Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New player: Jimmy Ryan 10:07 - Jan 12 with 3141 viewsYouTubeDale

We are now seeing the real Jimmy Ryan, and what a player !!! He stepped up to the mark against Accy, Newcastle and Bolton yesterday. Before he scored I commented how well he was playing. He is showing commitment, tenacity and that coupled with skill on the ball, he’s like a new signing. Before these games he was anonymous, constantly passing back and not showing much talent. Now, he wants the ball, he holds onto it and makes a useful pass. But I love it when he surges forword with the ball. He had a touch of luck with the deflection off the Bolton player for the goal, but he earned his luck.

Yes, Bolton...a touch of class.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 10:11]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

New player: Jimmy Ryan on 11:02 - Jan 12 with 2977 viewsDaleyBrent

Totally agree with this. The Jimmy Ryan I remember bossing every game he ever played against us. Been a contender for MOTM for the last 4-5 games imo. Long may it continue!
New player: Jimmy Ryan on 11:06 - Jan 12 with 2956 views442Dale

He definitely needed a run of games, dropping in and out did him few favours. Much better option there than MJW, who himself deserves praise for his performances at CH the last two games.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New player: Jimmy Ryan on 11:39 - Jan 12 with 2872 viewsdawlishdale

Ryan was my MOM yesterday, and is finally showing the form that I remember.

Must have played well, because there were also good performances from Sanchez, O'Connell, Matheson and Wilbraham.

Good entertaining game but Bolton are a poor team, and without Hamilton (best player on the pitch) they would be amateurish. I can't believe how poor defensively they are. Hills weaknesses still in evidence.
New player: Jimmy Ryan on 11:54 - Jan 12 with 2799 viewsfitzochris

As much as I can tell from the screen of a mobile device, he certainly looks to have kicked on. Seeing him in the flesh against Newcastle probably isn’t the best game to judge him on. He did lose possession that should have led to a goal against, but in the main he seems to have needed a run of games to develop confidence and consistency, given the bad luck he’s had with injuries in recent times.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New player: Jimmy Ryan on 12:18 - Jan 12 with 2710 viewstodmordendale

I totally agree.
More game time leading to Improved fitness and confidence.
It must have been difficult coming to a new club, new players, new manager with a catalogue of injuries over the past couple of years. Expectation could have made things much worse.
He has dug in, got his fitness and looks extremely comfortable with the team.
It was so pleasurable watching him towards the end of the game still running from either side of the pitch, dropping back and surging forward. He was starting to control and manage the team on the field.
New player indeed. A joy. Up there with Bryan Robson and Roy Keane this past couple of weeks.
Thanks to BBM for continued support and encouragement.
New player: Jimmy Ryan on 14:55 - Jan 12 with 2477 viewsBrierls

Jimmy Ryan is a class act. He’s always been a class act at League One and League Two level.

We only had the opportunity to sign him because BBM put his faith in him after a horrendous season or so with injury. I suspect part of that faith was acknowledging that it would take some time for him to get back firing at 100%.

I fully understand why, we were/are struggling for form and results, but the criticism he got from some fans earlier this season was OTT.

We’re now seeing the player that we’ve seen run the game when playing against us. The amount of ground he’s covering at the minute is superb; he’s receiving the ball as a third centre back one min, then bursting forward from midfield the next. I think there’s more to come if he plays less of the deeper role, he’s brilliant going forward.
New player: Jimmy Ryan on 15:00 - Jan 12 with 2459 viewsBigDaveMyCock

New player: Jimmy Ryan on 11:06 - Jan 12 by 442Dale

He definitely needed a run of games, dropping in and out did him few favours. Much better option there than MJW, who himself deserves praise for his performances at CH the last two games.

To be fair he’d just come back from a major injury. Aren’t you supposed to be at your most vulnerable to injury when you’re on you’re way back from an injury? A ‘phased’ return in which his game time is limited, and where he doesn’t play at full pelt during that game time, may be the reason he is now able to play at the level he is now. May have done him a huge favour, in the long run.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 15:03]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

New player: Jimmy Ryan on 15:09 - Jan 12 with 2427 viewsSaxonDale

New player: Jimmy Ryan on 11:54 - Jan 12 by fitzochris

As much as I can tell from the screen of a mobile device, he certainly looks to have kicked on. Seeing him in the flesh against Newcastle probably isn’t the best game to judge him on. He did lose possession that should have led to a goal against, but in the main he seems to have needed a run of games to develop confidence and consistency, given the bad luck he’s had with injuries in recent times.

He's been fantastic the last few games and I hope it continues. With Ryan, Dooley and Rathbone we've got players getting the ball deep and always looking to go forward- a huge change from what was happening early December. He's also better than I thought he would be defensively- reads the game really well. A welcomed selection headache for BBM when Morley returns.
Login to get fewer ads

New player: Jimmy Ryan on 15:11 - Jan 12 with 2421 viewsBrierls

New player: Jimmy Ryan on 15:00 - Jan 12 by BigDaveMyCock

To be fair he’d just come back from a major injury. Aren’t you supposed to be at your most vulnerable to injury when you’re on you’re way back from an injury? A ‘phased’ return in which his game time is limited, and where he doesn’t play at full pelt during that game time, may be the reason he is now able to play at the level he is now. May have done him a huge favour, in the long run.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 15:03]

Exactly this. How BBM has managed his game time has helped. We’re reaping the rewards of that now.

Don’t forget he’s probably three games behind where we wanted him to be because of the stupid and needless red card at the start of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024