Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL also starts this week 08:35 - Sep 13 with 9803 viewsNigeriamark

For those that are interested, the NFL starts this week ( The Chiefs won the Thursday night opener). I'm predicting an 8-8 season for my team the Browns & reckon this is the season where Mayfield proves he is not just all hype, or shows he's not a genuine starter. Needs to focus on the game rather than earning money from adverts and shooting his mouth off as though he's the biggest star in the game. I fear he will show he's not what he was cracked up to be

KC looked very good in their opener with the new running back ( Edwards-Helaire) already adding to an amazing team. Baring injuries it's hard to see past them for the Super Bowl although anything can happen once it reaches the knockout/play off stages

Will the Ravens get stronger? Who else will challenge? Should be a good season. Interesting that 6 teams are allowing fans ( 22% of capacity allowed) & the rest will start in empty stadia. Wonder if any fan asked to put his mask on will brandish a gun and defend his rights not to !!! I also wonder what name the Washington team will choose ( unless it's already happened)
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 8:54]
NFL also starts this week on 18:31 - Oct 8 with 1771 viewsisitme

NFL also starts this week on 16:47 - Oct 8 by DaleiLama

Works for me

I think the Titans are going to be made an example of. More unauthorised practises have come to light. For the Bills to get an extra bye to get ready for Chiefs who will be playing 3 games in 10 days would be a godsend.
NFL also starts this week on 21:00 - Oct 8 with 1737 viewsNigeriamark

NFL also starts this week on 18:31 - Oct 8 by isitme

I think the Titans are going to be made an example of. More unauthorised practises have come to light. For the Bills to get an extra bye to get ready for Chiefs who will be playing 3 games in 10 days would be a godsend.

That could be a closer game than Chiefs v Ravens which ended up completely 1 sided. Looking forward to that one
NFL also starts this week on 09:57 - Oct 9 with 1688 viewstodmordendale

I Cardiff had sacked NFL.
Is he starting this week.
NFL also starts this week on 14:40 - Oct 11 with 1640 viewsDaleiLama

NFL also starts this week on 21:00 - Oct 8 by Nigeriamark

That could be a closer game than Chiefs v Ravens which ended up completely 1 sided. Looking forward to that one

Latest from around the NFL.

Another Titans coach has tested positive so their facility has shut down and options other than the NFL deducting a game from them and giving their opponents the W seem to be narrowing.

Another positive test on the Pats. Their facility in lockdown again.

Their scheduled which had been moved to Monday has now been put back a whole week to when we were due to play their opponents (Broncos). No news on how they untangle that mess yet.

Chiefs Bills still on (hopefully) and I too am really looking forward to that game. If the Chiefs breeze through that, not sure who is stopping them. It may be beyond any NFL franchise and may take a virus?

Edit: hadn't realised Bills were due to play Titans this week. Current schedule has Bills playing Wednesday and Friday - can't be right?
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 15:25]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

NFL also starts this week on 15:53 - Oct 11 with 1602 viewsisitme

Bills play the Chiefs on Thursday night (Friday morning our time) after a bye and Chiefs playing three games in 11 days. Potentially it should be a great game, especially with the Bills having the rest advantage.

I see Pats v Broncos is rearranged to next week. Within a few weeks rescheduling will become more difficult as teams have had their bye week. I think we will see teams having to forfeit if they cannot fulfill fixtures, especially if 'clean teams' are being placed at a competitive disadvantaged.
NFL also starts this week on 20:28 - Oct 11 with 1571 viewsDaleiLama

NFL also starts this week on 15:53 - Oct 11 by isitme

Bills play the Chiefs on Thursday night (Friday morning our time) after a bye and Chiefs playing three games in 11 days. Potentially it should be a great game, especially with the Bills having the rest advantage.

I see Pats v Broncos is rearranged to next week. Within a few weeks rescheduling will become more difficult as teams have had their bye week. I think we will see teams having to forfeit if they cannot fulfill fixtures, especially if 'clean teams' are being placed at a competitive disadvantaged.

