Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday 17:04 - Apr 30 with 6856 viewsOccasional_Showers

The people’s government delivering for the people.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 17:06 - Apr 30 with 2109 viewsJaySaint

monumental effort from almost nothing

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 17:26 - Apr 30 with 2093 viewsSadoldgit

Testing is one thing but it needs to be followed with contact tracing.
81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 17:42 - Apr 30 with 2078 views1885_SFC

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 17:26 - Apr 30 by Sadoldgit

Government: "As a thank you to all for staying indoors and saving the NHS - the government will be giving every person a cash gift of £10,000 tax free".

Sadoldgit: "Ridiculous. It should be £20,000. Bloody Tories" etc etc...

Old School is Cool

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 17:49 - Apr 30 with 2056 viewsSadoldgit

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 17:42 - Apr 30 by 1885_SFC

Government: "As a thank you to all for staying indoors and saving the NHS - the government will be giving every person a cash gift of £10,000 tax free".

Sadoldgit: "Ridiculous. It should be £20,000. Bloody Tories" etc etc...

Now you are just being silly. Look at what the experts are saying about the need to test and contract trace. You need to do both to help keep a lid on it.
81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 17:55 - Apr 30 with 2047 viewsOccasional_Showers

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 17:26 - Apr 30 by Sadoldgit

So bitter.

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 18:04 - Apr 30 with 2036 views1885_SFC

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 17:49 - Apr 30 by Sadoldgit

Now you are just being silly. Look at what the experts are saying about the need to test and contract trace. You need to do both to help keep a lid on it.

Yeah - but you get my point though - surely?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 18:04]

Old School is Cool

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 18:28 - Apr 30 with 2009 viewsSadoldgit

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 18:04 - Apr 30 by 1885_SFC

Yeah - but you get my point though - surely?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 18:04]

Not really. As they have just said on the BBC news, it is not just about numbers, it is about who you test and how you use the results (as per the South Korea model). We still have a long way to go in this area.
81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 18:44 - Apr 30 with 1996 viewsOccasional_Showers

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 18:28 - Apr 30 by Sadoldgit

Not really. As they have just said on the BBC news, it is not just about numbers, it is about who you test and how you use the results (as per the South Korea model). We still have a long way to go in this area.

When it looked like the government was going to miss the ambitious testing target it was all about the numbers. Now that it looks like we are just about going to get to that target poor old Soggychops is scabbling about trying to find something else to moan about.

I would ask if he’d ever be satisfied, but that question would of course only apply if he was genuinely concerned. Genuine concern or political point scoring is the question with SadMan. The evidence clearly points one way.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 18:45]

Login to get fewer ads

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 19:13 - Apr 30 with 1958 viewspjt50

They've pulled out all the stops to get close to the magical figure by throwing around as many tests as possible, regardless of how useful.

They extended testing to certain categories even if they don't display symptoms. Suppose 1% of them test positive, how does it help the 99% who don't? They may contract the virus later the same day. Do you test them every day, every week,...? Are they supplying enough tests to do this?

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 19:14 - Apr 30 with 1950 viewsJaySaint

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 19:13 - Apr 30 by pjt50

They've pulled out all the stops to get close to the magical figure by throwing around as many tests as possible, regardless of how useful.

They extended testing to certain categories even if they don't display symptoms. Suppose 1% of them test positive, how does it help the 99% who don't? They may contract the virus later the same day. Do you test them every day, every week,...? Are they supplying enough tests to do this?

it is what the people, sorry, MSM wanted.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 21:55 - Apr 30 with 1868 viewsthis_charming_man

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 18:44 - Apr 30 by Occasional_Showers

When it looked like the government was going to miss the ambitious testing target it was all about the numbers. Now that it looks like we are just about going to get to that target poor old Soggychops is scabbling about trying to find something else to moan about.

I would ask if he’d ever be satisfied, but that question would of course only apply if he was genuinely concerned. Genuine concern or political point scoring is the question with SadMan. The evidence clearly points one way.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 18:45]

He won’t be satisfied because in his own mind he does know what a good achievement is, I’ve asked him five times to say what the government could have done better, what a good result would be and he’s dodged it every time, saying he’s not an expert. Funnily enough he doesn’t say that he’s whining about how terrible they are doing. If you don’t have an expectation of what good looks like you can’t say it’s a shambles because you don’t know what a good result would be.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 22:25 - Apr 30 with 1847 viewsOccasional_Showers

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 21:55 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

He won’t be satisfied because in his own mind he does know what a good achievement is, I’ve asked him five times to say what the government could have done better, what a good result would be and he’s dodged it every time, saying he’s not an expert. Funnily enough he doesn’t say that he’s whining about how terrible they are doing. If you don’t have an expectation of what good looks like you can’t say it’s a shambles because you don’t know what a good result would be.

Game, set and match.

