Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's 09:30 - Aug 16 with 5873 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52745/does-ld-sports-pul

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 10:05 - Aug 16 with 3759 viewsclunk76

LD Sports wasn't a vehicle for Gao to pump money into Saints it was a tool for getting money out of China.....
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 10:20 - Aug 16 with 3743 viewsSaintNick

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 10:05 - Aug 16 by clunk76

LD Sports wasn't a vehicle for Gao to pump money into Saints it was a tool for getting money out of China.....

A bit of both, I think Gao had plans for Saints that were scuppered by the downturn in relations between China and the west

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 12:28 - Aug 16 with 3605 viewsareasix

It means Goa has no money that he can get out of China and needs to cash in his chips at a loss for some liquid assets , Cash is King and at present he does not have any. but also not many others have but someone will see the bargain and invest , I expect the news might come from the USA.
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 13:08 - Aug 16 with 3555 viewscocklebreath

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 12:28 - Aug 16 by areasix

It means Goa has no money that he can get out of China and needs to cash in his chips at a loss for some liquid assets , Cash is King and at present he does not have any. but also not many others have but someone will see the bargain and invest , I expect the news might come from the USA.

I like your speculation chat which you make sound fact when it’s clearly mumbo jumbo

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 13:17 - Aug 16 with 3543 viewsBoris_

LD Sports is a fake company and vehicle for Gao getting money out of China.

Poll: Claude Puel

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 13:32 - Aug 16 with 3521 viewsDorsetIan

LD Sports is dodgy as f@ck but the idea that is was a vehicle for Gao to get money out of China has never survived much scrutiny. There would have been far less convoluted ways to get money into Saints.

But, whatever, if Gao and LD Sports are on their way, things are looking even more rosy that they already were.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 14:20 - Aug 16 with 3445 viewsSaintsforeverj

Gao's ownership has just been a complete farce. No shirts on sale last year, now we have shirts with the wrong sponsor on the front!! Our owner is so short of money, that the sponsor is pulling out and Gao has to sell up. I hope it means a change of ownership, but it might just be more Gaoism ( some dodgy deal or whatever).
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 14:22]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 14:32 - Aug 16 with 3417 viewsBoris_

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 13:32 - Aug 16 by DorsetIan

LD Sports is dodgy as f@ck but the idea that is was a vehicle for Gao to get money out of China has never survived much scrutiny. There would have been far less convoluted ways to get money into Saints.

But, whatever, if Gao and LD Sports are on their way, things are looking even more rosy that they already were.

What do you reckon the rationale reason is then behind LD Sports? The website could be made by a single person in a couple of days. It's not a legitimate business and certainly not one that could afford a £7.5m shirt sponsorship.

Poll: Claude Puel

Login to get fewer ads

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 15:03 - Aug 16 with 3382 viewsDorsetIan

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 14:32 - Aug 16 by Boris_

What do you reckon the rationale reason is then behind LD Sports? The website could be made by a single person in a couple of days. It's not a legitimate business and certainly not one that could afford a £7.5m shirt sponsorship.

I agree LDSports is a joke company.

If you want a theory - and this is all it is - Gao's main business in China used to be 'Lander Sports' but he wasn't allowed for that company to have any connection to Saints under Premier League rules. So he created a company/name of 'LD Sports' which would have pretty much the same name recognition of Lander Sports in terms of sponsorship name awareness etc. But his association with Lander Sport went south, so there's no longer any point to that strategy.

The reasons I don't buy the 'getting money out' theory is that the money comes out OK but it goes straight into someone else's pocket (the clubs). (And if he wanted to get £x million into the club, he could have got it from sponsorship from someone else.) Also, is there any evidence that he couldn't simply have made a commercial loan to the club? Is there any evidence that he was stopped from moving £ out of China? Even if he was stopped, why would someone not prefer to have £x million in their own name in China, rather than bringing it out to give to someone else?

(Got to factor in too that LDSports also sponsor Espanyol, not just Saints).

