Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starting XI v Hudds 12:43 - Sep 3 with 18259 viewsTipperaryDale

Basing this on the fact I don't think we'll have any new signings, or at least new signing that are going to be on the pitch, what does everyone's starting team look like?

For me it would be

Bazunu
McLaughlin, McShane, O' Connell, Keohane
Ryan, Lund
Newby, Morley, Baah,
Done

Subs: Lynch, Dunne, McNulty, Rathbone, Brierley, Dooley, Tavares

It's not a complete catastrophe, but we are incredibly light up top whichever way you look at it. Had to pick one of Rathbone and Morley, and I'm not sure on the former's fitness.
Starting XI v Hudds on 16:59 - Sep 5 with 3019 viewsD_Alien

Tremendous result, and hope it'll quieten the doom-mongers for a few days at least

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:00 - Sep 5 with 3004 viewsboromat

Great result that especially in the circumstances. Somehow managed to get a result without anything up top really.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:01 - Sep 5 with 2991 viewsDalenet

Starting XI v Hudds on 16:59 - Sep 5 by D_Alien

Tremendous result, and hope it'll quieten the doom-mongers for a few days at least

Brilliant result - lots of endeavour there
Starting XI v Hudds on 17:01 - Sep 5 with 2976 viewsD_Alien

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:00 - Sep 5 by boromat

Great result that especially in the circumstances. Somehow managed to get a result without anything up top really.

Is that how flat-chested women feel when they get pregnant?

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:01 - Sep 5 with 2969 views1907

Starting XI v Hudds on 16:59 - Sep 5 by kel

Well that’s a bit of a pisser for the negative brigade on Facebook and Twitter who had written the game off as soon as the team was announced.

We all know we need more bodies but how about getting behind the lads currently wearing the shirt instead of condemning to defeat before the first fookin whistle?

A-fooking-men
Starting XI v Hudds on 17:03 - Sep 5 with 2883 views442Dale

Well that’s a bit of a pisser for the negative brigade on Facebook and Twitter who had written the game off as soon as the team was announced.

We all know we need more bodies but how about getting behind the lads currently wearing the shirt instead of condemning to defeat before the first fookin whistle?

That’s the mentality that needs fostering. There’s valid arguments that we are way short in certain departments and the club should rightly be questioned and criticised the longer it isn’t addressed, but we’ve got a very small squad including a lot of kids who are clearly doing their best under a manager who is prepared to do all he can to get results with what he has.

And that’s what he’s done today. Full marks to BBM especially and the players who got the result. The ball is now in the club’s court to support their manager further whilst we all try and make the best of a pretty crap situation.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:05 - Sep 5 with 2824 viewsTVOS1907

I thought our defending was excellent and apart from one wayward clearance, the goalkeeper looked very assured.

Obviously we are weak in many areas, but there can be no criticism of the performance and result today.

Into round two for the sixth consecutive season as well.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:08 - Sep 5 with 2740 viewsD_Alien

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:05 - Sep 5 by TVOS1907

I thought our defending was excellent and apart from one wayward clearance, the goalkeeper looked very assured.

Obviously we are weak in many areas, but there can be no criticism of the performance and result today.

Into round two for the sixth consecutive season as well.

Is that our first win at Huddersfield?

Login to get fewer ads

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:10 - Sep 5 with 2706 views442Dale

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:08 - Sep 5 by D_Alien

Is that our first win at Huddersfield?

Won there in the League Cup in 2001. 1-0, Tony Ford.

Also in a green and black kit.

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:11 - Sep 5 with 2672 viewsaleanddale

Absolutely!!!

Up the Dale.....

Lets get behind this young inexperienced team in what will be the craziest of seasons.

1-0 win.. wow wow wow
Starting XI v Hudds on 17:11 - Sep 5 with 2663 viewsjonahwhereru

Yes, hopefully that has burst the negative hot air bubble. Sure somebody will try and find a negative in a first goal first win and first clean sheet result against a team from a higher league. They will probably have a pop at the CEO at the same time.
This super effort today will have hurt because the fitness isn’t there. Hope nobody pulls out lame tomorrow. Easily couple of days now then build up to the game on Saturday which a few of us are looking forward too.
UTD
Starting XI v Hudds on 17:13 - Sep 5 with 2622 views442Dale

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:11 - Sep 5 by jonahwhereru

Yes, hopefully that has burst the negative hot air bubble. Sure somebody will try and find a negative in a first goal first win and first clean sheet result against a team from a higher league. They will probably have a pop at the CEO at the same time.
This super effort today will have hurt because the fitness isn’t there. Hope nobody pulls out lame tomorrow. Easily couple of days now then build up to the game on Saturday which a few of us are looking forward too.
UTD

Game at Morecambe on Tuesday in EFL trophy.

