Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's 09:30 - Aug 16 with 6088 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52745/does-ld-sports-pul

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 15:57 - Aug 21 with 1598 viewsPoirot

This new charge is not the same as past ones because its valued at up to £80M when past ones were just a quarter of that. Yes, to get these loans you have to sign off everything owned, so any default and the loaner gets it all. Saints are hugely in debt like never before and the reliance on PL status is up there with the existence of the club going into admin again. Fans should be questioning the managament on the debt level because its just crazy.

There is now a potential sponsor loss of £15M

I can see some serious cutbacks and job losses on the horizon.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 16:20]
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 16:15 - Aug 21 with 1581 viewsDorsetIan

Small point of detail...

I am pretty sure that a charge does not give the lender 'ownership' of the assets in the event of default, simply the right to sell the assets to ensure that the loan is repaid.

Thus, if the assets is worth £1m and someone is owned £100,000 they could force a sale but they would only end up with their £100,000 back (plus costs).

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 16:26 - Aug 21 with 1573 viewsChesham_Saint

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 16:15 - Aug 21 by DorsetIan

Small point of detail...

I am pretty sure that a charge does not give the lender 'ownership' of the assets in the event of default, simply the right to sell the assets to ensure that the loan is repaid.

Thus, if the assets is worth £1m and someone is owned £100,000 they could force a sale but they would only end up with their £100,000 back (plus costs).

But would that effectively mean a 'fire sale' and the asset therefore potentially being sold at well under book value?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 16:51 - Aug 21 with 1543 viewsDorsetIan

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 16:26 - Aug 21 by Chesham_Saint

But would that effectively mean a 'fire sale' and the asset therefore potentially being sold at well under book value?

I wasn't saying it was a good thing - it was just a point of detail.

But in reality, it simply guarantees the lender's position and - given the downsides of a forced sale - the borrower would bend over backwards to repay the loan (including selling Ings to Everton for £40m) before getting to the stage where the lender using his charge to force a sale.

Per se, charging assets to borrow money is not an issue. The potential issue is if the borrowing itself is unaffordable or papering over financial cracks in the accounts.

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 17:20 - Aug 21 with 1527 viewsBazza

A charge gives the lender claim over company assets to the value of the loan if the debt is not repaid on time or if the company goes in to liquidation, subject to any other priority charge holders. Not unusual for some companies to have several charges, sometimes over particular assets eg property. Charges have to be stated in company accounts each year.
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 09:26 - Aug 22 with 1397 viewsSaintNick

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 15:57 - Aug 21 by Poirot

This new charge is not the same as past ones because its valued at up to £80M when past ones were just a quarter of that. Yes, to get these loans you have to sign off everything owned, so any default and the loaner gets it all. Saints are hugely in debt like never before and the reliance on PL status is up there with the existence of the club going into admin again. Fans should be questioning the managament on the debt level because its just crazy.

There is now a potential sponsor loss of £15M

I can see some serious cutbacks and job losses on the horizon.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 16:20]

First thing this is not actually a loan it is a borrowing facility, we might take all of it, we might take some of it or we might not actually use any of it, it only becoms a loan if we take any money.

Secondly it is more than we have taken before because of the situation, usually we would have had income from the games played etc and then the last tranche of the seasons money by the start of June with the first part of this seasons money in August, we of course had to wait till the end of July to get all of last seasons money as well as pay back some to Sky and presumably we wont get this seasons till September now.

So we are not hugely in debt like never before indeed if we have used any of the money it will probably be paid off within the next month, as I said it is to cover the payments due to us we havent just borrowed it to fritter it away as it is a short term borrowing facility rather than a 5 year bank loan.

So it is quite the opposite of your claims, we are managing a situation well.

The sponsor loss is not the club's fault, but it is a complex situation at the moment, perhaps the fact that the club put the 2nd strip on sale with LD sports on it tells you something, so I would wait a bit before throwing that at the club as evidence of financial mismanagement.

You are right there could be some serious cutbacks and job losses, but Saints are not alone in that respect both in terms of other football clubs and companies in gerneral

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 10:36 - Aug 25 with 1224 viewsPoirot

All shirts withdrawn from sale.
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 10:37 - Aug 25 with 1217 viewsarfurdent

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 10:36 - Aug 25 by Poirot

All shirts withdrawn from sale.

good things do happen

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Login to get fewer ads

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 10:39 - Aug 25 with 1209 viewsdjsaint

new sponsor incoming!
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 10:59 - Aug 25 with 1173 viewsdjsaint

Betting company, quick fix sponsor!
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 11:06 - Aug 25 with 1163 viewsKennington

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 10:59 - Aug 25 by djsaint

Betting company, quick fix sponsor!

