Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnson’s Wall 18:53 - Oct 2 with 1931 viewsSadoldgit

It appears that the government have been looking into building a floating barrier off shore to keep the immigrants out. I am not sure about the feasibility of such an enterprise, and the legality seems highly questionable, but wouldn’t they do better spending their time negotiating with the French and dealing with the problem before the gangs get the boats in the water?
Johnson’s Wall on 20:17 - Oct 2 with 1212 viewskingolaf

You lost me with dealing with the French.
Johnson’s Wall on 20:26 - Oct 2 with 1201 viewsSadoldgit

Johnson’s Wall on 20:17 - Oct 2 by kingolaf

You lost me with dealing with the French.

Fair point.
Johnson’s Wall on 00:14 - Oct 3 with 1123 viewsChesham_Saint

Johnson’s Wall on 20:26 - Oct 2 by Sadoldgit

Fair point.

You ever spent much time trying to negotiate with the French then, Sogs?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Johnson’s Wall on 09:00 - Oct 3 with 1041 viewsSadoldgit

Johnson’s Wall on 00:14 - Oct 3 by Chesham_Saint

You ever spent much time trying to negotiate with the French then, Sogs?

No, but they do have a certain reputation do they not?
Johnson’s Wall on 09:11 - Oct 3 with 1030 viewsSaintNick

The channel is one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world, I dont think they would even waste a second considering this

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Johnson’s Wall on 09:35 - Oct 3 with 1017 viewsChesham_Saint

Johnson’s Wall on 09:00 - Oct 3 by Sadoldgit

No, but they do have a certain reputation do they not?

They can be extremely difficult, with often a complete lack of consistency and clarity. This extends to responses given by their lawyers, many of whom In my experience, are prepared to bend or ignore the rules for a suitable cash incentive.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Johnson’s Wall on 10:26 - Oct 3 with 989 viewsSadoldgit

Johnson’s Wall on 09:11 - Oct 3 by SaintNick

The channel is one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world, I dont think they would even waste a second considering this

That’s the thing though Nick, according to a leak, it was considered (however briefly).
Johnson’s Wall on 10:30 - Oct 3 with 987 viewsSaintNick

Johnson’s Wall on 10:26 - Oct 3 by Sadoldgit

That’s the thing though Nick, according to a leak, it was considered (however briefly).

If someone has leaked a cabinet meeting I would say that they have an ulterior motive to try and discredit someone, so I would take it with a pinch of salt

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Johnson’s Wall on 10:48 - Oct 3 with 970 viewsBridders2

Johnson’s Wall on 10:26 - Oct 3 by Sadoldgit

We pay the French Millon's to police the coast but they play a blind eye, while ever increasing numbers cross the channel, ignoring safe havens in France, Spain, Italy and all the countries they pass through. What would you do about it Soggy?
Johnson’s Wall on 10:50 - Oct 3 with 963 viewsJaySaint

Johnson’s Wall on 10:48 - Oct 3 by Bridders2

We pay the French Millon's to police the coast but they play a blind eye, while ever increasing numbers cross the channel, ignoring safe havens in France, Spain, Italy and all the countries they pass through. What would you do about it Soggy?

let them in and give them free houses and money (not near him of course, near you and me instead)

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Johnson’s Wall on 11:47 - Oct 3 with 931 viewsHeisenberg

Make sure we were sat at the table during Europe wide discussions aimed at finding a Europe wide solution to this issue. Oh no hang on. We won't be there of course.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Johnson’s Wall on 12:02 - Oct 3 with 923 viewsJaySaint

Johnson’s Wall on 11:47 - Oct 3 by Heisenberg

Make sure we were sat at the table during Europe wide discussions aimed at finding a Europe wide solution to this issue. Oh no hang on. We won't be there of course.

been there done that. The solution is let them come.

Johnson’s Wall on 12:59 - Oct 3 with 891 viewsSadoldgit

Johnson’s Wall on 10:30 - Oct 3 by SaintNick

If someone has leaked a cabinet meeting I would say that they have an ulterior motive to try and discredit someone, so I would take it with a pinch of salt

They can only discredit someone if there is something to discredit in the first place 😉
Johnson’s Wall on 13:02 - Oct 3 with 889 viewsSadoldgit

Johnson’s Wall on 10:50 - Oct 3 by JaySaint

let them in and give them free houses and money (not near him of course, near you and me instead)

I live a lot closer to where they come ashore than you do so where do you think they are more likely to end up? Also these people need help, or would you rather they just drowned on the way across?
Johnson’s Wall on 13:14 - Oct 3 with 880 viewsSadoldgit

It seems that they mostly head here because they can speak English, not French, Spanish or Italian.

