Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taking a Knee 15:01 - Sep 12 with 14163 viewsSuddenLad

I bet they wouldn't have done that with a crowd inside the ground.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Taking a Knee on 10:59 - Sep 13 with 1381 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Taking a Knee on 10:44 - Sep 13 by nordenblue

Just be told unless you agree with it all you're a bloody racist,if you choose to argue it you're also a racist,if you opt not to answer you're a bigger racist for not having an opinion when you must have one, thats the rules you're playing with in this game roccy I'm afraid..
You make some cracking points

Norden, nobody has called you or Roccy a racist have they? Stop bleating.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 11:00]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Taking a Knee on 11:09 - Sep 13 with 1350 viewsncfc_chalky

When all said and done politics and taking the knee should be kept out of sport,going to watch your team should be an escape from the world's woes for a afternoon and if I was a player I wouldn't kneel because of that but I know that I would be rounded up on by the dogooders and proclaimed to be a racist,why do we have to have a gay day at grounds as well,there was one last season at Notts with multi coloured corner flags and players wearing rainbow laces amongst other stuff scattered around the ground,it's just wrong forcing opinions on people,just go.to enjoy the game ffs

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Taking a Knee on 11:15 - Sep 13 with 1332 viewsThe_Knightowl

TIME OUT

This is a battle nobody will or can ever win because MOST/ALL are institutionalized.

This life is about LEARNING .it is fleeting.

For those Atheists Boy have I got news for you .

This life is about YOU and learning detachment (Watch the life of PI)

Its about LOVE simple as.

These debates will and are intended to be eternal

Taking a Knee on 11:18 - Sep 13 with 1321 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Taking a Knee on 11:09 - Sep 13 by ncfc_chalky

When all said and done politics and taking the knee should be kept out of sport,going to watch your team should be an escape from the world's woes for a afternoon and if I was a player I wouldn't kneel because of that but I know that I would be rounded up on by the dogooders and proclaimed to be a racist,why do we have to have a gay day at grounds as well,there was one last season at Notts with multi coloured corner flags and players wearing rainbow laces amongst other stuff scattered around the ground,it's just wrong forcing opinions on people,just go.to enjoy the game ffs

How does any of that prevent you from enjoying your match day experience? It’s not as though you are being pulled up because you happen to be black by a copper or beat up because you are gay, is it?

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Taking a Knee on 11:22 - Sep 13 with 1307 viewsThe_Knightowl

You need a hug Chalky you deserve a hug...mines a pint
Taking a Knee on 11:23 - Sep 13 with 1305 viewsncfc_chalky

Taking a Knee on 11:18 - Sep 13 by foreverhopefulDale

How does any of that prevent you from enjoying your match day experience? It’s not as though you are being pulled up because you happen to be black by a copper or beat up because you are gay, is it?

There are loads of other platforms to air your views on racism or homosexuality,why drag it into Meadow Lane as well,I want a relaxing or even an exciting day of football not somebody else's views forced upon me especially as I've paid twenty odd quid for the experience
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 11:24]

Taking a Knee on 11:35 - Sep 13 with 1267 viewsnordenblue

Taking a Knee on 10:59 - Sep 13 by BigDaveMyCock

Norden, nobody has called you or Roccy a racist have they? Stop bleating.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 11:00]

You've called folk out for differing to your warped ideas having clearly swallowed the handbook,insinuating that its racist to disagree,gone right around the houses to petty point score when folk have made valid reasons why its an absolute load of bollox...
Ill "bleat" whenever I like too if thats OK with you?
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 11:37]
Taking a Knee on 11:35 - Sep 13 with 1265 viewsjudd

Taking a Knee on 11:23 - Sep 13 by ncfc_chalky

There are loads of other platforms to air your views on racism or homosexuality,why drag it into Meadow Lane as well,I want a relaxing or even an exciting day of football not somebody else's views forced upon me especially as I've paid twenty odd quid for the experience

You should try across the river for good football, chalky lad.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

Taking a Knee on 11:36 - Sep 13 with 1264 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Taking a Knee on 11:23 - Sep 13 by ncfc_chalky

Just ignore it and concentrate on the high level of football on the pitch.
I manage to ignore the crappy advertising that’s all around the ground, when watching the amazing football played at Spotland, pretty sure you can ignore some pink boot laces and players taking a knee.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Taking a Knee on 11:49 - Sep 13 with 1231 viewspioneer

Im with you chalky....on this matter only....and with that.....FOC.
Taking a Knee on 11:55 - Sep 13 with 1215 viewsncfc_chalky

Taking a Knee on 11:36 - Sep 13 by foreverhopefulDale

Just ignore it and concentrate on the high level of football on the pitch.
I manage to ignore the crappy advertising that’s all around the ground, when watching the amazing football played at Spotland, pretty sure you can ignore some pink boot laces and players taking a knee.

