Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More than an equal chance of going up. 17:36 - Jun 1 with 2092 viewsNotLoyal

Can anyone see anything positive in Swansea City getting in to the premier league via the play offs ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

More than an equal chance of going up. on 17:41 - Jun 1 with 2073 viewsHighjack

This break might help us in two ways:

1) our players who have looked absolutely knackered for a while now will hopefully be rested and sharp.

2) playing home games in an empty stadium without the groans and the obvious tension and general negativity that’s been around for a while might help them relax a bit. It’s our home form that has let us down this year.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

More than an equal chance of going up. on 17:41 - Jun 1 with 2070 viewsthornabyswan

Yes the Yanks may sell up quicker.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 17:42]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

More than an equal chance of going up. on 17:44 - Jun 1 with 2065 viewsHighjack

More than an equal chance of going up. on 17:41 - Jun 1 by thornabyswan

Yes the Yanks may sell up quicker.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 17:42]

I’d love to see them gone but there’s no guarantee that the next group of charlatans will be any better.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

More than an equal chance of going up. on 17:46 - Jun 1 with 2056 viewsNotLoyal

More than an equal chance of going up. on 17:44 - Jun 1 by Highjack

I’d love to see them gone but there’s no guarantee that the next group of charlatans will be any better.

It’s frightening to think how they would manage players in to compete in the premier league.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

More than an equal chance of going up. on 17:47 - Jun 1 with 2052 viewsthornabyswan

More than an equal chance of going up. on 17:44 - Jun 1 by Highjack

No thats true but something needs to happen it's like death by a 1000 cuts with this lot.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

More than an equal chance of going up. on 18:38 - Jun 1 with 1987 viewsTenbySwan

To be honest , although Cooper can be frustrating at times, on the whole i think he has done ok, and i would like to see him given time and have a go at the premier league should we get there

On a lighter note , i could see they were thinking of allowing 5 subs for the rest of the season. - so that would 5 subs not to use! 🤣
More than an equal chance of going up. on 18:53 - Jun 1 with 1966 viewssainthelens

Will Lids still sell out their allocation down here ?
More than an equal chance of going up. on 19:06 - Jun 1 with 1948 viewsLeonWasGod

I'd be delighted. Isn't the whole point to beat other teams and get as high as you can in the league pyramid? Football's a lot better higher up.
Login to get fewer ads

More than an equal chance of going up. on 19:42 - Jun 1 with 1919 viewsPegojack

More than an equal chance of going up. on 17:47 - Jun 1 by thornabyswan

No thats true but something needs to happen it's like death by a 1000 cuts with this lot.

I agree, whoever took us over couldn't be much worse for the club than the Yanks have been.
More than an equal chance of going up. on 19:43 - Jun 1 with 1918 viewsNeath_Jack

Swansea v Scum in the play off final, lump on.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

More than an equal chance of going up. on 08:35 - Jun 2 with 1692 viewsowainglyndwr

With us having a young team .
I think we can make a big fist of it and get into the play offs.
Even though some of the teams have experienced players ,
I think they woukd struggle more to get up and running missing game time.
Hope I'm right
More than an equal chance of going up. on 11:54 - Jun 2 with 1586 viewspencoedjack

More than an equal chance of going up. on 19:43 - Jun 1 by Neath_Jack

Swansea v Scum in the play off final, lump on.

Only the 6th spot up for grabs imo

Preston down to Derby in with a shout.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table
More than an equal chance of going up. on 12:12 - Jun 2 with 1574 viewsswanaway

I've thought for a while if a mini league of 9 games was to start there could well be a team outside the play offs pick up six wins and force their way in. Why can't it be us?
More than an equal chance of going up. on 12:39 - Jun 2 with 1545 viewsBillyChong

A season in the prem under these owners after promotion would turn into an absolute embarrassment
More than an equal chance of going up. on 13:35 - Jun 2 with 1487 viewssainthelens

Gonna be nuts.
Wer as liable to lose 9 as win 9.
More than an equal chance of going up. on 13:58 - Jun 2 with 1473 viewsDr_Winston

Plenty of money was spent last time we were in the Prem since the takeover. Just that most of it was spaffed up against the wall by Jenkins. With a better recruitment process and better club management? We'd have just as good a chance as most.

