Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back to Work 07:05 - May 13 with 1432 viewsBoris_

It's Wednesday, Boris told told you to get back to work you bone idle benefit scroungers.

Why is the Piers Morgans of this world crying so much about businesses being able to re-open? It's advice, not an order and any BUSINESS can choose to ignore it and remain closed ( as we are ) and claiming furlough for their staff.

Poll: Claude Puel

Back to Work on 11:35 - May 13 with 565 viewsSadoldgit

Back to Work on 11:29 - May 13 by Boris_

And the majority of those 238 will have had some form of undiagnosed underlying condition. As post mortems aren't taking place, it's almost impossible for them to confirm one way or another.

So we have two experts here willing to risk the lives of the over 60’s so that everyone can go back to work? What happened to this government’s claim that “we are all in this together”? To paraphrase George Orwell, it would appear that we are all in this together as long as we are under the age of 60.
Back to Work on 11:38 - May 13 with 560 viewsJaySaint

Back to Work on 11:35 - May 13 by Sadoldgit

So we have two experts here willing to risk the lives of the over 60’s so that everyone can go back to work? What happened to this government’s claim that “we are all in this together”? To paraphrase George Orwell, it would appear that we are all in this together as long as we are under the age of 60.

where has anyone said that?

I think over 60s should be protected as much as possible

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Back to Work on 11:41 - May 13 with 551 viewsBoris_

If you stay at home, how will you be at risk? The virus doesn't keep creep under your door.

Poll: Claude Puel

Back to Work on 11:50 - May 13 with 533 viewsSadoldgit

Back to Work on 11:38 - May 13 by JaySaint

where has anyone said that?

I think over 60s should be protected as much as possible

If everyone goes back to work that will include many over 60’s who need to work in order to make ends meet so they will be at risk. It is highly likely that the virus will rise again (it has done in other countries) which puts everyone at risk. No one is able to stay completely locked away. You really need to think about this a bit harder. As soon as lockdown is lifted, the risk is higher for everybody. Forget the 2m rubbish. The virus can travel up to 8m in a sneeze or a cough. To stay entirely safe the over 60s would have to completely self isolate all of the time. A sacrifice you might want to make on their behalf it seems.
Back to Work on 11:57 - May 13 with 529 viewsBison

Do your bit mate. Stay alert doesn't work for you so 'Stay at Home'

Just like WW2 we didn't ask the old to fight , this is a battle for the younger generation and they need to be able to fight it without having to worry about their elderly loved ones.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Back to Work on 12:18 - May 13 with 503 viewsdirk_doone

Looks like most people are:

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Back to Work on 12:22 - May 13 with 495 viewsSadoldgit

I wish I could but we need the cash so will have to go back to work in June. Fortunately I don’t have to use public transport and can keep the public at a distance so hopefully it will be relatively risk free. I appreciate that the lockdown has to be lifted and there is no way it will be risk free without a vaccine so more deaths will occur. However I think it is still too early. We haven’t got the test, trace, isolate system up and running yet and that is vital in the next stage. Still, we are where we are!
Back to Work on 12:36 - May 13 with 487 viewsBison

Back to Work on 12:22 - May 13 by Sadoldgit

I wish I could but we need the cash so will have to go back to work in June. Fortunately I don’t have to use public transport and can keep the public at a distance so hopefully it will be relatively risk free. I appreciate that the lockdown has to be lifted and there is no way it will be risk free without a vaccine so more deaths will occur. However I think it is still too early. We haven’t got the test, trace, isolate system up and running yet and that is vital in the next stage. Still, we are where we are!

That's the spirit but please don't take any unnecessary risks. Your health is more important than money.

Login to get fewer ads

Back to Work on 12:44 - May 13 with 478 viewsSadoldgit

It is, but everything is a balancing act and we are racking up debt and at some point need to get some more money coming in. I am sure many people are in the same position. I don’t have any health insurance so am one of the few people who is worth more alive than dead!
Back to Work on 12:51 - May 13 with 471 viewsTheMoog

Back to Work on 12:44 - May 13 by Sadoldgit

It is, but everything is a balancing act and we are racking up debt and at some point need to get some more money coming in. I am sure many people are in the same position. I don’t have any health insurance so am one of the few people who is worth more alive than dead!

'...we are racking up debt and at some point need to get some more money coming in...'

Sounds just like the wider economy.

Standby to standby

Back to Work on 13:17 - May 13 with 454 viewsSadoldgit

Back to Work on 12:51 - May 13 by TheMoog

'...we are racking up debt and at some point need to get some more money coming in...'

Sounds just like the wider economy.

Indeed. As I said, I agree that we need get things going again, but it needs to be controlled better than it is presently otherwise we are going to end up with another virus spike and possibly a stricter lockdown.
Back to Work on 13:57 - May 13 with 436 viewskentsouthampton

Back to Work on 09:03 - May 13 by Heisenberg

I get all my news off here. Well informed and balanced views.

Yep, you can't beat getting all your news from some fuçkwits on a mongboard.
Back to Work on 14:03 - May 13 with 431 viewskentsouthampton

Back to Work on 12:22 - May 13 by Sadoldgit

' However I think it is still too early. We haven’t got the test, trace, isolate system up and running yet '

And we're not going to if this article is anything to go by, looks like herd immunity by stealth it is.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/coronavirus/exclusive-test-data-from-commercial-labs-going
Back to Work on 14:10 - May 13 with 427 viewsBison

Back to Work on 14:03 - May 13 by kentsouthampton

' However I think it is still too early. We haven’t got the test, trace, isolate system up and running yet '

And we're not going to if this article is anything to go by, looks like herd immunity by stealth it is.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/coronavirus/exclusive-test-data-from-commercial-labs-going

With no vaccine its the only option left. Lockdown the old a vulnerable and ensure they have enough money , food , fast broadband and let the young'uns do battle with virus.

Back to Work on 14:42 - May 13 with 407 viewsSadoldgit

Wow! 😳
Back to Work on 15:03 - May 13 with 395 viewsBison

They found the data

A DHSC spokesman said it had been giving data to Public Health England for a number of weeks which it shared with its local health protection teams. He said the DHSC was ”developing a solution” for others such as local authorities to access data.

He said data was not “disappearing” and that “there was a recent technical error relating to postcode data, but this has now been fixed, and a fully corrected data flow was issued last week. This did not prevent public health bodies from undertaking contact tracing of those with positive results”.

13 May 1.55pm: Updated with DHSC comment, when this was provided.

Back to Work on 15:11 - May 13 with 383 viewskentsouthampton

Back to Work on 15:03 - May 13 by Bison

They found the data

A DHSC spokesman said it had been giving data to Public Health England for a number of weeks which it shared with its local health protection teams. He said the DHSC was ”developing a solution” for others such as local authorities to access data.

He said data was not “disappearing” and that “there was a recent technical error relating to postcode data, but this has now been fixed, and a fully corrected data flow was issued last week. This did not prevent public health bodies from undertaking contact tracing of those with positive results”.

13 May 1.55pm: Updated with DHSC comment, when this was provided.

It still doesn't solve the problem of local tracing.
No joined up thinking in any of this.
Back to Work on 18:53 - May 13 with 339 viewskernow

Back to Work on 11:33 - May 13 by Bison

They are not expendable I am lucky enough to still have both of mine.

We should just lock the over 60's up until a vaccine is found. it's seems most want lockdown anyway.

Lock the door on me and I'll kick if off the hinges !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024