Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roadmap 16:12 - May 10 with 2025 viewsPatfromPoole

Roadmap is one of my very least favourite words.

I hear it quite a lot in a work capacity, and I bloody hate it.

I fear it is now going to be one of the buzzwords we now hear quite a lot of on the virus.

FFS.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Roadmap on 18:07 - May 10 with 1000 viewssaint22

Boris has got his upside down that’s for sure
Roadmap on 19:26 - May 10 with 953 viewsSaintsforeverj

Roadmap on 18:07 - May 10 by saint22

Boris has got his upside down that’s for sure

His speech tonight was very clear and sensible.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Roadmap on 19:30 - May 10 with 950 viewskernow

Roadmap on 19:26 - May 10 by Saintsforeverj

His speech tonight was very clear and sensible.

Are you clear on what is permissible and what is not?
If you are then good for you. I'm not.
Roadmap on 19:33 - May 10 with 938 viewsSaintsforeverj

Roadmap on 19:30 - May 10 by kernow

What are you unclear of?

Roadmap on 19:38 - May 10 with 930 viewscocklebreath

Roadmap on 19:30 - May 10 by kernow

I’m no Boris fan but that was pretty straight forward, go to work if you can, try not to use a bus or train, go outside and have a picnic as long as it’s with people from your own household.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Roadmap on 19:46 - May 10 with 915 viewscynicalsaint

Roadmap on 19:33 - May 10 by Saintsforeverj

What are you unclear of?

can i go and get a haircut?

is my brother in-law going to be continued to be furloughed - he's a podiatrist.

which shops are open / which aren't?

its a mess. goverment obfuscating to place the onus on individuals when they should be taking a lead.

we need conviction politicians, not the sheep we've got running the show. either go herd or lockdown hard. the middle ground is just a melting pot to avoid accountability.
Roadmap on 19:49 - May 10 with 909 viewsBicester_North

Roadmap on 19:38 - May 10 by cocklebreath

I’m no Boris fan but that was pretty straight forward, go to work if you can, try not to use a bus or train, go outside and have a picnic as long as it’s with people from your own household.

Exactly. What’s he supposed to do, give everyone an exact date when each of them can go back to work?
A fine balance between reducing covid deaths and keeping the economy alive which, if it does t happen, will kill many many more.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Roadmap on 19:50 - May 10 with 905 viewscynicalsaint

Roadmap on 19:49 - May 10 by Bicester_North

Exactly. What’s he supposed to do, give everyone an exact date when each of them can go back to work?
A fine balance between reducing covid deaths and keeping the economy alive which, if it does t happen, will kill many many more.

absence of leadership. they're making it up as they go along.
Login to get fewer ads

Roadmap on 19:52 - May 10 with 900 viewsBicester_North

Roadmap on 19:50 - May 10 by cynicalsaint

absence of leadership. they're making it up as they go along.

So as I asked before, what would you do, going by the courage of your conviction?

Roadmap on 19:55 - May 10 with 892 viewskernow

Safe working practices. There have been no clear published guidelines yet.
What is essential and non essential work?
Which businesses can open and which can't?
What are the criteria for a safe system of work?
What monitoring will be carried out, testing, tracing, isolation etc.
What about schools?
What happens if infection and death rates continue to rise??
Why are the rules in Scotland, Wales and Ireland unchanged?
We're a UK no?
Roadmap on 19:56 - May 10 with 885 viewsJaySaint

Roadmap on 19:46 - May 10 by cynicalsaint

can i go and get a haircut?

is my brother in-law going to be continued to be furloughed - he's a podiatrist.

which shops are open / which aren't?

its a mess. goverment obfuscating to place the onus on individuals when they should be taking a lead.

we need conviction politicians, not the sheep we've got running the show. either go herd or lockdown hard. the middle ground is just a melting pot to avoid accountability.

If a barbers want to open and you want to go, my guess is crack on. Life goes on

Depends if the barber opens of course

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Roadmap on 19:58 - May 10 with 876 viewscynicalsaint

Roadmap on 19:52 - May 10 by Bicester_North

So as I asked before, what would you do, going by the courage of your conviction?

personally? i would go hardline lockdown. no 'evidence of absence'. this is potentially a fat tail.

but - i would have a ton more respect for a govt that had a clear strategy (even if i disagreed with it) rather than just blowing in the wind / following the mood music.
Roadmap on 20:00 - May 10 with 863 viewscynicalsaint

Roadmap on 19:56 - May 10 by JaySaint

If a barbers want to open and you want to go, my guess is crack on. Life goes on

thanks - that's cleared everything up for me.
Roadmap on 20:01 - May 10 with 861 viewsBicester_North

Roadmap on 19:58 - May 10 by cynicalsaint

personally? i would go hardline lockdown. no 'evidence of absence'. this is potentially a fat tail.

but - i would have a ton more respect for a govt that had a clear strategy (even if i disagreed with it) rather than just blowing in the wind / following the mood music.

It doesn’t matter what “respect” people have for the government, it’s about somehow balancing covid deaths with keeping the economy alive. Nobody knows so maybe striking some sort of balance is the right way. Maybe it isn’t, but the government is damned either way.

