Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season card sales 15:46 - Sep 1 with 6233 viewsjudd

1,056 plus 148 family tickets up to yesterday Ive been told.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Season card sales on 20:12 - Sep 1 with 2398 viewsjudd

Season card sales on 19:59 - Sep 1 by James1980

Marketing staff who could call season ticket holders.

Why not do it in advance of setting prices?

Databases of fans have been in receipt of written correspondence sent from Bath or Bristol or wherever on other subjects, so it is not a staff numbers issue - why not contact season ticket holders directly and ask the pertinent questions in advance of taking such a drastic decision?

Season card sales on 21:32 - Sep 1 with 2240 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season card sales on 19:53 - Sep 1 by James1980

Are there enough of them though?

If not An email can be done in
Moments

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Season card sales on 21:39 - Sep 1 with 2204 viewsD_Alien

Season card sales on 21:32 - Sep 1 by rochdaleriddler

If not An email can be done in
Moments

Much better than being cold-called. There's many, including myself, who wouldn't take kindly to that, whereas an email can be returned (or not) in one's own good time, following a considered response

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season card sales on 21:42 - Sep 1 with 2193 viewsJames1980

Season card sales on 21:39 - Sep 1 by D_Alien

Much better than being cold-called. There's many, including myself, who wouldn't take kindly to that, whereas an email can be returned (or not) in one's own good time, following a considered response

Fair comment

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Season card sales on 21:53 - Sep 1 with 2153 viewsjudd

Season card sales on 21:39 - Sep 1 by D_Alien

Cold called?

Yeah, had that.

Season card sales on 21:59 - Sep 1 with 2130 viewsD_Alien

Season card sales on 21:53 - Sep 1 by judd

Cold called?

Yeah, had that.

None of us would want our Season Card marked

Season card sales on 22:13 - Sep 1 with 2082 viewsjudd

Season card sales on 21:59 - Sep 1 by D_Alien

None of us would want our Season Card marked

...nor the boys in blue calling round for a word

Season card sales on 22:23 - Sep 1 with 2054 viewsTVOS1907

Season card sales on 22:13 - Sep 1 by judd

...nor the boys in blue calling round for a word

Particularly these two:

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Season card sales on 23:25 - Sep 1 with 1957 viewsJames1980

I'm using a proper keyboard to dig my hole deeper rather than using my mobile.
Marketing whether by phone or Email depending on GDPR could have gone as follows. 'We see you were a season ticket holder last year and not yet renewed, why is that?'
Can't afford, not happy about the price increase
Covid related: Health concerns,don't want to go to games with sterile atmosphere.
Lack of signings so don't want to be watching us getting humiliated each game.
Messages from the board have put me off, because it sounds like we are preparing for relegation.
Then the club could tailor the response to the concerns, for example. If enough cite the price increase, offer some sort of deal. 'Thank you to those who have renewed you will get X for your loyalty. If you have not yet renewed you will get Y if you renew in the next Z days.'
If it is ambition say 'BBM, his backroom staff and the players are eager to prove they can compete in this league and look forward to proving this.'
Maybe I am oversimplifying, being naive, but surely it isn't rocket science to gee up support even if a season ticket isn't purchased maybe some calls/emails could be converted into a rewards card. Sorry if anything in this has caused offence.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Season card sales on 06:49 - Sep 2 with 1814 views1907

Season card sales on 23:25 - Sep 1 by James1980

Marketing whether by phone or Email depending on GDPR could have gone as follows. 'We see you were a season ticket holder last year and not yet renewed, why is that?'
Covid related: Health concerns,don't want to go to games with sterile atmosphere.
Messages from the board have put me off, because it sounds like we are preparing for relegation.
Then the club could tailor the response to the concerns, for example. If enough cite the price increase, offer some sort of deal. 'Thank you to those who have renewed you will get X for your loyalty. If you have not yet renewed you will get Y if you renew in the next Z days.'
If it is ambition say 'BBM, his backroom staff and the players are eager to prove they can compete in this league and look forward to proving this.'
Maybe I am oversimplifying, being naive, but surely it isn't rocket science to gee up support even if a season ticket isn't purchased maybe some calls/emails could be converted into a rewards card. Sorry if anything in this has caused offence.

Or maybe those of our fans without any significant health or financial worries could maybe stop being so precious & support the club in an exceptionally difficult/challenging time?

It might be just me, but it doesn’t matter to me who’s in the dugout, who’s the CEO, who we have or haven’t signed.

I just want to watch my team play at 3 o’clock every other Saturday.

