Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bank holiday weekend about to start 14:04 - Aug 28 with 4873 viewsDellHero

Never mind the weather, who is getting on it and with what?

For me, some IPA and later on, some more IPA.
Bank holiday weekend about to start on 14:09 - Aug 28 with 4140 viewsJaySaint

Urrgh

It's odd, when I was early 20s, loved a nice cold pint. Now, I just can't stand beer - even more so from the tap - and prefer either a nice Cider and a Gin and tonic

[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 14:09]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 14:13 - Aug 28 with 4127 viewsDellHero

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 14:09 - Aug 28 by JaySaint

Urrgh

It's odd, when I was early 20s, loved a nice cold pint. Now, I just can't stand beer - even more so from the tap - and prefer either a nice Cider and a Gin and tonic

[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 14:09]

Jay - now you’ve said G&T I’ve started tasting that. Damn you. Might start there.
Bank holiday weekend about to start on 14:15 - Aug 28 with 4120 viewsJaySaint

in addition, I find that after just 1 pint of beer, I am in constant need of a pee.

WTF!!!

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 14:20 - Aug 28 with 4107 viewsDellHero

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 14:15 - Aug 28 by JaySaint

in addition, I find that after just 1 pint of beer, I am in constant need of a pee.

WTF!!!

That’s another thing. Someone mentions needing a slash and that’s that as well. You’re disrupting my afternoon and sesh plans.

Anything else you want me to do while I’m at it?

And what about crisps with G&at? Salt and cider vinegar.
Bank holiday weekend about to start on 14:23 - Aug 28 with 4103 viewsJaySaint

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 14:20 - Aug 28 by DellHero

That’s another thing. Someone mentions needing a slash and that’s that as well. You’re disrupting my afternoon and sesh plans.

Anything else you want me to do while I’m at it?

And what about crisps with G&at? Salt and cider vinegar.

Dry roasted nuts or some quavers will fill the gap if on an all-dayer :-)

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 14:40 - Aug 28 with 4068 viewsDellHero

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 14:23 - Aug 28 by JaySaint

Dry roasted nuts or some quavers will fill the gap if on an all-dayer :-)

Oh god, haven’t had quavers for years. I’m embarrassed to say I’m partial to some pringles. And I’m not talking about their jumpers either.

What about something more substantial to nibble on?
Bank holiday weekend about to start on 14:50 - Aug 28 with 4053 viewsDellHero

and some tunes
Bank holiday weekend about to start on 15:08 - Aug 28 with 4045 viewsDellHero

With Big D nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 15:17 - Aug 28 with 4027 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 14:15 - Aug 28 by JaySaint

WTF!!!

Same! My bladder is rubbish anyway now, but a pint will destroy my stomach and empty all the water from my body, not enjoyable.

I stick to G&T and red wine. I'm on 'holiday' anyway this week chilling (well deserved week off) and have just opened a Californian Zinfandel (1000 Stories) which is reasonable, not stunning but perfectly drinkable whilst we watch a family film (well they are, I'm browsing the web obviously).

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 15:33 - Aug 28 with 3998 viewsDorsetIan

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 15:17 - Aug 28 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Same! My bladder is rubbish anyway now, but a pint will destroy my stomach and empty all the water from my body, not enjoyable.

I stick to G&T and red wine. I'm on 'holiday' anyway this week chilling (well deserved week off) and have just opened a Californian Zinfandel (1000 Stories) which is reasonable, not stunning but perfectly drinkable whilst we watch a family film (well they are, I'm browsing the web obviously).

What wine white tips can you offer for the weekend. Getting bored of Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Grigio from Morrisons.

In the spirit of TUI, how about a bank holiday top three?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 15:34 - Aug 28 with 4003 viewsButty101

I find 3 pints then im barry bloated. if out will then move onto the rum. If im at home G & T.
We are kid free this weekend - happy days.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 15:35 - Aug 28 with 4002 viewscocklebreath

I know it’s a bit gay but I’m into pink wine, had a bottle of whispering angel the other day and it was smashing, got a nice bottle fleurie for tonight after gin and tonic . Can’t drink beer at home.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 15:38 - Aug 28 with 4001 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 15:33 - Aug 28 by DorsetIan

What wine white tips can you offer for the weekend. Getting bored of Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Grigio from Morrisons.