I knew that scheduling wouldn't stand - too disadvantageous and punitive.

LVR playing some game v KCC!

Edit: full proposed schedule changes

[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 20:33]

NFL also starts this week on 21:32 - Oct 11 with 1543 views442Dale

Classic Raiders. They’ll now lose three on the bounce.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

NFL also starts this week on 21:33 - Oct 11 with 1543 viewspioneer

Great win for Raiders...what a three week schedule Bills at Raiders, Raiders at KC then KC at Bills.

Heres hoping the wins for “road” teams dont continue.

Go Bills
Login to get fewer ads

NFL also starts this week on 23:51 - Oct 11 with 1510 viewsDaleiLama

Dak's injury stomach turning. Happy with our trip to the bay. A win vs Jets next Sunday puts us at .500. I'll take that.

NFL also starts this week on 03:07 - Oct 12 with 1495 viewsjokerthief

file:///C:/Users/Alan/Desktop/foreskins.jpg
NFL also starts this week on 14:03 - Oct 14 with 1400 viewsNigeriamark

NFL also starts this week on 20:28 - Oct 11 by DaleiLama

I knew that scheduling wouldn't stand - too disadvantageous and punitive.

LVR playing some game v KCC!

Edit: full proposed schedule changes

[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 20:33]

That was some result from the Titans

Some crazy results, record numbers of points, & a lot of injuries this season, in no small part due to lack of preparation & conditioning due to COVID.

Even the Browns are 4-1 FFS !!!! Decent opening schedule but the Steelers game will be a real test this weekend. If we win that one I might start believing !!!
NFL also starts this week on 17:16 - Oct 14 with 1366 viewsDaleiLama

NFL also starts this week on 14:03 - Oct 14 by Nigeriamark

Some crazy results, record numbers of points, & a lot of injuries this season, in no small part due to lack of preparation & conditioning due to COVID.

Even the Browns are 4-1 FFS !!!! Decent opening schedule but the Steelers game will be a real test this weekend. If we win that one I might start believing !!!

Titans did amazingly well playing their first game for 18 days and with so many players missing (albeit self-inflicted to some extent). Having a soft spot for Tanny and with the Bills in our division, I was rooting for the Titans despite my brainfart on the last page - we have the Texans #1 and #2 picks, not Titans. It was a perfect storm of disfunction on the night for Buffalo and the coaches didn't seem to trust Allen to throw long even when they were 18 down (or the Titans were taking the deep pass away - you can't always see on the telly). Also I only saw the highlights to put my comments into context. It's also nothing compared to the perfect storm when the Jags beat the Fins 62-7 in Marino's final game, so Pioneer can take some comfort. Allen looks like he will be good, but he's a rookie and will make rookie mistakes.

Well pleased with the Fins destruction of the 9ers, especially after they beat Miami in the only SB we've played in since I've been a fan - I will always irrationally hate them for that and denying Marino his ring.

I like the direction the Browns are heading in. Mayfield is starting to get it and they have the perfect game plan for him - a bruising running attack and play-action off it. OBJ and Jarvis are looking good and I loved the pass between the two of them the other week. You have every chance of beating the Steelers - they are not the powerhouse they were.

So far, it's shaping up to be a good season. I still hate the rule changes designed to make it such a high scoring sport and one where you almost have to have an elite QB to succeed, but there have been less flags this year and the games are more watchable as a result.

