Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Midfielders 20:48 - Sep 12 with 1420 viewssaint22

Clearly we need one or two ideally, these all entering last year of deals

Rani Khedira
Maarten de Roon
Sergio Oliveira
Yann M’vila

Midfielders on 21:03 - Sep 12 with 1399 viewsKennington

Depends what we’re hoping for. If it’s to finish 14-17th we’re probably ok as is. Assume that’s the owner’s general ambition.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Midfielders on 21:04 - Sep 12 with 1398 viewssaint22

Midfielders on 21:03 - Sep 12 by Kennington

Depends what we’re hoping for. If it’s to finish 14-17th we’re probably ok as is. Assume that’s the owner’s general ambition.

Jefferson Lerma down the coast too wouldn’t be a bad shout
Midfielders on 07:25 - Sep 13 with 1251 viewsJaySaint

If we don't bring in a CM who is good enough to start, we won't finished much above 15th

It is a massively important position and we are glaring8 weak there

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Midfielders on 08:10 - Sep 13 with 1226 views1teeminants

We don’t need any midfielders. I keep getting told we have an abundance of players that can slot into midfield so we’ll be fine .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Midfielders on 09:04 - Sep 13 with 1160 viewsA1079

I don't know Saint22 whether the players you have named are or potentially are the answer, I will admit I do not know enough about them to comment - in fact, if I am honest I have not even heard of some of them - but then I had not heard of Salisu until we showed interest.

But, it is not the name, it is the fact that here we are again, starting a season with a position that is lacking and this is what I have a problem with at our team/club - we seem to start seasons on the backfoot squad wise and then we end up doing 2 things:-

1. often making knee jerk signings at the last minute in the hope to repair the hole, which often end up being the wrong signing and
2. playing up catch up straight away

a few seasons ago we were a striker short and we could all see it, then we were defenders short - now several seasons and then when supposedly we do find one he is not available for the first quarter of a season and now it is the midfield. All too often we are reactive rather than pro-active in the transfer market. It is not that we do not have good reasonable midfielders but we lack quality in depth and a creative forward thinking midfielder - Armstrong does fulfil it to a small degree and he is a good consistent player, had a good season and often made a difference but on his own he is not the complete answer. Ward-Prowse (who I do like) is a safe player who excels when the team is playing well but goes safe and regresses when the team is struggling or cannot find a way through. Romeu, has been a great servant but he is not creative and he is showing his age and he is usually a booking a game.

In reality though I cannot see us making any more signings of note (if at all) because we remain hamstrung by players that we cannot off load permanently and are costly to us as a club and I get it - we cannot live outside our means - plus of course, we have in Gao a person who has not taken the club forward at all. Also, to balance all my arguments up, I do think we will do ok this season - we will flirt with relegation and struggle at times, we may make the odd forey into the top half of the league, but I suspect we will finish around mid-table.
Midfielders on 10:23 - Sep 13 with 1109 viewsBicester_North

Midfielders on 09:04 - Sep 13 by A1079

I don't know Saint22 whether the players you have named are or potentially are the answer, I will admit I do not know enough about them to comment - in fact, if I am honest I have not even heard of some of them - but then I had not heard of Salisu until we showed interest.

But, it is not the name, it is the fact that here we are again, starting a season with a position that is lacking and this is what I have a problem with at our team/club - we seem to start seasons on the backfoot squad wise and then we end up doing 2 things:-

1. often making knee jerk signings at the last minute in the hope to repair the hole, which often end up being the wrong signing and
2. playing up catch up straight away

a few seasons ago we were a striker short and we could all see it, then we were defenders short - now several seasons and then when supposedly we do find one he is not available for the first quarter of a season and now it is the midfield. All too often we are reactive rather than pro-active in the transfer market. It is not that we do not have good reasonable midfielders but we lack quality in depth and a creative forward thinking midfielder - Armstrong does fulfil it to a small degree and he is a good consistent player, had a good season and often made a difference but on his own he is not the complete answer. Ward-Prowse (who I do like) is a safe player who excels when the team is playing well but goes safe and regresses when the team is struggling or cannot find a way through. Romeu, has been a great servant but he is not creative and he is showing his age and he is usually a booking a game.

In reality though I cannot see us making any more signings of note (if at all) because we remain hamstrung by players that we cannot off load permanently and are costly to us as a club and I get it - we cannot live outside our means - plus of course, we have in Gao a person who has not taken the club forward at all. Also, to balance all my arguments up, I do think we will do ok this season - we will flirt with relegation and struggle at times, we may make the odd forey into the top half of the league, but I suspect we will finish around mid-table.

Saint22 hadn’t heard of any of those players either.
She just decided to do an advanced search of Transfermarkt website and put the results on here as if she’s got some genuine knowledge.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Midfielders on 11:30 - Sep 13 with 1078 viewsMattFinish

Don't know much about M’vila or Oliveira

Maarten de Roon is a good player but not sure the fee would be worth the risk.

