Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A very tight PL this year 12:43 - Jan 2 with 384 viewsA1079

Putting aside the very top of the league and what now looks like a cast iron outcome for Liverpool, from 6th downwards it is very tight. In respect of ourselves, we are 5 points from 6th and 7th position and 5 points from Bournemouth in 18th. Only 10pts separate 6th to 18th. Obviously goal difference makes some difference.

Quite a few clubs have gone for the new manager bounce recently which may or may not work. I sense West Ham may pull away.

Everyone seems to be capable of picking up points and having good little runs but then equally then go on a bad run. Newcastle, not many weeks ago looked quite good but recent results have now made them look vulnerable again. Perhaps something we need to be mindful, especially with some of our fans seeming to think that we are as good as safe. What we have given ourselves some breathing space but 2 defeats and we could be sucked back in. We are relying heavily on Ings finding the net.

I still think we need a couple of players for January but whether what we need and looking for are out there and at a reasonable price is a moot point. One player I like the look of is Jaden Bowen at Hull City. Nigel Adkins recommended him to us last summer and he is still going strong this year. Quite a few clubs are now interested in him. May be not a primary target for us as he is a forward/midfielder and good performances in the championship are not a given for making it at this level but equally, I cannot see us spending on so called experienced established top players. A replacement for Cedric is obviously a target and a CB as I am not sure I want to rely on Vestergaard on filling any gaps.
A very tight PL this year on 13:03 - Jan 2 with 364 viewsSonicBoom

The confidence we have built is absolutely vital and is as valuable as a brand new signing. But you are right we can easily slip back into trouble.
I'm amazed to read that suddenly people think Stephens and Bednarek are suddenly fantastic centre backs. That position is still very weak, there were moments against Spurs where one minute they looked cool and composed and the next they looked amateurish and panicky.
They have improved of late no doubt , credit where it's due but they are not the answer.

Christmas was great for us and the team pulled together and dug out some brilliant results. A few months back I could not see us winning another game so to be where we are is tremendous.
I'd love to see one or two new faces and for us to pick up a couple more wins which will really pull us away from trouble.
My other wish for 2020 is for Adams to get a few starts and a goal as I think there is a really good player there that just needs a few breaks to kick start his time here.
A very tight PL this year on 13:07 - Jan 2 with 356 viewsdirk_doone

We have more points than we did at the same stage in the 2015/16 season so our 5th top 8 finish in seven years is possible.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024