Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PL statement 17:14 - Apr 3 with 1105 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52148955?isBumped=0&postFreq=0&isEmpty=0&is

Looks as if this season will resume when it's safe to do so. Resume the season in say August, have a winter break in October and begin the next season in November without any cup competitions (to finish the PL in time) so that we get back to normal in 2021 / 22.

Donating money to NHS, lower leagues and players helping is good too but probably should be more.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 17:30]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

PL statement on 17:31 - Apr 3 with 1086 viewsMessysaints

Most important thing in all this, is the 750 million the club's will save from not voiding the season... Big respect that.....

Money, money, money, must be money..............

The priority of English football.
PL statement on 17:37 - Apr 3 with 1067 viewsSaintsforeverj

PL statement on 17:31 - Apr 3 by Messysaints

Most important thing in all this, is the 750 million the club's will save from not voiding the season... Big respect that.....

Money, money, money, must be money..............

The priority of English football.

Yes very true but imagine if we were Leeds, WBA, (who cares about Liverpool), Sheff Utd or a team top of the lower leagues expecting promotion? I think you have to give teams like WBA the chance to get over the line. Not going up this season could mean they never come back. It's about fairness too. Norwich as it stands dont deserve another PL season. Who gets a champions league place? Sheff Utd are 5th if they win their game in hand. They will be nowhere near next season. Makes sense to finish the season I think.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 17:41]

PL statement on 17:46 - Apr 3 with 1040 viewsMessysaints

PL statement on 17:37 - Apr 3 by Saintsforeverj

Yes very true but imagine if we were Leeds, WBA, (who cares about Liverpool), Sheff Utd or a team top of the lower leagues expecting promotion? I think you have to give teams like WBA the chance to get over the line. Not going up this season could mean they never come back. It's about fairness too. Norwich as it stands dont deserve another PL season. Who gets a champions league place? Sheff Utd are 5th if they win their game in hand. They will be nowhere near next season. Makes sense to finish the season I think.

If they have spent more than they can afford and gambled on promotion and failed would they get promoted out of generosity? If I remortgage my home and dump it all on luck dips will I be 100% certain my gamble paid off? Come on... This is pure greed from EPL and championship clubs and the 125 mill to the lower leagues is a bribe to not force the season to be voided.
PL statement on 17:53 - Apr 3 with 1020 viewsSaintsforeverj

PL statement on 17:46 - Apr 3 by Messysaints

If they have spent more than they can afford and gambled on promotion and failed would they get promoted out of generosity? If I remortgage my home and dump it all on luck dips will I be 100% certain my gamble paid off? Come on... This is pure greed from EPL and championship clubs and the 125 mill to the lower leagues is a bribe to not force the season to be voided.

It is greed yes, but even so, I don't think we should deny Leeds and WBA the chance for promotion or Sheff Utd the chance to finish 5th. As a football fan, imagine if we were in West Brom's position. We would be devastated not getting the promotion we deserved. Obviously Liverpool are on the verge of their first title in 30 years, I would love them not to get it and if it only affected them, I would say void the season, but you can't just void the season without a whole load of agro and legal challenges from clubs. Just finish the season then nothing can be disputed and we carry on.

And plus, West ham might go down!
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 18:00]

PL statement on 18:35 - Apr 3 with 956 viewsMessysaints

PL statement on 17:53 - Apr 3 by Saintsforeverj

It is greed yes, but even so, I don't think we should deny Leeds and WBA the chance for promotion or Sheff Utd the chance to finish 5th. As a football fan, imagine if we were in West Brom's position. We would be devastated not getting the promotion we deserved. Obviously Liverpool are on the verge of their first title in 30 years, I would love them not to get it and if it only affected them, I would say void the season, but you can't just void the season without a whole load of agro and legal challenges from clubs. Just finish the season then nothing can be disputed and we carry on.

And plus, West ham might go down!
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 18:00]

But the competition is already over, we have not had a game in ages. Players won't even be match fit by the time it resumes. Have you watched pre season football? It's hardly entertaining watching players all out of practise...

Not to mention the injured players no longer injured.

What about expiring contracts? What about the transfer windows? Teams might not even be the same when it resumes...
PL statement on 21:46 - Apr 3 with 858 viewscocklebreath

Bollox does it, it’s over start next season when we can forget this one, fair or not it’s the only way.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

PL statement on 08:28 - Apr 4 with 721 viewsCapt_Koons

The sensible idea would be to call this season off. Bad for Livetpool, Leeds, WBA, but that's life, tough.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

PL statement on 10:03 - Apr 4 with 694 viewsOlliekhent

PL statement on 18:35 - Apr 3 by Messysaints

But the competition is already over, we have not had a game in ages. Players won't even be match fit by the time it resumes. Have you watched pre season football? It's hardly entertaining watching players all out of practise...

Not to mention the injured players no longer injured.

What about expiring contracts? What about the transfer windows? Teams might not even be the same when it resumes...

I have to agree with this entirely. If and when this season restarts there will be a lot of unfair issues that come up, exactly as you have alluded to.

The only bad air around here is you guys farting around.

