Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Over 50s shafted via Covid 12:31 - Aug 21 with 2192 viewsthissceptredsaint

https://unherd.com/2020/08/the-jobs-covid-is-killing-off/?tl_inbound=1&tl_groups

Age and sex biases creating a pool of wasted skills and talent. Will they retrain older workers? Ones with a work ethic?

It is interesting to see that this huge recession will be hitting the middle class in this country alot harder as well as the middle aged.

Over 50s shafted via Covid on 14:54 - Aug 21 with 2109 viewsSaintNick

I was chatting with a client the other day who was made redundant a couple of years ago, he said that he had had no problem getting another job, he said that the focus has switched from a couple of decades ago when employers saw those over 50 as being over the hill, that they were now seen as being reliable and likely to stay a longer period in the job than younger workers were seen as transient and unrelaible.

Covid might change some things but I still thing the over 50 workforce will not be so badly affected in finding a job than youngsters

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Over 50s shafted via Covid on 15:10 - Aug 21 with 2090 viewsBuggalugs

Over 50s shafted via Covid on 14:54 - Aug 21 by SaintNick

I was chatting with a client the other day who was made redundant a couple of years ago, he said that he had had no problem getting another job, he said that the focus has switched from a couple of decades ago when employers saw those over 50 as being over the hill, that they were now seen as being reliable and likely to stay a longer period in the job than younger workers were seen as transient and unrelaible.

Covid might change some things but I still thing the over 50 workforce will not be so badly affected in finding a job than youngsters

Completely agree with that. I always try and employ older staff as they are usually very reliable and rarely give you any grief. My experience of employing unskilled young people, under 30's in particular, is an absolute nightmare.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Over 50s shafted via Covid on 16:43 - Aug 23 with 1907 viewsSadoldgit

It looks like we have all been shafted. A report in the Mirror said that 6 million furloughed workers broke the rules and worked from home.
Over 50s shafted via Covid on 22:34 - Aug 24 with 1800 viewsKRAZYB

Coming from the Mirror I take that with a pinch of salt. However I wouldn't be surprised if found to be true, or worse done by a far higher number.
Next though is if proven how do they get punished
Over 50s shafted via Covid on 10:30 - Aug 25 with 1728 viewsSadoldgit

Apparently this came from a group of economists from Cambridge, Oxford and Zurich universities.
Over 50s shafted via Covid on 11:29 - Aug 25 with 1698 viewsWints76

It was in the Mail as well, though they reported about the employees breaking the rules by working, rather than the employers breaking the rules by working them, so who should be punished?
Over 50s shafted via Covid on 15:09 - Aug 25 with 1656 viewsSadoldgit

Over 50s shafted via Covid on 11:29 - Aug 25 by Wints76

It was in the Mail as well, though they reported about the employees breaking the rules by working, rather than the employers breaking the rules by working them, so who should be punished?

I suppose you would have to look into each case individually. All 6 million of them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024