Roadmap on 20:02 - May 10 with 854 viewsSaintsforeverj

Roadmap on 19:56 - May 10 by JaySaint

Boris said that general shops will reopen on June 1st, so anybody can get a haircut on June 1st. Busineses can reopen earlier if social distancing can occur.

If a hairdressers can ensure social distancing, they will open on Wednesday. If they can't they won't! Garden centres can ensure social distancing so will open this week.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 20:03]

Roadmap on 20:04 - May 10 with 848 viewscynicalsaint

Roadmap on 20:01 - May 10 by Bicester_North

It doesn’t matter what “respect” people have for the government, it’s about somehow balancing covid deaths with keeping the economy alive. Nobody knows so maybe striking some sort of balance is the right way. Maybe it isn’t, but the government is damned either way.

let me clarify - i think it would be more effective for everyone if the government provided clear / unambiguous statements that made their intentions / preferred route out of this clear. As it stands "its on you". which looks like the foundation for a post event whitewash.

Is it wrong to expect out leaders to lead?
Roadmap on 20:07 - May 10 with 841 viewsBicester_North

Roadmap on 20:04 - May 10 by cynicalsaint

let me clarify - i think it would be more effective for everyone if the government provided clear / unambiguous statements that made their intentions / preferred route out of this clear. As it stands "its on you". which looks like the foundation for a post event whitewash.

Is it wrong to expect out leaders to lead?

So either a free for all or a continued total lockdown would be the only way you’re satisfied then?

Roadmap on 20:12 - May 10 with 830 viewskernow

Roadmap on 20:07 - May 10 by Bicester_North

So either a free for all or a continued total lockdown would be the only way you’re satisfied then?

With an increase in fines for contravening the rules, it would be good to know what the rules are.
Published guidelines would be good.
Roadmap on 20:18 - May 10 with 812 viewsSaintsforeverj

Roadmap on 20:12 - May 10 by kernow

With an increase in fines for contravening the rules, it would be good to know what the rules are.

It's as clear as it could be. Yes, Boris could have outlined every single job in the country and when they will be back but his speech would last until midnight, wouldn't it.

It's clear to me. If you can ensure social distancing (garden centres, corner shops etc you can open Wednesday. If not, you can open on June 1st but put in as many safety limits as you can.

Schools are back for just year r, year 1, year 6 on June 1st. Year 10 will get back a few weeks before the summer. Bars, restaurants back in July. All depends on infection rate.

You are allowed out and visit the beach, parks etc but only with your family or people you live with.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 20:19]

Roadmap on 20:19 - May 10 with 811 viewsBicester_North

Roadmap on 20:12 - May 10 by kernow

Keep the distance. If people want to meet, meet somewhere with plenty of space so you don’t transmit.
We all know it’s getting too close that causes it. The problem is the number of selfish thick tw@ts that will abuse it and not keep apart. But I fail to see what the government can do to keep them in check, without a total lockdown

Roadmap on 20:32 - May 10 with 784 viewskernow

Roadmap on 20:19 - May 10 by Bicester_North

Keep the distance. If people want to meet, meet somewhere with plenty of space so you don’t transmit.
We all know it’s getting too close that causes it. The problem is the number of selfish thick tw@ts that will abuse it and not keep apart. But I fail to see what the government can do to keep them in check, without a total lockdown

Social gatherings are difficult to police and enforce so the need for punitive fines seems to be the way to go but rules need to be clear.
Work places need approved , unambiguous, safe systems of work which all stakeholders need to be aware of and sign up to.
Roadmap on 20:39 - May 10 with 767 viewsBicester_North

Roadmap on 20:32 - May 10 by kernow

Social gatherings are difficult to police and enforce so the need for punitive fines seems to be the way to go but rules need to be clear.
Work places need approved , unambiguous, safe systems of work which all stakeholders need to be aware of and sign up to.

The type of work bureaucracy you speak of will take a huge amount of time and money, and conflict between directors and employees in different roles.
Most companies in manufacturing, warehouses, offices etc seem to have figured out a way as have the supermarkets. Remote working instead of office based is sorting itself out.
The rules are clear, if you can’t keep your distance don’t take the risk.
Things like dentists and salons are a problem but I don’t see an answer to that until the testing and tracing is working properly, that’s the thing which the government has to deliver on.

Roadmap on 20:47 - May 10 with 753 viewscynicalsaint

Roadmap on 20:07 - May 10 by Bicester_North

i would like the 'leaders' to lead, yes.
Roadmap on 20:53 - May 10 with 732 viewsOccasional_Showers

Roadmap on 20:47 - May 10 by cynicalsaint

i would like the 'leaders' to lead, yes.

You voted Tory.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Roadmap on 20:55 - May 10 with 728 viewscynicalsaint

Roadmap on 20:53 - May 10 by Occasional_Showers

You voted Tory.

did I? not going to declare my political leaning here (as i will just get lumped in as a loony left / fascist right). just want some backbone / accountability from our elected government. thats all.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 21:04]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024