Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Acted responsibly and with integrity 17:11 - May 24 with 2740 viewssaint22

Who the hell does he think he is kidding
Ffs
Beyond belief
Acted responsibly and with integrity on 17:37 - May 24 with 1017 viewsthissceptredsaint

Apparently he had 2 family members a couple of streets away he could have called on for child care, something is not right here
Acted responsibly and with integrity on 17:39 - May 24 with 1013 viewsJaySaint

Direct, strong leadership on display

Interesting, jobs, schools and the immediate future is not really a concern anymore

get those bloody schools open!!!

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 17:51 - May 24 with 1002 viewscynicalsaint

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 17:39 - May 24 by JaySaint

Interesting, jobs, schools and the immediate future is not really a concern anymore

Jay - isn't there a moral / ethical issue in play here. Never mind the specifics, how do you feel about the government obfuscating what was clearly a breach of the guidelines by one of their senior advisors.
Acted responsibly and with integrity on 17:52 - May 24 with 997 viewsthissceptredsaint

No state school child should go any sooner than a private school child and all children and teachers should be kept safe and at home until real evidence and real planning is on display. It hasn't been. It is another disgrace of this callous and cruel government that we are even talking about this.
Acted responsibly and with integrity on 17:53 - May 24 with 990 viewsJaySaint

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 17:51 - May 24 by cynicalsaint

Jay - isn't there a moral / ethical issue in play here. Never mind the specifics, how do you feel about the government obfuscating what was clearly a breach of the guidelines by one of their senior advisors.

I think that is a fair point. But action now would only be fair if the precedent had already been set when Labour / Other MPs broke the guidance.

Nothing happened then. Yet now it should?

This is nothing but a political witch hunt!

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 17:56 - May 24 with 981 viewscynicalsaint

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 17:53 - May 24 by JaySaint

I think that is a fair point. But action now would only be fair if the precedent had already been set when Labour / Other MPs broke the guidance.

Two wrongs etc...

The government should be leading by example. I agree that any public figure who disregards the guidelines should face sanction. But just because others haven't doesn't excuse the next one.

Johnson had a clear choice. Do the right thing, or spin.

So disappointed he chose to close ranks. It's not what we need.
Acted responsibly and with integrity on 18:00 - May 24 with 971 viewsJaySaint

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 17:56 - May 24 by cynicalsaint

Two wrongs etc...

The government should be leading by example. I agree that any public figure who disregards the guidelines should face sanction. But just because others haven't doesn't excuse the next one.

Johnson had a clear choice. Do the right thing, or spin.

So disappointed he chose to close ranks. It's not what we need.

I believe that any enquiry will look into all people working in/around parliament

which will not be good news for all parties

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 18:00 - May 24 with 970 viewssaint22

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 17:37 - May 24 by thissceptredsaint

Apparently he had 2 family members a couple of streets away he could have called on for child care, something is not right here

Regardless of whether or noT Bojo Sacked Dumbinic he should have had the balls to apologise for his actions
To say he acted with integrity is flagrant BS and yet again shows he takes the public for fools
What a state we are in as a little island now
Login to get fewer ads

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 18:03 - May 24 with 963 viewsgrumpy

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 17:39 - May 24 by JaySaint

'Direct, strong leadership on display'
Are you serious?
So its one rule for us and another for others.
This trip or trips to the north east,that's a long way to travel without a break and with a ill wife in the car with you.
Acted responsibly and with integrity on 18:04 - May 24 with 960 viewscynicalsaint

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 18:00 - May 24 by saint22

Regardless of whether or noT Bojo Sacked Dumbinic he should have had the balls to apologise for his actions
To say he acted with integrity is flagrant BS and yet again shows he takes the public for fools
What a state we are in as a little island now

are you surprised at the stance he took?

you need to either
(a) chill the f out; or
(b) find a more productive outlet for your anger. Join a political party. Get into local government. Make a difference.

Shouting at the internet is only going to make you more stressed.
Acted responsibly and with integrity on 18:08 - May 24 with 944 viewsOccasional_Showers

PMSL at the faux outrage from the far left.

The general public don’t give a toss, and actually you will find that they increasingly turn on the blatant opportunism on display. Boris needs to let them scream and shout because the left are so absorbed by themselves they will overplay their hand.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 18:10 - May 24 with 940 viewscynicalsaint

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 18:08 - May 24 by Occasional_Showers

PMSL at the faux outrage from the far left.

The general public don’t give a toss, and actually you will find that they increasingly turn on the blatant opportunism on display. Boris needs to let them scream and shout because the left are so absorbed by themselves they will overplay their hand.

yup - still reckon this is a diversion. Cumming's dad called the police to ask about security for DC while he was up there. Suggests they weren't too concerned about this leaking into the public domain.

So the question is -- while we are all getting outraged about this, what aren't we seeing?
Acted responsibly and with integrity on 18:12 - May 24 with 933 viewsSadoldgit

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 17:53 - May 24 by JaySaint

And yet some people have already resigned for breaking the lockdown rules.
Acted responsibly and with integrity on 18:14 - May 24 with 924 viewsOccasional_Showers

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 18:10 - May 24 by cynicalsaint

yup - still reckon this is a diversion. Cumming's dad called the police to ask about security for DC while he was up there. Suggests they weren't too concerned about this leaking into the public domain.

So the question is -- while we are all getting outraged about this, what aren't we seeing?

I genuinely don’t think there’s anything to complain about and a lot to be grateful to the government for.

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 18:19 - May 24 with 923 viewscynicalsaint

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 18:14 - May 24 by Occasional_Showers

I genuinely don’t think there’s anything to complain about and a lot to be grateful to the government for.

