Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hs2 08:26 - Mar 24 with 612 viewssaint22

Time to cancel that stupid charade now hey Boris
Have a feeling you may need that 110 billion for some far more pressing issues
Hs2 on 08:30 - Mar 24 with 603 viewsBison

You win, you are really starting to wind me up.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Hs2 on 08:30 - Mar 24 with 603 viewsthissceptredsaint

i don't think it's that simple. Do you think the government gets a refund?
Hs2 on 08:34 - Mar 24 with 589 viewssaint22

Hs2 on 08:30 - Mar 24 by Bison

You win, you are really starting to wind me up.

Why? You disagree? You think that’s still a good use of public funds?
Hs2 on 08:36 - Mar 24 with 586 viewsGasGiant

HS2 is essential for capacity expansion on the National Network, and is the most cost effective method of doing this. There is no other way to satisfy demand for both passengers and freight and thereby encourage domestic air passengers out of planes and freight out of lorries. Before you point it out I am talking about the displacement onto HS2 of existing paths on the West Coast Main Line freeing up capacity demand that has been constrained for most of this century.
Hs2 on 08:41 - Mar 24 with 576 viewsHeisenberg

Hs2 on 08:36 - Mar 24 by GasGiant

HS2 is essential for capacity expansion on the National Network, and is the most cost effective method of doing this. There is no other way to satisfy demand for both passengers and freight and thereby encourage domestic air passengers out of planes and freight out of lorries. Before you point it out I am talking about the displacement onto HS2 of existing paths on the West Coast Main Line freeing up capacity demand that has been constrained for most of this century.

Good to see we are learning the lessons from this virus. When it's all done with we must continue cutting up swathes of the countryside in order for people to travel more and consume shite they don't need. More flights, more cruises, more everything. As long as people demand it (or are told they need it more like) then onwards we go. Haven't learned a thing have we.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Hs2 on 08:44 - Mar 24 with 573 viewssaint22

Hs2 on 08:36 - Mar 24 by GasGiant

its needed for the north
all it will do is draw more people south from Birmingham and its of no help to the south east commuter belt and their deprived useless underfunded over subscribed services
Hs2 on 08:49 - Mar 24 with 569 viewsMarcus_y

Hs2 on 08:41 - Mar 24 by Heisenberg

Good to see we are learning the lessons from this virus. When it's all done with we must continue cutting up swathes of the countryside in order for people to travel more and consume shite they don't need. More flights, more cruises, more everything. As long as people demand it (or are told they need it more like) then onwards we go. Haven't learned a thing have we.

"As long as people demand it (or are told they need it more like) "

Sounds like you are saying people are brainwashed by governments. But you said conspiracy theories were for nutters? LOL you do seem a confused type of chap.

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

Hs2 on 09:51 - Mar 24 with 530 viewsGasGiant

Hs2 on 08:41 - Mar 24 by Heisenberg

Yes "people" do demand it both directly and indirectly. Every road that exists in the UK is there because (collectively) somebody "demanded" it. Ditto every piece of infrastructure - gas, electric, water......... Even if we declared a moratorium on all progress and worshipped at the shrine of a 15 year old girl from Sweden we would still need to renew what we already have, or would you just let it decay. As for the increasing population well tough. No more houses. Do you feel the same way about all house building and road schemes as well, because there are a lot more of those than HS2. You can include cruise ships in your list, but don't forget to include container ships as well.
Login to get fewer ads

Hs2 on 10:17 - Mar 24 with 514 viewsHeisenberg

Hs2 on 08:49 - Mar 24 by Marcus_y

"As long as people demand it (or are told they need it more like) "

Sounds like you are saying people are brainwashed by governments. But you said conspiracy theories were for nutters? LOL you do seem a confused type of chap.

Of course Governments lie and advertising is used to brainwash people into buying shite they don't need. Hardly a conspiracy is it though. It's people that see conspiracies in everything that are dangerous. In the US conspiracy theorists are putting forward dangerous and offensive ideas to back up there insane agendas. Like the gun lobby saying school shootings were inside jobs to put pressure on legislators to restrict the sale of weapons. Or somehow the Govt contrived to fly planes into buildings and kill there own citizens to justify its foreign policy. Complete and utter loons.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Hs2 on 10:20 - Mar 24 with 513 viewsMarcus_y

Hs2 on 10:17 - Mar 24 by Heisenberg

Of course Governments lie and advertising is used to brainwash people into buying shite they don't need. Hardly a conspiracy is it though. It's people that see conspiracies in everything that are dangerous. In the US conspiracy theorists are putting forward dangerous and offensive ideas to back up there insane agendas. Like the gun lobby saying school shootings were inside jobs to put pressure on legislators to restrict the sale of weapons. Or somehow the Govt contrived to fly planes into buildings and kill there own citizens to justify its foreign policy. Complete and utter loons.