But why should I have to ignore the political and sex views of others? I've come to get away from that crap for the afternoon not have leaflets rammed into my hand as soon as I enter the ground,leave politics out of sport because if anything it just becomes counterproductive with me

Taking a Knee on 11:55 - Sep 13 with 1214 viewsblackdogblue

Racism, Religion, Politics & Hendo should banned from this board, would make reading it a lot less painful at times...

For the record, Bobby Grant was found not guilty after a 2 day trial. What he actually said was “you fookin goon)

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Taking a Knee on 11:58 - Sep 13 with 1209 viewsD_Alien

Observing teams taking the knee is becoming something of a 'thing' in itself, as the camera zooms in

Who's looking like they don't want to be doing it?

Are the black players checking on their white team-mates, to make sure they're taking it seriously?

Who's got an expression on their face that says "Look at me, i'm taking this very seriously" i.e. trying too hard

Who's thinking "Which player was it the manager told me to mark at corners?"

All this and more, whilst being perfectly mindful of the issue

Could be more interesting than the game itself, unless we stop faffing about at the back

[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 12:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Taking a Knee on 11:58 - Sep 13 with 1213 viewsncfc_chalky

Taking a Knee on 11:35 - Sep 13 by judd

You should try across the river for good football, chalky lad.

The only way that you get me into the CG would be in the away end

Taking a Knee on 12:10 - Sep 13 with 1182 viewsjudd

Taking a Knee on 11:58 - Sep 13 by ncfc_chalky

That might never happen again if you want to watch County from there

Poll: What is it to be then?

Taking a Knee on 12:19 - Sep 13 with 1161 viewsAncoats_Blue

Taking a Knee on 11:55 - Sep 13 by blackdogblue

Racism, Religion, Politics & Hendo should banned from this board, would make reading it a lot less painful at times...

For the record, Bobby Grant was found not guilty after a 2 day trial. What he actually said was “you fookin goon)

Agree, and I’m usually one of the people arguing on here when stuff gets political. I think a lot us can’t help ourselves. Especially after a few pints in the sun in my case (Sorry ;)) One reason I stopped using social media was to avoid having to constantly read through other peoples’ political leanings. I don’t know most people on here behind their usernames. I don’t need everyone to agree with the same stuff as me. I’ve got friends and family I can put the world to rights with if I need to. So from me anyway an effort to stick to posting about the Dale this season (and retaining my prediction league crown ofc).
Taking a Knee on 12:45 - Sep 13 with 1125 viewsSuddenLad

Taking a Knee on 11:58 - Sep 13 by ncfc_chalky

My Grandson's off to Uni at Nottingham on Wednesday for a 4-year course. He's staying at Raleigh Park. I've told him to get down to Meadow Lane for his fix of football and he's quite looking forward to swelling the numbers by 1.

He's looking forward to NCFC becoming his 'adopted team' after being reared on Dale games. for the past 14 years. Plenty of the teams in that league have been to Spotland in the years he's been watching Dale.

Buy him a brew and make him feel welcome.

Taking a Knee on 13:01 - Sep 13 with 1079 viewsncfc_chalky

Taking a Knee on 12:45 - Sep 13 by SuddenLad

My Grandson's off to Uni at Nottingham on Wednesday for a 4-year course. He's staying at Raleigh Park. I've told him to get down to Meadow Lane for his fix of football and he's quite looking forward to swelling the numbers by 1.

He's looking forward to NCFC becoming his 'adopted team' after being reared on Dale games. for the past 14 years. Plenty of the teams in that league have been to Spotland in the years he's been watching Dale.

Buy him a brew and make him feel welcome.

It's good to see a grandad giving his grandson such good advice when leaving home for a strange city,if he wants to join in with some singing and general rowdyness then he should sit in the kop or if he prefers to get 10 minutes kip at sometime then sit in the Pavis stand but the kop is cheaper,I know that in the past Notts have done cheap admittance and even free tickets to some games for students but I can't remember seeing those offers for a while but then again I haven't looked and I will ask around then crowds are allowed back in,singing the wheelbarrow song is unfortunately compulsory
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 13:02]

Taking a Knee on 14:15 - Sep 13 with 974 viewsjoecooke

Taking a Knee on 11:15 - Sep 13 by The_Knightowl

TIME OUT

This is a battle nobody will or can ever win because MOST/ALL are institutionalized.

