party had put them “in a difficult position” and was a “complete waste of time” and that “as a practising Catholic” she was “prepared to put her hand on the book over this”.

December election on 17:38 - Nov 15 with 126 viewsspudgun

December election on 12:49 - Nov 15 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Brexit Party MEP Ann Widdecombe, who is standing as a candidate in the general election, says “somebody at No 10” offered her “a role in the negotiations” [with the EU].

When asked about who had made the offer, she would only say it was not the prime minister or his senior advisers, Sir Edward Lister and Dominic Cummings. She did say that the two conversations she had were with the same person.

She said the “behaviour” of the Conservative Party had put them “in a difficult position” and was a “complete waste of time” and that “as a practising Catholic” she was “prepared to put her hand on the book over this”.

"As a practising Catholic"...Jesus!

The daft old bat is virtually completely hatstand when you see her on tv; perfect for the Brexit party though.

I wonder whether the electorate will view Johnson`s reaction to Labour`s proposed broadband policy as "Communist craziness" as considered and proportionate, as he lied his way through stale pledges based on unfulfilled promises from the 2017 manifesto.

As long as we "Get Brexit done", eh?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024