Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
December election 20:31 - Oct 29 with 1602 viewsLala

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/oct/29/brexi

Christmas election it is then.

Interesting times.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

December election on 20:37 - Nov 15 with 308 viewsImperial

December election on 17:38 - Nov 15 by spudgun

"As a practising Catholic"...Jesus!

The daft old bat is virtually completely hatstand when you see her on tv; perfect for the Brexit party though.

I wonder whether the electorate will view Johnson`s reaction to Labour`s proposed broadband policy as "Communist craziness" as considered and proportionate, as he lied his way through stale pledges based on unfulfilled promises from the 2017 manifesto.

As long as we "Get Brexit done", eh?

Agree with you Spud. The question is where do we go from here.

I am tempted to vote for the most divisive party in the hope that dissatisfaction will lead to parliamentary reform.
December election on 08:34 - Nov 16 with 295 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 20:37 - Nov 15 by Imperial

Agree with you Spud. The question is where do we go from here.

I am tempted to vote for the most divisive party in the hope that dissatisfaction will lead to parliamentary reform.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

December election on 14:44 - Nov 17 with 288 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 08:34 - Nov 16 by BringBackTheRedRoom

he US businesswoman at the centre of a misconduct controversy involving Boris Johnson has said he had "cast me aside like I am some gremlin".

It is alleged that Jennifer Arcuri received favourable treatment during Mr Johnson's time as mayor of London due to their friendship, claims he denies.

Ms Arcuri told ITV she had kept his "secrets" but that her requests to him for media advice had been "blocked".

The Conservatives say any claims of impropriety are "unfounded".

During the interview to be aired later, Ms Arcuri addressed the now prime minister directly, saying: "I've been nothing but loyal, faithful, supportive, and a true confidante of yours.

"I've kept your secrets, and I've been your friend.

"And I don't understand why you've blocked me and ignored me as if I was some fleeting one-night stand or some girl that you picked up at a bar because I wasn't - and you know that.

"And I'm terribly heartbroken by the way that you have cast me aside like I am some gremlin."

Her latest interview, follows allegations, first reported in the Sunday Times in September, that Ms Arcuri's business was given £126,000 in public money along with privileged access to three foreign trade trips led by Mr Johnson when he was mayor, between 2008 and 2016.

The Greater London Authority (GLA) - whose job it is to oversee the conduct of the mayor - launched an investigation into the alleged conflict of interest following the paper's report.

That probe was paused after the authority referred the claims to the police watchdog, the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC).

The watchdog will now decide whether or not to investigate the prime minister for a potential criminal offence of misconduct in public office - before the GLA decides whether to continue its own probe.

Last month, a government review ruled that a £100,000 government grant given to Ms Arcuri's business was "appropriate".

Ms Arcuri said she had tried to ask Mr Johnson for advice on how to handle media attention over the allegations, but was left feeling "humiliated" after being told "there are bigger things at stake" by an aide.

She added: "I was brushed off as if I was one of Kennedy's girlfriends showing up to his White House switchboard, you know, here to do my, you know, calling".

'Politically motivated'

Ms Arcuri would not be drawn on the nature of their relationship during the interview, but said that she had come under pressure from friends to "admit the affair".

In response to the programme, the Conservative Party said it considered the decision to refer Mr Johnson to the police watchdog as "vexatious and politically motivated".

A spokesman added that any claims of impropriety in office by Mr Johnson were "untrue and unfounded".

Timeline
22 September: The Sunday Times publishes allegations about Mr Johnson's friendship with Ms Arcuri

24 September: The London Assembly gives Mr Johnson 14 days to provide "details and a timeline of contact" with Ms Arcuri

27 September: The monitoring officer of the Greater London Authority refers Mr Johnson to the Independent Office for Police Conduct

29 September: Mr Johnson denies any wrongdoing and tells BBC News everything was done "with full propriety"

7 October: Ms Arcuri tells ITV's Good Morning Britain programme she "never spoke" to Boris Johnson for help to secure any grants or sponsorship for her company

9 October: The London Assembly says a response it received from Number 10 does not answer its questions

31 October: Government rules the £100,000 grant given to Jennifer Arcuri's company was "appropriate"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50450167

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

December election on 15:09 - Nov 17 with 283 viewsspudgun

December election on 14:44 - Nov 17 by BringBackTheRedRoom

he US businesswoman at the centre of a misconduct controversy involving Boris Johnson has said he had "cast me aside like I am some gremlin".

It is alleged that Jennifer Arcuri received favourable treatment during Mr Johnson's time as mayor of London due to their friendship, claims he denies.

Ms Arcuri told ITV she had kept his "secrets" but that her requests to him for media advice had been "blocked".