Interesting Goodell has shifted his stance from "we don't want to extend the season" to "we have to be flexible" and NFL may play another week or more if needed.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 17:16]

NFL also starts this week on 20:33 - Oct 14 with 1338 viewspioneer

NFL also starts this week on 17:16 - Oct 14 by DaleiLama

Titans did amazingly well playing their first game for 18 days and with so many players missing (albeit self-inflicted to some extent). Having a soft spot for Tanny and with the Bills in our division, I was rooting for the Titans despite my brainfart on the last page - we have the Texans #1 and #2 picks, not Titans. It was a perfect storm of disfunction on the night for Buffalo and the coaches didn't seem to trust Allen to throw long even when they were 18 down (or the Titans were taking the deep pass away - you can't always see on the telly). Also I only saw the highlights to put my comments into context. It's also nothing compared to the perfect storm when the Jags beat the Fins 62-7 in Marino's final game, so Pioneer can take some comfort. Allen looks like he will be good, but he's a rookie and will make rookie mistakes.

Well pleased with the Fins destruction of the 9ers, especially after they beat Miami in the only SB we've played in since I've been a fan - I will always irrationally hate them for that and denying Marino his ring.

I like the direction the Browns are heading in. Mayfield is starting to get it and they have the perfect game plan for him - a bruising running attack and play-action off it. OBJ and Jarvis are looking good and I loved the pass between the two of them the other week. You have every chance of beating the Steelers - they are not the powerhouse they were.

So far, it's shaping up to be a good season. I still hate the rule changes designed to make it such a high scoring sport and one where you almost have to have an elite QB to succeed, but there have been less flags this year and the games are more watchable as a result.

Interesting Goodell has shifted his stance from "we don't want to extend the season" to "we have to be flexible" and NFL may play another week or more if needed.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 17:16]

All good things come to an end! Pressure from an unbeaten run now off so time for the Bills to regroup.

But Allen is no rookie....in his third season is the former MVP of the Idaho potato bowl.
NFL also starts this week on 10:30 - Oct 22 with 1289 viewsDaleiLama

NFL also starts this week on 14:03 - Oct 14 by Nigeriamark

Must admit Mark, I saw this tweet below after you posted, but didn't share it in case it jinxed the Browns. After benching Mayfield they took a step backwards last Sunday. Didn't see the game, but let's see how they bounce back this Sunday? Good luck.

Apologies to Pioneer - I'd been reading about Hebert and discussions on the top 3 QBs last year and his combination of arm strength and inaccuracy at times and then reading about Allen in a similar vein and somehow decided Allen was a rookie too even though he's played well against us in the past. Bills stayed in it vs the Chiefs at least on the scoreboard, to nearly the end, but even with a makeshift Chiefs OL, they lost the battle of the trenches on both sides of the ball and the Chiefs ran it with ease.

We're on a bye this weekend and Tua has been nominated the starter by Flo vs Rams a week on Sunday. Feel sorry for Fitz, but the torch had to be passed on at some point. I've taken the cheese too many times in the past, but the AFC East certainly looks more wide open this year than for a long time.

Edit: I'd actually take the over on this line if I were a betting man! Jets seem nailed on to draft Lawrence next year.

[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 10:35]

NFL also starts this week on 10:59 - Oct 22 with 1278 viewsisitme

The Steelers looked really good and their front seven abused what had been up to that rate a good Browns line. Claypool is a star in the making. My only reservation is how good their secondary will be against the best quarterbacks. For the Browns I'm not sure Mayfield is the answer.

Watching the Chiefs v Bills game was interesting. The Bills picked their poison and got gashed on the ground. Allen couldn't really get much going even allowing for some questionable calls by the officials. I do think the Bills will win their division and once you get into the playoffs anything can happen.

The Jets are a car crash and are tanking for Trevor. I would not be surprised if they traded away some of their higher paid veterans before the trade deadline. I'm not sure Gase will be head coach next season. Eric Bieniemy should be the hot head coaching candidate and could have his pick of jobs.

