Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smallbone/Romeu/Prowse 14:24 - Sep 12 with 2223 viewsI_would

Must be the weakest and least attacking midfield in the Premiership. I suspect a lot of long hopeful balls today from CB's to strikers waiting on the edge of the area when they get fed up with them pinging back from the MF immediately.
Pray for club sale and new quality AMF players.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Smallbone/Romeu/Prowse on 07:02 - Sep 13 with 449 viewsCity_boy

Smallbone has yet to convince me he is going to make it at this level.
Smallbone/Romeu/Prowse on 09:18 - Sep 13 with 389 viewsDorsetIan

We missed Armstrong. I think a lot of our improvement last season was down to his finding his role as a proper attacking midfielder in the side. He creates things.

I too am not yet convinced by Smallbone, however in the second half he whipped in two really good crosses. Djneppo was just the same as last seasons and I remain to be convinced about him too. Redmond was disappointing.

Thought many of the others played OK. It could easily have been 1-1 and then we’d have been disappointed but wouldn’t have been quite so upset at the players.

Think Hodgson won this one. He knew we’d have our tails up and would be very attacking, so they defended deep got one on the break and then defended deep again. We played into their hands a bit there.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Smallbone/Romeu/Prowse on 16:30 - Sep 16 with 289 viewsBerber

Given that Armstrong and Redmond would be considered as attacking midfielders in the recent past, I'm not sure the original argument holds. Smallbone was hugely ineffective, and probably will not be much more than a squad player, same as Obefemi unless they start making more of a consistent impact. The big problem against Palace was how many times Romeu gave up possession when we were in attack mode. For example, with Walker Peters moving up, Romeu needlessly gave the ball away and left us completely exposed and they scored. WP got some stick on TV for not being in position, but the CB should be covering when he goes forward.

On that performance, we will struggle with Smallbone and Romeu in the starting eleven.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024