Indeed. They're faced with unprecedented challenges and it's easy to chuck rocks at them. I'd just like to see a bit more moral fibre and more leadership. We seem to be perpetually reacting. If they have conviction on the best way out of this then it's undermined by people close to the action contradicting their guidance and an apparent reticence about being on the front foot.
Acted responsibly and with integrity on 18:27 - May 24 with 901 viewsOccasional_Showers

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 18:19 - May 24 by cynicalsaint

Indeed. They're faced with unprecedented challenges and it's easy to chuck rocks at them. I'd just like to see a bit more moral fibre and more leadership. We seem to be perpetually reacting. If they have conviction on the best way out of this then it's undermined by people close to the action contradicting their guidance and an apparent reticence about being on the front foot.

My only criticism would be that we locked down too early and are coming out too late. I think right now we should be totally reopening and getting the economy going. People would be more careful now and many situations are no different to supermarkets anyway.

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 18:30 - May 24 with 905 viewscynicalsaint

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 18:27 - May 24 by Occasional_Showers

My only criticism would be that we locked down too early and are coming out too late. I think right now we should be totally reopening and getting the economy going. People would be more careful now and many situations are no different to supermarkets anyway.

You could be right.

They seemed to buckle under the weight of public opinion in March and seem to be doing the same thing now.

I'd take conviction, and a corresponding willingness to be accountable for the results, over playing the audience.
Acted responsibly and with integrity on 18:53 - May 24 with 875 viewsSaintsforeverj

This situation / excuse doesn't make sense.

Why an earth would anyone with coronavirus symptoms, travel to their elderly parents, to possibly pass on the disease to them resulting in their possible death? Cummings would have known that his kids might have been carrying the virus if he and his wife had it, risking the life of his parents!

Should have apologised, been given a warning and move on. Saying he did nothing wrong, will result in an investigation and continued scrutiny as nobody is going to accept that the journey was so vital that he risked his parents' life.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 18:55]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 19:01 - May 24 with 860 viewscynicalsaint

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 18:53 - May 24 by Saintsforeverj

Why an earth would anyone with coronavirus symptoms, travel to their elderly parents, to possibly pass on the disease to them resulting in their possible death? Cummings would have known that his kids might have been carrying the virus if he and his wife had it, risking the life of his parents!

Should have apologised, been given a warning and move on. Saying he did nothing wrong, will result in an investigation and continued scrutiny as nobody is going to accept that the journey was so vital that he risked his parents' life.

...which keeps us focussed on the noise at the expense of...?

Cummings is lots of things but he aint stoopid. He know's what he's doing.
Acted responsibly and with integrity on 19:06 - May 24 with 844 viewsOccasional_Showers

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 18:53 - May 24 by Saintsforeverj

The Corbyn puppet is asking for an inquiry. I know we’re throwing money away left right and centre anyway, but what a waste of taxpayers money that would be. And all purely to satisfy remoaner Westminster bubble opportunism. It didn’t take Momentum long to put party politics at the front of their priorities.

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 19:19 - May 24 with 819 viewsSaintsforeverj

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 19:06 - May 24 by Occasional_Showers

The Corbyn puppet is asking for an inquiry. I know we’re throwing money away left right and centre anyway, but what a waste of taxpayers money that would be. And all purely to satisfy remoaner Westminster bubble opportunism. It didn’t take Momentum long to put party politics at the front of their priorities.

But the point is, if they just apologised, gave him a fine for breach of rules, made a mistake blah blah, problem over.

The excuse about not having anyone to look after the kids, doesn't wash does it when risking the virus on his elderly parents. Saying he didn't do anything wrong and acted with integrity is hardly correct is it: the virus could have been passed onto his elderly parents! Hardly a good move.

This response, will result in further action (and money) that could have been avoided with an apology and a fine.

I don't blame anybody questioning why he took his possibly infected kids to the home of vulnerable elderly people. Would you do that?
[Post edited 24 May 2020 19:21]

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 19:21 - May 24 with 809 viewscynicalsaint

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 19:19 - May 24 by Saintsforeverj

But the point is, if they just apologised, gave him a fine for breach of rules, made a mistake blah blah, problem over.

The excuse about not having anyone to look after the kids, doesn't wash does it when risking the virus on his elderly parents. Saying he didn't do anything wrong and acted with integrity is hardly correct is it: the virus could have been passed onto his elderly parents! Hardly a good move.

This response, will result in further action (and money) that could have been avoided with an apology and a fine.

I don't blame anybody questioning why he took his possibly infected kids to the home of vulnerable elderly people. Would you do that?

you mean it will create more noise / distraction?

wow - didn't see that coming.

what isn't being discussed...?
Acted responsibly and with integrity on 19:22 - May 24 with 803 viewsOccasional_Showers

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 19:19 - May 24 by Saintsforeverj

He moved into a separate property which I believe was next to his parents house. At no point did he have any contact with them. Food was left for him at his door. I personally see nothing wrong with what he did.

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 19:23 - May 24 with 802 viewsSaintsforeverj

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 19:22 - May 24 by Occasional_Showers

He moved into a separate property which I believe was next to his parents house. At no point did he have any contact with them. Food was left for him at his door. I personally see nothing wrong with what he did.

What about the possibly and likely infected kids?

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 19:24 - May 24 with 798 viewscynicalsaint

Acted responsibly and with integrity on 19:22 - May 24 by Occasional_Showers

yup - as long as the other two sightings are bogus then nothing to see here. move on.

But... what aren't we discussing while we are getting outraged about this?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024