It will interesting to see the impact of Bell on the Chiefs. I can see some team getting screened to death.
NFL also starts this week on 11:25 - Oct 22 with 1270 viewsjonahwhereru

The Browns were well and truly humbled by the Steelers. They could still make the playoffs. They need a confidence boost again a team that doesn’t excel in defending the run. Hunt and Johnson are still a decent force without Chubb.
The consolation is that my high school team came through the second round of their divisional play off, but ranked 8th they now meet the no. 1 ranked team in the division away and the furthest they have ever travelled for a game. Their talisman,who has committed to play college football for Navy, will need the game of his life.
NFL also starts this week on 22:20 - Oct 22 with 1226 viewsNigeriamark

NFL also starts this week on 10:59 - Oct 22 by isitme

The Steelers looked really good and their front seven abused what had been up to that rate a good Browns line. Claypool is a star in the making. My only reservation is how good their secondary will be against the best quarterbacks. For the Browns I'm not sure Mayfield is the answer.

Watching the Chiefs v Bills game was interesting. The Bills picked their poison and got gashed on the ground. Allen couldn't really get much going even allowing for some questionable calls by the officials. I do think the Bills will win their division and once you get into the playoffs anything can happen.

The Jets are a car crash and are tanking for Trevor. I would not be surprised if they traded away some of their higher paid veterans before the trade deadline. I'm not sure Gase will be head coach next season. Eric Bieniemy should be the hot head coaching candidate and could have his pick of jobs.

It will interesting to see the impact of Bell on the Chiefs. I can see some team getting screened to death.

I said earlier in the thread that this is the season Mayfield needs to prove himself but I feared he wouldn't. I haven't changed my mind & they may be best to cut him at the end of the season. The 4 wins have primarily been through the running game or just by letting him make short passes. The 2 real tests against the Steelers & Ravens have seen us crushed & we have to play them both again. AFC north is a really tough league

Enjoying the season so far, & the injuries to key players has given some unheard of talent an opportunity to shine
NFL also starts this week on 10:10 - Oct 23 with 1189 viewsDaleiLama

NFL also starts this week on 22:20 - Oct 22 by Nigeriamark

I said earlier in the thread that this is the season Mayfield needs to prove himself but I feared he wouldn't. I haven't changed my mind & they may be best to cut him at the end of the season. The 4 wins have primarily been through the running game or just by letting him make short passes. The 2 real tests against the Steelers & Ravens have seen us crushed & we have to play them both again. AFC north is a really tough league

Enjoying the season so far, & the injuries to key players has given some unheard of talent an opportunity to shine

Agreed, AFC North is a tough division, especially with Burrow coming in this year to Cincy and the Ravens acquiring Yannick Ngakoue in a trade. The game is so much about having a franchise QB now and if Baker aint that man, the Browns do need to start looking elsewhere. At least he hasn't done this!

The NFC East, by contrast, is a disgrace this year and their play-off spot should be given to a more deserving team.

As a homer, I'm certainly not ready to anoint the Bills as AFC East champs yet either!

NFL also starts this week on 14:34 - Oct 25 with 1148 viewsjonahwhereru

NFL also starts this week on 10:10 - Oct 23 by DaleiLama

Agreed, AFC North is a tough division, especially with Burrow coming in this year to Cincy and the Ravens acquiring Yannick Ngakoue in a trade. The game is so much about having a franchise QB now and if Baker aint that man, the Browns do need to start looking elsewhere. At least he hasn't done this!

The NFC East, by contrast, is a disgrace this year and their play-off spot should be given to a more deserving team.

As a homer, I'm certainly not ready to anoint the Bills as AFC East champs yet either!

I think we are being a bit tough on Mayfield. His ability to connect when going deep is not an issue for me. I am more interested in efficiently driving the team downfield. He is still early into his NFL career. If you cut him you would need to trade either very good players or draft picks / a combination of both to guarantee getting someone better. Compare him to say old Vinnie Testerverde as housemann trophy winners and its no contest.
This is the Browns were talking about at this stage a winning season will do, the play offs would be nice, a playoff win huge.
Low expectations I know. The old high school team got dumped 42 - 0 last night, which admittedly may be affecting my perspective a little.
NFL also starts this week on 21:45 - Oct 25 with 1123 viewsNigeriamark

