Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby sack Keogh 19:18 - Oct 30 with 9425 viewsloftboy

How come the other two got away with it!! Nothing to do with his age and length of contract!!
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/30/derby-sack-richard-keogh-car-cr

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Derby sack Keogh on 17:39 - Oct 31 with 2285 viewsPinnerPaul

Derby sack Keogh on 16:49 - Oct 31 by eastside_r

Unfortunately you have to take the emotion out of this. Also the situation with the two other 'employees' is irrelevant. This is simply a matter of employment law and by his actions Keogh is unable to fulfil his contractual obligations (i.e. play) and his injury was not caused by an industrial accident i.e. playing or training.

It seems that Derby (because of his service record?) offered him a settlement - the reduced terms offer and he chose not to accept it, so they proceeded with the disciplinary action.

Pretty much all opinions covered here: https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/33669-keogh-sacked/ . Actually quite a good forum that one, whatever your views on DCFC.

Not sure how they treated two other employees who were involved in the same incident does NOT come into it?

Discrimination must surely be part of his argument especially as one of them actually caused his injury whilst committing a criminal offence!
Derby sack Keogh on 17:48 - Oct 31 with 2259 viewsdistortR

Derby sack Keogh on 12:53 - Oct 31 by wombat

look on the bright side , next years im a celeb will be a blast with him on there ,

i'm a celebrity, cut me out from here.
Derby sack Keogh on 18:34 - Oct 31 with 2178 viewsTacticalR

Couldn't they just have sold him back to themselves at a cheap price?

I believe that's allowed under FFP.

Air hostess clique

Derby sack Keogh (n/t) on 21:08 - Oct 31 with 2063 viewsbosh67

Derby sack Keogh on 18:34 - Oct 31 by TacticalR

Couldn't they just have sold him back to themselves at a cheap price?

I believe that's allowed under FFP.

[Post edited 31 Oct 2019 21:08]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Derby sack Keogh on 22:32 - Oct 31 with 1986 viewsItalianR

Unfortunately you have to take the emotion out of this. Also the situation with the two other 'employees' is irrelevant. This is simply a matter of employment law and by his actions Keogh is unable to fulfil his contractual obligations (i.e. play) and his injury was not caused by an industrial accident i.e. playing or training.

It seems that Derby (because of his service record?) offered him a settlement - the reduced terms offer and he chose not to accept it, so they proceeded with the disciplinary action.

Pretty much all opinions covered here: https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/33669-keogh-sacked/ . Actually quite a good forum that one, whatever your views on DCFC.

I'm not sure. The situation with the other two employees could amount to age discrimination. Also he did not make himself unable to fulfil his contractual obligations by getting into a car. It would have been different if he was driving.
Main thing is, and this is entirely a point of pedantic semantics, we are not looking at constructive dismissal (where the actions of the club such as making him train with the U23 push him to quit) but at unfair dismissal.
Derby sack Keogh on 00:22 - Nov 1 with 1943 viewsSydneyRs

Ok, so two others who have caused a fellow employee to be unable to work because they broke the law are able to get off because they didn't hurt themselves? Seems reasonable.
Derby sack Keogh on 08:06 - Nov 1 with 1811 viewsdanehoop

Taking up Clive's point about making himself unavailable for work through injury outside of work. I wonder if the fact that this incident happened following and evening work event which he had to attend as club captain and that he was injured by the actions of club employees might actually negate that argument somewhat. The event was organised by the club, his attendance was mandatory and the transport he was in was owned and operated by club employees. Is that not an injury therefore sustained as a result and during his employment by his employer?

Anything to help out a future QPR hall of famer.....

Never knowingly understood

Derby sack Keogh on 08:30 - Nov 1 with 1777 viewsNorthernr

Derby sack Keogh on 08:06 - Nov 1 by danehoop

Taking up Clive's point about making himself unavailable for work through injury outside of work. I wonder if the fact that this incident happened following and evening work event which he had to attend as club captain and that he was injured by the actions of club employees might actually negate that argument somewhat. The event was organised by the club, his attendance was mandatory and the transport he was in was owned and operated by club employees. Is that not an injury therefore sustained as a result and during his employment by his employer?

Anything to help out a future QPR hall of famer.....

Potentially. Although Derby laid on cabs to take the players home, and this lot stayed on beyond the curfew and beyond the cabs getting tanked up before driving home. So not only has he stayed out drinking with them but he's also negated his role as captain in making sure they were kept in line.
Login to get fewer ads

Derby sack Keogh on 09:40 - Nov 1 with 1700 viewsrobith

Derby sack Keogh on 08:30 - Nov 1 by Northernr

Potentially. Although Derby laid on cabs to take the players home, and this lot stayed on beyond the curfew and beyond the cabs getting tanked up before driving home. So not only has he stayed out drinking with them but he's also negated his role as captain in making sure they were kept in line.

Some random website I found has Keogh's salary at £832k, which is a monthly take home of £37k.

How tight do you have to be to not just get your own cab like?
Derby sack Keogh on 11:38 - Nov 1 with 1599 viewsfrancisbowles

Derby sack Keogh on 09:40 - Nov 1 by robith

Some random website I found has Keogh's salary at £832k, which is a monthly take home of £37k.

How tight do you have to be to not just get your own cab like?

Yes and from what I can find out the industrial tribunal compensation limit for unfair dismissal is:

The maximum amount that you can be awarded as compensation for Unfair Dismissal is presently the statutory cap of £86,444, or 52 weeks gross salary- whichever is the lower. This is in addition to the basic award which can be ordered by the Tribunal of up to a maximum of £15,750.

So just over £102K! Small beer when you are on an income like Keogh's. Small change for DCFC when you consider what they are spending on Keogh.

I predict it won't get to Tribunal, Derby will settle a little over the maximum, with a confidentiality clause, to avoid legal fees and further bad publicity.
Derby sack Keogh on 12:56 - Nov 1 with 1530 viewspaulparker

The sad thing is the QPR of 5 years ago plus would probably of signed him with broken legs to the same contract

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Derby sack Keogh on 13:08 - Nov 1 with 1507 viewsdanehoop

Derby sack Keogh on 12:56 - Nov 1 by paulparker

The sad thing is the QPR of 5 years ago plus would probably of signed him with broken legs to the same contract

Not sure. He hadnt played for a "big" club in the Prem, so unlikely to have been even considered.

Never knowingly understood

Derby sack Keogh on 13:28 - Nov 1 with 1475 viewsTGRRRSSS

Derby sack Keogh on 12:28 - Oct 31 by Hayesender

There were rumours at the time about other substances being found. Maybe they've got something else on him

Can't he sue for breach of contract?

This would be a different route, also does football EFL FA etc have a court process of it's own?

Derby would be wary of "having something" on Keogh, as could then be aq situation of him offering others up in a scenario of "substances" lets say - lets face it he'd have little to lose.

We're off to Derby end of the month, lots of Keogh support me thinks
Derby sack Keogh on 16:27 - Nov 1 with 1387 viewsNoelmc

Derby sack Keogh on 17:21 - Oct 31 by Northernr

Hmmm, morals doesn't seem to be a strong suit of either given that one used the death of his mum as an excuse and the other his three year old daughter. Maybe a 2 or a 3 for Morals on the Football Manager database.

I assume Ryan Giggs is therefore a 1.
Derby sack Keogh on 00:02 - Nov 2 with 1209 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I realise that he has a special place in QPR hearts but to be fair to Derby Keogh has been stealing a living for many years by masquerading as a professional footballer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024