Anyway, hopefully something that will be ancient history very soon.

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 15:08 - Aug 16 with 3375 viewsSaintsforeverj

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 15:03 - Aug 16 by DorsetIan

I agree LDSports is a joke company.

If you want a theory - and this is all it is - Gao's main business in China used to be 'Lander Sports' but he wasn't allowed for that company to have any connection to Saints under Premier League rules. So he created a company/name of 'LD Sports' which would have pretty much the same name recognition of Lander Sports in terms of sponsorship name awareness etc. But his association with Lander Sport went south, so there's no longer any point to that strategy.

The reasons I don't buy the 'getting money out' theory is that the money comes out OK but it goes straight into someone else's pocket (the clubs). (And if he wanted to get £x million into the club, he could have got it from sponsorship from someone else.) Also, is there any evidence that he couldn't simply have made a commercial loan to the club? Is there any evidence that he was stopped from moving £ out of China? Even if he was stopped, why would someone not prefer to have £x million in their own name in China, rather than bringing it out to give to someone else?

(Got to factor in too that LDSports also sponsor Espanyol, not just Saints).

Anyway, hopefully something that will be ancient history very soon.

But if a takeover is about to happen, why would Gao allow us to buy Salisu and Walker-Peters? Surely he would want to keep as much money in the club as possible.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 16:24 - Aug 16 with 3285 viewsdirk_doone

LD Sports is not Gao's company. Gao sold his majority shareholding in Lander Sports a long time ago.

Liu Zhiqiang is a lot wealthier than Gao. He is #222 in the Forbes China Rich List; Gao doesn't even make the top 600.

https://www.forbes.com/profile/liu-zhiqiang/#742103c367fe

""Table Tennis is China’s national sport," said Liu Zhiqiang, general manager of LD Sports"

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1090141/table-tennis-ld-sports-ittf

Gao doesn't have money to move from China to England. The football message board theory that he has is ludicrous.

Liu Zhiqiang had Chinese government backing to establish a presence in European sport but now as a result of Boris being Trump's junior partner in his cold war with China, Chinese investment is being withdrawn from the UK and it will all be redirected to continental Europe. Boris obeying Trump's order to abort the Huawei deal was the final straw.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 16:41]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 16:56 - Aug 16 with 3223 viewsSonicBoom

Let's be careful. Go hasnt done much if anything but he also hasn't flogged everyone and he keeps a low profile. New owners doesn't automatically mean better owners.
How many owners below the top 4 or 5 have bought a club then invested consistently? Not many.
There are loads of chances that talk big but see PL clubs as a way to make cash rather than something that needs investment and nurturing over time.
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 17:06 - Aug 16 with 3207 viewsdirk_doone

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 16:56 - Aug 16 by SonicBoom

Let's be careful. Go hasnt done much if anything but he also hasn't flogged everyone and he keeps a low profile. New owners doesn't automatically mean better owners.
How many owners below the top 4 or 5 have bought a club then invested consistently? Not many.
There are loads of chances that talk big but see PL clubs as a way to make cash rather than something that needs investment and nurturing over time.

I have been impressed by the way the club has been run recently: the sacking of Les Reed, the appointment of Ralph as manager, transfer deals for Walker-Peters and Salisu etc. Gao and his daughter and the people he has appointed seem to be doing a very good job.

But Gao has no control over the relations between the UK and Chinese governments, which are the reason Chinese companies are withdrawing investment from the UK.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 17:09]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 17:47 - Aug 16 with 3164 viewsDorsetIan

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 16:24 - Aug 16 by dirk_doone

LD Sports is not Gao's company. Gao sold his majority shareholding in Lander Sports a long time ago.

Liu Zhiqiang is a lot wealthier than Gao. He is #222 in the Forbes China Rich List; Gao doesn't even make the top 600.

https://www.forbes.com/profile/liu-zhiqiang/#742103c367fe

""Table Tennis is China’s national sport," said Liu Zhiqiang, general manager of LD Sports"

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1090141/table-tennis-ld-sports-ittf

Gao doesn't have money to move from China to England. The football message board theory that he has is ludicrous.