The Conservatives say any claims of impropriety are "unfounded".

During the interview to be aired later, Ms Arcuri addressed the now prime minister directly, saying: "I've been nothing but loyal, faithful, supportive, and a true confidante of yours.

"I've kept your secrets, and I've been your friend.

"And I don't understand why you've blocked me and ignored me as if I was some fleeting one-night stand or some girl that you picked up at a bar because I wasn't - and you know that.

"And I'm terribly heartbroken by the way that you have cast me aside like I am some gremlin."

Her latest interview, follows allegations, first reported in the Sunday Times in September, that Ms Arcuri's business was given £126,000 in public money along with privileged access to three foreign trade trips led by Mr Johnson when he was mayor, between 2008 and 2016.

The Greater London Authority (GLA) - whose job it is to oversee the conduct of the mayor - launched an investigation into the alleged conflict of interest following the paper's report.

That probe was paused after the authority referred the claims to the police watchdog, the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC).

The watchdog will now decide whether or not to investigate the prime minister for a potential criminal offence of misconduct in public office - before the GLA decides whether to continue its own probe.

Last month, a government review ruled that a £100,000 government grant given to Ms Arcuri's business was "appropriate".

Ms Arcuri said she had tried to ask Mr Johnson for advice on how to handle media attention over the allegations, but was left feeling "humiliated" after being told "there are bigger things at stake" by an aide.

She added: "I was brushed off as if I was one of Kennedy's girlfriends showing up to his White House switchboard, you know, here to do my, you know, calling".

'Politically motivated'

Ms Arcuri would not be drawn on the nature of their relationship during the interview, but said that she had come under pressure from friends to "admit the affair".

In response to the programme, the Conservative Party said it considered the decision to refer Mr Johnson to the police watchdog as "vexatious and politically motivated".

A spokesman added that any claims of impropriety in office by Mr Johnson were "untrue and unfounded".

Timeline
22 September: The Sunday Times publishes allegations about Mr Johnson's friendship with Ms Arcuri

24 September: The London Assembly gives Mr Johnson 14 days to provide "details and a timeline of contact" with Ms Arcuri

27 September: The monitoring officer of the Greater London Authority refers Mr Johnson to the Independent Office for Police Conduct

29 September: Mr Johnson denies any wrongdoing and tells BBC News everything was done "with full propriety"

7 October: Ms Arcuri tells ITV's Good Morning Britain programme she "never spoke" to Boris Johnson for help to secure any grants or sponsorship for her company

9 October: The London Assembly says a response it received from Number 10 does not answer its questions

31 October: Government rules the £100,000 grant given to Jennifer Arcuri's company was "appropriate"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50450167

Oh dear, "don`t ignore me" bunny boiler alert! Time to pay the price for his indiscretion.

Was pretty evident from her previous interview when she was playing coy on the true nature of their, ahem, business relationship, that there would be likely more to follow on this (ker-ching!).

Everything I`ve seen about her screams manipulative harpy on the make, and I bet she is good at it.

Tory HQ will do well to shut her up - good luck with that.

Couldn`t happen to a nicer fella.

We`ve been blessed with some great news this week...
December election on 13:47 - Nov 18 with 278 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 15:09 - Nov 17 by spudgun

Oh dear, "don`t ignore me" bunny boiler alert! Time to pay the price for his indiscretion.

Was pretty evident from her previous interview when she was playing coy on the true nature of their, ahem, business relationship, that there would be likely more to follow on this (ker-ching!).

Everything I`ve seen about her screams manipulative harpy on the make, and I bet she is good at it.

Tory HQ will do well to shut her up - good luck with that.

Couldn`t happen to a nicer fella.

We`ve been blessed with some great news this week...

As you were saying Spud....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50458461

December election on 15:15 - Nov 18 with 270 viewsspudgun

December election on 13:47 - Nov 18 by BringBackTheRedRoom

As you were saying Spud....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50458461

She`s completely hatstand, and not in a good way.

Can`t wait until she starts shrieking, with mascara running everywhere and clumps of hair missing, and dishing the dirt on his unsavoury bedroom habits.

Might put a bob or two on Corbyn in fact.

What a great time it is to be alive! Johnson, Trump and feckless royalty all getting a well deserved kicking this week...
December election on 18:53 - Nov 18 with 260 viewsImperial

December election on 15:15 - Nov 18 by spudgun

She`s completely hatstand, and not in a good way.

Can`t wait until she starts shrieking, with mascara running everywhere and clumps of hair missing, and dishing the dirt on his unsavoury bedroom habits.

Might put a bob or two on Corbyn in fact.