It concerns me greatly how many fans we have that pick and choose when to give the club their support.

Things might be far from great at the minute & I’m well aware of the majority of people’s concerns. But if you can, support the club.
Season card sales on 08:29 - Sep 2 with 1724 viewsaleanddale

Season card sales on 06:49 - Sep 2 by 1907

Or maybe those of our fans without any significant health or financial worries could maybe stop being so precious & support the club in an exceptionally difficult/challenging time?

It might be just me, but it doesn’t matter to me who’s in the dugout, who’s the CEO, who we have or haven’t signed.

It concerns me greatly how many fans we have that pick and choose when to give the club their support.

Things might be far from great at the minute & I’m well aware of the majority of people’s concerns. But if you can, support the club.

Agree with the vast majority of that but i do think the club needs to more to engage the fan base.If its going to be shit then it will be shit for everyone. Lets make it as good as we possibly can.

If we are fielding a side that will have to over achieve week in week out lets embrace that. Look at the squad we are 3 senior players short of a competitive starting 11 and the glaring hole is the one that Hendo has left.

We are looking at a difficult 12 months ahead maybe more so its vital that the club does the basics right and quickly and that in turn could attract the undecided to attend.

I have my season card more in blind faith and loyalty. I am happy to support the club after 40 years its a difficult habit to break.
Season card sales on 08:36 - Sep 2 with 1723 viewsncfc_chalky

Season card sales on 23:25 - Sep 1 by James1980

That's a fair view made James but why do you feel the need to finish off with the apology at the end,everyone is entitled to have an opinion and you come over as a likeable person so I doubt anyone would be offended by what you had to say,it's nothing personal about you but more of the fact that this country seems to want to apologise for everything nowadays,what happened to free speech?

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Season card sales on 08:40 - Sep 2 with 1719 viewsDalenet

Season card sales on 06:49 - Sep 2 by 1907

Get the sentiment and understand your concern. But we are where we are. I am watching what happens up the road. Accy started selling STs yesterday. They are allowed 1500 fans in their much smaller ground and will be selling tickets for 3 afternoons. Their fan base will be similarly impacted financially and health wise to ours. So lets see how they get on to see whether our position is peculiar. We certainly don't have the problems of other clubs that are having to hold ballots every week to see who can attend and who will be allocated iFollow.

One way the club could seek support now is to sell iFollow season tickets - buy the whole season for say £150. Must be better than letting fans lapse and will get some money in. I understand why so many don't feel safe but that shouldn't stop people spending their cash at the club in a different way.
Season card sales on 09:16 - Sep 2 with 1668 viewsTipperaryDale

Did we really have 2500 season ticket holders - did this include kids who got in for nowt? Find it hard to believe 1500 supporters are not renewing for the next season, despite it being the only way to guarantee you get to games this year.

If you have genuine health problems that means you can't come to the Dale, fair enough, but if you haven't, get your hand in your pocket and support your team - if you don't support them through bad times you don't deserve the good times.
Season card sales on 10:16 - Sep 2 with 1577 viewsblackdogblue

Time for a poll James?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Season card sales on 10:19 - Sep 2 with 1571 viewsD_Alien

Season card sales on 08:36 - Sep 2 by ncfc_chalky

That's a fair view made James but why do you feel the need to finish off with the apology at the end,everyone is entitled to have an opinion and you come over as a likeable person so I doubt anyone would be offended by what you had to say,it's nothing personal about you but more of the fact that this country seems to want to apologise for everything nowadays,what happened to free speech?

Didn't use it in this one, but if he uses the term "gaslighted" in a post again, i'll be demanding an apology

Season card sales on 10:41 - Sep 2 with 1508 viewsDunn_Dale

Went to buy a season ticket yesterday morning, got there about 8.30am. I was the first to buy and when I left there was only 1 person behind me.

As someone mentioned above it's the only real way to guarantee seeing the Dale for quite some time and for the home games you can't see they will give an ifollow pass so I was expecting to see more people on the first day of general sale.

Saying that it was 9am on a Tuesday, I expect more were sold at lunch/after work.
Season card sales on 12:56 - Sep 2 with 1340 viewsnordenblue

Season card sales on 09:16 - Sep 2 by TipperaryDale

Did we really have 2500 season ticket holders - did this include kids who got in for nowt? Find it hard to believe 1500 supporters are not renewing for the next season, despite it being the only way to guarantee you get to games this year.

If you have genuine health problems that means you can't come to the Dale, fair enough, but if you haven't, get your hand in your pocket and support your team - if you don't support them through bad times you don't deserve the good times.

