Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taking a Knee 15:01 - Sep 12 with 14158 viewsSuddenLad

I bet they wouldn't have done that with a crowd inside the ground.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Taking a Knee on 23:33 - Sep 12 with 1298 viewsroccydaleian

Taking a Knee on 23:20 - Sep 12 by AtThePeake

Perhaps I'm being naive then but I think the majority of people see the recent movement and organisation as different entities, especially since the majority of people aren't even aware of the organisation's existence despite the recent movement.

I'll continue to support BLM where possible because I believe in the slogan and the sentiment and I believe that's how most people interpret it, I don't see that as automatic support for the organisation tbh.

Fair enough and I fully respect your decision, just as I’d hope you’d respect my decision not to give support to an organisation that I have political misgivings about.
Taking a Knee on 23:35 - Sep 12 with 1292 viewsjudd

Taking a Knee on 23:20 - Sep 12 by AtThePeake

Perhaps I'm being naive then but I think the majority of people see the recent movement and organisation as different entities, especially since the majority of people aren't even aware of the organisation's existence despite the recent movement.

I'll continue to support BLM where possible because I believe in the slogan and the sentiment and I believe that's how most people interpret it, I don't see that as automatic support for the organisation tbh.

But most people don't interpret the message as simple, hence the arguments and therefore division.

Add that to the violent protests, widespread looting and destruction of property and the simplicity becomes wholly problematic to society as a whole.

Football stadia are rightly adorned with anti racism messages. I'd rather see stewards and clubs taking action against racists and homophobes when crowds and chanting returns in terms of ejections and arrests and banning orders.That's a more effective message in actually doing something about this stain on society.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Taking a Knee on 23:50 - Sep 12 with 1265 viewsThe_Knightowl

Taking a Knee on 23:35 - Sep 12 by judd

But most people don't interpret the message as simple, hence the arguments and therefore division.

Add that to the violent protests, widespread looting and destruction of property and the simplicity becomes wholly problematic to society as a whole.

Football stadia are rightly adorned with anti racism messages. I'd rather see stewards and clubs taking action against racists and homophobes when crowds and chanting returns in terms of ejections and arrests and banning orders.That's a more effective message in actually doing something about this stain on society.

violent protests, widespread looting and destruction of property

Judd I observe / lurk

I am merely an observer on the Fringe very often smiling

All that is Self based .........it is what it is....
Taking a Knee on 23:55 - Sep 12 with 1257 viewsjudd

Taking a Knee on 23:50 - Sep 12 by The_Knightowl

violent protests, widespread looting and destruction of property

Judd I observe / lurk

I am merely an observer on the Fringe very often smiling

All that is Self based .........it is what it is....

I'm also white skinned offspring of an immigrant subject to similar abuse as you, and the occasional slap for being an IRA bastard because our culture saw us wear a fookin weedy shamrock once a year.

Fook the IRA.

Taking a Knee on 00:01 - Sep 13 with 1245 viewsAtThePeake

Taking a Knee on 23:35 - Sep 12 by judd

Obviously can't disagree with the final paragraph and I do think that the football authorities in England have been guilty of platitudes in place of actually tackling the issues before, which some could argue is the case with the taking a knee, although I do think it was originally the players' decision as a whole to start doing it. I might be wrong there.

Tangled up in blue.

Taking a Knee on 00:13 - Sep 13 with 1233 viewsThe_Knightowl

Taking a Knee on 23:55 - Sep 12 by judd

I'm also white skinned offspring of an immigrant subject to similar abuse as you, and the occasional slap for being an IRA bastard because our culture saw us wear a fookin weedy shamrock once a year.

Fook the IRA.

Judd your not White...........that is the deception of education YOUR YOU..............JUST YOU as I am ME sadly I am Lime Green and I don't matter
Taking a Knee on 00:19 - Sep 13 with 1226 viewsjudd

Taking a Knee on 00:13 - Sep 13 by The_Knightowl

Judd your not White...........that is the deception of education YOUR YOU..............JUST YOU as I am ME sadly I am Lime Green and I don't matter

You're pissed

Taking a Knee on 00:27 - Sep 13 with 1222 viewsThe_Knightowl

Taking a Knee on 00:19 - Sep 13 by judd

You're pissed

Always but dont tell Wendy (thats the wife)
Login to get fewer ads

Taking a Knee on 00:28 - Sep 13 with 1218 viewsjudd

Taking a Knee on 00:27 - Sep 13 by The_Knightowl

Always but dont tell Wendy (thats the wife)

I know 😁

Taking a Knee on 00:31 - Sep 13 with 1214 viewsThe_Knightowl

Taking a Knee on 00:28 - Sep 13 by judd

I know 😁

I have messaged your wives :)
Taking a Knee on 00:52 - Sep 13 with 1198 viewsThe_Knightowl

Taking a Knee on 08:18 - Sep 13 with 1061 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Taking a Knee on 23:02 - Sep 12 by roccydaleian

Read fully the link I posted to you originally, it’s all in there in every detail. Every detail except what they’d replace the police with, what they’d replace capitalism with, and how doing such things would help black people.