What a great time it is to be alive! Johnson, Trump and feckless royalty all getting a well deserved kicking this week...

Yep vote for Jeremy. He will bring about change. Get the guillotine ready vive la republique.!!!
December election on 11:24 - Nov 20 with 242 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 18:53 - Nov 18 by Imperial

Yep vote for Jeremy. He will bring about change. Get the guillotine ready vive la republique.!!!

Anyone watch "The Clash of the Titans" last night?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50486534

Login to get fewer ads

December election on 13:33 - Nov 20 with 225 viewsROTTWEILERS

December election on 11:24 - Nov 20 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Anyone watch "The Clash of the Titans" last night?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50486534

Yeah - not particularly enlightening or enjoyable to watch.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

December election on 14:53 - Nov 20 with 223 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 13:33 - Nov 20 by ROTTWEILERS

Yeah - not particularly enlightening or enjoyable to watch.

Agree. Thought Julie Etchingham was poor this time as a moderator. Think both the BBC and Sky will rough them up a bit more when it's their turn.

The fallout from James (not very) Cleverly and the fake twitter account is funny. Got Dominic Cummings grubby fingerprints all over it.

December election on 15:45 - Nov 20 with 213 viewsROTTWEILERS

December election on 14:53 - Nov 20 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Agree. Thought Julie Etchingham was poor this time as a moderator. Think both the BBC and Sky will rough them up a bit more when it's their turn.

The fallout from James (not very) Cleverly and the fake twitter account is funny. Got Dominic Cummings grubby fingerprints all over it.

JC is better when he's got a glint in his eye. Boris was ruffled when JC 'out-humoured' him with the Christmas present question. Playing the nasty Tory card ad infinitum - whilst true - is an immediate turn off for 75% of the country. If I were his advisor, I'd be suggesting he dress up as the actual bogeyman to taunt the far right. That's the sort of base level we are at with British politics at the mo
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 15:49]

December election on 15:51 - Nov 20 with 209 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 15:45 - Nov 20 by ROTTWEILERS

JC is better when he's got a glint in his eye. Boris was ruffled when JC 'out-humoured' him with the Christmas present question. Playing the nasty Tory card ad infinitum - whilst true - is an immediate turn off for 75% of the country. If I were his advisor, I'd be suggesting he dress up as the actual bogeyman to taunt the far right. That's the sort of base level we are at with British politics at the mo
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 15:49]

BoJo's answer on the Royal Family as "beyond reproach" cracked me up.

December election on 18:05 - Nov 20 with 200 viewsROTTWEILERS

December election on 15:51 - Nov 20 by BringBackTheRedRoom

BoJo's answer on the Royal Family as "beyond reproach" cracked me up.

Yep. Went down well in the room, didn't it?

December election on 18:25 - Nov 20 with 197 viewsspudgun

December election on 18:05 - Nov 20 by ROTTWEILERS

Yep. Went down well in the room, didn't it?

And Dominic Raab`s threat to seek legal costs from the family of Harry Dunn, who are taking legal action against the government for the handling of the aftermath of the tragic accident, is sure to play out well with the electorate...
December election on 13:06 - Nov 21 with 185 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 18:25 - Nov 20 by spudgun

And Dominic Raab`s threat to seek legal costs from the family of Harry Dunn, who are taking legal action against the government for the handling of the aftermath of the tragic accident, is sure to play out well with the electorate...

Wonder how or if the Newspapers will report this during a GE campaign........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-50501097

Also Trump is due here on a NATO visit shortly.

December election on 10:10 - Nov 22 with 171 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 13:06 - Nov 21 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Wonder how or if the Newspapers will report this during a GE campaign........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-50501097

Also Trump is due here on a NATO visit shortly.

Channel 4 News have cancelled an election leader’s debate they had planned for this Sunday night.

The broadcaster told the Mirror Jeremy Corbyn ’s team had agreed to take part.

But after "many weeks of discussion" they were unable to secure agreement from chicken Boris Johnson .

Instead, they’re holding a seven-way debate the Sunday before the election - where the participants will be banned from talking about Brexit .

Meanwhile Channel 4 News said they would host a one-hour special to talk about the climate - but Boris Johnson also not confirmed he will attend that either, despite Labour, the Lib Dems, the Green Party and the SNP agreeing in principle.

On Friday, the BBC will host a two hour special which will see each party leader take questions from a studio audience.

The Question Time leadership special will air on Friday - and give each of the four main party's a chance to win support from a prime time TV audience.

The BBC's standard Question Time host Fiona Bruce will be hosting - and pushing the politicians to answer the questions.

On the show Fiona Bruce said: “Question Time has a proud history of giving the public - the voters - the chance to put their points and questions directly to their elected representatives. That’s never more important than during an election campaign.

