Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Promotion for Leeds? 14:54 - Mar 14 with 7252 viewsBadlands

https://www.footballinsider247.com/leeds-united-may-be-promoted-without-playing-
'A Premier League source has told Football Insider that various drastic plans and scenarios will be on the agenda, including the possibility of promoting Leeds and West Brom in the event the campaign is ended.'
While I can understand crowning Liverpool with they massive lead over others in the PL both Leeds and WBA could be caught.
At this stage last season Leeds were 2nd and 2 points better off - they failed to get promotion

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Promotion for Leeds? on 22:23 - Mar 14 with 1547 viewsbuilthjack

Perhaps they will roll out the Pools Panel

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Promotion for Leeds? on 22:27 - Mar 14 with 1543 views1964white

Promotion for Leeds? on 22:18 - Mar 14 by NotLoyal

Deep breath, tongue, cheek, wink.
But you are Leeds.

57 years mate

I think voiding the season would break me, unsure I could stomach football anymore tbh
Promotion for Leeds? on 22:30 - Mar 14 with 1536 views1964white

Promotion for Leeds? on 22:22 - Mar 14 by PozuelosSideys

If the season fails to finish, there will be far bigger issues that promo/relegation/champions etc

The media dont give a to55 about outside teh PL and PL clubs get 80-90% of their income directly from tv so if the remaining games dont get played, not such a killer.EPL teams will suffer massively as their main income stream is bums on seats..

I can see a few clubs going bust if the current circumstances are prolonged
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 22:31]
Promotion for Leeds? on 22:32 - Mar 14 with 1534 viewsTNT

Promotion for Leeds? on 22:27 - Mar 14 by 1964white

57 years mate

I think voiding the season would break me, unsure I could stomach football anymore tbh

Were you not paying attention at the end of 2008 season?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Promotion for Leeds? on 22:35 - Mar 14 with 1528 viewsSirjohnalot

FA will do everything they can to finish the season even if it means scrapping the cups for next year, (or replays) making the play offs one leg, or playing into the summer as the legal implications of voiding, or ending the season as it stands will be catastrophic.
Promotion for Leeds? on 22:38 - Mar 14 with 1519 viewsFireboy2

Promotion for Leeds? on 22:35 - Mar 14 by Sirjohnalot

FA will do everything they can to finish the season even if it means scrapping the cups for next year, (or replays) making the play offs one leg, or playing into the summer as the legal implications of voiding, or ending the season as it stands will be catastrophic.

How do you know this?
Promotion for Leeds? on 22:39 - Mar 14 with 1516 views1964white

Promotion for Leeds? on 22:32 - Mar 14 by TNT

Were you not paying attention at the end of 2008 season?

The season you skated League One easily
Promotion for Leeds? on 22:47 - Mar 14 with 1493 views1964white

Promotion for Leeds? on 22:35 - Mar 14 by Sirjohnalot

Bearing in mind much of Europe are affected, they should forward the Euro's to 2021 so the league campaigns can be completed in the summer months if necessary
Login to get fewer ads

Promotion for Leeds? on 22:59 - Mar 14 with 1473 viewsDewi1jack

If the season is declared null and void, does that mean our Yeehaa owners get an extra year of parachute payments as well?

Even if leeds were granted automatic promotion I'd reckon their chances of blowing even that would be quite high, after their last God knows how many seasons.

Hope they aren't given automatic promotion, after making us wait until Brighton away to be crowned Champions BTW

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Promotion for Leeds? on 23:14 - Mar 14 with 1450 viewsTNT

Promotion for Leeds? on 22:59 - Mar 14 by Dewi1jack

If the season is declared null and void, does that mean our Yeehaa owners get an extra year of parachute payments as well?

Even if leeds were granted automatic promotion I'd reckon their chances of blowing even that would be quite high, after their last God knows how many seasons.

Hope they aren't given automatic promotion, after making us wait until Brighton away to be crowned Champions BTW

'Hope they aren't given automatic promotion, after making us wait until Brighton away to be crowned Champions BTW'

Leeds pissed on our parade. We should've celebrated at The Liberty the week before. Doing it at Brighton the following week was great, but scummy Lids stopped us doing it in front of our fans at The Liberty. 1964white conveniently forgot that / needs reminding.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Promotion for Leeds? on 23:43 - Mar 14 with 1414 viewsSirjohnalot

Promotion for Leeds? on 22:38 - Mar 14 by Fireboy2

How do you know this?