Login to get fewer ads

PL statement on 10:20 - Apr 4 with 688 viewsTripleNiemi

Bollox

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

PL statement on 13:38 - Apr 4 with 660 viewsSaintsforeverj

PL statement on 10:20 - Apr 4 by TripleNiemi

Bollox

In your opinion. Why are you so against finishing the season? What should we do about season ticket holders refunds? What about sky subscription refunds, BT sport? If the seasons is void surely there should be a complete refund on everything? So much to sort out if the season doesn't finish. So teams like Saints, then have even more of excuse to be skint if they have to give refunds and lose sky money.

PL statement on 13:43 - Apr 4 with 652 viewsRonManager

Sky are offering a suspension of their sports channels, saves me £28 a month. Not sure but I think I heard that BT are as well.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 13:44]

I can remember when the internet was all fields

PL statement on 13:46 - Apr 4 with 647 views1885_SFC

PL statement on 13:38 - Apr 4 by Saintsforeverj

In your opinion. Why are you so against finishing the season? What should we do about season ticket holders refunds? What about sky subscription refunds, BT sport? If the seasons is void surely there should be a complete refund on everything? So much to sort out if the season doesn't finish. So teams like Saints, then have even more of excuse to be skint if they have to give refunds and lose sky money.

Maybe the fairest way forward is to partially refund season ticket holders for the remaining games? As for SKY and BT Sport... they're both massive Companies who will just have to suck it up! The world is experiencing unprecedented times - life changing times - where peoples lives are more important than money or shareholder's dividends.

Old School is Cool

PL statement on 13:58 - Apr 4 with 637 viewsSaintsforeverj

PL statement on 13:46 - Apr 4 by 1885_SFC

Maybe the fairest way forward is to partially refund season ticket holders for the remaining games? As for SKY and BT Sport... they're both massive Companies who will just have to suck it up! The world is experiencing unprecedented times - life changing times - where peoples lives are more important than money or shareholder's dividends.

Yep but if they lose subscriptions, they then have a right to pay less to each club, then each club, especially Saints will say they have lost money and will need to sell players. All for the sake of not playing the last 9 games.

PL statement on 15:37 - Apr 4 with 601 viewsTripleNiemi

PL statement on 13:58 - Apr 4 by Saintsforeverj

Yep but if they lose subscriptions, they then have a right to pay less to each club, then each club, especially Saints will say they have lost money and will need to sell players. All for the sake of not playing the last 9 games.

And just maybe then the greedy fookin players might have to get with reality hey?

We can but dream. Health for the masses means far more (to me at least) than the greedy PL, Sky, BT, Players (and possibly yourself?)

Not having a pop, but fcuk the league off now. The health of the masses should come first and foremost.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

PL statement on 15:51 - Apr 4 with 594 viewsSaintsforeverj

PL statement on 15:37 - Apr 4 by TripleNiemi

And just maybe then the greedy fookin players might have to get with reality hey?

We can but dream. Health for the masses means far more (to me at least) than the greedy PL, Sky, BT, Players (and possibly yourself?)

Not having a pop, but fcuk the league off now. The health of the masses should come first and foremost.

Of course the health of the masses comes first. So we don't resume games until safe to do so. But we can still finish the season, when safe.

Players are greedy and definitely should help. I see Liverpool are furloughing their non playing staff. This is a club that turns over hundreds of millions, asking the taxpayer to pay. That's disgraceful but clubs are greedy. But you know what Gao and other clubs will do if they lose money, they will just put a useless team on the pitch and take more from us anyway. A team like Liverpool will put prices up and get their money from tourists come what may. Their players will still get their rediculous salaries.

Why not keep the masses safe and finish the season as well? Money aside, I know I would feel peeved if I was a West Brom fan. You can still finish the season and keep the masses safe too.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 15:56]

PL statement on 17:35 - Apr 4 with 549 viewsMessysaints

PL statement on 15:51 - Apr 4 by Saintsforeverj

Of course the health of the masses comes first. So we don't resume games until safe to do so. But we can still finish the season, when safe.

Players are greedy and definitely should help. I see Liverpool are furloughing their non playing staff. This is a club that turns over hundreds of millions, asking the taxpayer to pay. That's disgraceful but clubs are greedy. But you know what Gao and other clubs will do if they lose money, they will just put a useless team on the pitch and take more from us anyway. A team like Liverpool will put prices up and get their money from tourists come what may. Their players will still get their rediculous salaries.

Why not keep the masses safe and finish the season as well? Money aside, I know I would feel peeved if I was a West Brom fan. You can still finish the season and keep the masses safe too.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 15:56]

Can you really see sky and co, huge sponsors of the EPL turn round and cut funding all in the middle of the public eye, with after effects that'll harm it's business for ever? Not just in the UK, but around the world?

If the club's, players and leagues all come together and agree to void and split winnings so those most in need can still be paid? I am sure the public response would be a millions times better than now, only ppl happy atm are the fans of clubs looking to make millions from either promotion or winning the title, so these clubs feel no ill effect but gain while the rest suffer, either by a small margin or big, eventually it will be felt down all the leagues, less money for all.

Atm football is the only ones thinking of them selfs, while every one else is feeling the effects, players, and clubs should be shamed, lowest as always with the rich, kicked out on arse, disgusting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024