Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rio Ferdinand 21:36 - Feb 10 with 1156 viewsPatfromPoole

Really don’t like this programme on BBC1 at all.

Showing the grief of kids who have lost their parents as a by-product of him now being with some reality TV girl does not sit well with me.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Rio Ferdinand on 22:03 - Feb 10 with 1125 viewsDorsetIan

Did you watch the first one, about Ferdinand dealing with his wife's death?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Rio Ferdinand on 22:16 - Feb 10 with 1100 viewsPatfromPoole

Rio Ferdinand on 22:03 - Feb 10 by DorsetIan

Did you watch the first one, about Ferdinand dealing with his wife's death?

No, didn’t see that.

Rio Ferdinand on 22:46 - Feb 10 with 1072 viewsDorsetIan

Rio Ferdinand on 22:16 - Feb 10 by PatfromPoole

No, didn’t see that.

There was no girlfriend in that one, so it was just about him trying to deal with his and the children's grief. Not fun viewing, but he came across well and it was interesting to see how meeting up with other men in his position, helped him get a different perspective and let himself go a bit, because until then he had just been trying the 'keep calm and carry on' approach but also bottling up his grief.

I haven't seen this new one, but might have a look later.

Rio Ferdinand on 22:55 - Feb 10 with 1057 viewsPatfromPoole

Rio Ferdinand on 22:46 - Feb 10 by DorsetIan

There was no girlfriend in that one, so it was just about him trying to deal with his and the children's grief. Not fun viewing, but he came across well and it was interesting to see how meeting up with other men in his position, helped him get a different perspective and let himself go a bit, because until then he had just been trying the 'keep calm and carry on' approach but also bottling up his grief.

I haven't seen this new one, but might have a look later.

I’m not at all convinced he comes across well in this.

I just didn’t like seeing kids on there; both his and other kids. The scene at his ex-wife’s grave on Mother’s Day was particularly inappropriate for filming, I thought.

Rio Ferdinand on 23:10 - Feb 10 with 1039 viewsDorsetIan

Rio Ferdinand on 22:55 - Feb 10 by PatfromPoole

I just didn’t like seeing kids on there; both his and other kids. The scene at his ex-wife’s grave on Mother’s Day was particularly inappropriate for filming, I thought.

Will report back...

Rio Ferdinand on 23:11 - Feb 10 with 1037 views1885_SFC

Rio Ferdinand on 22:55 - Feb 10 by PatfromPoole

It's the BBC. More guff and sub-standard sheite from Aunty...

Old School is Cool

Rio Ferdinand on 23:39 - Feb 10 with 1014 viewsericofarabia

I only saw a few minutes, and whilst it is a very serious problem that virtually every family has to deal with either directly themselves, or with other family members .... the bit I saw with them saying how hard it was to deal with it .....as they were sat larking around a swimming pool (not sure if on holiday or one of his homes ?) in glorious weather .... made me think of how incongorous it seemed,where in the real world, normal people are struggling to deal with similar problems without the support of family, in bleak humble surroundings.
Rio Ferdinand on 06:47 - Feb 11 with 926 viewsKennington

Not seen this one but there was a very similar documentary on Rio last year. Is this a repeat or is the BBC just hoping everyone forgot that they have already made this programme?

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Login to get fewer ads

Rio Ferdinand on 07:16 - Feb 11 with 907 viewsPatfromPoole

Rio Ferdinand on 06:47 - Feb 11 by Kennington

Not seen this one but there was a very similar documentary on Rio last year. Is this a repeat or is the BBC just hoping everyone forgot that they have already made this programme?

Not a repeat, no.

This moves on and shows him marrying this reality TV girl. Not before we see a number of children grieving about losing their parents though.

He seems to have come out of it well judging by reactions on Twitter. Which puzzles me a lot.

Rio Ferdinand on 11:52 - Feb 11 with 785 viewsKennington

Rio Ferdinand on 07:16 - Feb 11 by PatfromPoole

Not a repeat, no.

This moves on and shows him marrying this reality TV girl. Not before we see a number of children grieving about losing their parents though.

He seems to have come out of it well judging by reactions on Twitter. Which puzzles me a lot.

How much do we really need to know about a BT sport pundit? I feel I already know too much about him.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024