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:13 - Sep 5 with 2609 viewsDaleiLama

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:03 - Sep 5 by 442Dale

That’s the mentality that needs fostering. There’s valid arguments that we are way short in certain departments and the club should rightly be questioned and criticised the longer it isn’t addressed, but we’ve got a very small squad including a lot of kids who are clearly doing their best under a manager who is prepared to do all he can to get results with what he has.

And that’s what he’s done today. Full marks to BBM especially and the players who got the result. The ball is now in the club’s court to support their manager further whilst we all try and make the best of a pretty crap situation.

A good workman never blames his tools. He gets on with the job and finishes it with what he has available. His quote: "We’re going to go on Saturday and give it a right go." QED

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:16 - Sep 5 with 2552 viewsrochdaleriddler

Exactly, though I did have a quid on us losing by 3, shame on me and up the dale

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:19 - Sep 5 with 2488 viewsboromat

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:13 - Sep 5 by 442Dale

Game at Morecambe on Tuesday in EFL trophy.

Should imagine everyone that was on the bench might play. Rathbone might be given another 45. Be good to see Lund involved on Tues hope it's not too bad.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:25 - Sep 5 with 2426 viewsdawlishdale

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:03 - Sep 5 by 442Dale

Agree with this 100%. Gutsy performance from the team today, and a real Captain's game from EOC.

It's obvious for all to see that we need players in a couple of positions, but today, the lads on the pitch did us proud.
Starting XI v Hudds on 17:30 - Sep 5 with 2361 viewsBlueMessiah

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:25 - Sep 5 by dawlishdale

Agree with this 100%. Gutsy performance from the team today, and a real Captain's game from EOC.

It's obvious for all to see that we need players in a couple of positions, but today, the lads on the pitch did us proud.

We were solid, energetic and tenacious. Stuck to our passing principles without overdoing it. EOC was immense. Great performance and result. Dead proud tonight.

Up the Dale!

Poll: Do I Know You?

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:33 - Sep 5 with 2336 viewsdale18

Brilliant performance from the lads. Captains performance from EOC he was brilliant and I was really impressed with Bazunu he looks to be a class act. Midfield worked their socks off along with Matty Done. We all know were light upfront and need a left back but very proud of the boys tonight.

Up the Dale!
Starting XI v Hudds on 17:36 - Sep 5 with 2292 viewsmikehunt

Did Hudds put a reasonable team out? Always makes these unexpected wins a little tastier if they were trying too.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:36 - Sep 5 with 2300 viewsAtThePeake

Excellent performance. Huddersfield looked toothless but that was as much through our defensive work as anything they lacked. O'Connell, as always, was immense but good performances from Keohane and Morley too I thought. Add a Humphrys to that starting XI and it's definitely capable but we certainly lack depth atm.

Tangled up in blue.

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:38 - Sep 5 with 2274 viewsD_Dale

Starting XI v Hudds on 20:13 - Sep 4 by Thacks_Rabbits

What price are Huddersfield to win by 4 or more tomorrow. Got to be worth a punt ( I said punt not CEO)

Hope next week's rent money isn't in the bookie's pocket.

What I've not seen is how many of the Huddersfield team wouldn't be selected for league duties (whereas Dale played what most would regard as the strongest available team).
Starting XI v Hudds on 17:38 - Sep 5 with 2264 viewsAtThePeake

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:36 - Sep 5 by mikehunt

Did Hudds put a reasonable team out? Always makes these unexpected wins a little tastier if they were trying too.

Yeah, fairly strong XI from them with the likes of Hogg, Schindler, Ward and Bacuna playing, probably only 3/4 missing that are likely to start next weekend.

Tangled up in blue.

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:41 - Sep 5 with 2220 viewsTVOS1907

Draw tomorrow after the Brentford v Wycombe game

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/september/carabao-cup-round-two-and-three-draws-co

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:46 - Sep 5 with 2159 viewsrichfoad32

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:36 - Sep 5 by AtThePeake

Excellent performance. Huddersfield looked toothless but that was as much through our defensive work as anything they lacked. O'Connell, as always, was immense but good performances from Keohane and Morley too I thought. Add a Humphrys to that starting XI and it's definitely capable but we certainly lack depth atm.

Good to see McLaughlin come through the game unscathed as well. Held my breath a couple of times after he went down under some heavy challenges.

If we can somehow get 30+ games out of him this season, that would be massive.
Starting XI v Hudds on 17:56 - Sep 5 with 2040 viewsrkershaw

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:46 - Sep 5 by richfoad32

Good to see McLaughlin come through the game unscathed as well. Held my breath a couple of times after he went down under some heavy challenges.

If we can somehow get 30+ games out of him this season, that would be massive.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024