Roccy, I’ve read the full link. Please refer me to where it says they want to dismantle capitalism and defund the police? It doesn’t does it?
Can you also please confirm what in this link you have political misgivings about?
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 8:24]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Taking a Knee on 08:24 - Sep 13 with 1055 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Taking a Knee on 22:50 - Sep 12 by jokerthief

I would refuse to kneel for the guy in Birmingham last week who stabbed 7 people.

Nobody is asking you to though are they? What a ridiculous thing to say.

Taking a Knee on 08:55 - Sep 13 with 1026 viewsroccydaleian

Taking a Knee on 08:18 - Sep 13 by BigDaveMyCock

Roccy, I’ve read the full link. Please refer me to where it says they want to dismantle capitalism and defund the police? It doesn’t does it?
Can you also please confirm what in this link you have political misgivings about?
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 8:24]

We’re guided by a commitment to dismantle imperialism, capitalism, white-supremacy, patriarchy and the state structures that disproportionately harm black people in Britain and around the world. We build deep relationships across the diaspora and strategise to challenge the rise of the authoritarian right-wing across the world, from Brazil to Britain.
The link I originally posted to you actually calls for the police to be abolished (see reply to James)
Defunding the police is here

https://blacklivesmatter.com/defundthepolice/
Dismantling capitalism and defunding the police are political aspirations and are more than equality issues, they are some of the political misgivings I have.
Taking a Knee on 09:08 - Sep 13 with 1009 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Taking a Knee on 08:55 - Sep 13 by roccydaleian

We’re guided by a commitment to dismantle imperialism, capitalism, white-supremacy, patriarchy and the state structures that disproportionately harm black people in Britain and around the world. We build deep relationships across the diaspora and strategise to challenge the rise of the authoritarian right-wing across the world, from Brazil to Britain.
The link I originally posted to you actually calls for the police to be abolished (see reply to James)
Defunding the police is here

https://blacklivesmatter.com/defundthepolice/
Dismantling capitalism and defunding the police are political aspirations and are more than equality issues, they are some of the political misgivings I have.

This is not on the original link you posted is it?
Given that, as ATP rightly pointed out, the vast majority of people believe in the slogan and what it represents and not this organisation you are determined to insist represents the BLM movement, do you believe in the slogan?
By insisting that this organisation is the BLM movement, despite the vast majority of people saying it’s not, it gives you a nice little distraction from the real issue doesn’t it?
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 9:20]

Taking a Knee on 09:20 - Sep 13 with 980 viewsroccydaleian

Taking a Knee on 09:08 - Sep 13 by BigDaveMyCock

Given that, as ATP rightly pointed out, the vast majority of people believe in the slogan and what it represents and not this organisation you are determined to insist represents the BLM movement, do you believe in the slogan?
By insisting that this organisation is the BLM movement, despite the vast majority of people saying it’s not, it gives you a nice little distraction from the real issue doesn’t it?

Your pathetic game playing is getting tedious now. If you want to support an organisation that wants to defund/ abolish the police and dismantle capitalism then good for you.
Dismantling capitalism and abolishing the police are taken off the link I posted to you.
Defunding the police police is off another BLM site, does it matter? They are all aims of BLM clearly stated.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 10:38]
Taking a Knee on 09:26 - Sep 13 with 959 viewsroccydaleian

Taking a Knee on 09:08 - Sep 13 by BigDaveMyCock

A distraction that an organisation wants to change the Western world, which is hidden behind a slogan, I don’t think it’s me doing any distractions, I’m just pointing out the aims of an organisation I disagree with, and what probably quite a few people are not aware of.
Taking a Knee on 09:28 - Sep 13 with 956 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Taking a Knee on 09:20 - Sep 13 by roccydaleian

