Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roadmap 16:12 - May 10 with 2023 viewsPatfromPoole

Roadmap is one of my very least favourite words.

I hear it quite a lot in a work capacity, and I bloody hate it.

I fear it is now going to be one of the buzzwords we now hear quite a lot of on the virus.

FFS.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Roadmap on 20:57 - May 10 with 451 viewsOccasional_Showers

Roadmap on 20:55 - May 10 by cynicalsaint

did I? not going to declare my political leaning here (as i will just get lumped in as a loony left / fascist right). just want some backbone / accountability from our elected government. thats all.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 21:04]

That’s what you said when you appeared on here.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Roadmap on 20:57 - May 10 with 452 viewsBicester_North

Roadmap on 20:47 - May 10 by cynicalsaint

i would like the 'leaders' to lead, yes.

As far as I can see they are leading without extremes. This has the risk of the transmission rate going up but allowing the economy to operate and many people’s lives not being destroyed by poverty and social collapse.
Continued total lockdown would undoubtedly result in serious social issues, the herd immunity way would probably see the covid death rate sky rocket. You want to see either of these things happen?
The government need to sort the testing and tracing. That is the single biggest thing they need to get right.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Roadmap on 20:58 - May 10 with 446 viewscynicalsaint

Roadmap on 20:57 - May 10 by Occasional_Showers

That’s what you said when you appeared on here.

find that quote please.
Roadmap on 20:58 - May 10 with 444 viewskernow

Roadmap on 20:39 - May 10 by Bicester_North

The type of work bureaucracy you speak of will take a huge amount of time and money, and conflict between directors and employees in different roles.
Most companies in manufacturing, warehouses, offices etc seem to have figured out a way as have the supermarkets. Remote working instead of office based is sorting itself out.
The rules are clear, if you can’t keep your distance don’t take the risk.
Things like dentists and salons are a problem but I don’t see an answer to that until the testing and tracing is working properly, that’s the thing which the government has to deliver on.

If I were managing a workplace I would expect clarity from my directors. As an employee, contractor or supplier I would expect the same from the works manager.
Bureaucracy is always onerous but already in place with Inductions, tool box talks, method statements and risk assessments etc. The pandemic risks would need to be included.
Everyone needs to be safe from infection and potential prosecution.
Roadmap on 20:59 - May 10 with 440 viewsOccasional_Showers

Roadmap on 20:57 - May 10 by Bicester_North

As far as I can see they are leading without extremes. This has the risk of the transmission rate going up but allowing the economy to operate and many people’s lives not being destroyed by poverty and social collapse.
Continued total lockdown would undoubtedly result in serious social issues, the herd immunity way would probably see the covid death rate sky rocket. You want to see either of these things happen?
The government need to sort the testing and tracing. That is the single biggest thing they need to get right.

I personally think there won’t be a cure or a vaccine and we are all going to have to get it and either live or die until such time as herd immunity is achieved and the virus dies out.

Roadmap on 21:00 - May 10 with 439 viewscynicalsaint

Roadmap on 20:57 - May 10 by Bicester_North

no strategy.

no plan.

completely reactive to 'evidence' and, more importantly, to opinion polls.

they nudge'd on thursday evening then backtracked when then realised that the majority of people are too scared to come out of lockdown too quickly (rightly or wrongly).
Roadmap on 21:00 - May 10 with 437 viewsOccasional_Showers

Roadmap on 20:58 - May 10 by cynicalsaint

find that quote please.

Can’t be bothered. Find the quote where you didn’t say it if you wish to prove me wrong.

Roadmap on 21:02 - May 10 with 431 viewscynicalsaint

Roadmap on 21:00 - May 10 by Occasional_Showers

Can’t be bothered. Find the quote where you didn’t say it if you wish to prove me wrong.

lol. there you go then. never disclosed y political leaning here (overtly at least) so on this one i am calling BS. Absence of evidence / evidence of absence.

You need to up your game OS. you are usually better than a lazy palm off.
Login to get fewer ads

Roadmap on 21:04 - May 10 with 415 viewsOccasional_Showers

Roadmap on 21:02 - May 10 by cynicalsaint

lol. there you go then. never disclosed y political leaning here (overtly at least) so on this one i am calling BS. Absence of evidence / evidence of absence.

You need to up your game OS. you are usually better than a lazy palm off.

You said something like you will never vote Tory again. Which Tory PM did you vote for?

Roadmap on 21:05 - May 10 with 412 viewscynicalsaint

Roadmap on 21:04 - May 10 by Occasional_Showers

You said something like you will never vote Tory again. Which Tory PM did you vote for?

find the quote mate. i think you may have mistaken me for someone else.
Roadmap on 21:06 - May 10 with 408 viewsOccasional_Showers

Roadmap on 21:05 - May 10 by cynicalsaint

find the quote mate. i think you may have mistaken me for someone else.

Nope, no mistake.

Roadmap on 21:06 - May 10 with 410 viewsBicester_North

Roadmap on 21:00 - May 10 by cynicalsaint

no strategy.

no plan.

completely reactive to 'evidence' and, more importantly, to opinion polls.

they nudge'd on thursday evening then backtracked when then realised that the majority of people are too scared to come out of lockdown too quickly (rightly or wrongly).

