Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre 10:15 - Feb 19 with 5099 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/52007/manager-interviews-st

The latest of Fitzo's trips down managerial memory lane... although not sure any of us needed reminding of Neal Trotman!

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 19:21 - Feb 19 with 1636 viewspioneer

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 14:46 - Feb 19 by SaxonDale

Think that was under Beech.

As for Eyre- the worst manager we've ever had. I think time has probably been kind for him as we almost forget how abject performances were, how out of their depth signings were and just how many mistakes he made. With the exception of Benali (who was nowhere near ready at the time) I don't think any/many players signed went onto play at a higher level at any point of their careers.

presumably you are not old enough to remember Walter Joyce.
Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 19:38 - Feb 19 with 1596 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Great interview fitz, interesting to see how the incredibly stubborn Steve Parkin accepts his errors and mistakes, in one of your previous interviews, and yet FRMSE blames most things but himself.

He was appalling as a manager, soft lad was a prick but at least had a clue, albeit with a club that accepts his behaviour.

Have you got an interview with Coleman lined up fitz? Look forward to reading that.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 19:46 - Feb 19 with 1572 viewsfitzochris

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 19:38 - Feb 19 by Thacks_Rabbits

Great interview fitz, interesting to see how the incredibly stubborn Steve Parkin accepts his errors and mistakes, in one of your previous interviews, and yet FRMSE blames most things but himself.

He was appalling as a manager, soft lad was a prick but at least had a clue, albeit with a club that accepts his behaviour.

Have you got an interview with Coleman lined up fitz? Look forward to reading that.

That’s coming next week.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 20:01 - Feb 19 with 1549 viewsjudd

Love City, me.

They've just converted to Brexit.

Great work as ever, Fitzo. Really enjoy your work.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 20:25 - Feb 19 with 1500 viewsfitzochris

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 20:01 - Feb 19 by judd

Love City, me.

They've just converted to Brexit.

Great work as ever, Fitzo. Really enjoy your work.

Thanks. All part of my illustrious literary career*.

*Trade Mark: Tony Roch.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 20:37 - Feb 19 with 1462 viewsscarrow

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 19:38 - Feb 19 by Thacks_Rabbits

Parkin respected in football
Eyre...

Poll: Final position

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 21:32 - Feb 19 with 1395 viewsBigDaveMyCock

A few things shone out for me.
I’m pretty sure he mentions Man City more than Dale - in a Dale interview. The first bit is the wrench that was leaving Man City and the last bit is what he did at Man City (still not convinced by some of this).
His view of what constitutes a good player is still questionable. He inaccurately raises the point of him inheriting a 35 year old Gary Jones. I can only assume he does this because he thought Jones’s age was an issue (although he rather oddly praises him later on). Gary Jones captained Dale to promotion and their joint highest finish the previous season. More importantly, he then went on to captain Bradford City to a League Cup final and promotion. David Tutte and Ashley Grimes, on the other hand, are forwarded as good Rochdale players. I think it’s fair to say that they really were not, or, if they were, it was certainly for not long enough. It’s also worth mentioning that their respective careers have fizzled out before they’ve reached 30.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 21:39]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 21:58 - Feb 19 with 1369 viewsTVOS1907

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 21:32 - Feb 19 by BigDaveMyCock

A few things shone out for me.
I’m pretty sure he mentions Man City more than Dale - in a Dale interview. The first bit is the wrench that was leaving Man City and the last bit is what he did at Man City (still not convinced by some of this).
His view of what constitutes a good player is still questionable. He inaccurately raises the point of him inheriting a 35 year old Gary Jones. I can only assume he does this because he thought Jones’s age was an issue (although he rather oddly praises him later on). Gary Jones captained Dale to promotion and their joint highest finish the previous season. More importantly, he then went on to captain Bradford City to a League Cup final and promotion. David Tutte and Ashley Grimes, on the other hand, are forwarded as good Rochdale players. I think it’s fair to say that they really were not, or, if they were, it was certainly for not long enough. It’s also worth mentioning that their respective careers have fizzled out before they’ve reached 30.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 21:39]

BigDaveTutte?

I think, in this instance, their careers have 'fitzled' out.

Tutte is still playing in the EFL for Morecambe, but I've no idea of Grimes' whereabouts. Is he still with bury?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 22:33 - Feb 19 with 1313 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 21:58 - Feb 19 by TVOS1907

BigDaveTutte?

I think, in this instance, their careers have 'fitzled' out.

Tutte is still playing in the EFL for Morecambe, but I've no idea of Grimes' whereabouts. Is he still with bury?

