Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch update 14:34 - Feb 14 with 16464 viewsjudd

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/february/pitchupdate_pretranmererovers/

Poll: What is it to be then?

Pitch update on 15:26 - Feb 15 with 2154 viewsKenBoon

Pitch update on 15:19 - Feb 15 by rochdaleriddler

Maybe we need to ask why Warrington , Wigan and Salford manage to have rugby games, and not have a quagmire pitch

I think Salford is 4G? Wigan will have loads of artificial lighting on it to encourage growth.
The Accrington pitch looks wonderful and it used to look worse than ours. Obviously some money has been spent but spent well.
Pitch update on 15:39 - Feb 15 with 2085 viewsnordenblue

Pitch update on 15:26 - Feb 15 by KenBoon

I think Salford is 4G? Wigan will have loads of artificial lighting on it to encourage growth.
The Accrington pitch looks wonderful and it used to look worse than ours. Obviously some money has been spent but spent well.

Salfords pitch is grass,you regularly see the heat/light lamps on at night time as you drive over Barton Bridge,they do have 4G training pitches at the back and a full size grass pitch too.
I'm planning to go Salford tomorrow to watch my nephew play if all goes to plan,so I'll see what state the pitch is in with all this shitty weather
Pitch update on 15:42 - Feb 15 with 2068 viewsKenBoon

Pitch update on 15:39 - Feb 15 by nordenblue

Salfords pitch is grass,you regularly see the heat/light lamps on at night time as you drive over Barton Bridge,they do have 4G training pitches at the back and a full size grass pitch too.
I'm planning to go Salford tomorrow to watch my nephew play if all goes to plan,so I'll see what state the pitch is in with all this shitty weather

Don't the Football and Rugby League clubs play at different stadiums?
Pitch update on 15:44 - Feb 15 with 2058 viewsjudd

Pitch update on 15:42 - Feb 15 by KenBoon

Don't the Football and Rugby League clubs play at different stadiums?

Yes

Poll: What is it to be then?

Pitch update on 15:50 - Feb 15 with 2020 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch update on 15:26 - Feb 15 by KenBoon

Will be interesting to see the state of the Accy pitch after today's game.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pitch update on 15:57 - Feb 15 with 1976 views49thseason

This Storm Dennis is dreadful. Its making the leaves rustle on the holly tree outside my window, and there are some raindrops on my car. If it gets much worse, I might have to put a coat on when I nip out to put the rubbish in the bin.
Thank heavens I'm not at the COA this afternoon watching football like thousands of daft people who dont have such a caring, forward planning board of directors as we do. I hope their scarves dont get caught in the breeze and catch someone in the eye. You cant be too careful in weather like this. Stay safe everyone!
Pitch update on 16:01 - Feb 15 with 1940 viewssince58

Pitch update on 15:50 - Feb 15 by dingdangblue

Will be interesting to see the state of the Accy pitch after today's game.

No matter what state its in after todays game ,it was obviously in a better state
than ours at 3 p.m.
Pitch update on 16:03 - Feb 15 with 1922 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch update on 15:57 - Feb 15 by 49thseason

This Storm Dennis is dreadful. Its making the leaves rustle on the holly tree outside my window, and there are some raindrops on my car. If it gets much worse, I might have to put a coat on when I nip out to put the rubbish in the bin.
Thank heavens I'm not at the COA this afternoon watching football like thousands of daft people who dont have such a caring, forward planning board of directors as we do. I hope their scarves dont get caught in the breeze and catch someone in the eye. You cant be too careful in weather like this. Stay safe everyone!

Riddlers' nerves are shot to pieces. He's resorted to a stiff Bacardi breezer with a drizzle on Baillie St. apparently?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Pitch update on 16:14 - Feb 15 with 1875 viewsFrites

Personally I am glad we are not playing - particularly given our style of play! It would have been an absolute lottery and the damage to the pitch would have made every home game from now to the end of the season even more difficult to put on.
We are where we are re the pitch, the sensible decision was to postpone, let's hope the other matches go our way.
Pitch update on 16:14 - Feb 15 with 1868 views49thseason

Storm Dennis: update from the omnipresent BBC... heavy rain and a breeze with the possibility of a sunny spell around 5 pm
What with this awful weather and the need to stay inside for the next 3 months to avoid the Ben Shaws virus, life is becoming unbearable.
Thank God for the BBC. I think I will send them some more money by way of a thank you.
Pitch update on 16:21 - Feb 15 with 1824 viewsD_Dale

Pitch update on 16:14 - Feb 15 by Frites

Personally I am glad we are not playing - particularly given our style of play! It would have been an absolute lottery and the damage to the pitch would have made every home game from now to the end of the season even more difficult to put on.
We are where we are re the pitch, the sensible decision was to postpone, let's hope the other matches go our way.

