Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO - Solent Toffee 13:45 - Jul 21 with 1054 viewsTripleNiemi

Not sure if you have sky or not, but just seen (sky documentaries) there is a 2 hour doc on Everton - 'Howards Way'. I will watch it later but expect it to be interesting since it involves your halcyon years under Howard Kendall (all of course pre the day when football was 'officially created' circa 1992).
[Post edited 21 Jul 2020 13:45]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

FAO - Solent Toffee on 14:06 - Jul 21 with 1023 viewsWints76

I watched that. It is excellent. They come across as a really sound group of lads (and I despised them at the time for obvious reasons). It is good social history of the time as well. Seeing the terraces erupt at the Holte End when they score in the semi final against Luton is exactly what football was about.
FAO - Solent Toffee on 15:39 - Jul 21 with 976 viewsdirk_doone

Ted Bates tried to buy Kendall from Preston but Kendall opted for Everton, where he replaced Jimmy Gabriel. So Bates bought Gabriel instead. The transfer fee may also have been a factor. Everton paid £85,000 for Kendall, which was probably more than Saints could afford. Gabriel cost us £42,500.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2020 17:35]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

FAO - Solent Toffee on 17:21 - Jul 21 with 910 viewssolent_toffee

I got it for my dad at Christmas, really enjoyed but will watch it again on Sky.

It was great to watch the footage of when football was about the supporters, seeing all the Blues piling down to Wembley for the cup final (I’m sure I would have been the same had it been Saints). I went to the final in 2009 and most Chelsea fans had left before they picked up the trophy. I would love to go back to those days.
FAO - Solent Toffee on 17:35 - Jul 21 with 894 viewsdirk_doone

This was Gabriel's last trophy with Everton before he was replaced by Kendall and sold to Saints. He was also a regular in their team which won the league in 1963. You can see him in front of St George's Hall at 1:27:

Only 400 casualties.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2020 17:44]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024