It’s a tricky one but I think the issue needs to be dealt with on the French side. We clearly do not have the resources to deal with policing our own borders and once they are are in the water it is too late. This is a problem that needs to be tackled by Europe as a whole, not just us and the EU needs a proper well funded strategy to deal with the floods of people who are desperate to escape to safer environments. The gangs fleecing people need to be dealt with properly not just by us and the French, but by a combined EU initiative. This is a humanitarian issue on a huge scale and needs to be treated as such. Priti Patel’s suggestions don’t far (if the leaks are true) are less than helpful and smack of the usual NIMBYism. I am not pretending that this is an easy nut to crack, but we could start by viewing these people as human beings who need help rather than just “illegals”.
Johnson’s Wall on 13:21 - Oct 3 with 872 viewsJaySaint

Johnson’s Wall on 13:02 - Oct 3 by Sadoldgit

I live a lot closer to where they come ashore than you do so where do you think they are more likely to end up? Also these people need help, or would you rather they just drowned on the way across?

help, as in?

Johnson’s Wall on 13:25 - Oct 3 with 859 viewsSadoldgit

Johnson’s Wall on 13:21 - Oct 3 by JaySaint

help, as in?

Try imagining that your home town has been bombed, family members murdered and raped. You leave everything behind and try and find a better life for yourself and your loved ones. What kind of help would you need?
Johnson’s Wall on 15:02 - Oct 3 with 830 viewsthissceptredsaint

You also have to consider that whilst they are destitute now they are so because they had the funds, or some funds to spend to get as far as the French coast. They had the funds because they are middle class/professionals often who have been able to at least 'get out' of the war zone. They have skills supposedly in high demand. I don't think the majority are coming here for the lucky chance to get housed in Govanhill, Landport or some other uk Sh*thole.
Johnson’s Wall on 15:05 - Oct 3 with 823 viewsJaySaint

Johnson’s Wall on 13:25 - Oct 3 by Sadoldgit

Try imagining that your home town has been bombed, family members murdered and raped. You leave everything behind and try and find a better life for yourself and your loved ones. What kind of help would you need?

In 2020, 44% of incidents (most of which are interceptions of boats by Border Force officials) in which the nationality of boat occupants is known involved Iranians.

Johnson’s Wall on 15:23 - Oct 3 with 803 viewsSadoldgit

Johnson’s Wall on 15:05 - Oct 3 by JaySaint

In 2020, 44% of incidents (most of which are interceptions of boats by Border Force officials) in which the nationality of boat occupants is known involved Iranians.

Which means what exactly?
Johnson’s Wall on 15:25 - Oct 3 with 800 viewsJaySaint

Johnson’s Wall on 15:23 - Oct 3 by Sadoldgit

Which means what exactly?

the vast majority of those coming are not being bombed out of house and home.
hence why the are coming illegally

Johnson’s Wall on 16:04 - Oct 3 with 778 viewsSadoldgit

Johnson’s Wall on 15:25 - Oct 3 by JaySaint

the vast majority of those coming are not being bombed out of house and home.
hence why the are coming illegally

Do you know the reason these people are coming?
Johnson’s Wall on 16:07 - Oct 3 with 774 viewsJaySaint

Johnson’s Wall on 16:04 - Oct 3 by Sadoldgit

Do you know the reason these people are coming?

NHS, Benefits, Housing, Benefits, Illegal work, live in a 3 bed house with 9 other people, benefits, work in slave like conditions.

as said, the majority of these people are not being bombed out of house and home (as you alluded to)

Johnson’s Wall on 16:28 - Oct 3 with 761 viewsSadoldgit

Johnson’s Wall on 16:07 - Oct 3 by JaySaint

NHS, Benefits, Housing, Benefits, Illegal work, live in a 3 bed house with 9 other people, benefits, work in slave like conditions.

as said, the majority of these people are not being bombed out of house and home (as you alluded to)

Ignoring the massive generalisation that you have just made, by your own figures you have completely dismissed the majority (56%) who are not Iranian. Let’s face it, you have a problem with foreigners don’t you?
Johnson’s Wall on 16:51 - Oct 3 with 751 viewsJaySaint

Johnson’s Wall on 16:28 - Oct 3 by Sadoldgit

Ignoring the massive generalisation that you have just made, by your own figures you have completely dismissed the majority (56%) who are not Iranian. Let’s face it, you have a problem with foreigners don’t you?

the 56% of other people largely come from areas that are not being bombed.

That has nothing to do with foreigners. In fact, I would rather we stopped the illegal crossings entirely as it puts these people in danger, and welcome those in genuine need.

great effort with your mental gymnastics. T

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024