Agree - Tranmere players aren't unfamiliar with a more-mud-than-grass surface:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/tranmere-rovers/1193
Pitch update on 16:23 - Feb 15 with 1816 viewssince58

Pitch update on 16:14 - Feb 15 by Frites

Personally I am glad we are not playing _particularlygiven our style of play.
So am i.
Pitch update on 16:33 - Feb 15 with 1754 viewsrochdaleriddler

Pitch update on 16:03 - Feb 15 by DaleiLama

Riddlers' nerves are shot to pieces. He's resorted to a stiff Bacardi breezer with a drizzle on Baillie St. apparently?

A few American IPA in the pint pot, I’m ready for anything

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Pitch update on 16:42 - Feb 15 with 1723 viewsDaleFan7

Sounds like an entertaining game at Stanley, in the conditions.
Pitch update on 16:44 - Feb 15 with 1713 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch update on 14:43 - Feb 15 by dingdangblue

He's been Scunthorpe's groundsman since then.

Regarding today, even discounting the waterlogged pitch I'm not too fussed it hasn't been played. The game would have been an awful spectacle in these conditions and I'd rather play Tranmere on a normal day/night and not make the game a lottery. It will be interesting if any games are halted during 90mins today - also will be keen to see the EFL show on Quest tonight just to see how many games were affected by the horrendous conditions (with regards to farcical goals).
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 14:54]

Pretty entertaining game at Accy (at least in terms of goals) by the look of it tbf

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pitch update on 16:49 - Feb 15 with 1675 viewssince58

Pitch update on 16:33 - Feb 15 by rochdaleriddler

A few American IPA in the pint pot, I’m ready for anything

Was it Samuel Adams., had some in Boston U. S. A. recently, nice pint.
Pitch update on 16:50 - Feb 15 with 1670 viewsdingdangblue

Good scores so far today - no one in the bottom 10 winning.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Pitch update on 16:56 - Feb 15 with 1643 viewsSuddenLad

Accrington won.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Pitch update on 16:57 - Feb 15 with 1636 viewssince58

Pitch update on 16:42 - Feb 15 by DaleFan7

Sounds like an entertaining game at Stanley, in the conditions.

Exactly that's what football is all about playing and adjusting to different conditions.
I,ts not crown green bowling ffs.
Pitch update on 17:06 - Feb 15 with 1592 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch update on 16:56 - Feb 15 by SuddenLad

Accrington won.

11 mins of added time.

Pitch update on 17:44 - Feb 15 with 1486 viewsmingthemerciless

Pitch update on 16:01 - Feb 15 by since58

No matter what state its in after todays game ,it was obviously in a better state
than ours at 3 p.m.

According to the radio the Accy pitch held up really well. They reckon the work was money well spent.
Pitch update on 17:52 - Feb 15 with 1450 viewssince58

Pitch update on 17:44 - Feb 15 by mingthemerciless

According to the radio the Accy pitch held up really well. They reckon the work was money well spent.

Someone or some people need to be be held accountable for the state of the pitch
and the money wasted. its nothing short of criminal.
Pitch update on 17:57 - Feb 15 with 1418 viewsWalboro

Pitch update on 17:06 - Feb 15 by dingdangblue

11 mins of added time.

Accrington must have been playing next goal wins
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 17:58]
Pitch update on 18:02 - Feb 15 with 1391 viewsrochdaleriddler

Pitch update on 16:49 - Feb 15 by since58

Was it Samuel Adams., had some in Boston U. S. A. recently, nice pint.

No it was from slaithwaite

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Pitch update on 18:13 - Feb 15 with 1356 viewssince58

Pitch update on 18:02 - Feb 15 by rochdaleriddler

No it was from slaithwaite

Not far from Manchester by the sea then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024