What about if you thought that the risk still attached to being surrounded by nearly 2000 potential virus spreaders may not be quite worth the reward for a few months yet,do they still not deserve the good times in your opinion?

We've got a country literally on its arsehole financially and still in the grip of a virus not seen before in our lifetime,and a product on sale/view that's FAR inferior to any in recent memory yet some are still questioning a shite take up for season tickets.....seriously?
[Post edited 2 Sep 2020 12:57]
Season card sales on 13:21 - Sep 2 with 1269 viewsTipperaryDale

The risks are going to be tiny; we all know football clubs are going to be extra rigorous with applying social distancing, because we know there's too much riding on it for them to be haphazard with it - plus the government is hardly enamoured with football and is going to be watching like a hawk. Plus - it's outside. Basically, we'll be sat 6 feet apart from people in an open air arena - the risk is going to be a lot, lot smaller than visiting any shop, cafe, restaurant, pub, cinema, or going to work.

That said, would genuinely be interested to hear if the risk of Covid is a reason that people aren't taking up their tickets. Because Dale could probably do a lot more to assuage people's fears. Anecdotally, the non-renewers I know aren't choosing to go because of football reasons, not Covid ones.

Think my point still stands - if you're choosing not to go cos you think the football will be shite, don't be surprised if our club folds, and don't expect anyone to do anything about it.
Season card sales on 13:47 - Sep 2 with 1205 viewsD_Alien

Season card sales on 13:21 - Sep 2 by TipperaryDale

The risks are going to be tiny; we all know football clubs are going to be extra rigorous with applying social distancing, because we know there's too much riding on it for them to be haphazard with it - plus the government is hardly enamoured with football and is going to be watching like a hawk. Plus - it's outside. Basically, we'll be sat 6 feet apart from people in an open air arena - the risk is going to be a lot, lot smaller than visiting any shop, cafe, restaurant, pub, cinema, or going to work.

That said, would genuinely be interested to hear if the risk of Covid is a reason that people aren't taking up their tickets. Because Dale could probably do a lot more to assuage people's fears. Anecdotally, the non-renewers I know aren't choosing to go because of football reasons, not Covid ones.

Think my point still stands - if you're choosing not to go cos you think the football will be shite, don't be surprised if our club folds, and don't expect anyone to do anything about it.

I'm not sure your point does stand

Financially, the pandemic means many people's disposable income may have taken a hit, plus there will be considerable job uncertainty with the ending of furlough

Trying to take people to task for not forking out £270-330 (the Sandy is currently unavailable) with that type of uncertainty around their finances is pretty poor form imo

At a pinch, were the club projecting a more upbeat message regarding our prospects for the season, a few might be swayed to take that risk but it'd be wonderful having to tell your kids (for instance) that having been made redundant their Christmas presents have been put on hold while you trot off to the Xmas/New Year fixtures because you chose to prioritise the finances of the football club

Season card sales on 13:56 - Sep 2 with 1178 viewsTipperaryDale

It's a good point - again, would be interested to hear from actual people who've made this decision based on that point. At the minute, I see a lot of people saying they won't renew because of the board, because they think we'll be shite, because they can't go with their mates, because we haven't signed a striker, but not many people saying they can't go because they can't afford it.

It's still good value at £335, and if you had an ST last season you could take the refund due from that and put it towards this one.
Season card sales on 14:16 - Sep 2 with 1128 viewsjudd

Season card sales on 13:56 - Sep 2 by TipperaryDale

It's a good point - again, would be interested to hear from actual people who've made this decision based on that point. At the minute, I see a lot of people saying they won't renew because of the board, because they think we'll be shite, because they can't go with their mates, because we haven't signed a striker, but not many people saying they can't go because they can't afford it.

It's still good value at £335, and if you had an ST last season you could take the refund due from that and put it towards this one.

You've missed the deadline for refunds but good points.

An increase of the magnitude of 35 - 50% in a recession during a pandemic in a town as notably poor as Rochdale was always going to be highly risky. I do know of fans not renewing purely on price and also value for money given the squad we're starting with.

Any idea how many refunds were paid?

Season card sales on 14:18 - Sep 2 with 1120 viewsTipperaryDale

Can't pay or won't pay?
Season card sales on 14:28 - Sep 2 with 1085 viewsjudd

Season card sales on 14:18 - Sep 2 by TipperaryDale

Can't pay or won't pay?

Some won't, some can't, especially when multiple purchases apply

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024