Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict 16:35 - Sep 20 with 871 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52945/saints-v-tottenham

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 18:41 - Sep 20 with 703 viewsDorsetIan

Massive amount of“I told you so“ in this post but not a mention of the suicidally high defensive line, which is a tactic, which is the manager‘s responsibility.

Play like that against a Kane pinging in passes like a Sheringham and Son Is unlikely to miss, whatever the quality of the defenders.

And all this criticism on Stephens’ shoulders who has served us well in many games, and yet you were on Solent midweek punting the line that Gao has done us no harm! Can’t have it both ways, surely?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Saints V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 18:56 - Sep 20 with 680 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 18:41 - Sep 20 by DorsetIan

Massive amount of“I told you so“ in this post but not a mention of the suicidally high defensive line, which is a tactic, which is the manager‘s responsibility.

Play like that against a Kane pinging in passes like a Sheringham and Son Is unlikely to miss, whatever the quality of the defenders.

And all this criticism on Stephens’ shoulders who has served us well in many games, and yet you were on Solent midweek punting the line that Gao has done us no harm! Can’t have it both ways, surely?

I agree Ian. I also agree with Nick that the defence needs some investment. But, we don't invest because of Gao. So there is the contradiction Nick. It's Gao's fault for not investing in the team / defence. Ralph himself has hinted at the lack of investment.

So Nick, who do you blame for the lack of bringing in a defender or anyone at all for that matter? Come on seriously, whilst other clubs are investing in their team, all over the pitch, seriously, who is to blame? I fail to blame another manager for 5 th season in a row of chaos and poor performance.

Pellegrino played deep, Hughes somewhere in between. Ralph plays high. But the same result??
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 19:00]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 20:54 - Sep 20 with 612 viewssaintwizzler

Saints V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 18:56 - Sep 20 by Saintsforeverj

I agree Ian. I also agree with Nick that the defence needs some investment. But, we don't invest because of Gao. So there is the contradiction Nick. It's Gao's fault for not investing in the team / defence. Ralph himself has hinted at the lack of investment.

So Nick, who do you blame for the lack of bringing in a defender or anyone at all for that matter? Come on seriously, whilst other clubs are investing in their team, all over the pitch, seriously, who is to blame? I fail to blame another manager for 5 th season in a row of chaos and poor performance.

Pellegrino played deep, Hughes somewhere in between. Ralph plays high. But the same result??
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 19:00]

Gao said from the start he wouldn’t be investing.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Saints V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 20:59 - Sep 20 with 604 viewsRon11

Saints V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 20:54 - Sep 20 by saintwizzler

Gao said from the start he wouldn’t be investing.

He's been a cvnt from the start then.
Saints V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 21:15 - Sep 20 with 590 viewsDorsetIan

Saints V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 20:59 - Sep 20 by Ron11

He's been a cvnt from the start then.

Exactly. I've got no interest in why he hasn't supported the club or how long that's been going on.

We were playing a club today that has just bought Bale and who had much more quality than us to start with. We're in the same league, if we want to compete then there is a minimum level of owner support that is required.

I also don't care about the books being balanced. If it all goes pear-sheaped and we end up in administration I will worry about it then. In the meantime I'm a fan who wants the team to do well, not an accountant.

Saints V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 21:21 - Sep 20 with 581 viewsBicester_North

Saints V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 21:15 - Sep 20 by DorsetIan

Exactly. I've got no interest in why he hasn't supported the club or how long that's been going on.

We were playing a club today that has just bought Bale and who had much more quality than us to start with. We're in the same league, if we want to compete then there is a minimum level of owner support that is required.

I also don't care about the books being balanced. If it all goes pear-sheaped and we end up in administration I will worry about it then. In the meantime I'm a fan who wants the team to do well, not an accountant.

We’ve been this sort of club for nearly all our lives, tight as f*ck.

It’s only the greed of the premier league that’s made Saints supporters desperate for the club to spunk money.

The difference is we were bringing top youngsters through and often being very shrewd who we brought in. The last few years, the funds we’ve splashed have mostly been on a load of bollocks, Ings and Armstrong apart (hopefully the likes of Adams and Djnepo will still work out)

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Saints V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 21:36 - Sep 20 with 556 viewsDorsetIan

Saints V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 21:21 - Sep 20 by Bicester_North

We’ve been this sort of club for nearly all our lives, tight as f*ck.

It’s only the greed of the premier league that’s made Saints supporters desperate for the club to spunk money.

The difference is we were bringing top youngsters through and often being very shrewd who we brought in. The last few years, the funds we’ve splashed have mostly been on a load of bollocks, Ings and Armstrong apart (hopefully the likes of Adams and Djnepo will still work out)

There's probably a case for restricting the Premier League to 15 teams and to creating a Premier League 2 below that for the next 15.

But for as long as we're in this very rich league, we need to up our game financially. There's an argument that says the reason we have bought so many duds in recent times, is that we've been forced to take punts around the £15m-£20m mark.

Who spent the £75m Van Dijk money the better - Liverpool or us?

Saints V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 21:49 - Sep 20 with 545 viewsBicester_North

Saints V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 21:36 - Sep 20 by DorsetIan

There's probably a case for restricting the Premier League to 15 teams and to creating a Premier League 2 below that for the next 15.

But for as long as we're in this very rich league, we need to up our game financially. There's an argument that says the reason we have bought so many duds in recent times, is that we've been forced to take punts around the £15m-£20m mark.

Who spent the £75m Van Dijk money the better - Liverpool or us?

Most other prem clubs like Saints without mega rich owners (Burnley, Palace, Brighton) have signed players for similar or lower fees to us, it’s just we have signed mostly absolute crap. The end of Les Reed’s era and the couple of years after that, has really f*cked us royally.
One of the things we were best at, signing gems like Mané and Van Dijk and selling them on, went completely down the pan. Now we’ve got a crap owner who won’t spend a penny more than we bring in, we are completely stuck.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Login to get fewer ads

Saints V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 21:55 - Sep 20 with 528 viewsDorsetIan

Saints V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 21:49 - Sep 20 by Bicester_North

Most other prem clubs like Saints without mega rich owners (Burnley, Palace, Brighton) have signed players for similar or lower fees to us, it’s just we have signed mostly absolute crap. The end of Les Reed’s era and the couple of years after that, has really f*cked us royally.
One of the things we were best at, signing gems like Mané and Van Dijk and selling them on, went completely down the pan. Now we’ve got a crap owner who won’t spend a penny more than we bring in, we are completely stuck.

'Now we’ve got a crap owner who won’t spend a penny more than we bring in, we are completely stuck.'

This. 100%.

Stuck

Saints V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 12:59 - Sep 21 with 318 views1ASIN12

It's back to that old saying "keeping doing the same things and expecting different results is the 1st sign of madness"

In Saints case (as Nick pointed out) its not adequately replacing VVD and Fonte and we can't expect the likes of Stephens and Bednarek to be at the same level.

I read a good point somewhere - McCarthy, Bednarek, Stephens and to some extent Romeu were all signed as back up players now they are 1st choice. Its no wonder we struggle.

It's down to the management team to get the best out of a very limited and very small squad, Ralph did that last season and even more so after the restart. Even then the majority of the goals we let in came from errors.

For whatever reason we seem to have changed tactics a bit from the end of last season where we had a good run.

We are stuck with the defence we have for the season we are not going to sign any players to improve it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024