Liu Zhiqiang had Chinese government backing to establish a presence in European sport but now as a result of Boris being Trump's junior partner in his cold war with China, Chinese investment is being withdrawn from the UK and it will all be redirected to continental Europe. Boris obeying Trump's order to abort the Huawei deal was the final straw.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 16:41]

I'm always interested to read what you write Dirk, andwhat you say makes more sense to me that the 'Gao trying to get his money out' line.

But this is suggesting that LDSports was a bona fide attempt by Liu Zhiqiang to 'establish a presence in European sport' in which case why is the website such drivel. It's been like that from the very beginning - well before the Trump-Boris axis. It's never seemed like a genuine attempt at anything.

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 18:29 - Aug 16 with 3120 viewsareasix

What do you know cocklebreath apart from slag off anyone who has an opinion or knowledge interesting for you to prove all my comments wrong. So you think Saints are flush with money , that the club is not on the market and if it was you think who might be interested in buying it why not share your wisdom , easy to slag off genuine comments and then not offer anything in return.
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 18:56 - Aug 16 with 3080 viewssaint22

Can we switch our shirts?
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 09:37 - Aug 18 with 2800 viewsarfurdent

the withdrawal method is always high risk

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 10:18 - Aug 18 with 2773 viewscocklebreath

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 18:29 - Aug 16 by areasix

What do you know cocklebreath apart from slag off anyone who has an opinion or knowledge interesting for you to prove all my comments wrong. So you think Saints are flush with money , that the club is not on the market and if it was you think who might be interested in buying it why not share your wisdom , easy to slag off genuine comments and then not offer anything in return.

Simmer down, you know as much as me which is fook all

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 20:44 - Aug 18 with 2594 viewsSoton

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 10:18 - Aug 18 by cocklebreath

Simmer down, you know as much as me which is fook all

And this is the most informed comment on here about this
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 06:49 - Aug 19 with 2505 viewsareasix

Yet another useful comment thanks cocklebreath
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 15:27 - Aug 21 with 2305 viewsHampshire_Al

I am wondering if there is some truth in a takeover.

No one seems to have noticed, but at Companies House there has been a new charge (mortgage) raised over all the Saints assets including the ground, training ground, etc. by a company seemingly owned by Michael Dell (yes, the Dell that makes computers).

I cannot find any comment about this, which seems really odd for such a significant change.

Anyone know anything more??
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 15:29 - Aug 21 with 2300 viewsJaySaint

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 15:27 - Aug 21 by Hampshire_Al

No one seems to have noticed, but at Companies House there has been a new charge (mortgage) raised over all the Saints assets including the ground, training ground, etc. by a company seemingly owned by Michael Dell (yes, the Dell that makes computers).

I cannot find any comment about this, which seems really odd for such a significant change.

Isn't that a loan that we have taken out?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 15:31 - Aug 21 with 2291 viewsSaintNick

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 15:27 - Aug 21 by Hampshire_Al

This was commented on a few weeks ago, there was some discussion that Dell is one of those involved in the takeover at Sunderland and whether they were pullig out and coming here.

But it seems that this is in effect a bridging loan that Saints and many other clubs take out to aid cash flow in transfer windows to give them a borrowing facility if they need to spend ahead of the arrival of the first Premier League payment of the season

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 15:31 - Aug 21 with 2291 viewsHampshire_Al

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 15:29 - Aug 21 by JaySaint

Isn't that a loan that we have taken out?

That's my understanding, but with a "charge" if you default on repayments the lender then owns everything - i.e. Saints!
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 15:33 - Aug 21 with 2286 viewsJaySaint

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 15:31 - Aug 21 by Hampshire_Al

That's my understanding, but with a "charge" if you default on repayments the lender then owns everything - i.e. Saints!

I guess so. I can only imagine who or what ever loaned the millions wanted some sort of security.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024