Your pathetic game playing is getting tedious now. If you want to support an organisation that wants to defund/ abolish the police and dismantle capitalism then good for you.
Dismantling capitalism and abolishing the police are taken off the link I posted to you.
Defunding the police police is off another BLM site, does it matter? They are all aims of BLM clearly stated.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 10:38]

It’s called deflection tactics what you’re doing and it’s abundantly clear. Very revealing.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 9:31]

Taking a Knee on 09:31 - Sep 13 with 937 viewsroccydaleian

Taking a Knee on 09:28 - Sep 13 by BigDaveMyCock

It’s called deflection tactics what you’re doing and it’s abundantly clear. Very revealing.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 9:31]

No, it’s called telling the truth. Now please tell me what you find revealing, do you think I’m hiding something?
Taking a Knee on 09:40 - Sep 13 with 916 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Taking a Knee on 09:31 - Sep 13 by roccydaleian

No, it’s called telling the truth. Now please tell me what you find revealing, do you think I’m hiding something?

You insist that the movement is all about disabling capitalism and defunding the police, despite the fact that it’s not what the vast majority of people mean when they agree with the slogan black lives matter.
By constantly referring back to anti-capitalism etc. you conveniently do not engage with the real issue that people are seeking to raise, namely, institutionalised racism. You make anti-capitalism etc. the major issue by insisting that’s what people must agree with if they support the slogan/movement, despite the fact that it’s not. It enables you disagree without engaging with the real issue.
PS you don’t own the truth.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 9:45]

Taking a Knee on 09:55 - Sep 13 with 882 viewsroccydaleian

Taking a Knee on 09:40 - Sep 13 by BigDaveMyCock

You insist that the movement is all about disabling capitalism and defunding the police, despite the fact that it’s not what the vast majority of people mean when they agree with the slogan black lives matter.
By constantly referring back to anti-capitalism etc. you conveniently do not engage with the real issue that people are seeking to raise, namely, institutionalised racism. You make anti-capitalism etc. the major issue by insisting that’s what people must agree with if they support the slogan/movement, despite the fact that it’s not. It enables you disagree without engaging with the real issue.
PS you don’t own the truth.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 9:45]

What a load of cobblers. I’ve stated that I’d support BLM fully if they were an equality/ human rights organisation. It’s my opinion that I think people are rather hypocritical that on one hand they support an organisation but on the other hand disagree about their political beliefs which you have stated you do, for me they both go hand in hand, I’m just voicing my opinion while showing both sides of the coin, one side I agree with, the other side I bitterly don’t.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 9:57]
Taking a Knee on 10:18 - Sep 13 with 842 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Taking a Knee on 09:55 - Sep 13 by roccydaleian

What a load of cobblers. I’ve stated that I’d support BLM fully if they were an equality/ human rights organisation. It’s my opinion that I think people are rather hypocritical that on one hand they support an organisation but on the other hand disagree about their political beliefs which you have stated you do, for me they both go hand in hand, I’m just voicing my opinion while showing both sides of the coin, one side I agree with, the other side I bitterly don’t.

FFS very few support the ‘organisation’ that you are referring to, the vast majority of people are supporting the slogan/movement. Stop fixating over it. Or maybe you’re gaining something by constantly referring to it?
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 10:19]

Taking a Knee on 10:25 - Sep 13 with 829 viewsroccydaleian

Taking a Knee on 10:18 - Sep 13 by BigDaveMyCock

FFS very few support the ‘organisation’ that you are referring to, the vast majority of people are supporting the slogan/movement. Stop fixating over it. Or maybe you’re gaining something by constantly referring to it?
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 10:19]

I’m not fixating over anything sunshine, it’s you that has the problem dealing with the truth, whereas I’m voicing an opinion .
P.S. You don’t own people’s opinions
Taking a Knee on 10:40 - Sep 13 with 809 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Taking a Knee on 10:25 - Sep 13 by roccydaleian

I’m not fixating over anything sunshine, it’s you that has the problem dealing with the truth, whereas I’m voicing an opinion .
P.S. You don’t own people’s opinions

Errr...ok then Roccy.

Taking a Knee on 10:44 - Sep 13 with 803 viewsnordenblue

Taking a Knee on 09:55 - Sep 13 by roccydaleian

Just be told unless you agree with it all you're a bloody racist,if you choose to argue it you're also a racist,if you opt not to answer you're a bigger racist for not having an opinion when you must have one, thats the rules you're playing with in this game roccy I'm afraid..
You make some cracking points
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024