Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL also starts this week 08:35 - Sep 13 with 9794 viewsNigeriamark

For those that are interested, the NFL starts this week ( The Chiefs won the Thursday night opener). I'm predicting an 8-8 season for my team the Browns & reckon this is the season where Mayfield proves he is not just all hype, or shows he's not a genuine starter. Needs to focus on the game rather than earning money from adverts and shooting his mouth off as though he's the biggest star in the game. I fear he will show he's not what he was cracked up to be

KC looked very good in their opener with the new running back ( Edwards-Helaire) already adding to an amazing team. Baring injuries it's hard to see past them for the Super Bowl although anything can happen once it reaches the knockout/play off stages

Will the Ravens get stronger? Who else will challenge? Should be a good season. Interesting that 6 teams are allowing fans ( 22% of capacity allowed) & the rest will start in empty stadia. Wonder if any fan asked to put his mask on will brandish a gun and defend his rights not to !!! I also wonder what name the Washington team will choose ( unless it's already happened)
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 8:54]
NFL also starts this week on 22:15 - Dec 14 with 1061 viewsDaleiLama

NFL also starts this week on 21:51 - Dec 14 by richfoad32

I remember John Smith, one of the presenters on Channel 4 when I first started watching. Born in England and was the Pats kicker for a few years, had a kind of mangled accent so must've spent at least his formative years in the U.K. Didn't Mick Luckhurst take over from him? Another Brit kicking export, both of their presenting skills were a touch, 'wooden'. Part of the charm of the early days, when Nicky Horne was obiously enthusiastic but didn't really have a clue.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 21:53]

He was indeed a Brit and your memory is spot on - a weird transatlantic accent. Yes, Luckhurst took over, Horne and my personal favourite back in the day - Gary Imlach (who does cycling now - principally TdF). They were as wooden as rocking horses back and the day and back then, the internet certainly wasn't used for streaming games. I signed up to a fan club so I could get monthly newletters! Also used to get a weekly (Touchdown I think it was called, which Gridiron took over from). Now info is at your fingertips in abundance. In contrast to the discussion in the other thread, the internet and social media has been a positive boon for fans of all matters pigskin!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

NFL also starts this week on 22:19 - Dec 14 with 1059 viewspioneer

NFL also starts this week on 20:28 - Dec 14 by USADale

Ahh Boston's local boy! His hail Mary in the Orange Bowl for Boston College is still talked about on a regular basis.
I remember him playing for Buffalo. I want to say he replaced someone mid season, got them to the playoffs then they benched him and started the other QB (Johnson I think) and ultimately lost the game. I could be talking crap but it seems to stick in my memory for some reason.
I've been to Buffalo for a Pats game when Bledsoe was the QB, it's a different place. Can get a drink at 3am in the morning but 1pm on a Saturday lunchtime looking for a bar to watch the BC/Notre Dame game was almost impossible.
On a side note, Josh Allen looks like he could well be the real deal, certainly got all the physical attributes. He needs to make sure he keeps it together mentally.

Yes, Flutie was signed as back up for Rob Johnson (high draft pick out of Tulane I think). Johnson was awful, Flutie took them from worst to a play off team. Saw him score the winning touchdown v carolina on the last play of the game. Flutie was unavailable for the first round of play offs - Johnson returned and Bills beat Saints I think. For the following week Coach Phillips wanted Flutie back in but the owner (Ralph Wilson) insisted Johnson his top draft pick, play. And that was the music city miracle game. It was 18 years before the Bills made the play offs again.

Flutie's brother Darren had a long career in the Canadian league
NFL also starts this week on 04:49 - Dec 15 with 1020 viewsNigeriamark

NFL also starts this week on 14:29 - Dec 11 by jonahwhereru

Stafanski has hugely advanced his profile this season. But the Browns always contrive to give away plenty of points, regardless of the opposition. They cannot progress far in the playoffs. When they hit a good defensive unit they will get beat, as the Browns safety and corners are not not good enough for post season, even when Ward returns. I actually think Mayfield is moving forward. I think they will retain him. Next year with a few decent trades / draft pick surrenders they could be a real force.