Rani Khedira is absolutely what we're missing in midfield. Hard tackling and pacey and wouldn't break the bank of Gao
Midfielders on 11:54 - Sep 13 with 1059 viewssaint22

Midfielders on 11:30 - Sep 13 by MattFinish

Don't know much about M’vila or Oliveira

Maarten de Roon is a good player but not sure the fee would be worth the risk.

Rani Khedira is absolutely what we're missing in midfield. Hard tackling and pacey and wouldn't break the bank of Gao

M Vila is akin to Khedira and just what we need, thanks for the positive reply Matt, at least someone on here shows intelligence
What’s annoying is we knew PEH was leaving yet we didn’t line up a replacement
Login to get fewer ads

Midfielders on 14:02 - Sep 13 with 1001 views1885_SFC

Midfielders on 11:54 - Sep 13 by saint22

M Vila is akin to Khedira and just what we need, thanks for the positive reply Matt, at least someone on here shows intelligence
What’s annoying is we knew PEH was leaving yet we didn’t line up a replacement

I'm pretty sure we would have someone lined up to replace PEH seeing as it was clear he was leaving ever since he was stripped of the captaincy.

I've read that a couple of players that we earmarked to replace him have gone elsewhere?

It wouldn't be in true Saints style unless we left things to the 11th hour anyway!

Old School is Cool

Midfielders on 16:39 - Sep 14 with 876 viewsMattFinish

Midfielders on 14:02 - Sep 13 by 1885_SFC

I'm pretty sure we would have someone lined up to replace PEH seeing as it was clear he was leaving ever since he was stripped of the captaincy.

I've read that a couple of players that we earmarked to replace him have gone elsewhere?

It wouldn't be in true Saints style unless we left things to the 11th hour anyway!

Absolutely. I think Ralph wanted McKennie, but he didn't want us. I'd be happy with Ntcham. Think he's an upgrade on PEH
Midfielders on 17:23 - Sep 14 with 849 viewssaint22

Midfielders on 16:39 - Sep 14 by MattFinish

Absolutely. I think Ralph wanted McKennie, but he didn't want us. I'd be happy with Ntcham. Think he's an upgrade on PEH

So why isn't Ntcham here, especially after Celtic bombed out of the CL?
Midfielders on 11:04 - Sep 16 with 670 viewssaint22

Midfielders on 21:03 - Sep 12 by Kennington

Anyone ITK here?
Surely we aren't gonna leave it until the last day of the window to bring in some loanee who gets a subs role......??
Midfielders on 11:52 - Sep 16 with 633 viewsBicester_North

Midfielders on 11:04 - Sep 16 by saint22

Anyone ITK here?
Surely we aren't gonna leave it until the last day of the window to bring in some loanee who gets a subs role......??

You’ve posted your drivel on this site for long enough to know whether anyone is ITK here.
It’s just another attention seeking slag off Saints post.
Hasenhuttl has said they want to bring a replacement for Hojbjerg in.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 11:54]

Midfielders on 12:44 - Sep 16 with 561 viewssaint22

Midfielders on 11:52 - Sep 16 by Bicester_North

You’ve posted your drivel on this site for long enough to know whether anyone is ITK here.
It’s just another attention seeking slag off Saints post.
Hasenhuttl has said they want to bring a replacement for Hojbjerg in.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 11:54]

ok weirdo stalker boy
Do you actually sit there refreshing until i post again so you can reply with some inane comment?
go read your daily fail
Midfielders on 13:03 - Sep 16 with 544 viewsBicester_North

Midfielders on 12:44 - Sep 16 by saint22

ok weirdo stalker boy
Do you actually sit there refreshing until i post again so you can reply with some inane comment?
go read your daily fail

Midfielders on 15:00 - Sep 16 with 483 viewsericofarabia

On my FB 'On this Day' page for 16 Sept 2017, after a 1-0 win at Palarse, I'd posted Great Performance from Mario Lemina .... Nailed on Player of The Season if he keeps this up ..... evidently he couldn't

Just checked Sky Match report for the game and he was given Man of The Match and 9/10 by them. Sigh, if only we'd had better managers than Mr Bean and Hughes who could get the best out of him. Definitely damaged goods by the time Ralph got to see him. But there again his record elsewhere hasn't been any better, but what a waste of talent.
Midfielders on 17:07 - Sep 16 with 429 viewssaint22

Midfielders on 15:00 - Sep 16 by ericofarabia

On my FB 'On this Day' page for 16 Sept 2017, after a 1-0 win at Palarse, I'd posted Great Performance from Mario Lemina .... Nailed on Player of The Season if he keeps this up ..... evidently he couldn't

Just checked Sky Match report for the game and he was given Man of The Match and 9/10 by them. Sigh, if only we'd had better managers than Mr Bean and Hughes who could get the best out of him. Definitely damaged goods by the time Ralph got to see him. But there again his record elsewhere hasn't been any better, but what a waste of talent.

fully agree, a crying shame we couldn't get a tune out of him, what a waste
Notice he didn't feature for fulham this weekend

doesn't alter the fact we are one if not two short in the middle and need them in asap
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024