Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread 12:59 - Nov 5 with 41084 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 14:05]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:27 - Nov 9 with 3114 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:17 - Nov 9 by TheKirkyLife

I thought he was super lazy myself. Very weak and so many poor passes. His head has been turned.

His head has been turned? Or he's had the captaincy stripped from him for no apparent reason and maybe isn't enjoying life under Cooper as much as he did under Potter?

I know he's got to just get on with it, etc, but they're only human. I'd be rightly pissed off if I was him.
The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:36 - Nov 9 with 3010 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:14 - Nov 9 by PozuelosSideys

Watching VDH's recent performances, suspect we may be looking to cash him in in January. Bidwell was very good today

When is Rodon expected back?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:37 - Nov 9 with 2999 viewstheloneranger

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:08 - Nov 9 by monmouth

People moan when he doesn’t make the changes. The subs were fine. They had two pieces of good fortune when the ball ran for them.

Anyway. I’d have lapped up a point before the game. So I’m not going to get all Dwightw*nker tonight for sure.

No probs with the subs, but I thought he would have brought Surridge on first and earlier, especially his heading ability up front and defensively at the back!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:38 - Nov 9 with 2982 viewstheloneranger

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:36 - Nov 9 by Tummer_from_Texas

When is Rodon expected back?

3 months minimum.

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:40 - Nov 9 with 2949 viewsTheKirkyLife

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:27 - Nov 9 by LeonWasGod

His head has been turned? Or he's had the captaincy stripped from him for no apparent reason and maybe isn't enjoying life under Cooper as much as he did under Potter?

I know he's got to just get on with it, etc, but they're only human. I'd be rightly pissed off if I was him.

I get the impression it was six of one and half a dozen of the other. If he was truly Captain material for this season the Cooper surely wouldn't have disregarded him so early on, right? He tried no less than four different Captains in pre-season.

If I was to take a stab at reading between the lines I'd suggest that he either expected the full Captaincy this season as he was Vice last OR he tried to force through a move in Summer and it was made clear he'd be staying.

Either way, not great to have such an important play not trying. I'd almost be tempted to go with Cabango next game.
The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:49 - Nov 9 with 2830 viewsmonmouth

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:15 - Nov 9 by exiledclaseboy

Two wins and a draw in the last three. Is that play off form? How about eight wins, five draws and three defeats in 16 games? Is that play off form. Because at the moment we’re in the playoff places. Just wondering.

Just a wum duplicate identity. Makes some decent points to try and keep it reasonable, many that I agree with, but the direction of travel is 100% clear. WUM.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 17:50]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:56 - Nov 9 with 2763 viewsSwanjaxs

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:49 - Nov 9 by monmouth

Just a wum duplicate identity. Makes some decent points to try and keep it reasonable, many that I agree with, but the direction of travel is 100% clear. WUM.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 17:50]

Who do you think this cad might be 🧐

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:58 - Nov 9 with 2735 viewsmonmouth

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:56 - Nov 9 by Swanjaxs

Don't know. But the appearance, avatar and postings were WUM from day one. Who the hell signs up for a swans forum as DYS without being a WUM?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:59 - Nov 9 with 2727 viewssainthelens

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:56 - Nov 9 by Swanjaxs

Huws window cleaner.
The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:00 - Nov 9 with 2711 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:40 - Nov 9 by TheKirkyLife

I get the impression it was six of one and half a dozen of the other. If he was truly Captain material for this season the Cooper surely wouldn't have disregarded him so early on, right? He tried no less than four different Captains in pre-season.

If I was to take a stab at reading between the lines I'd suggest that he either expected the full Captaincy this season as he was Vice last OR he tried to force through a move in Summer and it was made clear he'd be staying.

Either way, not great to have such an important play not trying. I'd almost be tempted to go with Cabango next game.

Yeah good points, I don't know what's been going on. He's not the player he was last year - less confident and, by the looks of it, interested. Hard to know what's going on in his head though. I think we need him back to his best asap as the options are pretty slim back there with Joe out.
The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:02 - Nov 9 with 2688 viewsmajorraglan

Didn’t get to see the game, but it certainly seems to be a case of now that the team are playing with wingers again things are starting to pick up. Long may it continue.
The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:03 - Nov 9 with 2679 viewstheloneranger

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:58 - Nov 9 by monmouth

Don't know. But the appearance, avatar and postings were WUM from day one. Who the hell signs up for a swans forum as DYS without being a WUM?