Educated guess because if I was Counsel advising any of the teams in or around the promotion spots or got relegated, say by a point with two games in hand, I’d be suing them for compensation.
Promotion for Leeds? on 00:04 - Mar 15 with 1395 viewsTenbySwan

Leeds or West Brom could easily drop into the play offs and fail to go up.

If the season cannot be completed by a certain date it has to be null and void.

There must be something in the rule book about not completing the season.

You cannot have a committee deciding who goes up and down. If Leeds and WBA are promoted Fulham for one would have a grievance.

If the season's games are not completed it has to be declared null and void.

The WRU had indicated 3 weeks ago that all games had to be completed by 23/5. All teams have games until that date because of weather cancellations. With games now cancelled for 3 weeks at least they are not going to finish leagues by that date. They will have to cancel the season ot extend into June.

Has anyone looked at dates that cancelled games could be played?

Week commencing 20/4 and 27/4 we could play midweek
Current final day is 2/5 but we would have to play midweek w/c 4/5 that would complete the 3 games currently postponed. That would then allow time for play off sf before final on 25/5.

If more ganes are postponed it will make it difficult but not impossible. 2 games could be fitted in Friday 8/5 and Monday 11/5 . With play off s/f friday 15/5 and monday 18/5 and the final 25/5. Very tight and not ideal.

Probably much more difficult in league 1 and 2
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 0:39]
Promotion for Leeds? on 09:08 - Mar 15 with 1290 viewsFireboy2

Promotion for Leeds? on 23:43 - Mar 14 by Sirjohnalot

Educated guess because if I was Counsel advising any of the teams in or around the promotion spots or got relegated, say by a point with two games in hand, I’d be suing them for compensation.

Thanks john.

Its going to be interesting.
Promotion for Leeds? on 09:14 - Mar 15 with 1287 viewsSgorioFruit

Carmarthen Town and Cwmaman United are hoping with fingers crossed that the season is null and void. I dare say.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Promotion for Leeds? on 09:16 - Mar 15 with 1285 viewsSgorioFruit

Oh and our victory over Cardiff still stands if the season ended today.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Promotion for Leeds? on 09:22 - Mar 15 with 1275 viewsSTID2017

Promotion for Leeds? on 00:04 - Mar 15 by TenbySwan

Leeds or West Brom could easily drop into the play offs and fail to go up.

If the season cannot be completed by a certain date it has to be null and void.

There must be something in the rule book about not completing the season.

You cannot have a committee deciding who goes up and down. If Leeds and WBA are promoted Fulham for one would have a grievance.

If the season's games are not completed it has to be declared null and void.

The WRU had indicated 3 weeks ago that all games had to be completed by 23/5. All teams have games until that date because of weather cancellations. With games now cancelled for 3 weeks at least they are not going to finish leagues by that date. They will have to cancel the season ot extend into June.

Has anyone looked at dates that cancelled games could be played?

Week commencing 20/4 and 27/4 we could play midweek
Current final day is 2/5 but we would have to play midweek w/c 4/5 that would complete the 3 games currently postponed. That would then allow time for play off sf before final on 25/5.

If more ganes are postponed it will make it difficult but not impossible. 2 games could be fitted in Friday 8/5 and Monday 11/5 . With play off s/f friday 15/5 and monday 18/5 and the final 25/5. Very tight and not ideal.

Probably much more difficult in league 1 and 2
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 0:39]

IMHO, and as much as it grates with me, I think the top three should have automatic promotion with ge bottom three in the Premier coming down.
The same with the other divisions.
We used to do it before the playoffs came in, so makes sense

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Promotion for Leeds? on 09:37 - Mar 15 with 1265 viewsThebus

Promotion for Leeds? on 15:48 - Mar 14 by union_jack

Personally, if the games can’t be played in their entirety then this season should be null and void. That is tough luck especially on Liverpool who couldn’t really lose the title if the season had continued and also on Leeds and WBA. However, there is no way of knowing what would happen especially in The Championship.