NFL also starts this week on 14:34 - Oct 25 by jonahwhereru

I think we are being a bit tough on Mayfield. His ability to connect when going deep is not an issue for me. I am more interested in efficiently driving the team downfield. He is still early into his NFL career. If you cut him you would need to trade either very good players or draft picks / a combination of both to guarantee getting someone better. Compare him to say old Vinnie Testerverde as housemann trophy winners and its no contest.
This is the Browns were talking about at this stage a winning season will do, the play offs would be nice, a playoff win huge.
Low expectations I know. The old high school team got dumped 42 - 0 last night, which admittedly may be affecting my perspective a little.

Fair play to Mayfield in the second half today. After a dodgy start they gave him new tactics for the second half and then let him off the leash for the last minute where he delivered. His first really good performance where you can say he was the leader. Long may it continue.

Burrow on the Bengals side looks a real talent
NFL also starts this week on 15:06 - Oct 26 with 1091 viewsisitme

NFL also starts this week on 15:35 - Oct 26 with 1088 viewsjonahwhereru

I said the Browns will be entertaining this year, and I am not wrong. The offence is having to pull out all the stops because we are poor and short of personnel in the safety area, and other frailties are being exposed.
Delighted with my rookie pick Harrison Bryant. He is coming on great. How he was only 115 in the draft is a mystery. The Browns had ample tight end options but couldn’t resist it when he was still undrafted past 114. The TE strength is handy now Hooper is going to be missing for a couple of games.
NFL also starts this week on 19:35 - Oct 26 with 1072 viewsNigeriamark

NFL also starts this week on 15:06 - Oct 26 by isitme

Spot on that. The Bengals were garbage, but Mayfield had to get it done.5-2 based on a favourable schedule but I'll take it. Was hoping for an 8-8 season & hopefully we can do that. With an extra play-off spot can we even dream of reaching January?!!!!
NFL also starts this week on 20:59 - Oct 26 with 1060 viewsDaleiLama

NFL also starts this week on 19:35 - Oct 26 by Nigeriamark

Spot on that. The Bengals were garbage, but Mayfield had to get it done.5-2 based on a favourable schedule but I'll take it. Was hoping for an 8-8 season & hopefully we can do that. With an extra play-off spot can we even dream of reaching January?!!!!

What a weekend in the NFL. The Patriots dynasty must surely be over and Belicheat must be wishing he hadn't let Brady go. Russel Wilson was Superman and the Hawks still lost. Only one unbeaten team in the NFL - the Steelers, who I don't mind admitting I overlooked. Amazing only 1 left so early on - shows how unpredictable everything is.

This is a set back for Browns fans though.

[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 21:02]

NFL also starts this week on 05:37 - Nov 13 with 998 viewsNigeriamark

NFL also starts this week on 20:59 - Oct 26 by DaleiLama

What a weekend in the NFL. The Patriots dynasty must surely be over and Belicheat must be wishing he hadn't let Brady go. Russel Wilson was Superman and the Hawks still lost. Only one unbeaten team in the NFL - the Steelers, who I don't mind admitting I overlooked. Amazing only 1 left so early on - shows how unpredictable everything is.

This is a set back for Browns fans though.

[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 21:02]

So we are going into the second half of the NFL regular season. What do people think so far. I'm really enjoying it but what an odd season. I do a few fantasy teams, and literals every star player I had has gone down with injury or in the case of Zeke & Lamar Jackson are just not adding the points. Browns 1 spot out of a wild card & still have the steelers and Ravens to play. 8-8 seems about right for me, hoping for a 9-7.

Can the steelers & jets go 16-0 and 0-16 respectively ? I would say No for the Steelers & possibly for Jets ( need 1st pick in the next draft). Bills looking good & I feel the saints could kick up a gear. Still hard to look past the Chiefs as suberbowl favourites but anything can happen

COVID starting to creep into the game & it may be there is a season extended, or where teams play less than 16 games.

All exiting stuff
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024