Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup replays - Noise 17:31 - Jan 27 with 553 viewsA1079

I was wondering where many of you stand regarding FA Cup replays? There has been quite alot of noise about it in the last few days, mostly, it has to be said, from the external managers that manage predominantly PL clubs. As big a Ralph fan as I am, I was disappointed to see him jump on the bandwagon and complain about FA Cup replays -(having heard Guardiola, Klopp, Mourinho all whingeing about it).

I will admit, I am probably stuck in a bygone era of the 70's, 80's and 90's when the FA cup and replays were all part of our season and in some cases, you would have several replays before there was an outcome - I could be wrong, but I am sure there was one season where Arsenal/Sheff Wed had 3 replays to decide an outcome.

I am also not getting this fixture congestion complaint. As long as I can remember, there were mid-week games as well as weekend games. Is the congestion really not about the TV demands which require them to play on any day now which then causes a knock on effect to the next fixture, whereas in the past, you knew a game was a Saturday and then a Tuesday/Wednesday? - you still had the league cup, FA Cup and any European games etc. Pitches were not as good as they are now, in fact, by this time of the year, they were often quagmires.

I am just getting a bit sick and tired of particularly the external managers moaning about our Christmas fixtures, our cup competitions, our mid-week games, our replays etc. If you take a job, you know what you are taking. If you don't like it, don't take the job or leave. It is like me employing a plumber and they say they don't want to unblock toilets! Accept our footballing culture, embrace it and enjoy it or go elsewhere. I appreciate that may seem harsh, but the FA Cup is so diluted now, that if you take away replays, then that is another step towards nullifying the point of the competition - especially for the clubs from the other leagues. At this rate we risk the only competition being for the elite few that can compete for the Premier League trophy and a few European one, leaving the rest through the leagues to chase promotion, avoid relegation or mid-table obscurity. Take away the cup competitions and there is nothing else for them (and a possible good pay day for some - e.g Shrewsbury).
FA Cup replays - Noise on 21:01 - Jan 27 with 465 viewssledger

good job some of these managers arnt in the championship twice a week all the time plus i dont see them moaning about extra games in the champions league,hypocrites
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024