Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool 09:36 - Feb 3 with 1129 viewssolent_toffee

So apart from the game/result, how was your trip/weekend to Liverpool?
Liverpool on 09:45 - Feb 3 with 1116 viewsWints76

It was decent. I only did Friday night, but went to the Jacaranda, Studio 2/Parr St and then ended up in Mathew St.

Saturday I went to the Transalpino shop in Bold St so I was in my element there. Then met some decent scousers we know in a pub near Anfield, with Nick and co

Played well, but once they got the 3rd I made an early dart and got a cab back to Lime St so missus (who had met up with some friends) and I could get early train.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 13:17]
Liverpool on 13:02 - Feb 3 with 1008 viewsSaintsforeverj

Met quite a few Everton fans at the service station on their way to Watford and a few about in Liverpool. They were all saying they hoped for a Saints win, and were therefore very friendly to the Saints fans. Didn't hear many other scouse voices other than that to be honest!

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Liverpool on 15:00 - Feb 3 with 925 viewsericofarabia

Enjoyed some decent Beer and Chat with various members of Northern and London Saints in The Ship & Mitre before heading off to Anfield, barely any traffic so got there too early so strolled into The Albert next to The Kop, got a few stares but no hassle ... wished we'd been stopped at the door ... absolute sh!te beer, only Tetley, and I think it must have been made with old tea bags, absolute rank.
Post match a few beers withNick and his scouse army plus various Saints Fans in TIA Bar ... common theme, no decent beer again but plenty of Scandihooligans and Irish plus a few scousers!! Moved back into town for a few more beers in Ship & Mitre, strolled down Matthew Street past all the tourist bars to The White Star (?) for a few more decent beers then realised I was in danger of missing last train back to Newton so left my buddies to all the hen party's and had another beer at Station and then another in Newton then taxi home by 1130.

Sunday was a slow day
Liverpool on 16:46 - Feb 3 with 860 viewsBarnetSaint

stayed Friday and Saturday.
magnificent city, great live bands, pubs, the whole Albert Dock area has been done so well.
Mathew Street is very lively, even at 7pm the place was bouncing.

The weekend trippers from Norwary etc must bring millions into the local economy!

Pre match, had a pint, Anfield Road, I think it was called the Brian Epstein hotel-decent pre match boozer.
Seems to have areal identity and pride, very helpful signs up everywhere so you can find places.

Of course once you leave the city centre, its a different story. Boarded up shops and houses.

But I'm looking forward to another WE stay when we play at Goodison.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024