Everything is reactive across the world. This is a situation nobody has ever experienced before.

If you feel like you have to be told explicitly what to do and how to live by the government then North Korea would be the place to go.

It’s the testing and tracing that are the key, not ruling your inhabitants with 100% extreme measures either way.

Roadmap on 21:10 - May 10 with 403 viewscynicalsaint

Roadmap on 21:06 - May 10 by Occasional_Showers

Nope, no mistake.

...waiting for the quote.
Roadmap on 21:14 - May 10 with 393 viewsOccasional_Showers

Roadmap on 21:10 - May 10 by cynicalsaint

...waiting for the quote.

You’ll be waiting a long time.

Roadmap on 21:16 - May 10 with 387 viewscynicalsaint

Roadmap on 21:14 - May 10 by Occasional_Showers

thought so.

almost like the truth is an abstract concept to you isn't it. just believe what you want to believe and it will become real.
Roadmap on 21:24 - May 10 with 371 viewscynicalsaint

Roadmap on 21:14 - May 10 by Occasional_Showers

dune - if you're going to label someone as a conservative at least have some evidence to back it up.
Roadmap on 21:34 - May 10 with 356 viewscynicalsaint

Roadmap on 21:06 - May 10 by Bicester_North

Everything is reactive across the world. This is a situation nobody has ever experienced before.

If you feel like you have to be told explicitly what to do and how to live by the government then North Korea would be the place to go.

It’s the testing and tracing that are the key, not ruling your inhabitants with 100% extreme measures either way.

yeah, about that test and trace strategy.

can you spell out how thats going to work for me?
Roadmap on 21:37 - May 10 with 354 viewsBicester_North

Roadmap on 21:34 - May 10 by cynicalsaint

yeah, about that test and trace strategy.

can you spell out how thats going to work for me?

No, why would I be able to do that? Most of the world is working on it and trying to get it right, why would I have the answer?

Roadmap on 21:39 - May 10 with 346 viewscynicalsaint

Roadmap on 21:37 - May 10 by Bicester_North

No, why would I be able to do that? Most of the world is working on it and trying to get it right, why would I have the answer?

umm - because it's the strategy you're basing your exit from this is based on?
Roadmap on 21:41 - May 10 with 338 viewsBicester_North

Roadmap on 21:39 - May 10 by cynicalsaint

umm - because it's the strategy you're basing your exit from this is based on?

It’s not just me, it’s the whole world’s strategy, until they find a vaccine. If the world’s scientific brains haven’t solved the problem yet how would I know.

Roadmap on 21:47 - May 10 with 330 viewscynicalsaint

Roadmap on 21:41 - May 10 by Bicester_North

It’s not just me, it’s the whole world’s strategy, until they find a vaccine. If the world’s scientific brains haven’t solved the problem yet how would I know.

so we wait for someone else to work it out? (they already have if the stats are to be believed)
Roadmap on 21:53 - May 10 with 323 viewsBicester_North

Roadmap on 21:47 - May 10 by cynicalsaint

so we wait for someone else to work it out? (they already have if the stats are to be believed)

We’re not waiting are we? We are trialling and moving forward with it, our top scientific brains are working their tits off as far as I can see.

Roadmap on 21:58 - May 10 with 319 viewscynicalsaint

Roadmap on 21:53 - May 10 by Bicester_North

We’re not waiting are we? We are trialling and moving forward with it, our top scientific brains are working their tits off as far as I can see.

i think we are watching / waiting, paralysed by the fear of making a call that could be right or could be wrong (with huge implications for the individuals at the top table). there is no conviction.

there are a ton of lessons we could have learned from other countries but appear to have been gripped by indecision.

which is ok as a strategy if you call it out (we are going to wait and see) but thats not the position the govt are adopting.
Roadmap on 22:33 - May 10 with 304 viewsBicester_North

Roadmap on 21:58 - May 10 by cynicalsaint

i think we are watching / waiting, paralysed by the fear of making a call that could be right or could be wrong (with huge implications for the individuals at the top table). there is no conviction.

there are a ton of lessons we could have learned from other countries but appear to have been gripped by indecision.

which is ok as a strategy if you call it out (we are going to wait and see) but thats not the position the govt are adopting.

As mentioned, a lot of countries who’ve had better results than us have trusted their people to act sensibly while still letting certain sectors of business operate

Roadmap on 23:08 - May 10 with 280 viewsSadoldgit

Roadmap on 20:02 - May 10 by Saintsforeverj

Boris said that general shops will reopen on June 1st, so anybody can get a haircut on June 1st. Busineses can reopen earlier if social distancing can occur.

If a hairdressers can ensure social distancing, they will open on Wednesday. If they can't they won't! Garden centres can ensure social distancing so will open this week.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 20:03]

Call me old fashioned but if social distancing means being 2m away from someone, I expect the person cutting my hair to stand within cutting distance of my hair, so how does that work?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024