Tutte has rarely played for Morecambe and has recently been transfer listed. Morecambe will likely be his last league club. He’s only 29.
Grimes brilliantly didn’t score for Bury FC (deceased). He did 200% better at Walsall, amassing a hefty 2 goals in his time there. He then went to Barrow, Southport and that famous Scottish club Edinburgh City where the case goes cold in 2018.
Interesting fact. Our Ashley did score more goals in his relatively short career than Kelvin’s Andrews has done in his relatively long one.
I wonder if Coleman will bang on as much about Accy as Eyre did about City?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 22:36]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 22:33 - Feb 19 with 1311 viewsfinberty

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 20:37 - Feb 19 by scarrow

Parkin respected in football
Eyre...

....respected by Wagg and the crew at Matey FM; Gowling, Dearden.

Oh, and Superjohn.
Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 22:43 - Feb 19 with 1296 viewsnordenblue

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 22:33 - Feb 19 by finberty

....respected by Wagg and the crew at Matey FM; Gowling, Dearden.

Oh, and Superjohn.

That's probably only because of daddy....
Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 22:47 - Feb 19 with 1284 viewsTVOS1907

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 22:33 - Feb 19 by BigDaveMyCock

Tutte has rarely played for Morecambe and has recently been transfer listed. Morecambe will likely be his last league club. He’s only 29.
Grimes brilliantly didn’t score for Bury FC (deceased). He did 200% better at Walsall, amassing a hefty 2 goals in his time there. He then went to Barrow, Southport and that famous Scottish club Edinburgh City where the case goes cold in 2018.
Interesting fact. Our Ashley did score more goals in his relatively short career than Kelvin’s Andrews has done in his relatively long one.
I wonder if Coleman will bang on as much about Accy as Eyre did about City?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 22:36]

Doubt it.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 06:14 - Feb 20 with 1161 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 13:09 - Feb 19 by kiwidale

That picture sums up Eyre's tenure, what successful manager wears a pullover he might as well have gone the whole hog and worn a cardigan.

It worked well enough for Bob Paisley!
Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 07:19 - Feb 20 with 1134 viewskiwidale

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 06:14 - Feb 20 by Albert_Whitehurst

and he smoked a pipe or have I just made that up?

This is not the time for bickering.

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 10:02 - Feb 20 with 1048 viewsD_Alien

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 06:14 - Feb 20 by Albert_Whitehurst

Not to mention Pep Guardiola

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 20:11 - Feb 20 with 857 viewskiwidale

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 10:02 - Feb 20 by D_Alien

Not to mention Pep Guardiola

Did you mean zur Seite fahren? technically Pep wears a Jumper it's an easy mistake to make.

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 20:13 - Feb 20 with 855 viewsScunnydale

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 20:11 - Feb 20 by kiwidale

Did you mean zur Seite fahren? technically Pep wears a Jumper it's an easy mistake to make.

Drive to the side?
Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 20:43 - Feb 20 with 822 viewsD_Alien

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 20:11 - Feb 20 by kiwidale

I was referring to him wearing pullovers, like Eyre, but reading back, i've replied to a comment about a cardigan

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 21:07 - Feb 20 with 783 viewskiwidale

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 20:13 - Feb 20 by Scunnydale

Drive to the side?

Ah! this is what happens when you know jack shit and trying to be clever use google translate. English pullover to German = zur Seite fahren. German zur Seite fahren to English = pull over or drive to the side which kind of ruins the gag Pep has never worn a drive to the side.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2020 22:05]

Manager Interviews: Steve Eyre on 00:14 - Feb 21 with 700 viewsSandyman

Let's face it: Anyone who's heard the words of Eyre on Radio Bolton / Manchester can tell he is just a wordsmith. Can talk football for England. In practice? Where Dale are concerned, most of what he actually did in practice was rubbish. Biggest squad in the club's history and he did jack with them.
The actions we saw from the team under his charge on the pitch apart from the odd game was horrendous. We were 0-2 down V Orient after 66 minutes. The verbose tactical genius you hear on Radio Bolton made a crucial tactical change and we make a sub to play with 4 centre backs for the back 4 to chase the game. We didn't win.
We had a tendency to concede early when he was using his tactical genius (see previous post from TVOS) . I noted his reaction was to put his hands in his pockets and stare at the ground to inspire his charges when such occasions arose.
The Yeovil game he mentions. Their goalkeeper was injured and played the second half with one hand yet we still ended up 0-0. Then Eyre was quite rightly sacked. Watched the game from Willbutts Lane and boy, it was rank. I've seen some **** in my time following Dale but that was up there with the worst. How he didn't resign at 16:55 that day is beyond belief. He was so out of his depth.
Let's be honest, forget his verbal BS, Eyre was our worst manager ever.
Balkenstien
Bergkamp
Trotman
Benali
Twaddle
"I'm Ashley and I'm lazy"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024