Can you believe that game last night ( 3.15 am for me) !!! not a better game this year in the NFL. 55 yd field goal to win it in overtime with 2 seconds left, with 26 points in the last 2 minutes ( including that crazy safety in the last 2 seconds). Unbelievable game and although we lost I enjoyed every minute ( not the last 2 seconds)

Although we lost Mayfield, came of age for me last night. He has had some soft games, but under pressure ( apart from 1 interception ) he showed he could perform. They are going to rue a short missed field goal and extra point, but the Browns showed they are a good team last night, and as you say with a good post season draft/trade they could do well next year

Watch us lose to the giants and jets now !!!

Still think Stefanski might go for an experienced QB if one becomes available.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 5:05]
NFL also starts this week on 08:15 - Dec 15 with 981 viewsDaleiLama

NFL also starts this week on 04:49 - Dec 15 by Nigeriamark

Can you believe that game last night ( 3.15 am for me) !!! not a better game this year in the NFL. 55 yd field goal to win it in overtime with 2 seconds left, with 26 points in the last 2 minutes ( including that crazy safety in the last 2 seconds). Unbelievable game and although we lost I enjoyed every minute ( not the last 2 seconds)

Although we lost Mayfield, came of age for me last night. He has had some soft games, but under pressure ( apart from 1 interception ) he showed he could perform. They are going to rue a short missed field goal and extra point, but the Browns showed they are a good team last night, and as you say with a good post season draft/trade they could do well next year

Watch us lose to the giants and jets now !!!

Still think Stefanski might go for an experienced QB if one becomes available.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 5:05]

Only saw this morning's 1 hour highlight package, and missed 1 Raven TD when making a brew at 21-14, but WOW. I thought Stefanski was mad going for 2 but it was moot anyway. In your list of "incredibles" what about the Ravens back-up QB going down and LJ running out of the locker room onto the pitch and completing on 4th and 5. Great game and Baker does indeed look like he "gets it" now, but also agree with Jonah - defences win Championships. Brilliant game for the neutral and good to see a lot of Daley teams turning corners and trending upwards.

PS NO ONE loses to the Jets.

[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 10:20]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

NFL also starts this week on 05:29 - Dec 16 with 257 viewsClareGimson

NFL also starts this week on 06:32 - Oct 1 by Nigeriamark

You could be right about the Bills, they look a good all round team. However unless there are some injuries the Chiefs look amazing with Mahomes winning the battle of the QB's. Pleased with the Browns start, but it's because they have put Mayfiels on a bit of a leash. They don't really trust him so are adopting the running game and short passes. When you have OBJ Jr & Landry as your WR pair, and Chubb & Hunt as your RB pair, you have arguably one of the strongest offences in the league. However Mayfield is a bottom 5 QB at the moment, but let's hope he picks up. AFC north is tough with the Steelers & Ravens in it who both look good.

Chiefs overall for me. for me but the NFC championship could be open & harder to predict

If this is really the case, I would like to know more about such cooperation in order to understand the essence <a href=" https://bestessaytyper.com/write-my-essay">write my essay for me</a> of such a relationship.
NFL also starts this week on 17:30 - Dec 16 with 257 viewsUSADale

NFL also starts this week on 21:35 - Dec 14 by DaleiLama

Do you remember John Smith, or was that before your time? Used to quite enjoy the Marino v Beldsoe battles but the ones with Kelly were always more entertaining ultimately.

Fins going down to Chiefs means Bills are all but crowned and a WC is best I can hope for. Big Browns fan tonight - crush the crows!

Still awaiting news of all Fins injuries, but needing to beat Pats and Raiders fielding a MASH unit looks less likely by the day, but hope springs eternal.

Funny how Dale fans end up being pessimistic about their NFL teams chances.

John Smith was a little before my time although was and still is talked about. It used to be back in the day when people found out I was English and a Pats fan I would be asked if I knew him!

Bledsoe was my guy, loved that fella, had Parcells picked Rick Mirer instead of Bledsoe with the overall #1 pick in 93 there is no doubt in my mind we would not have gone on to achieve what we have. He put the Pats back on the map and the new Stadium (at the time in 2002) was really the house that Drew built not Brady.
NFL also starts this week on 17:41 - Dec 16 with 257 viewsUSADale

Could really have done with a Brown win although that was a great game. There is still a path to the playoffs for the Pats with multiple losses for the Fins, Ravens and Raiders. It's a pretty slim chance and realistically I probably shouldn't be greedy!

Since Pittsburgh have lost a couple it's difficult to look past the Chiefs right now, they're heavily favoured in Vegas.

This offseason should be interesting with some potential experienced QB moves plus another 3 QBs after Lawrence projected to go top 10 in the draft.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024