Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ifollow v Huddersfield 15:21 - Sep 3 with 8831 viewsBarrowdale

Please excuse my lack of techy knowledge but can someone please advise:
If I purchase an ifollow match pass for saturday, can I watch this somehow on tv or is it only on tablet/pc etc.
I don't have kit to mirror to tv etc but can access you tube on my tv. (is that any use??)

Chrs
Ifollow v Huddersfield on 16:42 - Sep 5 with 2579 viewsD_Alien

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 16:41 - Sep 5 by TVOS1907

I've no idea, tbh, but maybe it only applies to league games, as a cup match would have a split gate, so maybe this (i)follows the same principle.

See what happens next week and for the Portsmouth game.

It's already been announced SC holders can watch home games for free, but I don't know about DSC.

It's something the club could easily clear up by being more specific - or if they can't just yet, bloody well say so!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 16:45 - Sep 5 with 2557 viewsTVOS1907

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 16:42 - Sep 5 by D_Alien

It's something the club could easily clear up by being more specific - or if they can't just yet, bloody well say so!

Aye, that's true.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 17:05 - Sep 5 with 2454 viewsblackvincent

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 16:17 - Sep 5 by Dale69er

Anyone else having problens viewing the match? Bought the match pass but when selecting "Watch now" it just returns me to the "Subscribe now" page. Been waiting for an assistant on live chat since kick off. Absolute sh1te. Audio fine but won't be using video again.

Exactly the same issue for me. Have emailed asking for a refund.
Ifollow v Huddersfield on 17:06 - Sep 5 with 2428 viewsDalenet

Worth £10 to watch that. Very happy. For once I didn't lose the signal at all during the game. Very professional
Ifollow v Huddersfield on 17:10 - Sep 5 with 2384 viewsDale69er

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 17:05 - Sep 5 by blackvincent

Exactly the same issue for me. Have emailed asking for a refund.

Me too
Ifollow v Huddersfield on 17:31 - Sep 5 with 2306 viewsAtThePeake

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 16:42 - Sep 5 by D_Alien

True. I bought a DFC thinking that over the course of the season I'd save the money, if not through getting to games if the attendances remain limited then at least through a combination of a few live games and the iFollow discounts but now I'm less certain as to how much of a discount we will get - and how often we will get it. Would be good to get some clarification.

Tangled up in blue.

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 17:49 - Sep 5 with 2235 viewsD_Alien

I've sent the following email to the club:

I'm enquiring about how the discounts will work for those with either a Season Card or a Dale Family Card, as advertised by the club.

I haven't bought either yet, but i feel that it's incumbent upon the club to be specific about what the benefits will be. I note that for those following the Huddersfield match (great win!), no discount was available. With attendances currently limited, iFollow is a potential source of income to the club, and it'd be a shame if that income isn't forthcoming due to lack of information.

So could you please specify:

1) Are the discounts going to be available only for home games?

2) Are all home games, i.e. league and cup, included?

3) How much will the discount be on the standard £10 price?

I also note that some fans who've not used this service before, experienced difficulties and spent £10 with no product to show for it. They'll be applying for a refund (according to their posts on the Rochdale fans messageboard). Will refunds be available if no service is provided?

If you're unsure about the answers to these questions, please feel free to forward this email to someone at the club who can provide definitive answers.

Thanks,

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 19:37 - Sep 5 with 2074 viewsDale69er

To clarify, I'm expecting the refund to come from iFollow, not the club, since that is who I paid.
Login to get fewer ads

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 19:49 - Sep 5 with 2047 viewsD_Alien

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 19:37 - Sep 5 by Dale69er

To clarify, I'm expecting the refund to come from iFollow, not the club, since that is who I paid.

That's fine, but there is a responsibility on behalf of the club to ensure that fans receive a service they've paid for which has been advertised and accessed via the official club website

The club will be reading this, and i sincerely hope there isn't an attempt to absolve themselves and pass all responsibility onto iFollow, not least since the club will be receiving income from your custom

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 23:47 - Sep 5 with 1850 viewsD_Alien

I've received this response from a member of the Dale media team:

"Many thanks for your email.

In answer to your below questions:

All Season Card holders will receive a FREE pass for any home league match that is played behind closed doors. Cup competitions are not included under EFL rules, nor are away league matches, in the same way a Season Card would usually work.

This was confirmed in the following article on our website from 26th August > https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/ifollow--live-streaming-2020/

We hope to be able to confirm what iFollow discount is available to Dale Family Rewards Card holders as soon as possible.

Information will be sent to existing Season Card holders in the coming week with how they can redeem their free pass for our game against Portsmouth.

Those supporters who experienced difficulties with accessing the live match today are advised to contact iFollow (iFollow@efl.com) if they wish to request a refund. We are of course happy to pass on any supporter feedback to iFollow.

Did you purchase a match pass for today’s game against Huddersfield? If so, how did you find the experience? We’re keen to listen to all feedback, positive and negative, to aid the EFL in continuously improving the iFollow service.

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact myself or the club."

Must admit, that's a very timely response, and will hopefully have given impetus to those with, or intending to purchase a DFC in terms of discounted iFollow passes, which was ultimately my main concern
[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 23:51]

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 00:11 - Sep 6 with 1811 viewsJames1980

Listened to the commentary whilst driving brilliant to start the season of with a win.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 15:50 - Sep 6 with 1656 viewsA_Newby

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 17:10 - Sep 5 by Dale69er

Me too

Hello - My first ever post, I normally just read messages on this forum.

Anyone else having problems viewing the match? Bought the match pass but when selecting "Watch now" it just returns me to the "Subscribe now" page. Been waiting for an assistant on live chat since kick off. Absolute sh1te. Audio fine but won't be using video again.

