Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JWP looking up the table now! 11:28 - Aug 18 with 617 viewsI_would

Expecting a higher place next season when we were fortunate to be where we were at the end. Everything was on our side. No home crowds to play poorly in front of, other teams falling away etc. Ralph finally getting through to the players.

If we ARE going to improve our position Prowsey needs to ditch his best of Mascherano vids and swap for some Frank Lampard ones because if he's really going to make any difference he's going to have to quickly link up attacking play and get into the box half a dozen times, at least, in every match instead of the terminally boring back and sideways fare that we have to endure. He's Captain, make an example. Stop the talk!

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

JWP looking up the table now! on 11:42 - Aug 18 with 606 viewsBuggalugs

Well at least it's a football related thread.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

JWP looking up the table now! on 11:57 - Aug 18 with 595 viewsSonicBoom

I do wonder sometimes what the players are told. PEH was a great one for getting forwards, then seemingly freezing and immediately to go sideways to get the ball to anyone else.

Is that the player themself showing a lack of confidence in their technique - or have they been told that they are not to give the ball away at any cost so they play it extremely safe. Despite the frustration of the crowd maybe they are simply doing exactly what they are asked to do.
JWP looking up the table now! on 12:20 - Aug 18 with 575 viewsChesham_Saint

JWP looking up the table now! on 11:42 - Aug 18 by Buggalugs

Well at least it's a football related thread.

Even if it’s more bloody whingeing. Last time I checked there’s 11 people in a team (ok 12 in the case of man u and Liverpool- 11 players + the ref) but why not blame JWP for everything?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

JWP looking up the table now! on 12:29 - Aug 18 with 568 viewsKennington

JWP looking up the table now! on 12:20 - Aug 18 by Chesham_Saint

Even if it’s more bloody whingeing. Last time I checked there’s 11 people in a team (ok 12 in the case of man u and Liverpool- 11 players + the ref) but why not blame JWP for everything?

Can only think lack of understanding how how teams work. It’s like the cricket fans who go on and on about how bad Jos Buttler is. Many people don’t realise that creating a team isn’t about always picking the most talented players.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

JWP looking up the table now! on 12:48 - Aug 18 with 542 viewsBuggalugs

JWP looking up the table now! on 11:57 - Aug 18 by SonicBoom

I do wonder sometimes what the players are told. PEH was a great one for getting forwards, then seemingly freezing and immediately to go sideways to get the ball to anyone else.

Is that the player themself showing a lack of confidence in their technique - or have they been told that they are not to give the ball away at any cost so they play it extremely safe. Despite the frustration of the crowd maybe they are simply doing exactly what they are asked to do.

The players are trying to implement the tactics of the manger which is based around keeping possession, drawing opposition players in and creating space to exploit.

As fans we all want to see free flowing attacking football all the time, but game management and having the right mentality is what'll reap the most rewards. Of course it doesn't always come off resulting in the crowd getting frustrated with what they see as taking unnecessary risks at the back and negativity in midfield, but there is a bigger picture to all of it.

It's pretty obvious this is why we performed much better away from home as well as after lockdown.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

JWP looking up the table now! on 12:57 - Aug 18 with 526 viewsI_would

JWP looking up the table now! on 11:57 - Aug 18 by SonicBoom

If he's under orders then I take everything back. But he does seem to wander the entire pitch so I presume he's got the freedom.

JWP looking up the table now! on 12:58 - Aug 18 with 524 viewsI_would

JWP looking up the table now! on 12:20 - Aug 18 by Chesham_Saint

He is the Captain. (Hurts actually to say it)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024