I'd be more concerned about team management. Wouldn't want to sit through something resembling the first half of the 17/18 season again.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

More than an equal chance of going up. on 16:22 - Jun 2 with 1434 viewsmonmouth

More than an equal chance of going up. on 13:58 - Jun 2 by Dr_Winston

Plenty of money was spent last time we were in the Prem since the takeover. Just that most of it was spaffed up against the wall by Jenkins. With a better recruitment process and better club management? We'd have just as good a chance as most.

I'd be more concerned about team management. Wouldn't want to sit through something resembling the first half of the 17/18 season again.

The very reason we would be stuffed by anti football crap if we got there is the reason we have next to no chance of getting there.

To answer the question, hopefully this time we could achieve financial stability, for a brighter future, even if we came steight back down. So let’s hope, managerial incompetence aside we luck our way back up with another August.

I still feel almost totally detached, I must say. I suppose if there’s nowt else on the telly...

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

More than an equal chance of going up. on 17:32 - Jun 2 with 1400 viewsLeonWasGod

More than an equal chance of going up. on 12:39 - Jun 2 by BillyChong

A season in the prem under these owners after promotion would turn into an absolute embarrassment

Plenty said that last time. Although yes, we're in nowhere near as good a shape on the pitch or in the dugout as we were under Brenda. I suspect you're right, but you never know.
More than an equal chance of going up. on 18:03 - Jun 2 with 1379 viewsthornabyswan

More than an equal chance of going up. on 17:32 - Jun 2 by LeonWasGod

Plenty said that last time. Although yes, we're in nowhere near as good a shape on the pitch or in the dugout as we were under Brenda. I suspect you're right, but you never know.

It's not just the owners we had the spine of a team with PL quality when we went up last time.

Rangel
Williams
Leon
Sinclair
Dyer

Who do we have now who is PL quality bar Rodon and Ayew.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 20:31]

More than an equal chance of going up. on 18:08 - Jun 2 with 1368 viewsLeonWasGod

More than an equal chance of going up. on 18:03 - Jun 2 by thornabyswan

It's not just the owners we had the spine of a team with PL quality when we went up last time.

Rangel
Williams
Leon
Sinclair
Dyer

Who do we have now who is PL quality bar Rodon and Ayew.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 20:31]

I know. And I don't even think Ayew is PL quality now imo.

OK, we'd be screwed but I'm hanging on to that hope!
More than an equal chance of going up. on 19:29 - Jun 2 with 1329 viewsPentyrchJack

I think we have nothing to lose by just going for it in the remaining games if they get played. We have lots of kids who with are lightweight and who will do better playing on firmer ground in warmer weather compared to old warriors.

Having come from under 23 set ups, they will be at home playing in front of empty stadiums too.

I suspect that Cooper is probably better at managing training sessions than managing games, so the fact the remaining games will be behind closed doors may help.

Having said all that, this is more optimism than realism as we haven't been consistently good enough so far and the table doesn't lie (except for the fact them up the road are ahead of us).

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

More than an equal chance of going up. on 20:19 - Jun 2 with 1292 viewsHighjack

More than an equal chance of going up. on 19:29 - Jun 2 by PentyrchJack

I think we have nothing to lose by just going for it in the remaining games if they get played. We have lots of kids who with are lightweight and who will do better playing on firmer ground in warmer weather compared to old warriors.

Having come from under 23 set ups, they will be at home playing in front of empty stadiums too.

I suspect that Cooper is probably better at managing training sessions than managing games, so the fact the remaining games will be behind closed doors may help.

Having said all that, this is more optimism than realism as we haven't been consistently good enough so far and the table doesn't lie (except for the fact them up the road are ahead of us).

Our away record is probably more than good enough for the average promotion candidate but we’ve been so shite at home. Pretty much a mirror opposite of last season.

More than an equal chance of going up. on 20:39 - Jun 2 with 1271 viewsthornabyswan

More than an equal chance of going up. on 18:08 - Jun 2 by LeonWasGod

I know. And I don't even think Ayew is PL quality now imo.

OK, we'd be screwed but I'm hanging on to that hope!

Yes when i posted it I thought if he is PL quality he is bottom of the ladder PL.

Did nothing in Turkey but to be fair has been our best player by some distance this season.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 20:40]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024