Any person who uses the name and picture of a man who for over 10 years totally ignores his disabled son, is in my eyes a Super Star Cvnt.

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:05 - Nov 9 with 2654 viewsSwanjaxs

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:59 - Nov 9 by sainthelens

Huws window cleaner.

Ha that's Tenko then!

Busted curly 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:06 - Nov 9 with 2644 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:03 - Nov 9 by theloneranger

Any person who uses the name and picture of a man who for over 10 years totally ignores his disabled son, is in my eyes a Super Star Cvnt.

Is that a fact? I ddn't know that. Presumably estranged from the mum? But still.
The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:09 - Nov 9 with 2617 viewsSwanjaxs

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:03 - Nov 9 by theloneranger

In fairness his mother has always done her best for him.

Looking a bit haggard now but still raking the cash in 👍

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:11 - Nov 9 with 2599 viewslonglostjack

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:23 - Nov 9 by PozuelosSideys

Yep. He has been for a few weeks now. The penalty aside, he was poor at Wigan, almost not bothered. Having Ayew moved up the pecking order and being some sort of captain instead, plus him in the last year of contract suggests hes out the door.

Better to get a few quid now imo.

What will the quids be for? Desperately need a good defensive midfield enforcer. VdH should stay. I’d give him the captaincy back.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:17 - Nov 9 with 2553 viewsmonmouth

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:11 - Nov 9 by longlostjack

What will the quids be for? Desperately need a good defensive midfield enforcer. VdH should stay. I’d give him the captaincy back.

I reckon hes already made it clear he'd rather be elsewhere, so not captain. I still think he's doing alright though. He's a championship level player that will have great games and not so great games. He probably thinks he's better than that. He's not.

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:29 - Nov 9 with 2479 viewsLandore_Jack

Just seen the goals. I think Woodman will be disappointed with the first one.

https://www.skysports.com/football/sheff-wed-vs-swansea/409538

#backtojack

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:34 - Nov 9 with 2454 viewsmonmouth

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:29 - Nov 9 by Landore_Jack

He could have booted the first shot into orbit. I don't know why keepers don't do that. It didn't nede a dive.

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:34 - Nov 9 with 2454 viewsunion_jack

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:29 - Nov 9 by Landore_Jack

What a corner kick that was. My stream dropped out so first time I’ve seen it.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:36 - Nov 9 with 2438 viewsLandore_Jack

#backtojack

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:56 - Nov 9 with 2358 viewsZaxx

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:36 - Nov 9 by Landore_Jack

Ayew.
First class poacher
The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:30 - Nov 9 with 2131 viewsBadlands

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:34 - Nov 9 by monmouth

He could have booted the first shot into orbit. I don't know why keepers don't do that. It didn't nede a dive.

I'd add Bidwell and Wilmot.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 03:03 - Nov 10 with 1771 viewsTimTtam

We scored last, so we have to look at it as a point gained, and our away streak continuing.

The way I see it, we were poor in the first 30 minutes and minutes 80-90, but we played very well from minutes 30-80 and 90+. They missed several big chances to score, so it sort of cancels out Ayew's missed chance.

We looked good on the counter, until we reached the final third. Still, it's encouraging to see us play some good stuff through their midfield. I don't think anyone played badly either.

Laughable to see more Bidwell comments. He's not a superstar. He's a 6.5/10 player with no amazing skill, but he does his job well and knows his limits. When he knows he's ran too far, he passes the ball off rather than being overly ambitious and giving it away.

I mentioned the subs pre-match, and that I would be disappointed if one of Borja or Peterson didn't get game time. And I still am. They weren't bad subs by Cooper, but they could've been better. Injecting Borja with 25 minutes to go could've produced the 2nd goal.

Nevertheless, it was a good performance and a good result.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 3:04]

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea City Match Thread on 08:29 - Nov 10 with 1606 viewstreboeth1966

We were superb and getting better. How people moan ,I will never know.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024