Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eastleigh FC 15:46 - May 29 with 4396 viewsBison

Part of the fun watching Saints was the meeting in the pub with mates going for pint and generally a day out with kids. Also the away games were a great laugh and exciting day out.

Lately Saints have not been great to watch with Dinlos complaining when you celebrated to wildly , the price is extortionate as well and it became even harder to get an away ticket.

So with that in mind we are thinking of supporting The Spifires next season so any advice on where to have a pint beforehand ( kid friendly ) , what's the rough cost of a ticket and what is the away following like ? Also for away games I presume the conference is nationwide so should be some cracking places to visit that normally you would never think of going , so anyone been to see them away and what to expect from typical home fans ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Eastleigh FC on 22:14 - Jun 3 with 812 viewsBlue

Eastleigh FC on 22:16 - May 31 by Boris_

I work quite closely with Man City and generally I'm up there a day a month filming with the players at the training campus. Normally media days are on a recovery day so I get invited to the game the day before by City.

I find the atmosphere really strange there. I've sat in most 'home' areas of the stadium and the atmosphere reminds me of Arsenals. Whilst you're seeing brilliant football, surely you'd prefer to still be at Maine Road?
[Post edited 31 May 2020 22:16]

Unfortunately nearly every top-flight club has experienced a downturn in atmosphere, especially after moving into a new stadium, as you well know.

I think ours is one of the worst lately, maybe partly due to the average age of our season ticket holders being significantly higher than most others. I'd have much preferred Maine Road to have been redeveloped (there was enough room) the local amenities, pubs! were so much better and more plentiful.

Still stood in the Kippax

Eastleigh FC on 22:19 - Jun 3 with 809 viewsBlue

Eastleigh FC on 14:57 - Jun 1 by TimSaint

I've been to a few non league games but it is not the same as supporting Saints in any way, shape or form.

Even when I have watched a game where I have known a player, it is still the same - I hope they win and he does well, but that's all.

I don't really take much interest in England these days either. I have been to see them at Wembley more than 10 times and St Marys twice, but it is usually a given that we will qualify for major tournaments, under perform and be home early. Best England moment was definitely Ricky scoring against Scotland, obviously because he was with us at the time !!

I also go to watch games when I am in Slovakia - usually about 5 times per season, with Slovak friends and colleagues. I have been watching a team there regularly for about 16 years and have seen them in 3 different home stadiums, in Europa League qualifiers, the Europa League itself and in 2 away venues. When I go, I really enjoy it. The locals I go with really like that there is an English guy with them. I liken in to going back in the late 80's or early 90's. Loads of beer, large groups of guys, so much more singing (even though I understand very little of it) and a great atmosphere.
They are definitely my second team, but despite this, it is not the same as supporting Saints and celebrating that special goal or famous win !!

Bratislava? I was thinking of going there for a game sometime.

Eastleigh FC on 13:08 - Jun 4 with 718 viewsTimSaint

Eastleigh FC on 22:19 - Jun 3 by Blue

Bratislava? I was thinking of going there for a game sometime.

Yes it is mainly Bratislava that I visit to see friends and for work, but I also try to have at least 2 ski trips there per season.
I have been visiting for more than 15 years and in that time the city has grown and transformed so much. I can give you some hints and tips, should you decide to go.
In terms of football, Slovan Bratislava is the main team. The other 2 Brat teams have fallen down the leagues - although you may remember Artmedia Bratislava, who were once in Europe maybe 10 or so years ago, they are having a small revival.
Slovan has a brand new stadium - it opened just over a year ago. It is about 22.5k capacity, the atmosphere is good, plenty of Ultras behind the home end goal, they have a small scaffold tower in front of the fans and there are 2 drums and a guy with a megaphone to continually start songs off, so the singing lasts all game. You can drink and smoke at your seat if you so wish and ticket prices for adults start at 8 Euros and Staropramen half litre in the ground is 2 Euros. Going to the games takes me back 30 years :-)

TimSaint

Eastleigh FC on 13:39 - Jun 4 with 711 viewsYarman

Eastleigh FC on 13:08 - Jun 4 by TimSaint

Yes it is mainly Bratislava that I visit to see friends and for work, but I also try to have at least 2 ski trips there per season.
I have been visiting for more than 15 years and in that time the city has grown and transformed so much. I can give you some hints and tips, should you decide to go.
In terms of football, Slovan Bratislava is the main team. The other 2 Brat teams have fallen down the leagues - although you may remember Artmedia Bratislava, who were once in Europe maybe 10 or so years ago, they are having a small revival.
Slovan has a brand new stadium - it opened just over a year ago. It is about 22.5k capacity, the atmosphere is good, plenty of Ultras behind the home end goal, they have a small scaffold tower in front of the fans and there are 2 drums and a guy with a megaphone to continually start songs off, so the singing lasts all game. You can drink and smoke at your seat if you so wish and ticket prices for adults start at 8 Euros and Staropramen half litre in the ground is 2 Euros. Going to the games takes me back 30 years :-)

Went there some years ago now for a few days when England played there, had a great time, cheap as chips, loved it.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 13:51]
Eastleigh FC on 14:38 - Jun 4 with 698 viewsTimSaint

Eastleigh FC on 13:39 - Jun 4 by Yarman

Went there some years ago now for a few days when England played there, had a great time, cheap as chips, loved it.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 13:51]

We played them about 4 years ago in the World Cup qualifiers and won it 1-0, scoring right at the death. That was in Trnava though, which is half an hour or so from Bratislava.
It can be very cheap there, but the local police love to stop a 'rich' foreign tourist and issue back hander fines. Never been stopped personally, as don't drive whilst there that often, but I know a few who have - in fact seem to recall someone on here got a big fine whilst following England over there ?

TimSaint

Eastleigh FC on 16:04 - Jun 4 with 679 viewsWints76

Eastleigh FC on 14:38 - Jun 4 by TimSaint

We played them about 4 years ago in the World Cup qualifiers and won it 1-0, scoring right at the death. That was in Trnava though, which is half an hour or so from Bratislava.
It can be very cheap there, but the local police love to stop a 'rich' foreign tourist and issue back hander fines. Never been stopped personally, as don't drive whilst there that often, but I know a few who have - in fact seem to recall someone on here got a big fine whilst following England over there ?

We got find £300 for not having a sticker to allow us to drive on Slovakian motorways. They compromised and.called it £150 cash before they let us through the border, where we were able to buy the sticker that enabled us to drive on Slovakian motorways

That was 2002, just before the England game at SMS
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 16:09]
Eastleigh FC on 17:09 - Jun 4 with 663 viewsYarman

Eastleigh FC on 14:38 - Jun 4 by TimSaint

I was at the 2002 England game, flew into Vienna, and got a bus down to Bratislava. Stayed in the old town area for two nights, didn't get fined there but got stopped by the Austrian police for walking along a railway line just outside Vienna to get back to our hotel the night before flying home, we had no money left so they drove us back and then past the hotel for a few miles and then kicked us out in the middle of nowhere.
Eastleigh FC on 20:39 - Jun 4 with 616 viewsBlue

Eastleigh FC on 13:08 - Jun 4 by TimSaint

Staropramen you say?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024