Not even a normal betting company either like Ladbrokes, instead it’s one of those weird ones that I’d never give banking details to.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 11:17 - Aug 25 with 1137 viewsarfurdent

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 11:06 - Aug 25 by Kennington

Not even a normal betting company either like Ladbrokes, instead it’s one of those weird ones that I’d never give banking details to.

NSI?

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 11:22 - Aug 25 with 1122 viewsKennington

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 11:17 - Aug 25 by arfurdent

NSI?

No smoking indoors? Sorry, I don’t speak acronym.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 11:30 - Aug 25 with 1100 viewsSonicBoom

I find it amazing that in this day and age clubs don't have fags on their shirts, or even booze, yet betting companies are still allowed.
I'm not a puritan but I'm pretty sick of every radio station and every live game bombarding me with offers and ads telling me the odds for the next bloody goalscorer.
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 11:41 - Aug 25 with 1074 viewssaint22

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 10:37 - Aug 25 by arfurdent

good things do happen

So do we get a refund/replacement if we already ordered for our kids????
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 11:43 - Aug 25 with 1073 viewsSonicBoom

Sportsbet.io ?

God I miss proper companies.
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 11:51 - Aug 25 with 1055 viewsdjsaint

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 11:41 - Aug 25 by saint22

So do we get a refund/replacement if we already ordered for our kids????

club will shortly to announce details on this!
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 11:59 - Aug 25 with 1032 viewssaint22

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 11:51 - Aug 25 by djsaint

I wait with baited breath
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 11:59 - Aug 25 with 1032 viewsDorsetIan

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 11:51 - Aug 25 by djsaint

I reckon the white one with the gold LDSports logo is going to become a real collector's item.

What an absolute pantomime the whole LDSports sponsorship was. 'Start-up' sponsor that never got started. First season no shirts. Second season, shirts need to go back. Hopefully one day we will find out what was really going on.

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 12:08 - Aug 25 with 1019 viewsPoirot

One year deal suiting both parties as relegated watford also sponsored by this lot.
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 12:40 - Aug 25 with 979 viewsdirk_doone

Our new shirt sponsor is Sportsbet.io, who have sponsored Watford for the last 3 years. They were founded by Timothy John Heath in 2016. When I Googled him, this came up:

https://game-protect.com/tag/timothy-john-heath/

Anyway, the fact they sponsored Watford, suggests they are good for the money.

[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 12:50]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 12:53 - Aug 25 with 947 viewsdjsaint

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 12:40 - Aug 25 by dirk_doone

Our new shirt sponsor is Sportsbet.io, who have sponsored Watford for the last 3 years. They were founded by Timothy John Heath in 2016. When I Googled him, this came up:

https://game-protect.com/tag/timothy-john-heath/

Anyway, the fact they sponsored Watford, suggests they are good for the money.

[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 12:50]

A little interesting that our logo's are different, especially the omission of any chinese type lettering!
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 12:57 - Aug 25 with 932 viewsdirk_doone

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 12:53 - Aug 25 by djsaint

A little interesting that our logo's are different, especially the omission of any chinese type lettering!

Timothy John Heath seems to have moved around a bit. The current version of his company is licensed and regulated by the Government of Curaçao but he is said to reside in Malta. He provides an online gaming platform for people in countries like Ukraine, Armenia, Estonia, Malaysia and the Philippines to gamble using cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 13:03]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 13:04 - Aug 25 with 922 viewsKRAZYB

Oh yes please!!!
Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 13:56 - Aug 25 with 879 viewsSaintNick

Does LD Sports Pulling Out Suggest Takeover Imminent At St Mary's on 15:31 - Aug 21 by Hampshire_Al

That's my understanding, but with a "charge" if you default on repayments the lender then owns everything - i.e. Saints!

A charge does not mean the lender owns everything if the borrower defaults, it means that he can force a sale of the asset if the borrower defaults, however he can only reclaim the amount of his loan plus interest and costs.

In practice it would be hard to sell St Mary's after all it's uses are limited, so it only really comes into play if the club has another situation as they did in 2009 when Aviva had a charge on the stadium and had to agree to take a settlement figure to release the charge and let Marcus Liebherr take over the club.

If they had not had the charge then they would have got nothing back, so there is nothing sinister in this borrowing facility or the charge, it just means that the lender is a preferential creditor and has the right to that money from the sale of an asset

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024