Now, whether I’d feel that way if we were in 1st or 2nd I don’t know but my views at present are based on no axe to grind.

If games don’t resume on 3 April, I think the season will be cancelled.
Promotion for Leeds? on 09:50 - Mar 15 with 1251 viewsexiledclaseboy

Delay the Euros until next summer, finish the domestic leagues this summer, streamline next season’s European and domestic cup competitions (one leg ties, no replays and scrap the League Cup for a season if necessary) so that next season finishes on time. Sorted.

Poll: Tory leader

Promotion for Leeds? on 09:59 - Mar 15 with 1244 viewsTimTtam

Promotion for Leeds? on 09:22 - Mar 15 by STID2017

IMHO, and as much as it grates with me, I think the top three should have automatic promotion with ge bottom three in the Premier coming down.
The same with the other divisions.
We used to do it before the playoffs came in, so makes sense

No way can the top 3/4 go up automatically:

3rd place Fulham have a 4pt lead over Brentford and Forest
3rd place Oxford have a 0pt lead over Portsmouth and Fleetwood
8th place Wycombe are 1pt behind 3rd with a game in hand
4th place Exeter have a 1pt lead over Cheltenham, who have a game in hand

The only teams which have substantial leads are Leeds, West Brom, & Coventry.

And if we go into relegation:

17th place Watford have a 0pt (GD of 1) lead over Bournemouth
19th place Aston Villa are 2pts behind 17th with a game in hand
19th, 20th, & 21st place Middlesbrough, Wigan, & Hull, have a 2pt lead over Charlton
20th place AFC Wimbledon have a 3pt lead over Tranmere, who have a game in hand
23rd place Macclesfield have an 8pt lead over Stevenage, who have a game in hand. However Macc have a 4pt suspended penalty, and have recently been charged with misconduct

The only teams which are in big trouble are Norwich, Southend, & Bolton
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 10:05]

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Promotion for Leeds? on 11:48 - Mar 15 with 1180 viewsDyfnant

Duplicate the results for the remaining games from the ones already played. Add in a handicap of if the remaining fixture is away -1 goal to the away team. So as we won 3-1 home to Boro, the away game is given as 2-1 to us. That’s probably one of very few times we gain though

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Promotion for Leeds? on 12:25 - Mar 15 with 1152 viewssainthelens

Increasing rumours that liverpool to be given the title.
Fckn disgrace should that happen. Why 1 rule for them FFS?
Obviously not their fault!
Promotion for Leeds? on 12:25 - Mar 15 with 1151 viewsunion_jack

There’s no way this season should be decided on ‘ifs or maybes’ which if teams are promoted / relegated on current position is exactly what it will be.

Tough but fair!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Promotion for Leeds? on 12:33 - Mar 15 with 1146 views1964white

Promotion for Leeds? on 23:14 - Mar 14 by TNT

'Hope they aren't given automatic promotion, after making us wait until Brighton away to be crowned Champions BTW'

Leeds pissed on our parade. We should've celebrated at The Liberty the week before. Doing it at Brighton the following week was great, but scummy Lids stopped us doing it in front of our fans at The Liberty. 1964white conveniently forgot that / needs reminding.

I'm still unaware what Leeds did to affect your celebrations, we played the Swans in September & December & you won the league by ten points , fourteen points ahead of us.
We then suffered a awful 1-0 defeat in the play-off v Doncaster at Wembley
Promotion for Leeds? on 12:37 - Mar 15 with 1141 views1964white

Promotion for Leeds? on 22:59 - Mar 14 by Dewi1jack

We are made of sterner stuff this season, even my normally pessimistic self is convinced we'll achieve promotion this season, our performances have been of a different level compared to last season all down to Bielsa of course, last season was a learning curve for himself too!
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 12:53]
Promotion for Leeds? on 12:43 - Mar 15 with 1130 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Promotion for Leeds? on 12:33 - Mar 15 by 1964white

I'm still unaware what Leeds did to affect your celebrations, we played the Swans in September & December & you won the league by ten points , fourteen points ahead of us.
We then suffered a awful 1-0 defeat in the play-off v Doncaster at Wembley

We were 16 ahead of you. It may sound like nitpicking but it was important to us because you were deducted 15 points.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024