Sorry but it is the same thing. Governments lie, end of. So who is to say what is and what is not true. You are just being selective according to your beliefs and agendas. You are not looking at things with a truly open mind and objective eye.

Lying about weapons of mass destruction was a bit dangerous. But some still believe it was not a lie. So is that also a conspiracy theory? Just accept it. No one know what is true on any given event the goverment makes statements on.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 10:21]

Hs2 on 10:23 - Mar 24 with 505 viewsMarcus_y

Hs2 on 10:17 - Mar 24 by Heisenberg

"Or somehow the Govt contrived to fly planes into buildings and kill there own citizens to justify its foreign policy. Complete and utter loons."

So they would never lie to justify a foreign policy? Are you sure? WMD? LOL.

Hs2 on 11:45 - Mar 24 with 459 viewsGasGiant

Hs2 on 10:20 - Mar 24 by Marcus_y

Sorry but it is the same thing. Governments lie, end of. So who is to say what is and what is not true. You are just being selective according to your beliefs and agendas. You are not looking at things with a truly open mind and objective eye.

Lying about weapons of mass destruction was a bit dangerous. But some still believe it was not a lie. So is that also a conspiracy theory? Just accept it. No one know what is true on any given event the goverment makes statements on.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 10:21]

You are both as wrong as each other. There has been over 15 years of analysis of demand, demand forecasting , trends and numerous other factors including political imperatives, and because the two of you have clearly not read any of it you both conclude that it is all some kind of big Government conspiracy? The attitude of both of you is "I can't see myself using it therefore it is a waste of money" You could say the same about the Middlesborough by pass. The demand for capacity expansion is there, the requirement for displacement of the WCML is there, the data are there and this is the most economic way of satisfying that demand and all the other requirements of the economy moving forward. This is no "Tory Plot" - the biggest and by far from the only proponents of the scheme are the Labour Mayors of Manchester Liverpool and West Midlands and even those opposed the actual route of HS2 still agree we have to build something. I have read some of them as well and I am not persuaded. I think we have more or less got it right now, though it has taken 10 years of discussion and counter argument to get there.
Hs2 on 11:48 - Mar 24 with 457 viewsMarcus_y

Hs2 on 11:45 - Mar 24 by GasGiant

You are both as wrong as each other. There has been over 15 years of analysis of demand, demand forecasting , trends and numerous other factors including political imperatives, and because the two of you have clearly not read any of it you both conclude that it is all some kind of big Government conspiracy? The attitude of both of you is "I can't see myself using it therefore it is a waste of money" You could say the same about the Middlesborough by pass. The demand for capacity expansion is there, the requirement for displacement of the WCML is there, the data are there and this is the most economic way of satisfying that demand and all the other requirements of the economy moving forward. This is no "Tory Plot" - the biggest and by far from the only proponents of the scheme are the Labour Mayors of Manchester Liverpool and West Midlands and even those opposed the actual route of HS2 still agree we have to build something. I have read some of them as well and I am not persuaded. I think we have more or less got it right now, though it has taken 10 years of discussion and counter argument to get there.

How am I wrong in what I have been saying? Read again please. You really think you know it all don't you.

Hs2 on 11:52 - Mar 24 with 454 viewsMarcus_y

Hs2 on 11:45 - Mar 24 by GasGiant

"The attitude of both of you is "I can't see myself using it therefore it is a waste of money"

Now then ... show me where I said I would never use it and that it was a waste of money.

Hs2 on 12:58 - Mar 24 with 425 viewsGasGiant

Hs2 on 11:52 - Mar 24 by Marcus_y

"The attitude of both of you is "I can't see myself using it therefore it is a waste of money"

Now then ... show me where I said I would never use it and that it was a waste of money.

WHen you understand the difference between an attitude and a quotation we can have a discussion. Take your time and give it some thought.
Hs2 on 13:03 - Mar 24 with 424 viewsMarcus_y

Hs2 on 12:58 - Mar 24 by GasGiant

WHen you understand the difference between an attitude and a quotation we can have a discussion. Take your time and give it some thought.

Basically you got it wrong and now try to use clever words to hide your shame.

Hs2 on 17:37 - Mar 24 with 358 viewskentsouthampton

Hs2 on 13:03 - Mar 24 by Marcus_y

Basically you got it wrong and now try to use clever words to hide your shame.

Is there something wrong with you?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024