"I’m very much looking forward to these special programmes."

The Conservative Party faced a backlash over their decision to ban Mirror journalists from Boris Johnson's election battle bus.

Media figures criticised the move as a failure and a strategic blunder.

ITV's Robert Peston said: "Given that Boris Johnson wants to win traditional Labour seats, is it wise for the Tories to bar the Mirror from their bus?"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/channel-4-cancels-general-election-209319

December election on 18:54 - Nov 28 with 163 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 10:10 - Nov 22 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Channel 4 News have cancelled an election leader’s debate they had planned for this Sunday night.

The broadcaster told the Mirror Jeremy Corbyn ’s team had agreed to take part.

But after "many weeks of discussion" they were unable to secure agreement from chicken Boris Johnson .

Instead, they’re holding a seven-way debate the Sunday before the election - where the participants will be banned from talking about Brexit .

Meanwhile Channel 4 News said they would host a one-hour special to talk about the climate - but Boris Johnson also not confirmed he will attend that either, despite Labour, the Lib Dems, the Green Party and the SNP agreeing in principle.

On Friday, the BBC will host a two hour special which will see each party leader take questions from a studio audience.

The Question Time leadership special will air on Friday - and give each of the four main party's a chance to win support from a prime time TV audience.

The BBC's standard Question Time host Fiona Bruce will be hosting - and pushing the politicians to answer the questions.

On the show Fiona Bruce said: “Question Time has a proud history of giving the public - the voters - the chance to put their points and questions directly to their elected representatives. That’s never more important than during an election campaign.

"I’m very much looking forward to these special programmes."

The Conservative Party faced a backlash over their decision to ban Mirror journalists from Boris Johnson's election battle bus.

Media figures criticised the move as a failure and a strategic blunder.

ITV's Robert Peston said: "Given that Boris Johnson wants to win traditional Labour seats, is it wise for the Tories to bar the Mirror from their bus?"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/channel-4-cancels-general-election-209319

Which snowflake will melt first?

December election on 19:09 - Nov 28 with 157 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 18:54 - Nov 28 by BringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 19:09 - Nov 28 with 156 viewsspudgun

December election on 18:54 - Nov 28 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Looks like he is running scared of Andrew Neil too.

Was asked directly four or five times whether he would follow the other leaders and consent to an interview with Neil, but was slipperier than a snig in swarfega in his reply.

Other than wanging on about getting Brexit done, and criticising Corbyn, I`ve learned next to zero about any Conservative plans.

Apart from the dubious 40 `new` hospitals and 50,000 `more` nurses...
December election on 19:27 - Nov 28 with 147 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 19:09 - Nov 28 by spudgun

Looks like he is running scared of Andrew Neil too.

Was asked directly four or five times whether he would follow the other leaders and consent to an interview with Neil, but was slipperier than a snig in swarfega in his reply.

Other than wanging on about getting Brexit done, and criticising Corbyn, I`ve learned next to zero about any Conservative plans.

Apart from the dubious 40 `new` hospitals and 50,000 `more` nurses...

If this was happening in China or Russia there would be an outcry.

December election on 19:48 - Nov 28 with 142 viewsspudgun

December election on 19:27 - Nov 28 by BringBackTheRedRoom

If this was happening in China or Russia there would be an outcry.

It really is quite astonishing how quickly the Conservative party is replicating the Trump administration.

Normal political spin has morphed into outright lies, and nuanced debate has slumped into flat denials without any attempt at credible counter argument.

The smearing of political opponents has been taken to a new level of malice, and meaningless platitudes serve in lieu of coherent policies.

Johnson is surrounded by an entourage of immoral hyenas who will plumb any depth to win.

Very worrying what they are prepared to do...
December election on 20:59 - Nov 28 with 136 viewsspell_chekker

***** BREAKING NEWS *****

Boris had you all fooled.

He's really having a December erection.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

December election on 21:57 - Nov 28 with 134 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

December election on 20:59 - Nov 28 by spell_chekker

***** BREAKING NEWS *****

Boris had you all fooled.

He's really having a December erection.

Did you have a hand in that, Spell?

Tory Party refuses to remove 'distorted' Facebook ad

Our digital elections reporter tweets...

The Conservative Party hits back at the BBC's criticism of its Facebook advert that used edited BBC footage.

As per our post at 18:45, the BBC Press Office says the Tories "distorted" BBC content to use in Facebook adverts.

But the Tories disagree and say they aren't going to remove the ad.

The Conservative Party spokesman has made a bit of a slip-up though, calling on people to vote for Boris Johnson on 13 December (the election is on 12 December, folks)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024