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 22:50 - Apr 30 with 1826 viewspjt50

To be fair, I doubt if anybody on here is sufficiently expert (any epidemiologists, virologists, etc. please feel free to correct me) to counter the government's fall-back position that “we're following the science”.

This is the reason why there should be more transparency — in particular by publishing the minutes of SAGE. They can do it for the Scottish equivalent. In truth I doubt if many people would be that interested, but the government seems to think we're somehow not adult enough to be shown the discussions on which they're basing their decisions. Of course any bits which might impact security could be redacted.

If we had access to this information we could all have a more informed discussion.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 23:00 - Apr 30 with 1810 viewsSadoldgit

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 21:55 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

Dear God, do you ever read back what you have written? You continuously completely miss the point.

OS. If you read my earlier points I was saying what the experts have been telling us from the start, it is all about testing and contact tracing (the right people). This just to seem like a point scoring game by both of you. Can’t you find something better to do?
81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 23:02 - Apr 30 with 1809 viewsthis_charming_man

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 23:00 - Apr 30 by Sadoldgit

Dear God, do you ever read back what you have written? You continuously completely miss the point.

OS. If you read my earlier points I was saying what the experts have been telling us from the start, it is all about testing and contact tracing (the right people). This just to seem like a point scoring game by both of you. Can’t you find something better to do?

So what do you think the government could have done better and what would you consider a good result to have been? It isn’t hard to answer. Your opinion is it’s a shambles so what wouldn’t have been a shambles? Your opinion not a guardian cut and paste.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 23:11]

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 23:09 - Apr 30 with 1803 viewscocklebreath

Soggy wants his bins picked up daily

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 23:28 - Apr 30 with 1791 viewsSadoldgit

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 23:02 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

So what do you think the government could have done better and what would you consider a good result to have been? It isn’t hard to answer. Your opinion is it’s a shambles so what wouldn’t have been a shambles? Your opinion not a guardian cut and paste.

Watch tonight’s Question Time. Trust me. You really, really need to. Please, do yourself a favour.
81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 23:33 - Apr 30 with 1787 viewsthis_charming_man

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 23:28 - Apr 30 by Sadoldgit

Watch tonight’s Question Time. Trust me. You really, really need to. Please, do yourself a favour.

Let me guess, a Tory MP getting absolutely slaughtered by a hand picked left wing panel and audience?

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 23:35 - Apr 30 with 1786 views1885_SFC

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 23:33 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

Let me guess, a Tory MP getting absolutely slaughtered by a hand picked left wing panel and audience?

Damn. How did you guess???

Old School is Cool

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 23:51 - Apr 30 with 1779 viewsSadoldgit

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 23:33 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

Perhaps instead of reacting like a child you should watch the programme. Especially listen to Sir Paul Nurse. You won’t of course because you are not interested in anything that might depart from the party line.
81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 08:57 - May 1 with 1721 viewshuelinsaint

A good result would have been what they promised, this 81,000 is a fair effort,not monumental as put earlier in the thread
Now could you please have a day off defending the government
81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 09:11 - May 1 with 1711 viewsthis_charming_man

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 08:57 - May 1 by huelinsaint

A good result would have been what they promised, this 81,000 is a fair effort,not monumental as put earlier in the thread
Now could you please have a day off defending the government

It'd be interesting to finally get Soggys view, but as i've asked him 5 times now and hes avoided it i doubt that will happen.

I agree and that is pretty much my view of how the government have handed it, a fair responses, not brilliant not terrible, mistakes have been made but a lot of good has been done in difficult circumstances.

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 09:13 - May 1 with 1708 viewsSadoldgit

My opinion of what is a good figure is neither here nor there. Did you watch QT last night? According to people who know better than you or I, the target of 100,000 was arbitrary and apparently plucked out of the air “because it sounds good”. What is required is a strategy whereby you combine testing with contract tracing in a concerted effort to track down and containing the virus. There are successful models of this in S Korea and Germany so not difficult to adopt their tried and tested methods. Either hitting or not hitting 100,000 tests on its own really makes no difference to anything.
81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 09:18 - May 1 with 1706 viewsthis_charming_man

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 09:13 - May 1 by Sadoldgit

My opinion of what is a good figure is neither here nor there. Did you watch QT last night? According to people who know better than you or I, the target of 100,000 was arbitrary and apparently plucked out of the air “because it sounds good”. What is required is a strategy whereby you combine testing with contract tracing in a concerted effort to track down and containing the virus. There are successful models of this in S Korea and Germany so not difficult to adopt their tried and tested methods. Either hitting or not hitting 100,000 tests on its own really makes no difference to anything.

So if you dont know what good would be then how can you have an opinion that the current situation is a shambles as you regularly put it? Clearly you must have at least a vague view of what a shambles wouldn't be.

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 10:15 - May 1 with 1687 viewsOccasional_Showers

Well done Matt Hancock. He set that huge target knowing it would need a gargantuan effort to hit it and yesterday that 100k target was smashed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024