This life is about LEARNING .it is fleeting.

For those Atheists Boy have I got news for you .

This life is about YOU and learning detachment (Watch the life of PI)

Its about LOVE simple as.

These debates will and are intended to be eternal

Agree with all that ,but being an athiest or not does not make those views more or less valid.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Taking a Knee on 14:58 - Sep 13 with 928 viewsrochdaleriddler

Taking a Knee on 12:19 - Sep 13 by Ancoats_Blue

Agree, and I’m usually one of the people arguing on here when stuff gets political. I think a lot us can’t help ourselves. Especially after a few pints in the sun in my case (Sorry ;)) One reason I stopped using social media was to avoid having to constantly read through other peoples’ political leanings. I don’t know most people on here behind their usernames. I don’t need everyone to agree with the same stuff as me. I’ve got friends and family I can put the world to rights with if I need to. So from me anyway an effort to stick to posting about the Dale this season (and retaining my prediction league crown ofc).

Already doing that , I’ve refrained from responding on this post because it was designed to wind people up, and the usual subjects are out in force with the cut and paste philosophies. Just the footy to concentrate on for me.(probably).

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Taking a Knee on 15:13 - Sep 13 with 911 viewsAtThePeake

Taking a Knee on 12:19 - Sep 13 by Ancoats_Blue

Great post. Find myself in the same position Ancoats having deleted my FB and Twitter accounts for that reason. I have tried to avoid posting about politics on here too, it was the reason I ended up not reading or posting on here for a couple of years so I need to be wary of being hypocritical and going down the same route.

Tangled up in blue.

Taking a Knee on 15:41 - Sep 13 with 865 viewsSuddenLad

Taking a Knee on 14:58 - Sep 13 by rochdaleriddler

Already doing that , I’ve refrained from responding on this post because it was designed to wind people up, and the usual subjects are out in force with the cut and paste philosophies. Just the footy to concentrate on for me.(probably).

It was not ever designed to 'wind people up' - as you put it - when I made the OP. It was my opinion. Nothing more. When does it cease? Why will it cease? What will the reaction be when it DOES cease? Nobody seems to know.

People have expressed their views, which is fine. Others have offered their counter views as well. Equally fine. That's what discussion and debate is about. Exchanges of views. Stop thinking about ulterior motives. There wasn't one.

'The usual suspects' - whoever they may be - are entitled to contribute. You (or I) don't have to agree.

Disagreeing with someone, doesn't mean you have to hate them.

Taking a Knee on 16:09 - Sep 13 with 819 viewsrochdaleriddler

Taking a Knee on 15:41 - Sep 13 by SuddenLad

It was not ever designed to 'wind people up' - as you put it - when I made the OP. It was my opinion. Nothing more. When does it cease? Why will it cease? What will the reaction be when it DOES cease? Nobody seems to know.

People have expressed their views, which is fine. Others have offered their counter views as well. Equally fine. That's what discussion and debate is about. Exchanges of views. Stop thinking about ulterior motives. There wasn't one.

'The usual suspects' - whoever they may be - are entitled to contribute. You (or I) don't have to agree.

Disagreeing with someone, doesn't mean you have to hate them.

I don’t know most of the people on here, the ones that I do know I don’t hate, some I actually like! As I said going to concentrate on the football, I’ll leave others to ruminate on the overthrow of the world order or football gay days

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Taking a Knee on 17:36 - Sep 13 with 744 viewsblackdogblue

Taking a Knee on 16:09 - Sep 13 by rochdaleriddler

I don’t know most of the people on here, the ones that I do know I don’t hate, some I actually like! As I said going to concentrate on the football, I’ll leave others to ruminate on the overthrow of the world order or football gay days

If all of us were born the same life would be different, that’s what makes us the human race. Unfortunately we are not and there are far more atrocities happening everyday around the world...

On the plus side, if we were all born the same we would be all Dale Fans & no one would support NCFC

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Taking a Knee on 18:51 - Sep 13 with 682 viewsncfc_chalky

Taking a Knee on 17:36 - Sep 13 by blackdogblue

If all of us were born the same life would be different, that’s what makes us the human race. Unfortunately we are not and there are far more atrocities happening everyday around the world...

On the plus side, if we were all born the same we would be all Dale Fans & no one would support NCFC

And yet Notts has a bigger fan base than Dale

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024