This stuff is wonderful; https://www.majestic.co.uk/wines/gavi-13033?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy5K2w4--6wIVQeztCh

Or https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/broglia-gavi-docg/438396-408174-408175

Or most Sancerre you can't go wrong with.

If you want something different a white Rioja can be entertaining, some are ropey, so spend more.

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 15:41 - Aug 28 with 3998 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 15:35 - Aug 28 by cocklebreath

I know it’s a bit gay but I’m into pink wine, had a bottle of whispering angel the other day and it was smashing, got a nice bottle fleurie for tonight after gin and tonic . Can’t drink beer at home.

Nothing wrong with wine! Unless you're a marketing bird on the prosecco ... tasteless crap consumed by orange women with fake black eyelashes.

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 16:30 - Aug 28 with 3969 viewsdirk_doone

I always find these 3 white wines are decent:

Sancerre
Villa Rosa New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc
Muscadet
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 16:33]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 16:38 - Aug 28 with 3959 viewssaint22

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 15:35 - Aug 28 by cocklebreath

Not sure casual remarks like that are smart these days........
Bank holiday weekend about to start on 16:43 - Aug 28 with 3954 viewscocklebreath

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 16:38 - Aug 28 by saint22

Not sure casual remarks like that are smart these days........

I’m not sure I give a fook. Bombay sapphire with Lemon fever tree on the go. On the question of fizzy stuff I absolutely hate Prosecco but I do like a nice Cava.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 16:46 - Aug 28 with 3949 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 16:43 - Aug 28 by cocklebreath

I’m not sure I give a fook. Bombay sapphire with Lemon fever tree on the go. On the question of fizzy stuff I absolutely hate Prosecco but I do like a nice Cava.

Cava is decent, MUCH better than Prosecco!

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 16:52 - Aug 28 with 3946 viewssaint22

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 16:43 - Aug 28 by cocklebreath

Oh well that's fine then isn't it?
Bank holiday weekend about to start on 17:28 - Aug 28 with 3914 viewsDorsetIan

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 15:38 - Aug 28 by Gennaro_Contaldo

This stuff is wonderful; https://www.majestic.co.uk/wines/gavi-13033?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy5K2w4--6wIVQeztCh

Or https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/broglia-gavi-docg/438396-408174-408175

If you want something different a white Rioja can be entertaining, some are ropey, so spend more.

Thank you. Good tips.

And same to Dirk too.

Cheers!

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 17:48 - Aug 28 with 3895 viewsSadoldgit

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 15:41 - Aug 28 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Nothing wrong with wine! Unless you're a marketing bird on the prosecco ... tasteless crap consumed by orange women with fake black eyelashes.

Hey! That’s no way to talk about my wife!

😂
Bank holiday weekend about to start on 17:53 - Aug 28 with 3884 viewsBicester_North

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 15:38 - Aug 28 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Was just about to suggest Gavi myself before I saw this.
Lovely.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 18:10 - Aug 28 with 3871 viewsSadoldgit

Being a pauper I am always on the look out for drinkable wine for around £6. We can recommend the Barefoot Chardonnay. Tescos currently have their 6+ bottles for 25% off so fill yer boots!
Bank holiday weekend about to start on 19:22 - Aug 28 with 3829 viewskernow

Bank holiday weekend about to start on 18:10 - Aug 28 by Sadoldgit

Being a pauper I am always on the look out for drinkable wine for around £6. We can recommend the Barefoot Chardonnay. Tescos currently have their 6+ bottles for 25% off so fill yer boots!

Nicer out of a crystal glass I imagine.
Bank holiday weekend about to start on 20:15 - Aug 28 with 3786 viewsKRAZYB

I much prefer a nice red wine like Chateauneuf Du Pap. They also have a good white.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024