I had the same problem on my laptop. I used the link and advice provided by RAFC and purchased a pass. When I later tried to watch the match I kept getting a message asking me to "subscribe now".

After being angry and having no reply from the EFL for 30 minutes I calmed down and approached it logically. I tried the advice from the EFL and changed browsers etc, I even tried on the ifollow app on my mobile, all with no success.

I then looked at the details on my login page, there I could see a list of the packages I had purchased. There was my usual audio pass and one video pass that expired on 16/09/2020. Underneath I found a description of my purchases and realised that the video stream I had purchased was for the first round of the EFL trophy against Morecambe and not for the Huddersfield game.

I then purchased a new pass and everything worked perfectly.

You may want to check if you did the same. I don't know if it was due to an error by me or a poor link / instructions from RAFC. I do have a pass for the Morecambe EFL trophy game which I may have purchased anyway.

Do not rate the EFL ifollow support, no reply at all apart from an auto response. They may have been able to spot the problem if there was someone there to reply.
Ifollow v Huddersfield on 19:20 - Sep 6 with 1495 viewsblackdogblue

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 15:50 - Sep 6 by A_Newby

Anyone else having problems viewing the match? Bought the match pass but when selecting "Watch now" it just returns me to the "Subscribe now" page. Been waiting for an assistant on live chat since kick off. Absolute sh1te. Audio fine but won't be using video again.

I had the same problem on my laptop. I used the link and advice provided by RAFC and purchased a pass. When I later tried to watch the match I kept getting a message asking me to "subscribe now".

After being angry and having no reply from the EFL for 30 minutes I calmed down and approached it logically. I tried the advice from the EFL and changed browsers etc, I even tried on the ifollow app on my mobile, all with no success.

I then looked at the details on my login page, there I could see a list of the packages I had purchased. There was my usual audio pass and one video pass that expired on 16/09/2020. Underneath I found a description of my purchases and realised that the video stream I had purchased was for the first round of the EFL trophy against Morecambe and not for the Huddersfield game.

You may want to check if you did the same. I don't know if it was due to an error by me or a poor link / instructions from RAFC. I do have a pass for the Morecambe EFL trophy game which I may have purchased anyway.

Do not rate the EFL ifollow support, no reply at all apart from an auto response. They may have been able to spot the problem if there was someone there to reply.

Was it that boring sat on the bench?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 22:16 - Sep 6 with 1388 viewsDale69er

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 15:50 - Sep 6 by A_Newby

What a stupid bugger I am! I did notice that the next match was advertised as Morecambe but thought I had navigated to the Huddersfield match purchase page. As I now seem to have a Morecambe match pass I'll see what happens on Tuesday and let you know.

It's not easy navigating away from the match advertised on the "Subscribe now" page. It would appear that iFollow expect passes to be purchased well in advance. I tried to buy the Huddersfield pass on Saturday at about 2 pm, but at this stage the only option was Morecambe
Ifollow v Huddersfield on 22:26 - Sep 6 with 1361 viewsTVOS1907

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 22:16 - Sep 6 by Dale69er

What a stupid bugger I am! I did notice that the next match was advertised as Morecambe but thought I had navigated to the Huddersfield match purchase page. As I now seem to have a Morecambe match pass I'll see what happens on Tuesday and let you know.

It's not easy navigating away from the match advertised on the "Subscribe now" page. It would appear that iFollow expect passes to be purchased well in advance. I tried to buy the Huddersfield pass on Saturday at about 2 pm, but at this stage the only option was Morecambe

And yet I purchased the Huddersfield game at 2.50pm.

I can't remember exactly what was on the screen when I did it, but I'll check if I get the same things you did on Tuesday and then again next Saturday.

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 22:26 - Sep 6 with 1361 viewsD_Alien

Why blame yourself? The system is clearly flawed

[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 10:03]

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 22:27 - Sep 6 with 1348 viewsAtThePeake

I bought my Huddersfield pass 10 seconds after kick-off with no problems.

Tangled up in blue.

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 04:25 - Sep 7 with 1259 viewsjokerthief

Can anybody who watched this match please inform me if the players knelt before kick of.
I ask because if this is going to carry on all season, i,m finished with soccer forever.
And I have been a Dale fan since most people on here was born.
Ifollow v Huddersfield (n/t) on 05:59 - Sep 7 with 1241 viewsjokerthief

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 07:45 - Sep 7 with 1194 viewsTipperaryDale

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 04:25 - Sep 7 by jokerthief

Can anybody who watched this match please inform me if the players knelt before kick of.
I ask because if this is going to carry on all season, i,m finished with soccer forever.

They did kneel, but the players crossed their fingers beforehand, so don't worry, it didn't count.
Ifollow v Huddersfield on 07:49 - Sep 7 with 1191 viewskel

What relevance does the time of how long you’ve been watching Dale have?
Ifollow v Huddersfield on 07:54 - Sep 7 with 1186 viewsnordenblue

Yes....that bell end Lewis Hamilton came lathering it around the corner too, just to show his amazing support to the movement 🤘
Ifollow v Huddersfield on 08:22 - Sep 7 with 1164 viewsTVOS1907

No they didn't and no you haven't.

Try again.

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 08:42 - Sep 7 with 1130 viewsJames1980

After the statement listing where we are losing money and the amounts. Be good if the club could say how many purchased match passes and how much the club will get in return, it might encourage others to purchase one for other games, if the could see how much the club benefits. Also the IFollow subscriptions for highlights, replays, commentaries and full length interviews. Then the message could include what the bill(s) the amount(s) cover(s) for example this covers the electricity bill for Xdays.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Ifollow v Huddersfield on 09:45 - Sep 7 with 1077 viewsrochdaleriddler

‘Soccer’ nuff said

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024