Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which period of Saints history 08:37 - May 2 with 833 viewscocklebreath

Did you enjoy most?
I’d have to go for the first 3 years at St Mary’s.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Which period of Saints history on 09:30 - May 2 with 813 viewsButty101

I was a bit to young to appreciate the early 80s. For me it was 1990 when we played 4-2-4 . Had a fantastic young team that scored and conceded loads. I remember Chris Nicol wanting McPherson of hearts, saying it would make us title contenders. However the board didn’t back him.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Which period of Saints history on 12:39 - May 2 with 770 viewsSaint_Beaker

Which period of Saints history on 09:30 - May 2 by Butty101

I was a bit to young to appreciate the early 80s. For me it was 1990 when we played 4-2-4 . Had a fantastic young team that scored and conceded loads. I remember Chris Nicol wanting McPherson of hearts, saying it would make us title contenders. However the board didn’t back him.

1977 - 1980.

The promotion season of 77-78.
The League Cup Final of 79
Keegan arriving in 80.

Unbeatable period of excitement and things happening that as a young Saints fan, were simply the stuff dreams were made of.
Which period of Saints history on 12:49 - May 2 with 762 viewsMushty

Seventies. Raw, no messing football. Could still be sh*t but great days out*

*rose-tinted specs could well be involved here
Which period of Saints history on 14:33 - May 2 with 729 views1teeminants

Apart from the obvious when we won the FA cup it has to be the early eighties when we were one of the best teams in the country finishing runners up ,just 3 points behind Liverpool and reaching another Fa cup semi Final ( bastard Heath still hurts) . We had a superb team in those days . There is far too much money in the game now which enables the big 6 to buy trophies and I can’t ever see us reaching those heights again .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024