Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£250 million bailout 16:52 - Oct 11 with 7881 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

BBC sport reports prem league proposals for potential financial bailout with strings attached. Don’t think it’ll affect Dale too much but can see some prem & championship clubs being extremely unhappy. Sorry can’t post a link if anyone else is able to?
£250 million bailout on 19:41 - Oct 13 with 2220 viewsDaleFan7

Pandering to the big boys with only the short term considered. Alright it gives a bail out for now but leopards won't change their spots, if clubs that are going under get more money, they'll spend more money chasing the dream, its what they do. They aren't going to all of a sudden start budgeting better.

If this gets the go ahead it will be the start of the end of the EFL.
£250 million bailout on 00:45 - Oct 14 with 2093 viewsShun

Lots of reports on Twitter that this has a lot of support in the EFL. I’d be intrigued to hear from Dale to see where we stand on the matter.
£250 million bailout on 09:03 - Oct 14 with 1996 viewsfermin

When I read this BBC article https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54531760 I was a bit surprised at how unanimous the support from EFL clubs was. However, I see it has been amended slightly since yesterday to show dissent.

The ITV interview linked earlier sort of confirms my cynical suspicions that the big clubs are exploiting the current pandemic and consequent financial pressures on EFL clubs to force through what they want. DB is saying that Dale have to accept the deal (like other clubs) regardless of what they actually think about it because they have little money coming in. I hope the EFL read the small print before signing as I can see the big six using some clause to force through B teams or something else equally egregious on pain of losing the 25% TV money.
£250 million bailout on 16:12 - Oct 14 with 1838 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

£250 million bailout on 20:14 - Oct 14 with 1673 viewsSalegraham

£250 million bailout on 16:12 - Oct 14 by 442Dale

Surely Rick Parry will have to resign from the Football League after his part in the Liverpool/United money grab
£250 million bailout on 20:22 - Oct 14 with 1660 viewsjudd

£250 million bailout on 20:14 - Oct 14 by Salegraham

Surely Rick Parry will have to resign from the Football League after his part in the Liverpool/United money grab

Good luck with that.

Darragh McAnthony or whatever he's called was on the wireless and was refreshingly interesting. His club has benefited by selling a player for £10m but still looks like he'll have to repay £1m in season ticket money.

With regards PL payments, he was vehemently opposed to cash just being given to clubs so unscrupulous owners could just fritter it away on whores and Cuban heeled boots. Rather, draw down had to be fully regulated against legitimate spends/costs, all in line with the salary cap agreements in place.

He didn't really mention whores.

Poll: What is it to be then?

£250 million bailout on 20:33 - Oct 14 with 1639 viewsdownunder

£250 million bailout on 20:22 - Oct 14 by judd

Good luck with that.

Darragh McAnthony or whatever he's called was on the wireless and was refreshingly interesting. His club has benefited by selling a player for £10m but still looks like he'll have to repay £1m in season ticket money.

With regards PL payments, he was vehemently opposed to cash just being given to clubs so unscrupulous owners could just fritter it away on whores and Cuban heeled boots. Rather, draw down had to be fully regulated against legitimate spends/costs, all in line with the salary cap agreements in place.

He didn't really mention whores.

I was thinking "what if the whores can score 30 times a season?" But then he did not mention them, so my thoughts, as usual, are wasted.
£250 million bailout on 20:37 - Oct 14 with 1631 viewsjudd

£250 million bailout on 20:33 - Oct 14 by downunder

I was thinking "what if the whores can score 30 times a season?" But then he did not mention them, so my thoughts, as usual, are wasted.

Scoring 30 times a season in such fashion would require further squandering on a supply of a certain tablet

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

£250 million bailout on 19:48 - Oct 15 with 1420 views100notout

So I see a £50m bailout has been agreed for leagues 1 and 2 - can't see any further details on this. I wonder how it will be split - just over £1m each? or all L1 teams get say £1.25m and L2 get £750k? Either way should go a long way to filling DB's black hole

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

£250 million bailout on 19:59 - Oct 15 with 1403 viewsD_Alien

£250 million bailout on 19:48 - Oct 15 by 100notout

So I see a £50m bailout has been agreed for leagues 1 and 2 - can't see any further details on this. I wonder how it will be split - just over £1m each? or all L1 teams get say £1.25m and L2 get £750k? Either way should go a long way to filling DB's black hole

Rejected

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54560148

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

£250 million bailout on 20:43 - Oct 15 with 1323 views100notout

£250 million bailout on 19:59 - Oct 15 by D_Alien

Rejected

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54560148

Ah right thanks I didn’t see that. So back to square 1 then

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

£250 million bailout on 19:36 - Oct 16 with 1147 views442Dale

https://www.ourbeautifulgame.co.uk/

Worth a read.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

£250 million bailout on 18:44 - Oct 20 with 983 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

United & Liverpool in talks to form a European “super league” in a £4.6 billion deal according to bbc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024