Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR strikes again 15:58 - Jan 4 with 1097 viewsHeisenberg

Long offside by a margin apparently. It took ages to sort whilst the boffins pissed around with the lines etc. Ends up with Huddersfield fans singing 'VAR is one of our own'. The game has gone.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

VAR strikes again on 16:09 - Jan 4 with 1066 viewsericofarabia

VAR call earlier for shirt tug on Vest on edge of box. Clear foul but because it was not in the box VAR cannot award the free kick that the foul merited!!
Yet in order to cancel a perfectly good goal they can go back to build ups and find a minor infringement that nobody spotted or even appealed for!!

Also VAR not being used in all the FA Cup games, so maybe VAR should not be used. The ref and lino thought it was onside, so at a non var ground the goal would have stood.
VAR strikes again on 16:16 - Jan 4 with 1050 viewsBlue

Didn't think he was offside tbh.

Good finish from Smallbone.

Still stood in the Kippax

VAR strikes again on 16:25 - Jan 4 with 1032 viewsBicester_North

Would’ve counted if we were away as well.

Edit- see you already pointed that out Eric
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 16:27]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

VAR strikes again on 20:56 - Jan 4 with 839 viewskingslandstand1

Totally wrong being used anyway as pointed out below so therefore surely an unfair competition as not at all games
VAR strikes again on 21:29 - Jan 4 with 814 viewsPatfromPoole

Probably in the minority, but personally I am OK with VAR.

I am actually frustrated that strikers have not got wise to how the game has changed, as being level with the last defender is effectively now offside. They need to make sure they are at least half a yard onside.

Yes, it is undeniably taking too long for decisions to be made. However I balance that against goals which have been rightly disallowed by VAR in our games at Brighton and Sheffield United, which we would not have won otherwise.

The fact the likes of Lineker are such big opponents of it only makes me defend it more.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

VAR strikes again on 22:43 - Jan 4 with 756 viewskingslandstand1

VAR strikes again on 21:29 - Jan 4 by PatfromPoole

I am actually frustrated that strikers have not got wise to how the game has changed, as being level with the last defender is effectively now offside. They need to make sure they are at least half a yard onside.

Yes, it is undeniably taking too long for decisions to be made. However I balance that against goals which have been rightly disallowed by VAR in our games at Brighton and Sheffield United, which we would not have won otherwise.

The fact the likes of Lineker are such big opponents of it only makes me defend it more.

It's here to stay as powers that be will not want to be seen to have made a mistake, but overall I hope they will be man enough to realise that it hasn't gone down very well so may need to tweak it a bit
My thoughts today were that should it be used when not all games in the competition are using it
One bonus today though was that in the stadium we actually saw the margin of offside on the big screen for the first time
VAR strikes again on 10:37 - Jan 5 with 665 viewsericofarabia

VAR strikes again on 21:29 - Jan 4 by PatfromPoole

I'm in the main ok with VAR but as I said earlier its a big NO for me in The FA Cup, unless it is applied in all games, or at a latter stage where it is only teams with the facility avilable left in.
A level playing pitch for every team in every game. Having watched MOTD last night I reckon there were at least 5 goals that were marginal and no big fuss made, but would have been chalked off by VAR due to the little finger, earlobe, big nose ruling. And of course Longs goal would have stood as both officials were ok with it.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 10:38]
VAR strikes again on 23:04 - Jan 6 with 554 viewsdarthvader

VAR strikes again on 10:37 - Jan 5 by ericofarabia

I'm in the main ok with VAR but as I said earlier its a big NO for me in The FA Cup, unless it is applied in all games, or at a latter stage where it is only teams with the facility avilable left in.
A level playing pitch for every team in every game. Having watched MOTD last night I reckon there were at least 5 goals that were marginal and no big fuss made, but would have been chalked off by VAR due to the little finger, earlobe, big nose ruling. And of course Longs goal would have stood as both officials were ok with it.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 10:38]

I'm OK with var as long as they speed it up a bit.

I was deleting some old MOTDs of my planner due to Mrs Darth demands and flicking through a couple that I kept before deleting .
Came across last season old trafford match.

If VAR - we would have had one definite penalty and there was another possible , both on Bertrand being taken down in The box , and their second goal was offside . (lukaku? Sorry spelling)

So Instead of a 3-2 loss it should have been a probable 2-3 or 2-4 to us.

So I support VAR. levels it out a bit better. Still not 100% I know but it's better than being done by an offside goal and a missed pen.

But I agree if includes fa cup then should be all or nothing

keep the faith coyr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024